SEVENTEEN // ICE-CREAM

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            KyungSoo have a drama shooting today and since I am just his personal assistant for his work at his parents’ company, I am free for today. His manager will handle him for the day and I am happy because of that. I know it is not like I am with him all the time. His major work is being an idol and I am just assisting him whenever he needed me. But my work is kind of tough though. I have to entertain his true self which always call for a punch and also face his intimidating mother and annoying fiancée. I bet his manager cannot even stand the three of them. Well, this is Han DanBi we are talking about. I can do everything! Okay, that is exaggerating.

By the way, I am planning to just stay and leisure around at my house alone. HaNa already went for her job and in the evening she will have to go for her training. I never expect she got to join KyungSoo’s company as a trainee. I still remember the day she return home after the audition. She was whining non-stop, saying that they are just accepting her just because the president recommended her. But I think that is not the case. Perhaps, she has other potential which is rapping. I heard her practicing that day and I knew it. HaNa cannot dance. HaNa, me, her parents, the TV, the fridge, the bed, our house and the whole world knows that. However I am sure she can learn properly from her training session. Plus, she got support from Kai which also a member of EXO. To know that a member of a popular group being close to her is kind of fascinating and I think something is going on between the two of them but HaNa did not show anything that correspond with my assumption. Well, maybe it will takes time.

I am pulled off from my thought of HaNa when my phone rings. I look at the caller name and raise my eyebrows. Wow, this is the first time he calls me. Usually he will just text me, telling me his grandpa jokes. I shrug and immediately answer the call before it goes off.

            “DanBi!” His voice calls out for my name in a cheerful tone.

            “What’s up, dude?”

            “Hey, this is the first time I call you. You should have ask, how am I doing or have I eaten.”

            “It’s basically the same as what’s up.”

            “Urgh! Whatever. Are you free today?”

            “Yeah. Big boss got a schedule and I think you know that.” They are living the same house, of course they know who leave the house and who doesn’t. But if they do not know, I guess there is something wrong with their group.

            “Of course and that’s why I call you.”

            “So what’s the point of asking that?”

            “Let’s hang out.”

            “Where?”

            “As usual.”

            “Geez, you like that place so much and I don’t even understand that.”

            “You will be there though. I’ll wait. See you!” With that, he ends the call and I am just speechless. I have not said that I agree to meet up with him. Tsk, he is so full of himself, thinking that I will come to him in the end. I plan to ditch him, maybe it is just exciting to see him steamed up but after a few thoughts, I decide to hang with him. Furthermore, I have nothing to do today. Instead of being lazy at home, I guess it is a good idea to take a stroll and walk around. I get up to change and 15 minutes later, I found myself standing behind SuHo who is sitting on the bench, facing the Han River. There are not many people today and I presume that he choose this time for him to have time for himself. Life as an idol, I really do not understand the good of it in social aspect. While American idol can date whoever they want and change boyfriend or girlfriend like changing clothes, idol in this country have to live in secrecy. The thing they could expose is only the side that their company wanted them to show.

            I walk towards him and give him a scare from behind, making him jumps and turn around immediately. I laugh while he squints his eyes in annoyance. SuHo is a funny friend to me. Just like how he thinks of me, I think the same of him. Whatever he did will lead to a big laugh to me but at least I do not laugh like him. I start to suspect that he have a laughing syndrome which yet to be discovered by the scientist. Oh! You guys must have been wondering how I got so close with him, right? It is a long story but I will shorten it. After the day he helped me quitting the job, I texted him, saying thank you for the umpteenth time and from there, we started to text each other. We learned a lot about each other and has been each other’s ear and shoulder. I am glad that I have a new friend to share my interest and problem. It has been a long time since I made one.

            “You do that again, I’m going to throw you into the river.” SuHo said while fixing his hair which kind of fly off a bit when he jumps because of the surprise. I laugh at that especially when I imagine that he is going to throw me into the river.

            “Can you even do that?” I continue to laugh and he gives me a look, probably cannot argue over that.

            “Whatever. I want to ask you something first of all.” I stop laughing and with a lingering smile, I look at him, anticipating what he is going to say.

            “Next Saturday, there will be a party at my company and we have to bring a date.”

            “Okay. You have to bring a date. Of course you have to bring one. If you bring two then you are a playboy.” I reply but receive a smack on my shoulder. I hiss at SuHo as he starts to look annoyed with me. What is wrong with him today? He is being sensitive when I am just joking! Can’t he tell that I am joking?

            “Alright, alright. Gosh. I’m just joking, okay?”

            “But I’m being serious!”

            “Fine! Continue then.”

            “I want you to be my date. Can you?” My eyes widen when he proposes that idea. My head make a sharp turn to look at his face which full of seriousness.

            “You’re serious?”

            “I told you I’m serious. I already ask KyungSoo and he is okay with it. So can you be my date for that party?” I feel like face-palming when SuHo asks that once again. He is so advanced, I wonder whether he will ask his future wife to marry him like this. I mean, right after reassuring me about KyungSoo, he asks again whether I can be his date that instant. I cannot even argue.

            “Well, since you seem desperate, okay then.” My eyes widen for the second time on that day right after I give him my answer as he pulled me into a bone-crashing hug.

            “Thank you, DanBi! You’re my savior!” He says while hugging me. Alright, dude. I know you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter