SIXTEEN // DATE

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KyungSoo

            “Are you serious this is your house? It’s as big as a factory.” I leer at DanBi after I heard that she compares my house with a factory. She was oblivious of what she said just now and her eyes are actively wandering around my house. Maybe my house is big for her but I do not think so. I have been to a bigger house than mine. Well, this is Han DanBi we are talking about. Not that I am looking down on her but what do I expect from someone who lives a hard life?

            “If it’s as big as a factory then I hope you will not get lost.” I tell her, emphasizing the word ‘factory’.

            “I hope so.” She replies, still oblivious as ever and I just sigh to it. I enter the living room with her tailing me. I purposely bring her to my house today so that she can get use of this house since I will be needing her to come and find me in my house. You see, my free time is spent on company’s matter and I have no place to do it aside from my house. I do not have my own office in the company because I do not want the public to know that I am the heir of a big company. Plus, I have not agree to take over my family’s business.

            “Have a sit.” I turn around to look at DanBi. I raise my eyebrows when I see her observing the sofa before sitting on it. I guess she is fascinated by the sofa or she is being careful, thinking that the sofa is expensive.

            “KyungSoo, you’re home.” I almost have a heart attack, thanks to my own mom. I turn around to see that she just get out of the kitchen. I assume she just finished babbling about today’s lunch at the chef and the maids. DanBi stands up after she see my mom.

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Do.” My mom’s expression changes when she hear and see her face. Just like what happened at their first meeting, DanBi is looking away or we can say looking on the floor. I do not understand why she behaves like this in front of my mom. Does my mom intimidates her that much? I glance at my mom because I do not hear a word of reply from her. When her eyes meet mine, she hum and nod her head which I am sure, DanBi cannot see it.

            “Are you going somewhere, mom?” My mom shakes her head and hand me a car key.

            “Not me but you. You have to bring JiWoo for a date.”

            “Date?” I sigh inwardly. Why do I have to go for a date with someone I do not love? Moreover, I am traumatized from the last meeting. I remember staying in bed for more than 12 hours because of my sore legs.

            “Yes, bring her to wherever she wants.” I observe my mom’s face and she looks very satisfied with her own idea. I look at the car key in my hand and frown upon it because the car my mom lent to me is a two-seat car.

            “But mom if I bring this car, where is JiWoo going to sit?” I ask her and she is shocked by my question. Okay, what did I do to make her that surprised?

            “What do you mean?”

            “This car has two seats only, right? Where is she going to sit then?”

            “What do you mean where she is going to sit? Of course she is going to sit beside you. Don’t tell me you’ll bring that girl too?” Alright, I kind of not liking the way my mom refer to DanBi. I do not understand why she dislikes her when she does nothing to her. All she did is becoming my personal assistant and she happened to be my fiancee’s cousin.

            “Mom, her name is DanBi and yes, I have to bring her.” I say firmly.

            “There’s no need to bring her along. No one ever bring a personal assistant to a date!”

            “Because no one ever did that I want to do it.”

            “There’s no need, KyungSoo. What will JiWoo say later?”

            “Mom, DanBi is JiWoo’s cousin. What is the problem here?” I tilt my head to the side, questioning her the relevance of her opposing whatever I want DanBi to do.

            “Whatever. Go and fetch JiWoo at her house.” Mom finally gives up and I smile in victory. We always involve in this kind of argument. I can say that 80% of it, I won and another 20% goes to my mom since she likes to threaten me. Either she is going to cast me from this family or she will not give any share from the company to me. I return the car key to her while grinning.

            “I will bring my own car.” My mom does not reply anything. She glare at me for one last time and head to her room which is located upstairs.  I look at DanBi and notice that she is biting her lips. She realizes that I am looking at her so she raised her eyebrows as if asking me what I want from her.

            “Let’s go, DanBi or the parrot will not leave us in peace.” I say to her to live up the atmosphere. DanBi chuckles at the nickname I gives her cousin and nod her head.

            “I agree with that name.” And we laugh together while walking out of my house. I am glad that I am able to make her smile after that tense situation she had just now. I am still wondering the reason DanBi stiffen in front of my mom. Something about my mom must have trigger something in her to be like that. I do not want to ask her for the time being so I am going to watch from the sideline and act when I have to.

DanBi

            “KyungSoo, I need to find a present for my friend. Do you have any suggestion?” There you go, the voice of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter