NINETEEN // KISS

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KyungSoo

            I hear someone knocking on the door, repeatedly. Soon, I hear someone calling my name. I open my eyes lazily, starting to realise that it is morning already. I hear my name being called again. With my squinted eyes, I turn to my left side and I see DanBi in panic.

            “Yah, KyungSoo. Let go of my hand. Your maid is knocking on the door!” She says with a hushed tone. I am in dazed but when I hear the knocking of the door again, it starts to click in my mind. I remember everything that happened last night that instant and quickly let go of DanBi’s hand. She looks like she just woke up from her sleep too. Her hair is messy and she fixes it right after I let go of her hand. I find her looking so cute like that. Wait, this is not the time to do this. I sit up on my bed while clearing my throat.

            “I’m awake now. You can go!” I raise my voice to tell the maid on the other side of the door to leave. There is no knock on the door anymore so I assume the maid hear what I said and leave.

            “How can you sleep while holding my hand like that? Urgh! I hope you’re going to give me a holiday for this.” DanBi says while stretching out her body. I feel bad when she complained like that. It must be tiring for her to sleep on the chair with me holding her hand the whole night.

            “I’m sorry. Are you alright? Do you need me to massage you?” I ask this out of concern but she looks so frightened that she back away from me. I blink innocently at her. She must have mistaken my intention.

            “No, thanks. I just want to go home now. How am I able to get out of this house? Everyone in this house is probably awake already.” DanBi says while crossing her arms on her chest as she lean her back on the chair. I sigh at the thought of letting her go home. She is right after all. How can I let her go home if everyone in this house is awake now? I cannot let anyone especially my mom to know that she is here or we will be in trouble.

            “I’m going to ask my maid about my mom. How about you go to take a shower first? I’ll lend you my shirt.” She gasps upon my suggestion and I know my eyes are not deceiving me. I swear I see her blushing in front of me. She is looking away too.

            “N-no, thanks. I’ll just wear my dress again.” She refuses. I kind of do not agree with what she said. She had been wearing that dress since yesterday. She must be uncomfortable with that.

            “No. As your employer, I want you to take a shower and change your outfit. You wore that since yesterday. You probably stink again even if you take a shower.” There, I use my power and my irritating remark. For sure she will be against it but in the end obligate to it. As time goes by, I learn this about Han DanBi. She will fight at first but she has a soft heart that probably most people do not know of. She will give in finally and most of people miss the chance most of the time.

            “I am so going to kill you even if you are my boss. No one will know anyway if I kill you right now.” She says while gritting her teeth. Her eyes are throwing daggers at me but I could care less. I stand up and walk to my walk-in closet to find a new towel, a shirt and a small-sized trouser which mistakenly bought by my fans. It does not fit me but I keep it anyway because it is a gift. Too bad, I have to give it to DanBi today. I return back to the bed and put the shirt and trouser on her thigh. I then put the towel around her neck, holding the both end. She still has the fire in her eyes when she looks at me.

            “Hurry if you want to go home. I need to ask my maid. They will be suspicious if don’t get out of my room.” I tell her and let go of the towel. She is still sitting on the chair while killing me with her eyes. She looks cute like that though. To see that she is not going to obligate, I go and stand in front of my door, threatening to open it.

            “Are you going or not?” I swear she looks like she is going to explode but she have to hold it in so that we are not doomed. Slowly, she rises from the chair and stomps to the bathroom. I hear her mumbling something about killing me after we are out of this house. I chuckle at that. You are already killing me with that attitude of yours, DanBi. I shake my head and open the door of my room, about to be killed by heart attack when I see my maid’s face. We both are surprised and the maid quickly apologise.

            “I’m sorry! I was about to invite you to breakfast.” She says while bowing at me. I calm myself from the surprise by tapping my chest. It takes me a few seconds to recover from it. The maid looks so scared so I decide to talk.

            “It’s okay. I know it’s time for me to have my breakfast. I just want to…” I pauses when I see her widened eyes. I am confused at her reaction but when she starts to gasp, I realise that she heard the sound of the shower.

            “Wait, wait! Don’t misunderstand. I need your help!” I says slowly but she takes a step behind.

            “What’s your name?”

            “Y-yoonMi.” She stutters.

            “Alright, YoonMi. This is between me and you. You won’t let anyone in this house know about this, okay?” She looks hesitate but nods her head anyway. I am relieved that she agreed to keep this as a secret. Oh gosh. Why did I have to leave this kind of image to her?

            “Good. Now tell me. Where is my mom right now?”

            “Ma’am went out just now.”

            “For how long already?”

            “10 minutes, I think.” Good. I can get DanBi out of this house right after this. Plus, the maids would be preparing for the lunch so most of them would be busy at the kitchen at that time. Mom would not be back early if she goes out.

            “Okay. Thank you so much, YoonMi. I owe you a lot. Please keep this as a secret. If not, we both will be dead in my mom’s hand. You don’t want that, right?” I feel bad to use this kind of sentence but I have no choice. She immediately nods her head.

            “Is that… your fiancée?” She bravely asks me. I chuckle at that. My fiancée? Do I look like I am bringing my fiancée when I ask her to keep it as a secret from my mom?

            “No and that’s why this is a secret.” I reply her with wink before closing the door of my room. I think she is about to pass out if our chat continues. She starts to look pale when I answer her just now. Okay, that is another fun part of this morning but nothing is more fun that waking up to see DanBi’s face. Even it is not so pleasant to wake up with urgency but to see her face the first thing in the morning is such a bliss. What am I babbling right now? I sounds like a fool in love!

DanBi

            As soon as I enter my house, I quickly landed on the couch. My back is in pain because of my sleeping posture last night. Talking about last night, it makes me think why the heck I agreed to help him fall asleep while holding my hand? It makes me leaned forward and ended up sleeping like that. I told KyungSoo I wanted to kill him but too bad, South Korea has laws and he is famous too so I do not want to risk my life. It is enough for me to hit him till he cry out loud. Oh my, it is so satisfying to hit him like that. Serve him right! He is so cocky, threatening me and all that.

            I look down to see the shirt and trouser I am wearing right now. I sigh when I realise that I have to wash this clothes and return it to him later. Another work adds up because of Do KyungSoo. When he asked me to take a shower and said that he would lend me his clothes, I admit that I blushed because… how am I going to explain this? Should I say my heart stop pumping for a second? Really, I am surprised by his thought and gesture not only that morning but also last night.

            Am I taking this into something else? But there are enough evidence to say that KyungSoo was acting different since last night. First, he freaking ditched his fiancée, saying that he is going to bring me home. I mean, could you imagine how mad JiWoo will be? Second, he said he wanted to discuss something but in the end he landed on the bed. I am relieved that he did not do anything that night. Well, we were in his bedroom alone and there was a bed. Who knows what will happen, right? I am only thinking of my safety. But it turned out that he was actually trying to get some sleep and needed my help.

            Third, before he closed his eyes I swear he looked at me with a different look! It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter