Chapter 20: Doing adult things.

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

QUICK MESSAGE!: Hey guys, sorry for not uploading yesterday. But I hope this long chapter makes up for it. I will be filming my video soon and telling you guys a quick announcement so please comment questions for the question and answer part of the video.Comment as many questions as you'd like me to answer! Thank you so much. Saranghae! <3 <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You broke the kiss first. "Oh my goodness.. Did I just do that." you thought to yourself. The look on your face was unreadable your eyes were wide open from shock. Your throat was dry and words refused to come out of your mouth. 

"U-u-uh.." 

Vernon pulled you in for another kiss. 

*CLAP CLAP CLAP* 

You guys looked over to see who it was, and of course everyone was watching you.  
Dino ran up to you for a hug. "(Y/N)!!!" he screamed. 

"Hey, get off my girlfriend." Vernon said. 

"Girlfriend?" you say. 
"Well, I mean. Considering what just happened. You're my girlfriend now." he explained.

"No, I don't want to be your girlfriend." 

"EXACTLYY CAUSE SHE'S MINE." Dino said holding you still. 

S.Coups got in the middle and pried Dino off of you. 

"Jealous?" Hoshi said. 
"W-WHAT? JEALOUS?" S.Coups said annoyed. 

Mingyu was enjoying what was happening. "WOAHH HE'S JEALOUS. LOOK AT HIS FACE." he said pointing at S.Coups.

"Alright, alright guys. (y/n) didn't come back to hear this." said Joshua. "Let's go get something to eat." 

"Haha, it's fine. This is why I didn't want to leave, I'd miss you guys too much." you say. 

"MORE LIKE YOU'D MISS MEEE HUH?" said Vernon. 

"I suddenly want to leave now." you say. 

Vernon clenched his chest. "Wow. That hurts.." 

"Let it hurt." you say sticking your tongue out. 

"Let's get some ice cream as a celebration for (y/n) not leaving." Joshua says. 

"LESS GOOOO." Hoshi said jumping up and down. 
"You guys go ahead. I want to take my suitcase and everything back. There's a lot of stuff." you say. "I'll meet you guys there later." 

"Okay, hurry and come." said Emily. 

Vernon offered to take you back. "I'll take you." 
"It's okay, I'll meet you there." 

He crossed his arms. "NO. I have to be a gentleman and do it." 

"I'm already the gentleman in the group so find another role." Joshua said. 

"Whatever whatever, let's go buttface." you say walking off. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 
On the way to your house you guys didn't talk about anything specific. But Vernon asked you why you didn't leave. 

"Why'd you change your mind all of the sudden?" He asks. 
"No reason." 

"Was it my text message." 

"Psh, no." 

"Uh huh, that's why you came back and kissed me?" 

Your cheeks were beginning to burn up thinking about the kiss earlier.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT IT." 
"Why. embarrassed?" he asks. 

"Why should I be embarrassed?" you say acting confident. 

"Because it's something you'd never do." he answers.

"Hm.. Then should we just forget it ever happened?" you warned him. 

"NOOOOOO, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN." 

"THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT." 

"ALRIGHT I WON'T.. GEEZ.." Vernon says. 
A little bit later into the car ride Vernon wanted to hold your hand but he was a little bit too nervous too. He was slowly inching over but he would pull back as soon as you would look down and notice. 
"Are you trying to hold my hand." you ask all of the sudden.

He tried to lie but he's a horrible liar so it was written all over his face."Psh.. Whhhhaaaat?" 
You gave him a "are you kidding me look?" and he gave in. "Fine.. yes." he said. 

"Here." you say giving your hand to him.

"Well now I don't wanna hold it." he rejects.

"Why not." your eyebrows furrowed.
"I don't want you to make it easy for me. It has to be smooootheee. Like has to naturally happen." Vernon explained.

"With you nothing will ever be smooooothe nor natural." you .

"Okay okay, I see you. I'll prove you wrong." he says full of confidence. 

You guys continued to talk for the whole car ride home. After you guys got to your house, you went to put your suitcase and clothes away. 

"I've never noticed but your house is pretty big." Vernon said. 

"I guess so. Cause my grandparents live here but since they're away in Jeju it's just me." 
"When're they coming back?" he asks. 

"Hmmm.. I think in a week or so." 

"I see. You should introduce me to them when they get back." 

"What if they don't like you. I mean, I know I don't." you joked.

"Sometimes I'm not sure if you're joking, or if you're serious." he says.

"Well, figure that out for yourself." you say while putting your suitcase down. "Let's go, I'll just deal with the clothes later." you say heading for the door. 

"Ok, we should head to the ice cream shop. Everyone's probably waiting for us." Vernon said. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE ICE CREAM SHOP* 
"LOOK THEY'RE HERE!" Jun said. 

You guys entered the shop and every one greeted you guys. Since your group was so big, you guys took two tables and put them together so everyone would fit. 

"Did you guys order  yet?" you say sitting next to S.Coups. While Vernon sat to the right of you. 

"No we were waiting for you guys." Woozi answers. 

"Oh sorry. Let's order now." you suggest. 

After you guys ordered your stuff you chatted while waiting.
DK started the conversation. "Sooooo.." 

"Vernon and (y/n) should go on a date. Don't you agree?" said Emily. 

"Why, I know him well enough." you say. 

Vernon looked at you straight faced. "You've been on a date with Joshua, why can't you go with me?" he whines. 

Joshua suddenly looks up at you. You guys make eye contacts while everyone else stares at Vernon. 

"What.." Vernon says innocently. 

"WELLLLLLLL YOU GUYS SHOULD STILL GO ON ONE." Hoshi pointed out. 

"I don't want to be seen in public with her." Vernon says. 

"RUUUDE." Dino buts in. "THEN ME AND (Y/N) CAN GO ON ONE." 

"Dino would be better then you." Seunkwang teased. 

"She didn't want to be with me." Vernon pouts. 

It wasn't because you didn't want to go on one with him, but it's because you were too nervous too. What would you do? Wouldn't it be awkward? You thought to yourself. 

"How about you guys make a bet?" The8 suggested. 

"A bet?" you say. 

"A rock, paper, scissors game. If you lose go on a date with him, if you win he has to grant you a wish or something." Mingyu suggests.

"She at rock, paper,scissors." Vernon says. "She even admitted it." 

"I do." you admit. "Let's just go on a date." 

Emily started to clap her hands together. " YAYYY NOW LEAVE." she says going from a smiley face to a serious face. 

"Why? My ice cream hasn't even came yet." you said. 

"I'LL EAT IT FOR YOU." Dino says. 

"PLUSSS YOUR BOYFRIEND CAN BUY YOU ANOTHER ONEEEE." teased Hoshi. 

Jeonghan and Jun got up and shoved you guys out of your chairs.

"BYE!" Jeonghang said waving you guys towards the door. 

"I feel hated." Vernon said. 

You looked at him and said, "So do I." 

"Yup we hate you. Now shoo shoo." Jun said. 

You guys looked at them weirdly and just left the shop. 
"Wow. Our friends are something.." 

"Special?" you say.

"Veryyyy. Special." Vernon said. "So, where shall we go for our first date." 

"I don't know. We've gone to a lot of places that could've been first dates. The beach, Amusement park, Ice cream shops.." 

"How about we go to a water park?" Vernon suggested.

You didn't want to go to a water park because then you'd have to wear a bathing suit, and you didn't want to. "Uhh.." 

Everyone was watching you guys from the inside of the restaurant.

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEFT YET?" Emily shouted while peeking out the door. 

"We're deciding on where to go. I said a water park but.." 

Dino heard water park and go excited. "OOOOO CAN I GO? NOT BECAUSE (Y/N) WILL BE WEARING A BIKINI OR ANYTHING." 

"Calm your pants child." Emily said to Dino. 

"They are.." Dino says looking down.

"But the thing inside isn't sweetie." Emily jokes. "Just go to the water park. That seems fun." she tried persuading you. 

Vernon noticed the expression on your face. "Why you don't want too? Is it because you have to wear a bathing suit.." 
You were caught red handed. "No I do b-" Vernon stopped you mid sentence.

"Then let's go!" he said grabbing your hand and pulling you in the car. 

Everyone waved you guys off. "TAKE PICTURES FOR ME VERNON!" shouted Dino. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE ICE CREAM SHOP WITH EVERYONE ELSE* 

As Emily and Dino went back into the shop everyone was eating their food. 

"I hope they'll have fun." said Woozi. 

"Pretty sure they will." Emily said. "They need some time for themselves. They always hang out with each other when we're there, and since they're dating now they should at least go on a date just with EACH OTHER." 

"My girlfriends so smart." 

Joshua didn't say anything for the whole conversation and everyone noticed that he didn't look so good. 

"Joshua, are you okay?" DK asked. 
Joshua was on a different planet right now. He zoned out for a while."Huh? I'm fine." 
"Is it (y/n)?" The8 asked. 

"No of course not." he says. 

"It's okay to be upset." said Emily. 

"I know, but I shouldn't be right? I gave her to him because I know they'll be better together." he says forcing a smile. 

"Stop it." S.Coups said.

"What." Joshua said.

"Stop acting like you're fine. We know you're not. Just be upset, there's nothing wrong with that. You're human after all." S.Coups explained. 
"I guess I'm sort of upset." Joshua admitted. 

"And there's nothing wrong with that." Jeonghan said. 

Mingyu agreed with S.Coups, and Jeonghan. "See! It's good admitting your problems. You'll overcome them faster."

"Thanks guys. But it's nothing, I promise. I'll be over this before you know it." 

"Whatever you need to talk about you have 13 of us to call." Woozi said. 

"I know, you guys have me too." Joshua says. "I'm going to go first, I need to clean the house. I haven't done that in a while." he said getting up. "But I'll pay for today. Ice creams on me!" After paying the cashier he left. 
"Ahh.. I feel so bad." DK admitted. 

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Joshua was always the gentleman, and he always put others before him. 

"I do too." Jun said. 
"But he'll be fine right?" Wonwoo said. "Joshua has always been strong, he will get over this." 

"Of course. My hyung can do anything." said Dino. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 
After arriving at the waterpark you guys realized you forgot to bring swimsuits. You were secretly happy because then that means you guys wouldn't have to go. 

 

"Oops, forgot our bathing suits. Guess we can't go." you say walking back to the car.

Vernon held you back. "I've been here before and there's a shop that sells some. It's right there." he says pointing to your right. 

You saw the store. BATHING SUITS with giant neon coral letters. 

"Oh, yaayy..." you said non energetically. 

You guys walked over to the store. Vernon chose his swim trunk in less than 10 minutes while you were browsing for something that would cover you up. Out of the whole shop there wasn't even a one piece. The only things available were two pieces. 

"Are you done?" Vernon asked. 

You were still roaming the store for something else. "No not yet." 

He saw a bathing suit that caught his eye. "How about this?" he said giving it to you. 

The bathing suit wasn't even a bathing suit. It was literally just string. Everything would be exposed if you wore that. 
"HAHAH NO." you said putting it back down. 

"How about this?" he says handing you another one. 

The next bathing suit he gave you wasn't that bad. It had white bottoms with a strapless top that was also white. You decided to just take that one because if you didn't you'd probably waste another hour in the shop. 
Checking out you guys went to change in separate changing rooms of course. You went to the females, and he went into the males rooms. You guys both decided to meet each other at the big water slide. 
After changing you looked in the mirror and thought, "Oh god.. Why am I wearing this.." You were so insecure about your body. Looking at yourself you cringed from looking at the imperfections. Chubby thighs, chubby arms. You sat in the room after crying a bit inside. 

*RING RING* 

"Where are you?" Vernon asked.

You whipped your tears and tried to look alive again. "I-I'm coming out right now." you say hanging up the phone. 

Putting your stuff in the locker you took a deep breath and walked out. You took your hands and crossed it on your tummy to cover everything. You saw Vernon in his blue swim trunks, he wasn't wearing a shirt and you noticed his body. Everything was toned and perfect, "how is he with me?" you thought to yourself. 

Vernon's eye's bugged out seeing you. "Woahh. My girlfriend looks amazing."

You managed to put on a fake smile. "Thanks.." you say feeling awkward. 

"Where do you want to go first?" he asks.

"Uhm, anywhere." 
"How about we go sit by one of the pools for a bit. Just to get used to everything." Vernon suggests. 

You nod your head in agreement. "Let's go." 

While you guys were walking to the pool you noticed the girls. Their body was so perfect, exactly like models. The girls were all wearing skimpy two pieces, some had their practically hanging out. You wish your looked like that. While you were walking past a group of girl your noticed that they were staring at Vernon and snickering somethings. 

"Damn.. he's hot." one of the girls whispered to her friend. 

Her friends turned around and looked at Vernon while he wasn't noticing her. "Woah.. wouldn't mind being with him." her friend responded. 

Hearing that made you feel super upset. Your confidence was already down the toilet and now it just plummeted even lower. You couldn't help but use your hands to cover your body even more. 

Vernon notices your hand over your stomach."Are you okay? Does your stomach hurt?" 

"No, I'm fine." 
"Then why're you covering your stomach?" 

"Oh, just kinda cold." you lied. 

"Let's go sit over there near the pool. It's sunny there, you should warm up soon." said Vernon. 

As you guys were both sitting down near the pool some girls walked past and said hi to Vernon. He waved back and that was pretty much it. You sat putting your feet in the water quietly. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Vernon asks for assurance. 

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you keep asking that?" you say getting agitated. 

"Well you've been having your hands over your stomach lately and you haven't said a word." 

"I'm okay alright? Don't worry." you said while refusing to make eye contact with him. 

Just at the same time a girl comes up and asks Vernon to go on the water slide with him. She was tall and had super long legs, her hair was up in a messy bun and she had on mint two piece with lace t. 

"Please. They said I need two people to go with me but I don't have anyone else here." the girl asked. 
"Uhm I'm sorry but I'm here with someone." he says. 
"I'm sure you friend won't mind right?" the girl says looking at you. 

"She's not really my friend, she's my girlf-"

"Pleaseee, just this once. I'll be forever grateful." she says putting her hands together and begging. 

Vernon looks at you for an answer. "Go, it's okay. I'll wait here." 

"YAY. LET'S GO. THE LINES GETTING LONGER." the girl said pulling Vernon up. 

You sighed.. "Of course a super pretty girl like her would as a guy like him. This makes perfect sense, why would people even think that you two were together." you thought to yourself. 

*RING RING* 

You looked at the caller ID and it was Emily. 

"Hello?" you answer. 

"Soooo, how's the water park going?" she asked. 
"I wanna leave." you say. 

"Where's Vernon?" she asks. 

"With some girl going down a water slide." you explain. 
"WHAT THE . WHY ISN'T HE WITH YOU?!" she said alarmed. 
"Girl needed a second person to go down the couple water slide or whatever but she's here alone." 

"Bullsh*t." Emily says. "Couldn't she tell that you're dating." 
You sighed. "I guess not." 

"Why didn't you do anything to stop him?" she asks. 
"I don't know, Emily I want to go home. Everyone looks so perfect, then there's me." 

"BE CONFIDENT! YOU'RE PERFECT OKAY. YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THOSE OTHER GIRLS SO DON'T THINK YOU'RE LESS THAN ANY OF THEM." 
"But all of them are checking Vernon out and stuff, I can't help it.." you admit. 
"WELL HELP IT. REMEMBER HE'S HERE WITH YOU OKAY? NO ONE ELSE." 

"But he's with another girl.." you say. 

"GET HIM BACK GIRL. Should I send Dino to your rescue." 

You could hear Dino scream something in the back ground. "I'M COMINGGGGG WAIT FOR ME IN THAT BIKINI." 

"It's fine. I can handle it." you say. 
"Alright, remember not to feel ashamed of your body. You're perfect okay?" 

"Thanks Emily." 

"No problem. NOW GO HAVE FUN! BYEEE!" she said hanging up the phone. 
As soon as you guys hang up the phone a guy came up to ask you a question. 

"Excuse me miss?"

"Yes?" 
"Have you seen a girl with a mint swimsuit and a messy bun?" he just described the girl that was with Vernon. 

"Oh yeah, she was here just a few minutes ago." 
"Where is she?" 

"She went to the couple's water slide." you tell him. 

"Oh really? That odd.." he said with a confused look on his face. 

"Why? Is she someone close to you." you ask.

"She's my girlfriend, I saw her earlier but then she just disappeared from my sight." he explains.
"Ahh.. I see. Well she's with my boyfriend.." you say awkwardly. 

"Oh .. I'm sorry." 

"No it's not your fault. I'm sure they'll come back soon." 
"Is it okay if I wait here?" 

"That's fine." 

He sits down next to you by the pool. Just as he sits down Vernon and the girl came back drenched in water. 

Her boyfriend stands up once he see's her. "Annie, where'd you go?" 

"Ben. Oh I went on the water slide with Vernon. You were busy so I decided to go with him." 

Your face darkened. "Oh.. so they introduced themselves to each other.." you thought to yourself. 

"I didn't go anywhere. What're you talking about? I was literally next to you the whole time, you're the one who ditched me." he defended. 
"Whatever, I needed someone because it was a couple slide but luckily I ran into Vernon here." Annie said grabbing his arm.

"Well did you know that this is his girlfriend?" Ben said pointing towards you. 
Annie doesn't let go of Vernon's arm but grips onto it even harder. Vernon was shocked by her actions. "So? She let me go with him. Right? So doesn't that mean you're fine with it?" she said looking at you. 
You responded saying, "No actually I'm not fine with it. He's my boyfriend so it'd be nice if you let go of his arm before I pry you off of him myself." 

You instantly regretted what you said. "WHAT THE (Y/N) WHY'D YOU SAY IT. " you thought to yourself. You turned the other direction and ran away. 

"Sorry, but my girlfriend is important right now, and I don't think I would want to be seen with someone like you.." Vernon said loosening her grip. "Please watch out for your girlfriend." he said to Ben. 

Vernon ran after to you. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" 

You stopped and turned around. 
"DON'T TALK ABOUT IT." 

"How can I not." he says. 
"Just don't..I feel so angry right now. Like I don't even wanna look at you." you admit. 

"I think you're jealous." he says.

You knew you were but you just didn't want to say anything. "I really am, all of the girls here are practically swooning over you while you're here with me.. It's kind of hard to have a ridiculously hot boyfriend when you're not the prettiest." you tell him.

"Don't say that. You're the prettiest girl here. I was actually upset when I saw you with Ben, I thought you'd leave me for him." 

"Of course not. He was just looking for Annie." 

"I know. Don't feel un confident when you're with me. You're just as amazing as the girls here. If not, even better. Your body is perfect okay? So stop covering it." he says taking your hands away from your stomach. "Please.." 
You nod your head with a smile. "Mhm." 

"Alright, let's go have some fun now. JUST US." he says. 
"Lets go." 

You guys were walking to the biggest water slide at the amusement park, while walking you guys passed a group of guys and over heard their conversation. 

"DUDE DUDE. That girl in the white bikini is so fine.." the guy whispered to his friend. 
"Tskk damnn.. I'd treat her real welllllll." 

Vernon overheard the conversation and said, "HEY BABE LET'S GO HOME. I'LL COOK SOME DINNER TONIGHT JUST FOR YOU." he said extra loud and grabbed your hand, while leaning in for a quick kiss.
"You heard it too?" you said smiling. 
"YOU'RE MINE!" Vernon said pulling your body closer next to his. 

As you guys were finishing your date at the waterpark you got a phone call from Jeonghan. 

"Jeonghan what is it?" 

"(Y/N) YOU'RE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" he screamed.

"What?" 

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. HURRY BACK!" 

You told Vernon what Jeonghan just said to you. You guys left the waterpark and went home as fast as you could.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT YOUR STREET* 

As you pulled up on your street you saw firefighters and policemen crowding around your house. 
"WHAT HAPPENED?" you said running to everyone.
"The police said that the house next door was having a barbecue and they left their grill unattended and their dog knocked it over. Your fence caught on fire and then your whole house was toast when we got here." 

Looking at the burned down building you didn't know what to say, your grandparents house was gone.. How were you going to tell them? 

"(y/n) the police want to talk to you." Jun said. 

"Your house will be fixed as soon as possible, probably in the duration of one to two months. We're sorry about all the inconvenience. We will pay for everything, you will not us owe a penny." the police explains. "Do you have somewhere you can stay for the time being? Or would you like a hotel room?" 

"SHE CAN STAY WITH SOMEONE WE KNOW." Emily said. 

"Yeah.." you say depressed.

"Alright, once again I am sorry for everything." the policemen finished his sentence and walked away. 

"You can stay with me (y/n)." said Joshua "Or with Vernon I mean." 

Everyone gave him a look.

"Yeah, stay with me okay? My house is big but I'm the only one there." 

"Mhm.." you weren't worried about yourself but how your grandparents would take it. "I'm going to go call my grandparents. I'll be right back." you say leaving the group. 

 

The call with your grandparents went pretty well. The said that accidents happen all the time but they're glad that you were out of the house when that happened. They decided to stay in Jeju longer because they had close friends that would let them stay there for the time being.  
 

After making your phone call you went back to the group. 

"Are your grandparents okay with everything?" Joshua asked. 

"Yeah they're fine." 

"Ok, let's go to my house and get you settled. I think you've had a long day." Vernon said. 

"Yeah." you respond. "Bye guys." 

Everyone waved you guys off as you left. 

"COULD'VE JUST STAYED WITH MEEEE." Dino said. 

Wonwoo gave him a crazy look. "I think being with you is unsafe.." he joked. 

"I agree with that." Woozi said.
"That freaky boy and his spoons." teased Mingyu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT VERNON'S HOUSE* 
 

It was your first time at Vernon's house. His whole house super spacious and had a grey,white and black theme to it. 

"I'll cook dinner, you can go change into one of my t-shirts. Go up the stairs and you'll see a bedroom and it's mine. Just look around in the closet to find something." Vernon explained while directing to. 

You went into his bedroom and it was surprisingly neat. You thought he was a slob but he wasn't messy at all. Looking through his closet you found an oversized button up and just wore it. 
 

*BACK DOWN STAIRS* 

 

Vernon was busy cutting vegetables so he didn't turn around. "You're done already?" he says looking at you. 

"Yeah, you respond.

"You're a dangerous woman you know.." 
"Huh? Says the one holding a knife?" 

"You're wearing a shirt and it's quite short, that's VERRRRY dangerous. Especially if there's a man in the house." 

You laughed at his expression. "Well learn to control yourself alright?" you said while walking up to him and giving him a back hug. 

"Do you know how difficult it is for me to control myself right now." 

You rested your head on his back and tightened your grip around him. 

"Is there something wrong?" he asks. 

"No,nothing at all. I'm just glad to have you." 

He turns around and kissed your forehead. "And I'm the luckiest guy to have you." 
 

After he finished cooking you guys ate your dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. You head upstairs to his bedroom. 

"I'm going to shower real quick. I still smell like pool water." 

"Okay hurry." you say.

As he was showering you wandered around his room looking at all of his pictures and awards from school. After a couple of minutes he came out. 

You look and saw that he was only in his towel. "YAH PUT SOME PANTS ON!" you scream shielding your eyes. 
"What? I have a towel on." Vernon says while drying his hair. 

"But, just put some pants on." 

"What if I don't want to.." Vernon said getting closer to you. 

He started closing the distance, soon you couldn't back up anymore and fell on the bed.

"Vernon.. What're you doing..." you ask him nervously.
"Are you scared right now?" he says crawling on top of you. 
"Sto- stop it."

"It's normal.. Men and women do this all the time.."