EIGHT // BUS

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            It is Tuesday again and yes, it is my holiday today. Surprisingly, today also marks the ninth years my father left me alone in this world. Well, you can say that I am not that alone but the thing is, I feel lonely because none of the people around me can fill my heart. Do not get me wrong. I am glad I still have HaNa, my aunt, uncle and my cousin but I am someone who always keep things in my heart. I know I can talk to HaNa but she is very busy making life and she is not over the guy who left her years ago so I do not want to burden her. Plus, she is very lucky to have her boss because he listens to every story she told him. How about me? Han River is my crying shoulder. I always go there after my work hour and sit there for a very long time while thinking of my life. Sometimes I wonder, how it will be if my mother does not leave us, will my father live a long life if mother never leave us, will I get another job if both of them are still here for me and such. All of this thought pain me a lot but there is also a point where I gain my spirit to go on with my life.

            However, since it is my father’s death anniversary, my crying shoulder for today will be his grave. Every year I will do this, hoping that what I hope for will reach him and he will be able to guide me, his only daughter to fight this hard life. Deep in my heart, I always hope that I can see flowers on his grave which means that someone else visited him aside from me just like in the drama. Why? Because I hope that mother will come back to me, or at least to him but I think she really leave for good, not turning back. Sighing, I look at my watch and look around. I do not realize that it is already six in the evening and the sky is darkening. I have spent almost two hours here and it is time to go back. I do not ride my motorbike today because someone else need to use it at the restaurant today hence I come and go back by using bus. It takes almost 45 minutes to wait for the bus since I am waiting at the last stop and later I have to take another bus to go straight to my house.

            After hopping off from the first bus, it is already near eight and I am aware that the road will be busy at this time because many people just finish their shift and office hour. I am pretty cool when I see this because the bus that is heading to my house area will always have the least passenger at this time. Well, maybe because my housing area is not that famous and it is located at a packed area. I hop on the bus as soon as it stop right in front of me and scan my card while looking for a place to sit. I have no problem choosing seat but I like to sit at the seat beside the window, three row from the back. I notice that there is no one sitting beside the window at the right side so I walk carefully as the bus start to move and see someone familiar sitting at the back.

            “SuHo-ssi?” I call out his name and look around to see if anyone recognize the leader of a famous group here. Luckily there is no one noticing both of us at the back and I form a smile at him as soon as he turn his head to look at me. I sit at my chosen seat and turn around to face him from my seat.

            “DanBi-ssi? What are you doing here?” He asks me with a bright face and I do not know how to reply him. Erm, what am I doing here in this bus? Of course I am here to ride the bus and go home, right?

            “I am going to my house so that is why I am here?” I answer, unsure if my answer is relevant enough for his question. He finally realize the ridiculousness of his question and scratch his head while grinning at me.

            “Of course. Erm, can I sit beside you?” He asks shyly and I nod right away. He stands up carefully as the bus is still moving and lands his on the seat beside me.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter