EIGHTEEN // IN LOVE

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SuHo

            “You look beautiful tonight.” I praise DanBi and she smiles right away. She is wearing a short lace dress with cap sleeves tonight and it is baby blue in colour. I personally think that the colour suits her. There is also some beadwork on the upper part of the dress and the layered skirt makes her look so cute in my eyes. Her hair-style is breathtaking too. I am simply mesmerized by her beauty. I feel like slapping myself for not realizing this earlier. DanBi is a true beauty and it is just that she does not like to dress up. So guys, do not judge a girl by her way of dressing.

            “Thanks, SuHo. You’re not bad too. You look smarter. It’s so different that the SuHo I met in the bus.” I want to smile when she praises me but after she mentions the first time we met, I do not feel like smiling. This girl surely has the talent to destroy people’s happiness.

            “Then, you are lucky to have me tonight, milady.” DanBi chuckles at that.

            “Yeah, sure. So lucky.” She mumbles alone and I could not help but to frown at that. What does she mean by that?

            “Aigoo, I’m so jealous of that girl. She gets to hold hands with EunHyuk!” DanBi pouts a bit while pointing at a couple not too far from us. I turn to look and there he is, EunHyuk sunbae-nim and his date. I do not know his date but I am sure she is not anyone related to the company. DanBi makes a crying sound which makes me turn to look at her. What is wrong with her? Do not tell me…

            “Are you a fan of EunHyuk sunbae-nim?” I ask and she just nods her head without looking at me. Her eyes are fixed on EunHyuk sunbae-nim. Okay, this is a very interesting fact. I do not know she is a fan of him. I mean, she never mentioned it before or reacted like this whenever we come across Super Junior’s name or picture when we spend time together.

            “Yah, Han DanBi. So are you going to ignore your date just like that? It is just five minutes and you already decide to abandon me?” I nudge her elbow. I want to understand her feeling right now, to be able to meet her idol but at the same time, my heart does not like it. I do not like it when she looks at other guy. Why is it?

            “Please, SuHo. This will be the first and the last time I see him in person. Can you take me to him? I just want to greet him. Can you, SuHo? Please…” DanBi says as she shakes my arm. I sigh. This is annoying. Why would I bring my date to another guy? This is wrong. In the drama in the television, there must be something wrong if a man’s woman wants to see another guy in a party. Okay, I am over-reacting here. Sorry!

            “DanBi, look at me.” DanBi looks up to see my face.

            “Good. Now take a very good look at my face, DanBi. I am SuHo. I am your date tonight. I am handsome and I will have your attention tonight. Is that clear?” I say and as expected, DanBi squints her eyes as she grumbles.

            “You are annoying.” She says and looks away. Okay, I feel like laughing now. We sound like a ridiculous married couple. DanBi is still looking at the couple and I feel bad for her. I am planning to abide to her request but a couple greets us.

            “Hi, SuHo hyung.” KyungSoo comes with her date. I am surprised that he managed to find a date because never in my mind I ever imagine KyungSoo with a girl. The girl next to him smiles sweetly at me. She is wearing a stunning dress and I got to say she has a good look.

            “Hey, KyungSoo. So who is this lady beside you?” I notice that the girl is looking at DanBi but I am distracted by KyungSoo’s answer.

            “Oh, this is JiWoo. JiWoo, this is SuHo hyung. He is the leader.” KyungSoo introduces us awkwardly which I find it weird. I mean, she is his date but why he is acting all stiff around her? Oh! Is it because he likes her and has not confessed to her? Awe, I need to help him with that later.

            “Hi, SuHo-ssi. Nice to meet you.”

            “Nice to meet you too, JiWoo-ssi.” We shake hands with smiles on our faces. It is a must for me to be polite with the ladies.

            “So who is your date, SuHo-ssi?” JiWoo asks while looking straight at DanBi. I am still curious of the reason why she is looking at DanBi like that. And I swear I see JiWoo smirks at her. Something is fishy here. Oh! Maybe she knows that DanBi is KyungSoo’s personal assistant and she thought that they are having an affair? Wow, this sounds like the drama I watched long time ago.

            “This is Han DanBi. She is KyungSoo’s personal assistant actually. Can you recognize her, KyungSoo? She looks beautiful today, right?” KyungSoo looks so shocked when he receives my question but nods anyway. I wonder why he behaves like that. But it looks like KyungSoo is surprised by DanBi’s beauty too. Gosh, man. You cannot look at other girl like that when you have your date next to you!

            “Oh! It’s DanBi. Of course I know her.” JiWoo says and looks at DanBi from head to toe before looking away with a small laugh. I can see that she does not like DanBi. Well, I think I need to bring them away from each other to save this situation. KyungSoo clears his throat and it grabs our attention. We are looking at him.

            “DanBi, tonight you’re going home with me.”

            “Oh! I can send her home.” I tell him. Of course I am the one who is supposed to send DanBi home. I am her date. And what in the world KyungSoo is doing in front his date? He would not send her home, then? I can already see the change in JiWoo’s expression. How about DanBi? Surely I can hear her gasp when KyungSoo told her that.

            “It’s okay, hyung. I have something to discuss with her.” My mouth forms an ‘O’ because I cannot argue much on it. KyungSoo probably wants her to stay longer tonight so he will send her back home along with his date. DanBi nods her head and looks away immediately. She is fiddling with her dress and is biting her lower lip. I can see from her gesture that she is uncomfortable around the couple. Hmm, maybe I can bring her to EunHyuk sunbae-nim.

            “KyungSoo, please excuse us. I’m going to greet EunHyuk sunbae-nim.” I tell KyungSoo and he looks so puzzled at that. I bet that he is wondering why in the world would I want to greet EunHyuk sunbae-nim at time like this. Everyone is enjoying the performance though.

            “Oh! Very well then.” As soon as KyungSoo says that, I bow at JiWoo and brings DanBi away from them. DanBi is clueless but she follows me anyway. I want to ask her about the tense situation just now but seeing DanBi looks so unfocussed, I hold back my question. We finally stand face-to-face with EunHyuk sunbae-nim and I got to record DanBi’s smile in front of him. She totally looks like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter