TWENTY FOUR // HEARTBREAK

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            Thanks to me, two days later, KyungSoo recovers well from his fever. If anyone ever remember, he confessed to me two days ago. Are you curious of my reaction? Of course, I turned into stone after that. I never saw it coming to me. KyungSoo also never showed his interest towards me before this. Or it is me who never noticed anything. Anyway, he did stare at me after he confessed which I replied with an ‘okay’ because I did not know what to respond. He only chuckled and hugged me tightly after that until he drifted to sleep. Since that, we never talk about it anymore. I also try to act normally around him since he treats me as usual.

            Today, I do not know what we are going to do but KyungSoo is free from his acting and singing career. He brings me to a restaurant to have lunch together. Let me tell you, this restaurant is a high-class restaurant that I feel bad for wearing casually today. KyungSoo looks fine in his buttoned blue checkered shirt. At least he looks presentable unlike me who is wearing an oversized hoodie and a ripped denim jean, matched with a sneaker. After we are seated by a waitress, I ignore the menu in front of me, planning to skip my lunch as I do not have enough money to dine in. I let KyungSoo orders his food. We talk a bit about our next plan which he finally tells me which is going to shop for his Halloween costume. It was cancelled the other day because of his fever.

            The food he ordered is served by two waitresses and I am surprised when the waitress places a plate of pasta, which I assume a spaghetti aglio e olio, in front of me. I look over KyungSoo and he is having the same thing on his plate. A glass of red drink is placed next to me, followed by his. I am dumbfounded but it seems like KyungSoo is observing me in amusement as I see his smile. Right after the waitress leave us, KyungSoo reaches his cutlery as he is ready to eat.

            “Let’s eat!” He exclaims. I blink my eyes in puzzlement. Did he order two set of meal just now? And this food is for me? KyungSoo obviously notices my confusion so he nods his head towards the food.

            “Dig in, DanBi.” He tells me, but I shake my head. There is no way I am going to eat a food that I cannot afford. His eyebrows meet as his forehead scrunches at my refusal.

            “Why? You don’t like the food?” I shake my head again and lean towards the table so that I can explain to him quietly, do not want to embarrass myself in the restaurant.

            “I don’t have enough money to pay for this.” He let out a chuckle. His reaction towards my words make me frown in annoyance.

            “Just eat, DanBi. It’s my treat.” He says with a calm and reassuring tone. I frown even more.

            “For what?” I am suspicious of the reason he is treating me to a fancy restaurant. It is either he has something to ask from me or he is doing that to annoy me which I think will be too much. He let out a sigh and I see his hand lands on my hand on the table. The warmth from his hand is transmitted to mine, making me startled by the contact. My eyes are wavering as I look at his face.

            “Just eat, okay? Don’t think of me as your employer today. I know you’re hungry right now.” I sigh but I have nothing to retort. What he says is partially true because I am no longer hungry but starving. Slowly but surely, I reach for the cutlery and start to pick up the food. KyungSoo smiles at that as he let go of my hand and starts eating too. I look up from my plate when he places a few pieces of beef on my plate.

            “Here, eat a lot.” He says and continues eating his food. I swallow my food in bewilderment. That is nice of him, but I wonder the meaning behind it. We eat together for so many times, but this is the first time he is being attentive towards me while we are eating. Nevertheless, I do not make any complaint. I do not want to ruin the mood we are having especially when he is smiling alone like a fool. Hence, I focus on my meal again.

            “DanBi-ya…” He calls me this time, so I look up in no time. He looks at me before chuckling to himself. His left hand is reaching a tissue. He leans forward then he stretches his arm to wipe the corner of my mouth. My eyes widen at his bold move. I feel my heart leaps on its place and I could feel blood rushing to my face too, reddening it. I look down in embarrassment and reach for my own tissue to wipe my lips. There is probably oil stain at the corner of my mouth, but I wipe the whole lips anyway. KyungSoo is having a love-struck smile, if I portray it right, when I am wiping my lips. I feel like shrinking my body after noticing the fondness in his eyes as he is watching me.

            “I already told you this, but I love you. Do you trust me?” His question is out of blue but deep in my heart, I have an answer to that already. Two days of thinking, it makes me realize of my own feeling and desire. I told HaNa about this and I remember being called ‘stupid’ by her for being oblivious. I am too shy to answer him thus I nod my head quietly. So, we are finally talking about this, huh?

            “But I’m worried about JiWoo.” I voice out my concern. Two days of thinking did not make me forget that KyungSoo is someone’s fiancé. Not to forget, my cousin’s fiancé. It is wrong because it seems like he cheats in this loveless arrangement and I am the cause of it. His hand found mine again. This time, he is wrapping it in his and squeezes it to reassure me.

            “You don’t have to worry about that. I’ll handle it. For now, I need you to trust me and promise not to leave me, okay?” His gentle voice works like a nebulizer to me. I found myself nodding at his words because I trust him. I can see he is contented when I promised him that. His smile reaches his ear a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter