TWELVE // IDEA

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            A week has passed since I met that short guy from EXO and I have been thinking about his offer 24/7. It was really tempting when the first time I heard from him but I have to make some research and do some money planning if I leave this job and work as his personal assistant. I may not be comfortable with him and we will have the chance to quarrel all the time but the salary he offers me might makes me to ignore his annoying mouth. I am still not sure if I want to leave this job but looking at where my legs brought me, I think I have decided. I knock the door in front of me where a gold plague which is embedded with the word ‘manager’ is hung. I heard a faint answer from inside which allow me to turn the knob and enter the room. There he is, my manager, the jerk who is sitting after his big table, holding his iPad which I believe he uses it to play Candy Crush. I am not guessing nor accusing him because I really heard the voice from the game saying ‘sweet’.

            “Sir, I have something to discuss with you.” I tell him, ignoring the fact that he is playing Candy Crush and he is still focusing on that game. He is frowning which I thought it is maybe because of what I told him but I am not sure anymore since he is so into that game.

            “What is that? Have a sit first.” He says and then put down his iPad. Now, I have his attention. Well, maybe because he never thought that someone like me would have something to discuss with him. I take a sit on a chair in front of the table.

            “Actually, I got an offer to be a personal assistant.” I start off and he raises his eyebrows upon that as if it is something fascinating.

            “So?” Is this guy kidding me? He should have catch up with my intro!

            “So I think that it is a good offer. Plus, the salary is quite high.”

            “So?” Okay, DanBi. You can handle this. Do not lose your patient in front of this jerk. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly to control myself. The line after this is the main point of this whole discussion.

            “I want to quit, sir.” There, I deliver it quite calm I guess.

            “Quit? I’m sorry to disappoint you, DanBi but I can’t allow you to quit.” I am taken aback by his reply.

            “But why? As far as I know, I never sign any contract with this shop.”

            “That’s right but I don’t allow you to quit.”

            “But sir…” I try to reason him out but he hold up his palm as if he is stopping me from talking which I comply.

            “Our discussion ends here. You can go out now. I have work to do.” What?! I really want to explode right now so that he can just fire me because of my attitude but then I remember something important regarding this discussion if I am allowed to quit. I want my payment up to the day I am working right now or maybe we can discuss till when I have to work to receive the payment. At least the payment can cover me for this month. I look up to see my manager’s face but he is back to his iPad. Tsk, work to do huh? With a slumped shoulder, I stand up and walk out of the room. I have to figure out something to quit this job and at the same time, receive the payment for this month. Oh my, another thing to think of.

SuHo

            Ah! Today’s weather is good for exercising and I have no regret going out to play basketball with my members. It is weekday and not many people are there at Han River because most of the citizen of Seoul filled the road at this time. Office hour has ended though. After playing about three round with my members, I volunteered to buy them some drinks which they a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter