TWO // PIZZA

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            It is another day at the restaurant and I feel like wanting to take a leave. It has been such a tiring week and I have done nothing fun except for working and sleeping at home. I wonder why this restaurant suddenly becomes famous because the number of customers is no joke. It is as if the numbers of the customers doubled since last Sunday. I tried to figure out whether there is a new hot staff working here but nope, I found no one. And to think that we have a promotion, I will say that it is not because the promotions are getting boring and thanks to my manager for proposing such ridiculous promotion. And as if he heard my mind, he appears in front of me after I am finished with my lunch. He is grinning at me and I find it creepy. He looks like an old man trying to flirt with a kindergarten student. Disgusting, right? And that is what I feel.

            “What’s up, sir?” I ask him, acting cool while wearing my snapback. Yeah, I wear snapbacks to work. It is just that I have to keep my hair from flying all over the food and I refuse to wear our restaurant cap. It is totally old-fashioned. Luckily the manager has no problem with it. He may be annoying but he is not that strict.

            “You have a special task today.” He says and wiggles his eyebrows. Awe… I really want to punch his ugly face. Can he stop doing that?

            “What? Wash the dishes?” I ask and start thinking that he is going to bully me today by asking me to replace another staff. Heck, no way I want to do that job. As if he will pay extra. I told you before, right? He will never give extra pay!

            “Nope. You’re going to deliver our pizza to EXO.” He says and like a magic trick, a box of pizza appears in front of me. Okay, it is just that he hides the pizza behind him and presents it in front of me. I raise my eyebrows at him.

            “Okay. Who is EXO?” I ask and I swear I hear my manager gasps dramatically. Euw, are you serious about this? This is so not like him!

            “You don’t know them? They are the most famous boyband in this era!” I brighten up my face, pretending that I am amused with the thing he told me.

            “Oh! That boyband… the members who have eyes, nose, lips, legs and hands, right?” I ask excitedly and immediately drop my smile when I see my manager is giving me a death glare. Opps! Did I push the wrong button? Did he realize that I am being sarcastic? My bad!

            “Hehe. I know them actually.” I admit and it takes me a few seconds to realize what I am supposed to do.

            “Wait, what?! A delivery to EXO?!” No freaking way. My manager has just chosen me to deliver the pizza to the most famous boyband on Earth? The legendary EXO? It is not funny but why did I make fun of my manager when he told me just now? I’m such an idiot.

            “Well, shocked right? I’m honored that they chose our restaurant so I hope the best service from you, DanBi.” No… I’m not shocked at all. I’m nervous! Will I die if anyone knows that I deliver the pizza to EXO? Will anyone hunt me if I hand it to the most handsome member of EXO? Oh, kill me now then.

            “So here’s the pizza and this is the address. Don’t worry, this is a secret and you’re protected. But! If I find out that other people know about this, EXO and I would know who is to blame. Understand?” I blink my eyes and nod awkwardly. My manager is warning me but without he even realizing he is leaning towards me and I am shrinking at the corner. Of course I will never tell anyone about this. I do not want to die early. And actually, I do not know any of the EXO members. I may forget their names and faces at our first and last meeting today, so I hope I am safe.

            “Good luck then. I trust you, DanBi.” My manager says and walks away after that. Okay, now I feel bad. My manager trusts me and I trash talk him almost every day. What kind of drama is this? I sigh and my eyes land on the box in my hands. I bite my lips and start to think of how will I deliver this to EXO. I look at the address and gasp dramatically just like what my manager did just now. The address leads to a housing area or to be accurate, an apartment. So that means I will deliver this to their house. Heart attack alert! I quickly take in a deep breath to calm my nervous heart. This is not helping me at all actually hence I come up with another idea. I’m going to meet my housemate at her office!

            “What should I do now, HaNa?! I’m so nervous right now!” My loud voice can be heard by the whole office but I do not even care about it because they will not recognize me. It is not my first time coming to the building but it is my first time to step on the floor where HaNa is in charge of. And I am not planning to come here again. People in this building are giving me a look that makes me feel intimidated. I do not know how HaNa can survive here. Back to the topic, I look at HaNa who is sitting in front of me and she looks at me with a boring face.

            “You don’t have to be nervous. Just think of them as normal people. They eat pizza, right? So they are normal people, your customers.” HaNa leans on the sofa she is sitting on and sit like a boss. Oh! Talking about boss, I am close with her boss too since HaNa and him are like siblings already. HaNa told me just now that her boss is not in the office right now and she should be thankful because of that. I am planning to confront her boss about my problem instead of her because I know he will give a better advice. Okay, I admit it. I have a little crush on her boss but hey, keep it as a secret, okay?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter