TWENTY ONE // PROMISE

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            It has been a week since I was sick. Thanks to KyungSoo, my fever went down in just two days. The first day he visited me, I admit I was a total disaster. I do not even remember he was there to take care of me until HaNa told me that night, after he went home. I did not want to believe her at first because lately she keeps teasing me either with KyungSoo or SuHo. It is not like I am uncomfortable with it but I find it absurd. Why would SuHo likes me? He is like a brother to me. Okay, no. He is like someone I could bully or do whatever with him since he listen to me all the time. And of course, why would KyungSoo likes me? From what I see, he does not have any interest in girl and gosh, who could stand him aside from me? His fans, maybe but we are talking about real girl here. Well, as his assistant, I hope he has a happy marriage with my cousin because JiWoo seems to like him a lot.

            Enough of that. Let’s continue my story just now. When KyungSoo visited the next morning, only then I believe in HaNa. He brought me soup and some other food. I was starting to feel well that morning but after he showed up with food, I felt even better. Even HaNa enjoyed the food although I saw KyungSoo was giving her a look. And you know what? He started to complaint on how annoying I am and how I was giving him hard time. I was about to thank him but I guess I have to forget it. We kept bickering, as usual. I started to think that it was a daily ritual for us. He stayed until evening, after making sure I have consumed my medicine. HaNa told me to send him out because she wanted to clean up. So I sent him till the gate and from there, things started to get weird.

            “I was complaining earlier but I do not mean it. Don’t take it to heart.” I blink as I could not believe my ears. Did KyungSoo just told me some comforting words? He never did that! I know he did not really mean some of his words even though we are bickering non-stop. Being with him every day, I know that he is only trying to get on my nerve. I assumed it is his hobby because he looks the happiest when he did that.

            “Are you sick too?” I ask him. KyungSoo chuckled at that. The next gesture almost makes my heart jump. He places his hand on my cheek. His thumb is caressing my cheek and his eyes, his eyes are looking at me! I do not want to describe the look in his eyes because it cause me goose bump.

            “I guess you’re feeling better now. You’re not burning like yesterday. You can eat, walk and trash talk too.” I squint my eyes upon the last part.

            “You are definitely sick.” I tell him and remove his hand from my cheek. He laughs this time. I can guess why he is laughing and I wish he would just go home now. I tell him that but my face is burning red and my heart is thumping so loud. I do not know why I feel like this at a time like this. I guess I have to blame in on KyungSoo.

            “Just go home, you jerk!” He laughs again. Okay, since when KyungSoo is infected by SuHo’s laughing disease? I roll my eyes and push him out of my house compound.

            “See you tomorrow. I guess I’ll be fine by tomorrow.”

            “No, no. I will be away for three days. So you don’t have to come for work.”

            “And you’re telling me now?”

            “Well, I tried to tell you yesterday but you was throwing tantrum because you refused to go to a clinic.  I tried to tell you during lunch too, but you are taking my complaint serious and I can’t help with that.”

            “Well, maybe you should have not do it in the first place.”

            “I’ll be leaving now. Take care and don’t worry, I won’t miss you!” He says and walk away right after that. Ugh! How I wish I could throw my slipper at him. I know that I won just now but he just need to ignore that and walk away? This guy is undeniably annoying.

            So that was what happened. I know he was just messing with me after that but I could not understand what I was feeling when he caressed my cheek with that look in his eyes. Why did my heart thumped at that?  Why did my face turned red and hot because of that? I asked HaNa yesterday and she just laughed at my question. I waited for her to stop but she just did not find any point to stop so I gave up. Why is it funny to her? This is the first time that I do not understand my own reaction. It is bothering me actually. Maybe I should ask SuHo. Wait, will he laughs like HaNa did too? When it comes to laughing, I cannot trust SuHo.

            As I am thinking of anyone who could help me, my phone rings. It is an unknown number. I frown at that, thinking hard whether I have seen that number somewhere but nothing comes in my mind. I do not really like to answer to unknown number since I quit my delivering job. The ring stop while I am wondering but it rings again. I see that the caller is so persistent so I guess it is not that bad to answer the call. I answer it at the fourth ring.

            “Hello?”

            “Good afternoon. May I speak to Miss Han DanBi?” The voice belongs to a man and the way he talks sound formal.

            “Yes, I am Han DanBi.”

            “Miss Han DanBi, sorry to bother you but I am Kim TaeWoong, Mrs. Do secretary. Do you have time to spare this evening?” Hmm, is this guy trying to take me for a date? But wait, did he mention Mrs. Do? KyungSoo’s mom?

            “I’m sorry but what is that for?”

            “Mrs. Do would like to meet you, if you may.” I gulp at that.

DanBi

            The thought of KyungSoo’s mom is terrifying enough and now she wants to see me. At a five star hotel too! I look down at my own outfit. Am I wearing the suitable outfit? What if I look like an alien in the hotel? People will definitely laugh at me and it will be so embarrassing. I take a look at my own reflection on the glass door in front of the hotel.

            I am here for about five minutes already and I am definitely not late. However, my feet do not seem to want to move inside. I am worrying about many things such as my outfit, the reason she wants to meet me and also this feeling I have right now. I do not know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter