Chapter 23: Job interview

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

"That's weird, where's (y/n)." said Vernon.

"Didn't you just have art with her?" ask Mingyu.

"Yeah I did, but she said she needed to get her phone because she left it in a classroom. Shouldn't she be out by now?" 

Brian had carried you out of the room to where everyone was standing for the fire drill. 
Dino was the first one to see you. "OMMO  (Y/N)!"

"TEACHER! TEACHER! SOMEONE HELP US!" shouted Jeonghan.
"What happened? Why is she like this?" asked Vernon. 

Brian explained. "I don't know. I heard someone pounding on the door in the chemistry class, I recognized (y/n)'s voice and tried opening the door but it didn't work. So I ended up breaking through the glass and getting her out through there. When I came in the room there was gas everywhere." 

"(Y/N) WAKE UP. (Y/N) WAKE UP!" Dino started shaking you.

"DINO! THAT'S NOT HELPING." Emily snapped. 

The teachers rushed over with a nurse to check what was happening. 

"She's currently unconscious right now. We need to move her to my office and see how she's doing." said the nurse. 

"OMMO MY JAGIYYAAA. I'LL CARRY YOU." Dino said picking you up bridal style. 

"Hand her over." Vernon said setting his arms up.

"But she's already in my arms." Dino said sticking his tongue out. 

"Fine. Don't drop her!" Vernon warned. 

The teachers needed Brian to stay and explain what happened in the chemistry room. 

*DURING LUNCH*

Everyone was having lunch outside under a tree at the open fields. On the other hand you were still unconscious. Brian was walking past the whole group, and Woozi invited him to join. 
 

"I think something worse could've happened to (y/n) if you weren't there." said Wonwoo. 

"People were checking what type of gas it was and they reported it to be carbon monoxide." explained DK. 
Dino's eyes bugged out. "OMMO THAT'S A DEADLY GAS. IT'LL TOTALLY KILL YOU. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE." 

"You just saved her life." said Seungkwang. 

"I guess so." Brian said shyly. 

"Is (y/n) still unconscious?" asked Jun.

Vernon answered his questions. "Yeah I checked before lunch and she's still sleeping." 

"IS SHE DEAD?" Dino said in a panic tone.

"WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT, OF COURSE SHE ISN'T!" Emily scolded Dino.

"I think she didn't breath enough of it to die or anything." Explained Brian. "Do you guys want to go check on her?" 

"No, don't come. I'm fine." you said appearing out of nowhere. 

"(Y/N)!!!!!" Dino ran up to hug you. "YOU'RE ALIVE!" 

"I'm alive." you say tiredly. 

"When did you wake up?" asked Joshua. 

"Just a few minutes ago. " you answered. 

"You should've stayed there to get some rest." said Vernon. 

"I'm okay." you smiled. 

He went over and gave you a hug. "Thanks Brian, because of you she's safe." 

Brian looked confused. "You guys are.." 

"DATING." said Dino. "I KNOW. I'M DISAPPOINTED TOO." he said crossing his arms. 

"Aha, I'm guessing you're popular with the guys?" Brian asked you.

You were caught off guard with Brian's questions all of the sudden. "No, not at all." 

"Only guy she's popular with is me." said Vernon. 

"EWWW STOP. I'M ABOUT TO PUKE." Emily said pretending to choke herself. 

"Oh shut up Emily." S.Coups said. "I feel the same way when I look at you and Woozi." 

"ATLEAST I WASN'T IN A ONE SIDED LOVE." Woozi barked. 

"TSK, WATCH IT." warned S.Coups "AT LEAST I'M NOT SHORT." 

"YYAAAHHHH!!!" Woozi pointed his finger towards S.Coups direction and ran towards him, jumping on his back. 

"STOP CHOKING ME! EMILY GET YOUR BOYFRIEND OFF OF ME." 

"Ehh, maybe in a minute." she said relaxing herself. 

Brian was laughing at the scene. "Are you guys always like this?" 

"Pretty much!" The8 said. 

"I can't believe Joshua is friends with you guys." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Emily. 

"He didn't mean it in a bad way. Me and Brian were friends in the states actually. He had to move so we never saw each other after that. " Joshua explained.
"Yup but here we are." said Brian. 

"Ahhh, I see." responded Emily. 
 

*BELL RINGGSSSS* 
 

"Dang it. It's time for class." said Jun.

"See everyone after school!" Jeonghan waved off.
 

Everyone parted their ways to different directions. You only had two more classes until you were free. Next up in schedule is math. "Yay..." you thought to yourself. You didn't have math with anyone you knew. Last class was world language, the only person you knew was Mingyu but he was too busy talking to other girls so you didn't do much either. But for the rest of the day you couldn't stop thinking about the gas incident. What had happened? Was that a coincidence? Or did someone purposely do that? You keep replaying the scene in your head. Your throat was slowly closing up, it felt like someone was choking you. Also how'd Brian now? Why was he the one to be there, weren't there other people? 
 

"What're you thinking about?" Vernon asked. "You're about to run into a pole." 

You didn't realize that Vernon was walking behind you the whole time. 

"Are you okay?" he asks. 

"Ahh, yeah I'm fine." you reply. 

"What're you thinking about, you're so focused." 

"I am?"

"Yeah, I called your name earlier but you just continued walking." Vernon explained. 

"I did?" 

"Yeah... are you sure you're okay." 

"I can't stop thinking about the chemistry lab incident earlier." 

"Ahh, it's nothing. It's a chemistry lab. Could've happened to anyone." said Vernon.

"Really? I don't know it just seemed odd to me." 

Vernon put his arm around your wait. "Babe, don't worry ok?" 

You smiled and wrapped your arms around him. "Ok."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*LATER THAT NIGHT* 
You and Vernon were about to go to bed but you couldn't fall asleep. 

"Vernon. Are you awake?" you whispered. 

"Sorry, Vernon's currently asleep. Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP." 

You laughed at his joke. 

"What is it?" he said wrapping his arms around you and getting closer.

"Should I get a job?" you ask.

"Why? Stay home. You can be a stay home mom." 

"OMMO HOW FUNNY." you say with a serious face. "I need to finish school first." 

"Okok, but I want 2-3 kids by the way. Boy has to be born first." 

"Aigoo.. You act like I get to choose what pops out first." you said annoyed. "But I don't know, I want a job." 

"Anything in mind?" 

"I don't know.. maybe something simple first. Working at a company maybe?" 

"Pick up calls, get papers, and print stuff?" 

"Yeah, for a first job."

"I guess that's fine. But which company would have an open spot."

"True.. I'll just wait then." you say.

"I'll try to help you." Vernon said. 

You gave him a quick kiss on the check. "Goodnight idiot." 

"What's the point of you giving me a kiss and then being rude to me." he asked. 

"Just shut up and sleep." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL* 

 

"Why does Dino look like a zombie." asked Wonwoo. 

"I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT.. MY SLEEPING SCHEDULE IS EVERYWHERE.." Dino explained. 

"So's mine." said Emily.

Everyone else also agreed. 

*BELL RINGS* 

Mingyu was groaning over school starting. "Yay... first class.." 

"Yippee...." Jun said sobbing.

"COME ON GUYS! WE CAN DO THIS. LET'S GO HANG OUT AFTER SCHOOOL!" Jeonghan said brightly.
S.Coups gave him an annoyed look. "Just get your angelic in class." 

"Geez, Mr.grumpy pants." 

"Tsk!"

Your first class was chemistry again with Brian. 

"Morning!" he greeted you. He was sitting in the same spot as yesterday. 

"Goodmorning." you say back. 

"Are you doing okay? How're you feeling from the incident yesterday?" he asked. 

"I'm doing ok, it's just weird how that happened. I don't know why but it doesn't feel like an accident."

"Ah.. really? I think you're just a little freaked out from it." Brian explained. "Atleast you're alive and well. That carbon monoxide could've killed you." 

"I know, that's why I'm so freaked out." you sighed. "But thanks to you I'm alive." 
"It's nothing, I bet you anyone would've done that." 

You gave him a smile. 

The teacher came in and started class. Every five minutes that went by felt like thirty minutes. But if only that was the case. Luckily class was over, but another one was next. 

 

*IN LITERATURE* 

"So how's your art project going?" Joshua asked you.

You, Vernon and Brian totally forgot about it. It was also due in two days.

"We should probably work on that today." Brian suggested. 

"Yeah, when?" you asked. 

"Hm, how about after school?" he said. 

"Yeah I'm fine with that. Let's meet in the art room?" 

"Sounds good." 

"I bet all of your drawings are going to be horrible!" Joshua teased. 

"You could barely draw a stick figure the last time I was with you." Brian joked. 

You were laughing from Joshua's expressions, his face had darken. 

*AFTER SCHOOL* 
 

You and Vernon met up after school at the front gate. 

"Vernon, let's go work on our art project." 

"Ahh. That's why he's here. " 

"Hi." Brian said. "Let's go to the art room. There should be supplies and no one there." 

"Sounds good." 

You guys went into the room to work. What Brian said was right, there wasn't anyone, the teachers were no where to be seen either.

You guys sat in a triangle formation, you guys had a canvas and some paint. Brian was supposed to draw what represented you. You were supposed to draw what represented Vernon, and Vernon was going to draw what Brian reminded him of. 
 

"Don't get offended if I think of something weird." Vernon warns Brian.

"I'm fine with that." Brian said while painting. 

You were focused into your drawing that you didn't notice anyone, or anything around you. 

"Did you find something that represents me?" asked Vernon.

"Maybeee." you said deciding on what color to use next.

"How am I looking?" Vernon asked you.

"Horrible." you responded.

"Why am I not surprised." said Vernon. "Oh yeah! I forgot, I found you an opening spot for a job. I submitted an application for you and you should be getting a text soon telling when your interview is." 

You were so shocked to hear the news. "OH MY GOODNESS REALLY?!" you ran up and kissed him all over the face. " THANK YOU *KISS* THANK YOU *KISS* THANK YOU *KISS*."

"Well dang girl." Vernon said. "You usually hit me, this feels so weird." 

You pulled back. "Should I continue hitting you then?" 

"NONONONO. More kiss please." Vernon said sticking his face out at you.

You pushed it away. "Get back to painting." 

"Woahh, I'm jealous of you two." said Brian.

"US? AHAHA." you laughed. "Why? You want to get hit? I can do that for you if you'd like me too."

"Aha, no. That's not what I mean. I'm jealous of you guys having a relationship like that." Brian says while focusing on his canvas still. 

"Should I find you someone?" you asked. 

Brian refused the offer. "Nooo, you don't know what kind of girls are my style." 

"Explain to us." said Vernon.

"No, it's too much." Brian said. "I'll get her on my own. I know I can."

"Woahhhh, so confident." you said. 

After you guys finished your painting you didn't show them t each other. You guys would be able to see them in two days when they were going to be presented. 

You felt relieved that your first assignment of the year was completed. 

"Alright, well I'll be heading home now." said Brian. 

"See you tomorrow in art." Vernon said to Brian. 

You guys said your greetings and left. 

 

*WHILE WALKING HOME* 

"I can't believe you got my a job interview." 

"It wasn't that hard."

"Where is it?" you asked. 

"FLEDIS ENTERTAINMENT." answered Vernon. "You'll be helping with idea and presentations. Along with all the other stuff you explained to me last night."
"Ahhh I see." you say. 
"But they'll send you a message soon telling you when your interview is." 

"Thanks again." you say giving him a kiss. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*NEXT DAY*
 

The next day while you were getting ready for chemistry, you heard a notification go off on your phone. 
 

*DING DING* 
 

Message: YOUR INTERVIEW FOR PLEDIS ENTERTAINMENT IS TOMORROW AT 8 IN THE MORNING. PLEASE GIVE US A PRESENTATION ON A MUSICAL OR MUSIC IDEAS. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.
 

"OMMO, IT'S TOMORROW. YES YES YES!" you shouted. 

Brian looked at you like you were crazy. "What's tomorrow?" 
"MY JOB INTERVIEW!" 

"Woahh, congratulations!" 

"Thank you. They want me to give a presentation on a book or something. WHATDOIDOWHATDOIDO" you said in panic.

"Okayokay,calm down. Go to the library tonight, and find musical and read it." 

"OK GOOD IDEA!" 

You were hoping that the day ended fast so you could start on your presentation for tomorrow job interview. As the end of the day came you texted Vernon to go home first, since you were going to the library. He asked you if you needed help but you didn't want him to stay up with you all night. He said that he'd be waiting until you got home. 
 

*AT THE LIBRARY* 
 

"Where's the musical section.." you thought to yourself while skimming through the shelves. 

While searching for what seems to be forever, you finally found it. "OMMO! MARY POPPINS! THE MUSICAL. I FOUND IT!" 

The book was placed on the one of the high shelves and you couldn't reach it. You even stepping on a little stool but it was still too high up. You saw another hand going for the same book as you. "HEY! I GOT HERE FIRST!" you tried yanking the book away but you fell backwards onto the rude person who decided to take your book. 

 

"YAH! IT'S M-" you turned around. "Brian?"  

A/N: HAVE YOU GUYS WATCHED MY ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO YET? THANK YOU FOR READING SARANGHAEEE!