Chapter 19: Last Kiss

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

"YAH. ARE YOU CRAZY? SHE BELONGS HERE. WHY WOULD SHE GO THERE? I'M NOT THERE." Vernon shouted. 

Joshua threw his ice cream on the ground. "NEITHER AM I. You can't just leave all of us!" 
"Why? What is in the states for me? Why should I leave." you ask. 
"Well I just thought you should come back. I miss you." Daniel explains. 
"Don't you think we'll miss her too?" Vernon asks annoyed.

"I miss you too Daniel, but Korea is my home right now. I'm not sure that I'll be able to leave just like that." 

"Ah, I see." Daniel says putting his head down. "I guess I'll go now. I'll talk to you later." 

"Oh. Already?" you ask.

Daniel stands up and was about to leave but he turned around to say something. "Will you at least think about it?" he asks. 

Vernon and Joshua look at you longing for, "No" to be the answer. 

"Sure.." you say. 
"Alright, bye." Daniel says waving. 
"(y/n) you won't be leaving right?" Joshua asks. 

You didn't say anything.. 

"(y/n)." Vernon says. "Don't leave us." 

"I'm going home. I'll see you guys tomorrow." suddenly you actually considered going back to the U.S

"Wait, I'll take you home." 

"No,No. I can take care of everything myself." you say getting up. 

Joshua grabbed onto your arm. "Come on (y/n). It's late so let's go." 

You take your hand and loosened his grip. "I kind of just want some alone time to think." 
"But-" 

"Joshua, let her go."

While walking home you thought of Daniel's offer to you. If you went back to the states what would be there for you? The only thing you thought of was your parents, your parents that didn't even love you. But at the same time you wanted to go and visit them again, just to see how they're doing. And to see how everyone else is doing. If you were to leave you would miss everyone, and you were sure that they would miss you too. But you really wanted to go back, you could always come back to Korea you thought to yourself. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Daniel came to your house early so he could talk to you. JUST YOU. 

"Why're you here so early?" you say opening the door. 

He takes his hands out from the back and hands you a bouquet of baby's breath. 

"What's this for?" you ask taking it from him. 

"I don't know. I just saw some pretty flowers and I wanted to buy it for you." he says. 

"Oh, thanks." you say welcoming him in. "Is there something you wanted to talk about?" 

"About last night. I'm sorry I asked you that all of the sudden." 

"Oh that. It's fine, I've been thinking about your offer." 

"And you want to go?" 

"Actually, no. I'm going to stay here. With all of my friends, but I promise I will go and visit you." you explain. 

"Why don't you want to go?" he asks.

"There are a lot of important people here to me, and I don't think I could leave them." 

"Ah. I see.." Daniel says disappointedly. "I'm so heart broken." 

You were confused by what he meant. "I'm sorry I can't go with you." 

"I just got rejected. I really like you, I was hoping we could go back together.."

"Daniel, what do you mean."

"Isn't it obvious it that I like you?" 

"I always saw us as friends. Nothing more than that." you say shamelessly. 

"Ouch, that hurt." 

Wow, nice job you thought to yourself. "Huh?, Oh- no I didn't mean-"

"I know, I know. It's fine, you don't need to explain." 

You sat quietly not knowing what to say.

"Well, I guess I'll get going. I'm supposed to be meeting one of my friends." he says getting up. 

"Oh.. I'll see you later then." you say opening the door for him. 

He waves you a goodbye and leaves."AIGOO. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID." you say banging your head on the door. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON AND EVERYONE ELSE* 

 

Vernon and Joshua couldn't help but snitch to everyone else that you were considering going back to the U.S.

 

"(Y/N)'S LEAVING?" Dino shouts. 

"Yup.." Joshua said upset. 

"We don't know yet for sure." Vernon explains.

"Obviously she's going back with Daniel. Didn't you see him the other day at the amusement park?" Joshua said annoyed. "Common sense Vernon." 
"You need some of that." Vernon barked back at Joshua. "I'm sure she wouldn't just leave us like that. She has to consider us too..." 
Everyone seemed down with the news. No one was laughing or bubbly like they usually were. Instead no one said anything to each other and waited to hear something from you. 

"Hyung, what happen if she actually leaves.." Dino said to Joshua. 

"Then we just have to let her go.." said Joshua. 

Emily finally spoke up. "If it makes her happy why shouldn't she? Plus wouldn't she be able to come back and visit us?" 

"Why do you sound so calm about this." Woozi asks. 

"Because, if we're really her friends, then we'd want her to go if she wants too." Emily explains. 
"DAMN, I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING THAT DEEP FROM YOU." said Hoshi.

"Girl, I can get deep." she says. 

"I'm gonna miss her if she goes.." admits Jeonghan.

"We all will." said S.Coups. 

"OMMO, DID S.COUPS JUST SAY THAT." Mingyu yells. "FIRST EMILY GETS ALL DEEP NOW S.COUPS IS BEING WEIRD." 

"Everyone is just in an awkward moment right now." Wonwoo said. "Wouldn't you miss her if she left?" 

"Of course I would, but S.Coups and (y/n) don't get along so it's kinda weird." Mingyu answers. 

S.Coups makes a "Dude really?" face at Mingyu. "Of course people don't get along with each other but it doesn't mean they don't care." he explains. 

"It sounds like you're saying you had a one sided love hyung." said Dino. 

S.Coups didn't say anything. 

Seunkgwangs eye's got wide. "YAHHHHH. HE'S NOT SAYING ANYTHING." 

"WAS IT A REALLY ONE SIDE LOVE?" DK asked. 

"Maybe.. But I mean. I'm not the type of guy for her." S.coups says. 

"Get in line buddy." says Joshua. 

"Yup behind me." Vernon says. 

"Pretty sure that guy Daniel has beaten all you guys already." says Woozi. 

" YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS HE'S TALLER THAN YOU!" said S.Coups.

"Aish.. jerk." Woozi pouted. 

"It's okay baby." Emily says comforting Woozi. 

"Why'd that Daniel guy have to bring that up .. " Joshua says. 

"Who knows.. probably because he likes her." Vernon says. 

"I thought it would be me."
"AIGOOO. You've been married already." 
"SO? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT." 

"FIRST OF ALLL.. She's was a crazy b*tch." said Dino holding up a finger. 

"Says the guys wanted to kill someone with a spoon." Joshua defended. 

"SECOND OF ALLL... It's her choice idiots." Emily said. 

"Her choice will be me." Vernon and Joshua said simultaneously. 

"Aishh.. not this three way love game again." DK said.

"You guys can figure this out yourself." Woozi said while getting up. "Come on babe. Let's go get some food. I'm hungry." 

"Well that our cue to leave." DK said. 

"Why're you all leaving." Joshua asks. 

Seungkwang looked at Joshua and Vernon. "So you guys can figure you love triangle out." said while leaving.

"Hey, you guys." Vernon shouted but everyone had already left to the kitchen. 
"I guess it's just us." Joshua says. 
"Let's settle this." Vernon responds. 

"I agree. Rock paper scissors." 

"Dude." Vernon said with a serious face. 

"Alright, alright. How." 

"I don't know, who do you think is more compatible with her." asks Vernon.

"If you're going to ask me that I'm just going to say me." explain Joshua. 
"Let's call everyone."  Vernon suggested. "GUYYYYYYSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

Everyone rushed upstairs. 

"WHO DIED." Hoshi shouted opening the door. 

"Uh.. No one?" Vernon said confused. 

"Then why'd you scream?" Seunkgwang asked. 

"Who do you would be better for (y/n)." Joshua asked. 

"DINO." Jun said. 

"Dino." said Woozi. 

"DINO."said Jeonghan. 

"DINO!." said Dino. 

"Oh my goodness. That boy can barely calm himself." Emily says. 

"Hey, me and whatever's inside my pants is calm okay?" Dino says. 

"In all seriousness I think Joshua would be a better boyfriend." said Woozi.

"So do I." said Jun. 

Joshua was cheering for himself. "JOSHUA 1 VERNON NONEEE." 
Vernon had an annoyed look on his face. "Fine fine." he said crossing his hands. 

"Although Joshua would be a good boyfriend, Vernon and (y/n) would be a better match." said S.Coups.

"OHHHH LESSS GOOO." Vernon said high fiving S.Coups.

"I vote on Vernon too." said Seungkwang. 

"Bring it in." Vernon grabbed Seunkwang into a hug. 

"Guys really? It won't matter. (y/n) has to pick for herself." Emily said.

"She has a point.." said The8. 

"STILL VOTING FOR DINO!"said Dino. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH YOU* 

The whole entire day you spent it at home. Cleaning up and tidying the house, it felt good to have time just for yourself. But it was odd that no one really called you. The only thing that didn't leave your mind was Daniel's offer. Although you already refused you felt something odd inside. "Tsk, should I have gone?" you say while washing the dishes. "No, (y/n) you made the right decision" you said to yourself. Being the clumsy idiot you were. You dropped the plate and cut your hand. "Great.." you said getting the first aid kit. 

*KNOCK KNOCK* 
"Who is it at this time." you thought to yourself. 

"Hello!" Vernon said. 
"What is it now." you say agitated. 

Vernon looked down and saw your bloody hand. "YAH WHAT'D YOU DO."  he said grabbing the first aid kit from you. 

"It's fine, I can take care of it." you say. 

"Stop arguing and get your bloody over here." Vernon said pointing to the couch. 
You walked over and sat down while he was doing first aid on you. He cleaned your hand and put some ointment on so you wouldn't have a scar later. Your hand flinched from the medicine because it stinged on your cut. 

"Does it hurt?" he asks. 

You nod your head. 

Vernon leans down towards your hand and blows on it. 

"It's okay, you don't have to do that." you say pulling your hand away. 

He tightens his grip on your wrist. "TSK TSK. Stop moving." he continues to blow. 

After wrapping the bandage on it he let's you out of his watch. 

"Only an idiot like you will have the ability to do this to themselves." Vernon says. 

You make a disgusted face at him. "Aigoo, when I start to warm up to you, you act annoying." 

Vernon grabbed the bouquet of baby's breath that Daniel gave to you earlier. "Did you buy flowers?" he asks. 

"Oh those? Daniel gave them to me earlier." you say casually while checking your bandages. 
"Do you just accept anything that guys give you?" 

"What's that supposed to mean." 

 "What's thaaattt supposed to mean." he said mimicking you. "You know what I'm talking about." 

"He's a friend, why can't I accept it?"  you say annoyed. 

"SUREEE A "FRIENDDD"" 

"You're incredible you know that?" you say walking out the door. 
He follows you out of the house and onto the streets. "I KNOW I AM THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!" 

"GOD, WHY'RE YOU SO ANNOYING? ALWAYS IN MY BUSINESS. IT'S LIKE YOU ENJOY MESSING WITH ME." 

"THE ONLY REASON WHY I MESS WITH YOU IS CAUSE I LIKE YOU OBVIOUSLYYYYYY PLUS SEEMS LIKE YOU ENJOY MESSING WITH DANIEL!" Vernon screams back. "WHY NOT JUST LEAVE WITH HIM." 

You were taken back by Vernon's quick confession (again) but you didn't let it waiver your. "FINE I WILL. I TOLD HIM I WASN'T GOING TO GO BUT NOW, I THINK I MIGHT!" 

"DO WHAT YOU WANT, DON'T COME BACK TO SEE ME!" 

"DON'T YOU WORRY." you say with tears at the rim of your eyes. 

After you slammed the door you could hear Vernon screaming outside. 

"IDIOT. *PUNCH* IDIOT *PUNCH* OMMMAAA." Vernon said hitting himself. 

Out of anger you called Daniel right away.

"(y/n)?" 

"Let's go together. Back to the states. As soon as possible." you say.

"Really? How about tomorrow." Daniel says excitedly. 

"Perfect. I'll pack my stuff and get everything ready. I'll meet you at the airport."

"I'll be there waiting for you." he replies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON* 
 

"WHAT A .." Joshua said grabbing his collar. 

Jeonghan ran in between them to break up the fit. 

Joshua pushed him away."JEONGHAN STAY OUT OF THIS." 

"JOSHUA STOP." Woozi tried to persuade him.

"Babe wait a second." Emily said grabbing Woozi. 

"WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT." Joshua punched Vernon in the face. 

S.Coups was about to get in the fight but Emily stopped him too.

"Let them handle it." she says. 

Vernon looked lifeless, even he wished he could beat himself up.

"DO YOU NOT HAVE A BRAIN." Joshua said punching him again. "YOU HAVE TO WATCH YOUR TEMPER." he punched Vernon again. By the fourth punch Vernon had a bloody nose and bruised cheek. "AIIIISH!" he said shoving Vernon on the ground. 

"I don't blame you.." Vernon said. "I'd beat myself up too if I could." 
"DON'T WORRY I'LL DO IT FOR YOU." Dino said running towards Vernon. 
"ALRIGHTTTTTT HOLD THE MAKNAE BACK." ordered Emily. 

"I'm sorry guys.." Vernon said lifelessly on the floor. "I don't know what got in me.." he admitted. "She even said that she decided not to go.. but then I ED UP EVERYTHING AND SHE'S LEAVING." 

Seungkwang came over to comfort Vernon. "If she leaves, she'll come back.." he said. 

Joshua saw what a mess he's made and came over to Vernon. "Sorry.." he said offering him a hand. 

Vernon grabbed it and stood up. "It's fine, I can understand." he says. 

"I'll grab the first aid kit." said Mingyu. 

"I'll get the ice back." Wonwoo said. 

"You didn't mess up that bad." The8 gave another thought and fixed his sentence. "Actually you did. But think of like this, she leaves, comes back, and then you guys can have a clean start." 

"Yeah, things happen for a reason." DK said. 

Vernon was still upset and didn't say anything, while Mingyu was cleaning up Vernon's face. 

"Ommo, Joshua your knuckles are bleeding." Seungkwang pointed out. 

"I got it." Jeonghan said wrapping bandages around his fists. 

"Who knew Joshua had that in him." Woozi said. 

"Sorry Vernon." Joshua says looking at his poor face. 

"I can't feel my left cheek and I think my nose might be broken." Vernon says. 

"You guys got your anger out though right?" said Jun.

Vernon pointed to Joshua, "He did."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NEXT DAY* 
 

The next morning you woke up extra early to pack your suitcase. Not sure what to bring you packed pretty much everything. While looking through your drawers you found yours and Joshua's couple bracelets from a while back. Looking at it made you get a bit emotional. Joshua and the memories that the bracelet carries is something that you'd never forgot. Although you and Joshua had something going on, someone that you wouldn't forget your memories with was Vernon. 
 

*RING RING* 

 You looked at your caller ID and it was Emily. 

 

"Emily?" 

"So you're really leaving now?" 

"You heard." you ask. 

"You know Vernon." she explains.

"Ah, I see. Are you mad?" 

"Of course not. If you want to go, I'm not going to be the one to stop you. If you're happy about it then go." 

"Thanks, I'll come back soon." you say.

"You better." she says. "Look the guys wanted to give you guys a message before you leave to the airport." 

Emily passed the phone to Seungkwang.

"I'll miss you (y/n)! Come back with a lot of food for me."

Seunkgwang passed it to DK.

"(y/n) come back with a lot of cool stories." 
DK passed it to Jun.

"Have a safe trip!"

Jun passed it to Jeonghan. 

"Becareful and remember to use your taekwondo on the erts." 

Jeonghan passed it to Wonwoo.
"Remember to watch your health." 

You start to tear up halfway through the phone call.

Wonwoo passed it to Mingyu.

"Stay pretty!" 

You laughed at his messaged. 

Mingyu passed it to Hoshi.

"SARANGHAEEEEE!" 

"YAH! I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT." Dino said while ripping the phone away from Hoshi. 

"SARANGHAEEEE IF ANYONE ASKS IF YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND SAY THAT YOU DO OK? TELL THEM THAT HE'S SUPER COOL, HANDSOME, TALL AND FUNNY. PLUS Y. *MUAAHHHH* " he says blowing a kill through the phone. 

"I need to disinfect my phone now." Emily says depressed. 

Dino passed the phone to Woozi. 

"Remember to buy me some supplements, I need to grow taller. Plus have a nice trip." 

"I will." you say chuckling.

Woozi passed the phone to The8

"Buy my a lot of candy! SARANGHAE!" 

The8 passed the phone to Joshua.

"(y/n) don't forget me." 

"OMMO HOW CHEESSSY." everyone said while cringing.

"I won't." you ensure him.

Joshua passed the phone to Vernon.

"I'll be waiting for you." 

Everyone cringed even worse. "OMMMAA, APPPAAA, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE." Dino says. 

Vernon passed the phone to S.Coups.

"Bye. Be safe." he said with a boring tone.

"Aigoo.. How boring." you say. 

"HE'S HURT CAUSE HE WAS IN A ONE SIDED LOVE WITH YOU!" Mingyu shouted. 

S.Coups took his hands and shoves Mingyu face to the floor. 

"OKOKOKOKOK SORRY." Mingyu says pleading for his life. 

You were crying because you would miss seeing everyone so much. 

"Is (y/n) crying?" Wonwoo asks.

"Come to the airport, I want to hug everyone before I leave." you requested. 

"WE WILL!" Dino shouted. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE AIRPORT* 

After packing and giving your house one last look you took a taxi to the airport. When you got their Daniel was waiting with everyone else. 

You guys said your tearful goodbyes, hugs were constantly being given everywhere. The last person you hugged was Vernon and Joshua. 
 

"I think I'll miss you two most." you say with a sigh. 

"We'll miss you just as much." Joshua says. 

You gave Vernon one last look without saying anything. It was as if you guys were speaking through looking in each others eyes. Daniel called you back into reality.

"Alright, our flight is about to take off so we should start going." he says. 

"Oh yeah. Let's go." you say pulling your suitcase. "Bye everyone." you say trying to plaster on a smile. 

You finally let go and started walking towards the elevators.

"WAIT (Y/N)!" Dino called your name all of the sudden.

"What is it?" you say turning around. 

He ran up to you and handed you a spoon. "I forgot to give you this." he says.

You took the spoon and laughed. Leaning in you gave him a goodbye kiss. 

Dino's eyes lightened up and flickered with twinkling lights. "OHHH HAPPPY HAPPPY DAY!" he danced running back to the group. 

S.Coups was looking a bit serious.

"ARE YOU JELLLLLYYYYY YOU DIDN'T GET ONE." Dino teased S.Coups. 

When you and Daniel got in the elevator someone sent you a text message. It was Vernon. 

The message said. "I love you. I'll be waiting.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH EVERYONE ELSE*

 

"I can't believe she's gone." Emily said standing in awe.

"Neither can I .." Vernon said.

"I TOLD YOU TO DO IT!" Joshua screamed at Vernon.

Everyone was confused, "Do what?" Jun asked.

"GO AFTER HER!" Joshua screamed at Vernon. "WHY'RE YOU STANDING HERE. SHE'LL BE ON THE PLANE BY THE TIME YOU START WALKING." 

"Vernon go.." Woozi said.

"I can't. It's too late." Vernon says.
"AT LEAST TRY. JUST GIVE IT A SHOT. COME ON VERNON." Mingyu tried to persuade Vernon.

"BUT I CAN'-" 

Joshua cut Vernon off.
"I GAVE HER TO YOU SO YOU COULD FIGHT FOR HER AND LOVE HER. NOT LET HER GO!" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FLASH BACK* 
Before Vernon went to see you on the night you cut yourself Vernon and Joshua had their own conversation. 
 

"What'd you want to tell me?" Vernon asked Joshua.

"Take care of her Vernon. I know she'll love you way more then  she'll love me." explained Joshua.

"No dude. I've made her cry too many times. I only screw up."

"Vernon, trust me on this ok? When she was with me, all she thought about was you.. Looking at her I knew she was in pain when she thought of you. So go make it up to her and tell her to stay, don't let her leave." 

"Are you sure about this?" Vernon asks.

"If you up, I'll you up. Just know that." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH EVERYONE ELSE* 
"VERNON GO." Joshua said one last time. "IF YOU DON'T I WILL." 

Vernon took off before Joshua could finish his sentence. He ran all over the place to find you but he couldn't,he checked the elevators he looked around the stairs and looked at every gate but you weren't there. He looked outside and saw an airplane take off.. It was your airplane. "I'm too late.." he whispers. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*WITH YOU AND DANIEL* 

"Daniel I have to get off. I can't go." you say pressing the stop button on the elevator.

"(y/n).."

"I'm sorry. I can't, I need to stay. This isn't going to work out." you explain.

"Can't you j-"

 

"Daniel, I have to go. You go back yourself. I'll come visit you. I promise, and I'm a hundred million times sorry." you say pulling your suitcase out the elevator. "There's something important that I need to do." After the elevator door closes you ran as fast as you could to go find Vernon. You ran all over the place but he was no where to be found. You ran to one of the gates and saw him. 
 

"VERNON!" you shouted running up to him out of breath. 

He looked at you with a confused gaze. 
 

"I thought you le-"

"I love you too."

You grabbed both of his cheeks and gave him a kiss...