SEVEN // SUHO

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SuHo

            I look around me and a smile form on my lips after realizing that I am finally having my free time. It had been a busy week and all I need is just one day rest, or maybe more. Plus, the members keep telling me to have a day off because they are worried about my health. Different from others, KyungSoo is worried about my mental health and I just laugh it off because I know he is not over the pizza case again. It is just funny for me and the laughter cannot be helped so how do you expect me to stay still, right? But he is still bitter about it and I do not want to find more trouble. He told me that he will no longer contact with that girl since there is nothing that could connect them and I hope it is true. Seeing him being moody is not good for the team so it would be good if he does not see that girl again.

Okay, back to current situation, I am now standing by Han River in sweat suit and ready to start my exercise. People do not recognize me and it makes my heart at ease. It have been hard to exercise in the evening after debuting as EXO member and this is my only chance. I start my exercise with some stretching while facing the beautiful scenery in front of me. The breeze is calming and the coolness could be felt as I touch my cheek. I continue my stretching and ready to make a run. But as soon as I turn around, I see a familiar figure sitting on a bench near me that it halt me from moving. I try to remember her face as I walk closer to her. She does not notice at all that I am coming closer and she looks so bothered. She has a sad expression on her face.

            “Erm, miss?” I say as I reach right in front of her. She is so shocked by my voice that she back away and her eyes widen.

            “Y-yes?” She answers me and looks at me. Aha! I remember her now. No wonder she looks familiar.

            “You’re the one who send the half pizza to KyungSoo, right?” The girl looks so dumbfounded while she is trying to figure out what I am talking about. After a few seconds, she reply me with a bright smile on her lips, a total contra from what I saw just now.

            “Oh! You’re the one who keeps laughing that day, right?” I laugh at her reply. Such a nice impression you left, JoonMyun.

            “Yes. That’s me. My name is JoonMyun but known as SuHo.” I introduce myself and flashes a bright smile as well. However, it is weird that I feel like I still cannot beat her bright smile. This girl in front of me is smiling so brightly like a flower blooming under the radiating sunlight.

            “My name is Han DanBi. You can call me DanBi.” She introduces herself cheerfully. And now I wonder where the sad expression on her face just now is.

            “Can I sit here?” My mouth open on its own as if I have no other thing to do after this. I am planning to exercise. What am I doing?!

            “Sure! Here, sit here.” She says and scoots aside to give me space on the bench. She is so delighted and inviting and weirdly, I form a smile and gladly sit beside her. Okay, let’s talk to her first and I will exercise after this. It is my free day after all.

            “I saw you staring into spaces just now.” I start off our conversation with that question and notice that her smile flatters.

            “You are here to exercise, right?” She asks me and I presume she wants to avert the topic but I cannot let this go. It is the reason why I am sitting beside her right now. I want to listen to her story. I nod my head at her question and beam a smile.

            “Why are you looking sad just now?” I ask her again and finally she sighs, maybe she realize that she could not escape my question. She looks at the scenery in front of me and I can see something in her eyes. Pure sadness. She is not broken, just totally sad over something that I do not know.

            “Just thinking of my own life.” She answers and it makes me frown. Why is she saying that? Is her life that terrible that she looks that sad?

            “Hey, what’s wrong? You got problem?” I ask and lean my body to the front a bit to allow myself to see her face. She smiles at me but I can feel the bitterness of the smile.

            “Nothing serious.” I pout at her respond and nudge her elbow. I really want to know what makes she looks so sad like that and who knows I can help her if she tells me. It is the first time we are having conversation and it is not like we know each other well but I do not know why I feel attracted to her sad eyes. My mind keeps telling me that there is some unexplainable feeling from her sad eyes.

            “You can tell me. I’m okay with it and I really want to know. Who knows I can help you?” She let out a chuckle after what I say as if it is the most ridiculous thing she heard in her whole life.

            “Well, I am an orphan even though my mom is still alive somewhere.” She starts off her story and it is not me but I bet all of you wonder why she said that, right?

            “What do you mean by that?”

            “My mom left me with my dad. Years later, my dad passed away and I am left alone.”

            “You don’t have any relative?” I ask as I feel bad knowing that she has no close family with her. I am grateful that I still have my close fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter