Chapter 9: I can't ..

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

The rain stopped .. 
 

"Wait no.. this isn't right." you say.

"Huh?" says Vernon. 

You couldn't let your feelings get the best of you. This wasn't right, even though Lilly didn't really like Vernon, doing this wasn't right. If you got anymore involved with him there would be too much drama. You wouldn't be able to handle everything. 


"You know about me and Lilly so what's wrong?" he asks

"I can't.. not now. Let's forget this ever happened" you admit.

"But we just kissed. You can't just expect me to forget everything that just happened. It doesn't work that way." 

"I'm sorry .." you say feeling guilty.

"Wow.. I can't believe this is happening."

"I said I'm sorry ." 

Vernon didn't say anything, instead he moved away from you and sat near the fire. 

"Are you mad?" you ask.

"Well I don't know. Shouldn't I be?" 

"Can't you just understand that I don't want to be together right now?"

"You know my feelings towards you, I know your feelings towards me. So what's wrong? Why can't we be together?" he asks

"No you don't. You don't know my feelings towards you." you say firmly

"YOU JUST KISSED ME. IT COULDN'T BE SOMETHING "FRIENDS" DO." Vernon said in an upset tone

"Why are you yelling? Can't you just work with me and understand this situation." you plead.

"No. I understand everything.. But I'm pretty sure YOU don't. You said that I would leave you, but I think you're the one leaving me instead." 

"I'M NOT. I JUST CAN'T HANDLE EVERYTHING OKAY?"

"WHAT. WHAT CAN'T YOU HANDLE. IS IT ME? CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN SURE HANDLE JOSHUA." he asked angrily 

"WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?"

"EVERYTHING. He has EVERYTHING to do with this. You came to Emily's birthday party HAND IN HAND WITH HIM. He drives you home, he does everything. YOU ALWAYS SEEM SO HAPPY WITH HIM. Why don't you with me?" 

"BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO SH*T LIKE THIS. YOU YELL AT ME AND GET SO MAD. JOSHUA DOESN'T. JUST LIKE AT THE NIGHTCLUB, YOU DRAGGED ME OUT OF TO THE BACK AND YOU GOT ALL CLOSE. YOU GAVE ME FALSE HOPES. YOU LEAD ME TO THIS POINT." you said storming out of the cabin. 
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! COME BACK. WHERE ARE YOU GOING."

"ANYWHERE YOU'RE NOT!" you shout back. 

You weren't sure where you were going to go. The sky had already started to set. The rain had stopped but it was cold. You were in the middle of the forest lost. Even though you shouldn't have kissed Vernon you did. And the fact that you didn't control yourself, you got even madder. You continued to walk down the forest, you weren't sure where you were going to go but you kept walking. Your feet started to get slower, and your body started to get colder. All you wanted was to lay down. You thought you were about to pass out when you saw headlights coming your way. 

 

Joshua ran out of his car. "(y/n)!"

Thank god. It was Joshua, you were glad that finally someone came."

"Jo-sh-ua" you said shivering from the cold.

"Where's Vernon? Why're you here?"

"The c-car broke down. We found a cabin and got into a fight and here I am." you explained everything but purposely left out your kiss. Plus you had no energy to say anything else. 

"You look like you're about to pass out." Joshua said taking his jacket off and put it on you.  

"I'm fi-" Unable to finish your sentence you passed out. 
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

You wake up in a room that you've never seen before in your whole life. A wet towel was placed on your forehead. You weren't wearing your clothes, instead you had on a baggy t-shirt and a pair of boxers. The room was painted white. Everything looked so clean and neat. You looked at the drawer next to you and saw a note.
"I'll be back soon." signed Joshua. 

"WAIT. IF THIS IS JOSHUA'S ROOM. DID HE CHANGE ME? WHAT." you thought to yourself. 

You heard a couple of knocks on the door. "Come in" you say 

It was Emily and Woozi.

"Why're you here?" you ask

"Joshua said he had to go do something and wanted us to take care of you while he was gone." Woozi explained.

"GIRL. Why are you wearing boxers. DID YOU AND JOSHUA..." Emily said while raising her eyebrows

You were so surprised by Emily's words. "YAH! Did w-what h-huh?"
"You know .. The deed .." Woozi said. 
"NO. I don't even know what happened."

"Explain what you remember." Emily said. 

"Well.. it's kind of confusing."

"I don't care. We have time. He won't be back for another hour." Emily says.

"I know I'm a guy and all but you can say whatever. I've been with Emily for years and you won't believe what types of things she gossips about." Woozi says

"Hey. Shut uuuupppp." says Emily. "Okay, explain (y/n)" 

"Ok.. so." you explained to them everything that happened without leaving a single detail. 

"So you kissed Vernon." Emily said

"But then you told him you didn't wanna be with him?" Woozi finishes

"Pretty much ." you explain

Emily tried to comfort you. "Hun it's okay. Don't get so upset at yourself. You couldn't control yourself during that moment and you know, things happen."  

"Vernon is my homie and all but I think Joshua and you are a better match." Woozi says

Emily nodded head in agreement. "Ok actually. Vernon and you would be good together too but remember what I told you? He's way different then Joshua." 

"Vernons more aggressive and indecisive, where Joshua is more of that sweet boyfriend who's more charming." 

"Yeah. I know the difference between them." you explain.

"Well whatever happens, happens. Just do what you think is right. Probably one of the most cheesiest things ever but it's true." said Woozi

"If you need to talk or vent I'm always here. Plus Woozi too. He may be stupid sometimes but he helps me a lot with my problems." Emily says placing a kiss on his cheek. 

"Thanks guys." 

You started coughing and a sudden headache came so you laid back down.

"Are you okay?" Emily asks.

"I'm fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold." you say

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshua left a note saying that he'd be back because he was trying to find Vernon. He wasn't sure where he'd be so he decided to go call Lilly.
 

"Hello?" Lilly picked up the phone.

"Where's Vernon?"
"Joshua? He's at my house." 

"I'll be there in 5" Joshua said quickly hanging up the phone. 

*At Lilly's house*
Joshua knocked on the door a couple of times and waited for someone to open the door. "Why're you here?" Vernon asked.

"Trying to talk to you." Joshua said pushing Vernon inside the house.
"Joshua what's up." Lilly asked 
"I just wanted to talk to Vernon. It's nothing of your concern." 

"Whatever your deal is hurry and just tell me." Vernon said impatiently.

"Lilly could you leave?" asked Joshua
Lilly left and gave them some space. 

"What happened with you and (y/n)." 

"Nothing." Vernon said with a blank face.

"Something happened. Why'd you guys get into an argument?" 

Vernon refused to answer. He stood there, not saying a word.

"SAY SOMETHING" Joshua said loudly.

"None of your damn beeswax." 

Joshua grabbed Vernons collar. " Just tell me what happened. You know she fainted from walking in the cold? What could you have said to her?!" 

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME? SHE WAS THE ONE WHO KISSED ME." 
Joshua released his hand from Vernons collar.

"You guys kissed?"

"YEAH WE DID! She kissed me and started saying sh*t like, " Oh I can't handle it. You're gonna leave me. BLAH BLAH, you give me false hopes, BLAH BLAH, can't you understand me? and more bullsh*t like that." 

Joshua was speechless. He wasn't sure how, or when Vernon became such a jerk.

"What's gotten into you? You act like you don't care about her. Everyone in the group knows that you like her." Joshua admitted.

" ME? What's gotten into you? Since when did you have an interest in (y/n)? Since when did you even like someone? I thought Lilly leaving you "traumatized" you."

"You're horrible you know that?" 

"Well I'm sorry that we both like the same girl, but it's not my ing fault is it? Why don't you guys just start dating? Holding hands and everything. What ing bullsh*t." Vernon said in a rude tone.

"Maybe we will. Cause you know why? Cause I don't want her to get hurt but some b*tch like you." Joshua said while leaving the house.