Chapter 7: Why'd you come back ..

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

Vernon backed up giving you your space to breath again. You were glad that Joshua came because you didn't like how he was acting. His actions made you want to punch him right in the face, you couldn't believe he would do something like that. Anger bubbled inside of you. 
"What're you guys doing out here?" Joshua spoke up 
"Nothing, it's our business." Vernon replied firmly
"Emily said to find you guys. She didn't want to be at the club anymore, she said lets just go to her house." 
You felt relieved because you couldn't handle being here any longer. 
"Whatever" Vernon said walking off. 
You stood frozen for a second analyzing what just happened. Emotions were running through you, sad,angry,confused. "Why am I like this? " You asked yourself. 
"Are you okay?" Joshua asked snapping you out of your thoughts. 
"O-Oh, I'm fine" 
"He's like that, don't worry. It doesn't mean anything."
"Oh .." 
"I heard everything .. he said." Joshua said 
"Oh"
"Do you feel anything when you're with me ?" 
Hearing what Joshua said got your palms got sweaty, and your heart started beating a bit faster. 
"YAAAH! LET'S GO. EVERYONES WAITING ON YOU TWO!" S.Coups screamed down the alley.
"COMING!" Joshua screamed back. "Let's go" 
"Where were you guys?" Emily asked
"We were getting some fresh air. It was too stuffy in there." Joshua explained 
"Ah, Vernon. Where'd you go too?" Jeonghan asked
"Fresh air" Vernon said looking at Joshua 
There was a moment of silence until Woozi spoke up. 
"ALRIIGHHTT. Since the birthday girl wants go to her house to celebrate, we should probably obey her." 
"LEGGOO!" said Dino
"Can I go too?" Lilly asked
You were hoping that Emily would say no.
"Sure."  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You went in Joshua's car, Lilly went with Vernon, and the rest went into their own cars. You and Joshua didn't say anything inside the car, it was only pure silence. Luckily the car ride wasn't that long. 

*INSIDE EMILY'S HOUSE*

Everyone gathered around the living room and sat down. Emily explained that she just wanted to hangout with her friends. The club was a bit too noisy for her surprisingly. 

"What do you want to do?" Woozi asked. 
"How about we play a game?" Emily suggested
"Game?" said Seunkwang
Hoshi gave some game options. "Truth or dare, Human knot, hide and seek."
"Are we in elementary?" S.Coups interrupted . 
"You don't have to play." you said.
"She's right" Dino agreed 
"I'm only gonna play since it's Emily's birthday" S.Coups said. 
"Whatever" Emily said 
You guys had a moment of silence to think about the gaming options until Dino spoke up. 
"SPIN THE BOTTLE!"
"NOOOOO" Everyone said 
"Let's just play truth or dare." Emily said 
Dino became upset once everyone abandoned his idea. "Fine .."
You guys started to form a circle. You sat in between Joshua and Vernon. Vernon had Lilly on his right. Once you guys were ready DK was the first to go. 
"Okay. I'm first to go. I pickkkk... Jeonghan." 
Jeonghan was quite surprised by DK's decision. "What."
"Truth or Dare angel?" 
Jeonghan had a quick second to think and decided on truth. 
"Truth.. Let me see .. What kind of shampoo do you use." DK asked.
"What kind of question is that?" 
"Your hair is pretty nice so I'm just wondering." 
"You're so stupid" Jeonghan said. "I use the same shampoo as you do. We live in the same dorm" 
Everyone started laughing at Jeonghan's answer.You guys continued to go around the circle. Next was Emily. "Who shall be my victim ... Vernon!"
"Truth." he said without a moment to think. 
"Tell us about you and Lilly." 
"Oh .. We just met through my parents."
"So are you guys dating ..?" Emily asked. 
Everyone seemed interested in hearing the answer. You were probably the person who wanted to hear it the most.  Lilly noticed you staring at Vernon so you looked away.
"U-uh, n-" 
Lilly interrupted "WE ARE! We didn't know when it was the best time to tell you but this seems to be the best." 
Of course, you knew they were all along. Since the day you saw them holding hands together at the mall. Why wouldn't they? She's perfect, he's perfect. They're perfect. Your heart ached but you didn't say anything. You kept a blank face on. Instead you said, " Woah. I knew it! You guys looked great together!" You thought to yourself that you should be happy for them. Jealousy is never good. You shouldn't feel jealous. Vernon's happy so being jealous wasn't right. No one knew what to say next so Emily spoke up. 
"(Y/N), VERNON,JOSHUA AND LILLY COULD YOU GUYS DO A FAVOR FOR ME?"
"Yeah." you said. 
"Great! Could you guys go into the kitchen and make some snakes for us?" Emily asked. 

You guys got up and went into the kitchen. You could feel the thick air between everyone. Lilly would give you looks and turn to Vernon to hold his hands or hug him. You reminded yourself over and over again, "Jealousy isn't good. Jealousy is bad. Drama is bad" 

*EVERYONE IN THE LIVING ROOM* 

"OKAY SO THE REAL REASON WHY I TOLD THEM TO LEAVE WAS BECA-" Emily was cut off by S.Coups
"Because Lilly's a real b**ch and they're not really dating?"
"How'd you know that."
"I'm a man you know."
"Is it just me or does it seem like Joshua AND Vernon like (y/n)" Hoshi said
"Not just you." Wonwoo chimed in.
"I'm getting bad vibes from Lilly." said Jeonghan
"I think we all are." Dino said
"Ok well what I wanted to do was to get back at Lilly and Vernon."
Everyone didn't comprehend with what Emily was talking about.
"Huh."  Mingyu said.
"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys. So Joshua told me that they ran into Lilly and Vernon at the mall and that girl had the AU-DA-CITY to call (y/n) ugly." she explained.
"K THIS GIRL IS GOING DOWN" Dino said.
"Sooo what I want you to do is when they come back we gotta dare (y/n) to kiss Joshua."
"But doesn't Vernon like (y/n)?" asked DK
"Yeah, but if he really does he'll do something."
"But Joshua is a nice guy, I want them to end up together" Hoshi said.
"WELL WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS. ONLY (Y/N) CAN DECIDE FOR HERSELF. Let's just see what happens then continue okay? All we need to do is get rid of Lilly."
Everyone obeyed the birthday girl.
"Okay, so babe since you're up next I want you to dare Joshua to kiss (y/n)" Emily said to Woozi
Woozi nodded his head. "Got it babe"
"THEY'RE COMING BACK. OKAY . LET'S DO THIS GUYS"

*VERNON,LILLY,JOSHUA, AND YOU RETURN*

"We brought some fruit and water" said Lilly.
"Oh thanks. Just put it over there." Emily said half heartedly
"Let's continue the game, I'm next!" Woozi suggested.
You guys took your spots again and the game continued.
"Okayyyyy .. Hmmm . Who to pick. Ennie, Meenie, Miny mo . Joshua"
"Me?" Joshua said
"Yes you."
"Truth or dare" he asked
"Hmm .. truth."
"YAH! HOW BORING. CHOOSE DARE!" Emily scolded.
"But what if it's something weird " Joshua said.
"It's my birthday. Come onnnn . Pweasseee" she pouted.
Since it was her birthday he couldn't say no. "Fine . Dare"  
"Sounds good. I dare you ..." Woozi said
"You dare me .."
"To give (y/n) a kiss ."
"To give (y/n) a- WHAT." Joshua paused in the middle of his sentenced.
"It's a dare" Woozi insisted
You couldn't get yourself out of this one. You didn't know what to do. Your idiotic self froze once again. Joshua looked at you hoping to get a yes or no on whether he should do it. Vernons eyebrows furrowed staring at him. "Joshua is going to kiss me?" you thought to yourself. "Vernon is dating Lilly. This doesn't matter. I don't like Vernon anyways." you looked at him and gave a nod.
Everyone cheered. "WOAAAHHH GO (Y/N)"
Joshua gave you one last look and leaned in. You closed your eyes waiting for his lips to touch yours. You were pretty sure everyone in the room could hear your heart beating. Oddly a couple seconds pass by but you didn't feel anything.  
"I need to talk to you." Lilly said standing up dragging Joshua away.
"YAAH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING." Emily screamed.
"Stay out of this will you?" Lilly said intimidatingly while walking away.
"Oh. This crazy b**ch" Emily said.

*With Joshua and Lilly*

"What're you doing." Joshua asked
"Were you really going to kiss her?"
"Well what did it look like to you."
"What about us?!" Lilly said angrily.
"What about us? You left me years ago. You went to the states and never told me anything. You didn't even leave a note. I had to hear it from other people. Why'd you come back?"
Lilly's eyes softened
"I CAME BACK BECAUSE I LOVE YOU JOSHUA. I LOVE YOU."