TEN // PARTY

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

          Next Thursday comes and here I am, in my uncle’s house garden where the supposedly party is held. I look around as it is the first time my aunty hold a party here. There is a small stage placed at the middle of the garden and the food sections are placed at the left and right side of the garden, making space for people to gather around in the middle. The garden is shone by the numerous bulb hanging around the garden. It looks beautiful especially when there are many flowers surrounding the garden. Usually my aunty will use the luxury hall inside her house but I do not know what comes to her that she decided to hold it here. However, I love it when she makes the party outside because it does not suffocate me and I am able to escape easily if I ever meet anyone I do not fancy meeting here. And who is that I do not fancy meeting? Of course it is my aunty and her gossip friends. Not to forget, their daughters too. They are so annoying and the things they keep talking about are either about their money and their precious gems. When it comes to me, they love to insult me even though they are trying hard not to make it obvious. Oh well, I am used to it now and I am becoming more expert in avoiding them.

            I fix my hair bun because I feel that my hair is falling but somehow I feel uncomfortable, especially when my dress is short, after realizing that someone is watching me. I want to turn around but I do not dare to hence I pretend to fix my dress. Well ladies and gentlemen, I am wearing my brand new dress which I bought the other day. Surprisingly it suits well with me, ahem. Do not be surprise if I said I am wearing heels too. What to do? I am here to impress my aunty and my cousin and also the people around me. As I am wondering around the garden, time passes and people started to crowd the place. I see my uncle talking to his friends, which happened to be his wife’s friends’ husband. My aunty is around too, talking to the people who handle the audio and mic but I do not see my cousin. Usually she will outshine everyone in a party with her extravagant dress and jewelries.

            “Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please?” I hear my aunt’s voice and she is lucky I am paying attention to her right now because the crowd got silent immediately after that. Seems like she is going to say something about her party, like she usually do and I am participating it because the party is so sudden and she does not tell me anything except for saying it is important.

            “Well, thank you for that and thank you for attending my party today. How was it? I hope you are satisfied with the food and the environment. It’s nice to have a garden party sometimes, right?” She got no response but it is normal because no one expect you to answer it by the way. And they can always tell her how great the party is when they talk to her. Everyone here, except me, likes to hear praises though.

            “I can tell that all of you are curious of what the party is all about and with a proud heart, I would like to announce that my daughter, Han JiWoo will be engaged to Do KyungSoo, a son of my husband’s friend, Mr. and Mrs Do. I hope all of you could wish them happiness for this engagement. Thank you.” Unbelievable. My aunty finishes her speech and it is also the first time I see my cousin that night. As usual, she is beautiful in her expensive dress because my eyes are hurting from the sparkle of the gem on her dress. I almost choke on my watermelon, sadly there is no banana, when my aunty mentioned that she is going to be engaged to someone.  I never thought she will settle down with her childish attitude and what surprised me more is when I look at the poor guy beside her. My eyes almost go out of its socket and I am glad I am still fine. I mean, it would be a scene if my eyes really go out of its socket, right? But how on Earth that Han JiWoo is going to get engaged with that short guy from EXO?! He is an idol and it is impossible for such thing to happen, right? The crowd claps their hand upon the news and one by one nearing them to congratulate them. Heol, I think I almost got a fever, thinking that the annoying guy going to be my only cousin-in-law. But most of all, I pity him for being stuck with that evil witch. Stay strong, bro.

            “Here you are, DanBi!” My aunty approaches me with a big satisfied smile on her face. Besi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter