TWENTY FIVE // DRUNK

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            I look at outside the window of a moving taxi I am taking. It is 2 o’clock in the morning and it is raining outside. The view outside looks blurry to my eyes but I can see the light outside. Even though it is cold inside the taxi, thanks to the cool breeze of the air-conditioner, it is not enough to take my thought of SuHo away from my mind. I was in deep slumber when I received a call from his number, thinking it was my alarm clock which I found it ridiculous of me to set it at such odd hour. Although it was difficult to fight back my sleepiness, the moment I realized it was not his voice, my eyes sprang opened in surprise. The voice belonged to a woman, an old woman, if I guessed it right because she was talking in such an old way.

            “Young lady, are you a friend of this young guy?” She asked me.

            “SuHo? Who is this?” I can’t help but to be suspicious of this call. Well, SuHo is an idol. It could be his phone is stolen by sasaeng and they are making a prank call to those who are related to him. Even though the voice belonged to an old woman.

            “SuHo is his name? What a weird name. Anyway, he’s drunk at my shop and don’t want to leave. I have to close my shop now. I got many works to be done the next morning. Please take him home, young lady. Are you his wife?” I am surprised enough to know that Suho is drunk at such place. I mean, he is an idol. Why would he do that? Plus, I saw him six hours ago and he looked fine. However, the old woman’s last question surprised me.

            “What? No. I’m a close friend of him. Urm, may I know where is your shop? I’ll take him home.”

            “Oh really? Then take him now. My shop is at Moranae market. It’s right in front of a jewellery store.” The old woman answered. Hearing the location, my eyes widened. Moranae market? How on Earth this guy can reach that place at night-time? Did he go there right after he sent me home? For your information, Moranae market is located at Incheon and to go there by bus or car takes about 50 minutes. The easiest way to reach there is by subway, but it is not the best option for me currently. I shook my head, accompanied by a sigh. As much as I am wondering why he went so far to have a drink alone, I have no choice but to take the responsibility to bring him back to Seoul. I sat on my bed right away.

            “Alright. I’ll be there in an hour. Is it okay? I’m sorry but I’m in Seoul right now.” This time, it was the old woman who was surprised to hear that from me.

            “Omo! You’re in Seoul? Then I’ll take him to my house first. It’s just upstairs so, call me if you’re here already.” To that, I was grateful that the old woman was being considerate. Plus, she must want to go back and rest rather than waiting for me to reach there.

            “Ah, I guess it’s better but is it okay to leave him with you?”

            “No worry. My grandson will help me with him.”

            “Then I am relieved. I’ll be on my way. Thank you so much!”

            “No problem. Be careful on your way here, young lady.” I replied with a hum before ending the call and quickly changed my outfit. I did not wake HaNa up, but I already sent a text to her, informing about my absence. I walked out of the house in hurry and walked as fast as possible to the bus stop to hail a taxi. Even though it was late at night, there was a few taxis here and there in Seoul. I was relieved when a taxi stopped right after I waved my hand. When I told him about the location I was heading to, the driver was surprised but accepted my request, nevertheless, thinking of how much money I am going to pay him for a 50 minutes journey.

            The taxi finally comes to a stop in front of Moranae market entrance. After I paid some good amount of money to the driver, I walk out of the taxi and look around to search for the said shop, located in front of a jewellery shop. There are a few shops which still on their business hour, which makes me less scared of walking alone at late night. There are also people walking around, probably on their way back home unlike me. I continue to walk further until I found a junction where a jewellery store is located at my left side and a noodle shop on my right side. Taking a guess, I secretly hope the shop is the right one. So, I head towards a door beside the noodle shop, a bit relieved that it is not locked. Passing through door, I climbed the stairs until I reach the first floor. A yellow coloured door greets me. Light shines from behind the door so, I assumed the floor is occupied and I hope the people inside is not asleep yet. With a nervous heart, I ring the bell and wait until the door is opened from inside. A man is looking at me with a curious look as soon as the door is opened. I too, am looking at him in wonder because my objective is to look for the old woman who was on the phone with me about an hour ago.

            “Yes? Are you looking for someone?” The man asks me. It takes me a moment to realize that he is asking me a question. I blink my eyes to recover from my dazed mind.

            “Urm, I come to pick up my friend. The one who is drunk? A grandma called me earlier.” I answer even though I sound confused. His eyes brighten at my explanation. His eyebrows are raised as he opens the door widely.

            “Ah, you’re his friend? Come in. Your friend is sleeping in my room. My grandma is taking a shower right now.” He says. I nod my head before taking off my shoes and enter the house. I stop walking as soon as I reach the living room as I wait for him to lead the way to his room where SuHo sleeps in. He come to me with a smile and we are smiling at each other for a good two minutes. I have to raise my eyebrows to sign him that I am waiting for him to tell me where SuHo is and only then he realizes how stupid we were.

            “I’m sorry. I forgot.” He says and chuckle to himself.

            “It’s okay.” I reply as I follow him to his room. As soon as he opens the door, I can see SuHo is sleeping on the bed with a blanket over him. I am in relieved when I finally see him, safe and sound.

            Ignoring the man behind me, I rush to the side of the bed to check on SuHo. His hair is shrivelled but other than tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter