Chapter 1: Bus ride

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

Dad: (y/n) COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM!

Mom: Meet us in the living room please! 

You: OK MOM! OK DAD! 

-MINI BACKSTORY-

Your parents usually never talk to you. It's weird when they actually do. When they talk to you it's either they tell you they're going on a business trip or that they need you to clean the house. You always know that your parents never liked you. Not because you weren't a good child, or that you rebel against them. But it was because you were ugly. 

Your mom was 40 but she look like she was in her twenties. Her beauty radiated throughout the whole house. Her skin was white and blemish free. Her eyelashes looked like they were fake. Lips that were perfectly pink. She has a petite 5 foot frame, with her doll like body. Your dad was only 43 but was super ripped. He had a muscular build at 6 feet 2 inches.

-BACK TO THE STORY- 

*You walking out to the the living room*

You: Are you guys leaving again?


Dad: Actually it's the complete opposite.

Mom: You're the one leaving.

You: Hm?
 

Mom: We want you to go live with your grandparents in Seoul. We've adopted another kid.

You: Okay, now I know I'm not the prettiest thing on this planet but you gave birth to me! How could you tell me to live with someone else?
 

Dad: But you love your grandparents.

 

You: I do, dearly. But why are you making me leave all of the sudden. AND WHY'D YOU ADOPT ANOTHER KID?!

Mom: Whenever we have house guests over we never really tell you that you're our child. We always say that you're the maid. 
 

You: A 16 YEAR OLD MAID. THAT MAKES SENSE RIGHT. 

Dad: Everyone believes it since your looks don't match up to ours. 
 

Mom: The only reason we adopted another kid was to say it was ours.. If only you saw the beauty the kid had.

You: I can't believe my own parents would do this to me.. Even if I'm ugly you can't do something like this.  *Tears slowly fall*
 

Mom: Come on honey it'll be ok. You don't have friends either way, so maybe in Korea you'll meet some new people. 
 

Dad: Your mom is  right! Korea is all about cosmetics maybe you should consider getting some touch ups while you're there. 

You: Fine if that's what you want. 

Mom: I've already gotten you a plane ticket for tonight at 8. 

Dad: Pack your suitcase and leave quietly. Your grandparents will tell us when you get there. Me and your mom will send you money each month. 

You: Okay .. *sigh*

Dad: You can leave now. 

You: *Walks to your bedroom*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You: This is unbelievable. Are they really telling me to leave because I'm too ugly for them? I'm their own kid . I don't understand how they have the heart to do this . But I guess I am too ugly for anyone .. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1 month later in Seoul -

It's been one month since you've came to live with your grandparents in Seoul. All you've gotten from them was love. Nothing else. So much that you've forgotten about your parents in the states. No matter what, they always reminded you every morning before school that you were beautiful, even if it wasn't true. 

Grandpa: (y/n) COME EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU GO! 
 

You: It's ok grandpa. I'm just gonna go to school. *Gives him a hug*

Grandma: Are you walking again sweetpea?
 

You: Yeah. Spring is here and the weather is so beautiful . Plus I always walk, you know that. Since the day I've came to Seoul. 

Grandma: How about you go on the bus today?

You: But there's too many people on the bus. I doubt they'll be any seats for me and my friends. 
 

You always lied about having friends. Friends didn't exist to you. Being independent and not relying on anyone is better. No disappointments and drama. 

Grandpa: *Hands money* I want you to go on the bus. My beautiful granddaughter can't always walk. It's dangerous. What if some ert appears?

Grandma: Why should you be talking about erts when you are one! Who was the one that went into the girls locker room and took my bra 50 years ago. 

Grandpa: But look where we are today.
 

You: Aigoooo . Grandpa was a ert?
 

Grandpa: Back in the day I was. That's how I got the ladies. But right now I've got the one I need. 

Grandma: Aish, stop it. (y/n) just take the money and go on the bus. Do it for your grandpa so he won't be so worried. 
 

You: Okay.. I will. Just for you grandpa. 

Grandpa: Alright go safely . Call us if you need anything .

You: I love you *Gives both of them a quick kiss.*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Walking to the bus stop gave you anxiety. How could you be on one without peeing your undies? At school no one really noticed you. You blended in with the white walls. The only attention you'd get was when you walk through the halls and heard the term fattie, and scarface being thrown at you. Even though you've gotten used to it, you can't help but break when you hear it. No one ever talked to you in class. Not even the teachers. But it didn't matter to you because you managed to get into honors classes, and kept your grades highest in class even if no one really knew who you were.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-BUS ARRIVES-
 

Bus driver: GOODMORRRNING! Lookie here, we have a newbie. 

You: Oh, hello. *Waves awkwardly*

Bus driver: There's not a lot of space but try to find a spot to stand.

You: Thanks.
 

Walking up to the steps you could see all of the people staring at you. Reactions were pretty bad. Some looked away weirdly. Others stared. One person even took a picture. Worst of all, a kid screamed out "AH HOW UGLY!" and hid behind his mom. You stood frozen in shock because that's all you could do at that moment. Your feet refused to move, and so did the 30 other people on the bus. 
 

You slow scanned the bus for seats and you found one. There was a seat next to an old man reading a newspaper, but as soon as he saw you, he put his hat on the empty seat. Slowly walking back towards the bus you noticed some people from your school. 

Emily: Hey look it's fattie 

Woozi: Babe it's not nice to call people that. 
 

Emily: But admit it she's pretty ugly.
 

Joshua: Woozi please control your monster of a girlfriend.

Emily: YAH! I'M NOT A MONSTER. I SAVED YOUR WHEN YOU WERE DROWNING IN THE LAKE THE OTHER DAY. 

Joshua: I should've just drowned then .. 

Emily: Either ways there's no spots for fatties here. You'd need 2 seats to fit yourself. 

Bus driver: HEY NEWBIE SIT SOME WHERE EVERYONE'S WAITING! 

Vernon: , just sit down here. 

Emily: VERNON ARE YOU SERIOUS? 

Vernon. Thats his name. You've seen him around school with his group of friends. He was a really good looking guy but you didn't like him or any of his friends. You hated their bratty and uptights personality along with their snobby attitudes. Getting involved with him would just lead to stupid drama you didn't need. 

You: Thanks .. *slowly sits down* 

For the whole bus ride no one ever said anything, besides the catty remarks made by Emily. But Woozi, probably her boyfriend tried to get her to shut up. Vernon never said anything either. He had his headphones and eyes closed for the whole bus ride. You couldn't help to stare but boy.. Was he perfect ..