Chapter 18: Taekwondo

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

SIDE NOTE: If any of you guys were wondering why I added taekwondo to this chapter is because I was actually thinking of what to write about during my taekwondo class, and I was like BAMMM! TAEKWONDO IT IS. I hope everyone enjoy's reading it! Saranghaeee <3 <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Come in, come in!" you say pulling Daniel into your house. 

"Woah, your house is so cute." he says while eyeing the place. 

"Thanks. Sit down, I'll get you some water and a snack." you say running into the kitchen. 
 

*WITH VERNON AND DANIEL*

"So.. who are you?" Vernon asks Daniel.

"I'm Daniel, one of (y/n)'s friends from the states." he answers.

"Ahh I see. I lived in the states too." 

"Oh really? Where are you from?" 

"I'm from New York." Vernon answers. 

"Nice." 

*YOU COME BACK* 

You came back with some water and a plate of fruit. "Here is the water, and some fruit." you say putting it on the coffee table.

Daniel smiled at you, "Thanks."
You sat yourself down the couch next to Vernon. 

"Daniel why'd you come to Korea?" you ask.

"I'm studying abroad and I remembered before you left you told me you were going to Korea. So I thought let's go visit (y/n)!" he says. 
 

"But how'd you find me and my address?"

"A lot of research." he says. 

Vernon snickers at his answer. "Stalker." he said under his breath. 

"What?" Daniel asked. 

"Oh! Nothing!" Vernon said with a fake smile. "How did you guys meet?" he asks pretending to be interested. 

You and Daniel looked at each other. "Do you wanna explain?" you asked Daniel. 

"Sure." he says. "When I first started taekwondo (y/n) was already one of my seniors because she was a higher rank than I was. During training I remember she was supposed to spar me, being the idiot I was, since she was so small I thought she'd lose, but all of the sudden she did a spin kick and it was lights out for me." 

"AHAHAHAH HOW EMBARRASSING!" Vernon said while laughing. 
You gave him a "What's wrong with you?" look and he calmed down. 

"Sorry.." he says remaining quiet. 

"It's fine. It was pretty embarrassing if you think about it." says Daniel. 
"When're you leaving?" you ask.

Daniel had to take a minute to think, "Hmm. In a week or so.." 

"Aw, so short." you say. 

"Let's hang out everyday then!" Daniel suggested.

Vernon gave him a "Wtf did you just say." look. 

"Yes, definitely!" you. 

Vernon then looked at you with a "Are you serious." face. 

*KNOCK KNOCK* 

"Who could that be?" you say getting up.

Opening the door it was the whole group.

"Why're you guys here?" 

"LETS GO TO AN AMUSEMENT PARK!" Dino says happily. 

Daniel stands up to see who it was. 

"Who's that cutie." Emily says looking at Daniel.

"Hi, I'm one of (y/n)'s friends from the states. My names Daniel." he says flashing a smile.

"Well, you can feel free to join too!" Emily says. 

"Really?" 

"Our pleasureeeee." Emily says pulling Daniel out of the door. 

You and Emily head to the car with Daniel while the guys look at Vernon. 

"What?" he asks. 

"Who is he." Joshua asked. 

"WHOEVER HE IS, I DO NOTTTTTT LIKE HIM." Woozi said. 

"Is it because he's handsome?" Jeonghan asked Woozi. 
"No.. he's taller then me.." Woozi says with a pout. 
"It's okay hyung." The8 said patting Woozi's shoulder.

Woozi shook him off and stomped out the door. 
"Feisty." said Mingyu. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK* 

As soon as you guys got out of the car everyone wanted to go on the big roller coaster and bumper cars. 

"BUMPER CARS!!!" shouted Hoshi. 

"ROLLER COASTERRRR!" shouted Dino. 

You guys were thinking of where to go first.

"How about we split into groups and go." suggested Emily. 

"That sounds good." said Jun. 

"Who's going with who though?" asked Jeonghan.

"Wonwoo,Mingyu,Joshua Jeonghan, and I will go together." said S.Coups. 

"I want to be with (y/n)." Joshua said. 

"Jun, The8, DK, Vernon, and I will be one." said Seunkwang. 

"But I want to be with (y/n) too!" said Vernon. 
"Daniel, (y/n), Woozi, and I will be one group." said Emily. 

Vernon and Joshua both refused to go with Seunkwang, and S.Coups. They went with you, Emily, Woozi, and Daniel. 

"LET'S GO HAVE SOME FUNNNN!" Dino cheered. 

Everyone splitted up and went around the amusement park with their group. Daniel and you were just catching up on each other and telling jokes. 

"Do you remember that time when you thought you could scare me and I ended up flipping your over?" you ask Daniel.

"Ahahah, yeah. My hurt after that." 

"You deserved it! Don't underestimate me." you warned. 

Vernon interrupted. "REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN YOU SMASHED ME IN THE FACE WITH A LAMP AND MY NOSE BLED? OH YEAH IT WAS LIKE 2 HOURS AGO." 

"I said I was sorry!" you say. 

Joshua gave you a high five. "How'd you guys meet?" Joshua asked Daniel. 

"SHE KICKED HIM IN THE HEAD BLAHBLAHBLAH." Vernon said. 

"Yeah, we met through doing taekwondo together in the states, and she nearly knocked me out." explained Daniel.

"She fought off some bad guys in korea too. Emily almost died." said Joshua. 

Daniel looked at you in surprise. "Really? Woahhh nice." he said clapping. 
You were blushing from his praising. "Ahh it was nothing." 

Vernon whispered something to Joshua. "Is she blushing?" 

"I think so." Joshua whispered back. 

"GUYS LOOK! IT'S A LITTLE HEADBAND BOOTH!" Emily said running over the little shop. 

They were selling headbands that had cute little animal ears. Emily grabbed bear ears and put it on Daniel. "Ahh, you look so cute." she squealed. 

Woozi felt left out so he took bunny ears and put it on himself. "What about me!! Am I cuteee. BuingBuing." he said trying to get Emily's attention. 

"Hyung..." Vernon and Joshua said cringing. 
"(y/n)! These will look cute on you." Daniel said putting on little cat ears. "Aiigooo, your so cute!" he said. 

Woozi took some tiger ears and put it on Emily. "Ommo, my jagiya is so cute." 

Everyone was taking cute couple pictures but Vernon and Joshua stood there watching. 

"We can have some fun too!" Vernon said putting a headband on Joshua. 

"RIGHT!" Joshua said while putting bear ears on Vernon. 

They both looked at each other and shook their heads at their childish actions.
 

"NOPE NOPE." they both said taking the headbands off.   

 

Your guys next stop was at the bumper cars. Daniel and you rode one, Woozi and Emily had one, and Joshua went with Vernon. 
 

"GET THEMMM!" Emily said pointing towards you guys.

"CHARRRGEEEEE." screamed Woozi. 

"ATTTACCK!" shouted Vernon. 
 

Everyone was shoving you guys, especially Joshua and Vernon, it seemed like they wanted to run you over. 
 

Joshua and Vernon were laughing at how you guys were been thrown around. 
 

"YAHHH!" you screamed. "I'LL GET YOU LATER." 

After the bumper cars you guys went to play one of the little games they had. If you could knock down the bottles with a tennis ball then you would win a giant stuffed bear. It was 6 feet tall. 

"WOOOZI! WIN ME THAT!" Emily said pointing at the bear. 
 

"I will babe. Just for you." 
 

Woozi has 5 chances to knock the bottles over. The first time he missed terribly, the second time he got half of the bottles, the third time only one fell, and last two times, his aim was off. The vendor gave him a little beaded necklace for trying. 

"Here babe." Woozi said sadly. "I'm sorry.. I wish I could've gotten it for you." 

"It's okay. At least you tried." Emily said hugging him. 
 

"I got this. Give me the balls." Vernon said. 

He missed all five of his shots. 

"Here I wanna try." asked Joshua. 
 

He didn't even knock a bottle over.

"This game is rigged!" Joshua pouted.
 

"Since everyone tried I wanna give it a go." 

Daniel missed his first four shots but knocked all of them over on the last try. 

"Here (y/n), you have it." he says giving you the bear.
 

"But it's so big!" you say trying to carry it. 
 

"I'll hold it for you." Daniel says. 

You guys continue to go on different rides. 
 

Joshua pulled on Vernon's shirt. 

"What." Vernon said. 

"I don't like him." admitted Joshua. 

"Neither do I." he responded. 
 

After going on what seems all of the ride you guys were officially exhausted. The whole group decided to meet each other at the front gate. 

"TODAY WAS SO FUNNN!" Mingyu said. 


"Where's Dino,The8, and Wonwoo?" you asked. 
 

"Oh they threw up on the roller coaster and went home first." 
 

"Wow." said Jun. 
 

"Hopefully they'll be fine." you say. 
 

"Alright, let's go home. I'm pooped." Emily said. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AT YOUR HOUSE* 
 

"Thanks for the stuffed bear." you say to Daniel. 
 

"Thanks for the stuffed bearrrr." Vernon mimicked Daniel. 
 

"It's nothing." Daniel says. 
 

"It's nothinggg." Joshua imitates. 
 

"WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS LEAVING." you snapped at them.
 

"WHY CAN HE STAY BUT WE CAN'T!" Vernon whined. 
 

"Aigoo.. Just like little kids." you say. 
 

"Well, I'm just going to head home now." Daniel says. 
 

"Ahh. Alright, where are you staying." you ask. 
 

"I'm not sure yet, my stuff is at a public dorm but I think I'm moving." 
 

"Ohh, do you want to stay at my house?" you suggest. 

"YAH! HOW CAN A MAN LIVE WITH ANOTHER WOMEN." Vernon shouts. 
 

Joshua backed up Vernon. "HE'S RIGHT. THAT'S NOT RIGHT. WHAT IF PEOPLE THINK SOMETHING'S GOING ON BETWEEN YOU TWO." 
 

"Why not? We're just friends." you say innocently. 
 

"IT'S STILL WRONG!!" Vernon and Joshua say simultaneously. 
 

"It's okay. I have a friend I can stay with. Don't worry." Daniel says. 
 

"Oh alright.. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." you say.
 

"You betcha! Goodnight." he says giving you a hug. 
 

"Night." you say. 
 

After Daniel leaves,  you stare at Joshua and Vernon annoyingly. 
 

"What.." Joshua says innocently. 
 

"What? What was that. You guys have been acting weird today." 
 

"Us? What about you?" says Vernon.
 

"What'd I do?" you say. 

"You were all nice and stuff today with Daniel." Joshua said. 
 

"I haven't seen him such a long time, plus we've been friends for years." you say. 
 

"Excusessss excusesssss." said Vernon.
 

"Whatever, are you guys going to leave now." 

"Fine. Bye." they both said leaving. 
 

"Idiots.." you say. 
 

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?" Vernon said turning around. 

"IDIOTSSS!!!" you scream. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NEXT MORNING* 
 

You were woken up with a phone call.
 

"Daniel?" 
"Yeah it's me." 
"What's up." you ask while yawning.

"Do you want to go hangout?" he asks. 
"Where??" 
"How about somewhere familiar to us."
"Hmm ok. Can you tell where we're going though?"

"It's a surprise, I'll be at your house in 10!" he says hanging up the phone. 
 

You got up to go get ready, while you were brushing your teeth someone pounded on your door. 
"WHAT VERNON." 
"Goodmorning!" he says with a smile. 

"Morning, morning." Joshua said. 
"YOU TOO?!" you say. 

"Hey, close your mouth. Toothpaste is flying everywhere." said Vernon. 

"YAH! WHY'RE YOU HERE." 

"We brought some breakfast for you." Joshua says handing you a box. 
You took the box and put it on the dining table. "Okay. Thanks, you can go now. You know?" 

*KNOCK KNOCK* 

Joshua walks over to the door. "Why're you here again." it was Daniel.

"Shouldn't I be asking that?" 

"Daniel!" you say rushing over to him. 

"Seems like you're not ready. I'll wait for you." he says with a smile.

"I promise it'll be fast." you ran into the bathroom to finish washing up. Picking out an outfit would take the longest. 

*WITH VERNON, JOSHUA, AND DANIEL*

"Sooo. What're you doing here?" asks Joshua. 

"Me and (y/n) are going to hang out." he says. 

Vernon buts in. "Where?" 

"Somewhere special." explains Daniel.

"Special? Where could that be?" Joshua asks. 

"I was thinking of taking her to a taekwondo class." 
 

You just happened to walk out at the time Daniel said where you two were going. 
 

"A taekwondo class you say?" 
 

"Do you not want to go anymore?" Daniel says nervously. 
 

"Of course I want to go! I've been wanting to do it again for a while. Let me get my uniform then." you say running into your room. "Alright let's go." 
 

"Then I'll see you guys later." Daniel said waving at Joshua and Vernon 
 

"WE WANNA DO TAEKWONDO TOO!" they both said. 
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE TRAINING HALL* 
 

When you guys arrived at the place you all had to change into your uniforms. Joshua and Vernon were white belts while you and Daniel had your black belts on. 
 

"Woahh. I haven't seen you like this in a while." Daniel said.
 

"Me either. It feels weird but good at the same time." you say laughing. 
 

"Okay what do we first?" Joshua asked. 
 

"Well you have to listen to the instructor." 

One of the black belts had came over. "Daniel?" 
 

"Mr.Choi?" he says. 
 

"I haven't seen you in a while, (y/n) too? How have you been?" 
 

"I've been good sir." you say. 
 

"Who're these two?" instructor choi asks. 
 

"These are my friends, Vernon and Joshua." you say. 
 

"Nice to meet you guys. I've been teaching for 20 years, I've taught in the states before, this is how I know Daniel and (y/n) they were one of my best students." 

"Ahh, so I see." Joshua says. 
 

"What're we going to learn today sir?" Vernon asks. 
 

"What're you guys interested in learning?" 
 

"I'm interested in flips and takedowns." Vernon says. 
 

"Hmm. Good idea, Daniel and Joshua you guys will be partners. Vernon and (y/n) you guys are a pair." 
 

You guys get with your partners. The instructor taught some basic flips and trips which took a while to get down especially for Vernon and Joshua. 
 

"How about we play a game. You guys are going to go against your partners and who ever falls first loses!" explained Mr.Choi. 
 

"Alright, sounds like my type of game." you say. 
 

"Okay, get with your partners." 

You guys get in your positions. 
 

"START!" 
 

You and Vernon were first to go. You started grabbing each other here and there but nothing was really happening.
 

"Too scared?" you say. 
 

"Not at all." he says back.
 

"Then why aren't you coming at me." 
 

"Because, I'm waiting for the perfect time." 
 

"Oh, well I won't give it to you that easily." you say keeping your guards up. 
 

"Common just because you're a bl-" 
 

It was the perfect timing you got in close against him and flipped him right over your shoulder. The aftermath was a crying Vernon. 
 

"OMMMMMAAA." he cried. 
 

"Aigoo, get up." you say with your hands on your hips. 

"APPPPAAAAA." he says laying on the floor still.

"You'll survive." you took his legs and dragged him out of the ring. 
 

"Alright. NEXT!" Mr.Choi announces. 
 

It was Joshua and Daniel' and turn. It took quite a while for their match to end but Daniel obviously won, and the aftermath was Joshua crawling out of the ring. 
 

"Vernon.." he says flopping down next to him. 
 

"W-what." Vernon says. 
 

"Taekwondo.. hurts."

Vernon's eyes got bigger. He took his hands and reached towards the ceiling. "I THINK I SEE THE LIGHT..." 

You stood right over them and said, "Losers." while sticking your tongue out. 
 

Vernon tried to sit up to grab your pant leg but he flopped back on the ground. "YAH GET BACK HERE.."

"Okay last round. (Y/N) VS.DANIEL." announced the instructor. 
 

By the time you guys were about to start Vernon and Joshua sat up to watch. You and Daniel took your positions.
 

"START!" 

You guys wrestled around for a bit, grabbing each other here and there. 
 

"HEY! DANIEL DON'T GRAB THERE!" Joshua screamed. 
 

"THOUGHT YOU SAID THERE WAS NOTHING!" you yelled back at him. 
 

"Nothing? What does she mean by that?" Vernon asked Joshua.
 

"Ah.. that.. I changed her once." 

Vernon jumped onto Joshua's back and choked him. "YAH YOU CRAZY MAN." 
 

Ignoring the mess that was happening next to you, you finally found a chance to get Daniel. You grabbed his uniform and tried to trip him, but he uses your own force and trips you instead. 
 

"DANIEL WINNER!" Mr.Choi says. 
 

You guys were on the ground together still.
 

"Winner winner." he says. 
 

"Alright, alright. Just this once." you say. 
 

Daniel was on top of you, staring into your eyes. 
 

"(y/n)..." he says leaning in closer.
 

"What is that jerk trying to do." Joshua asks Vernon. 
 

"TRYING TO KISS HER YOU DIP SH*T." 
 

Vernon ran over and yanked Daniel off of you. 
 

"What was that for?!" Daniel asks.
 

"LET'S WRESTLE." Vernon says. 
 

He laughs for a second. "Do you really want to go against me?" 
 

"NOT REALLY." Vernon admitted. 
 

You got back on your feet and stopped their fight. "Alright alright, let's go home. That's enough for one day." you say. 
 

"YAH! WHERE'S DINO AND HIS SPOON WHEN YOU NEED HIM." Vernon said walking to the changing room annoyed. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the class you guys decided to go get some ice cream to cool down. 
 

"Two Vanilla's please." Joshua asks the lady. 

"Two?" Vernon asks. 
 

"(y/n) love's Vanilla." he explains to him. 
 

"I do." you say. 
 

"WELL I LIKE VANILLA TOO! Another order of vanilla please." Vernon says.
 

It was Daniel's turn to order. "Can I have one chocolate mint?" he asks.
 

"Hmmm. I think I'll have a chocolate mint actually." you say. 
 

Vernon's face darkens. "What.. Really?" 
 

"Yeah, I wanna try something new you say to him." 
 

After waiting a couple of minutes for you ice cream you guys sat down at one of the table. 
 

"Is it good?" Daniels asks you.
 

"Very!" you say happily. 
 

"Aigoo. How childish." he says. "You have ice cream all over your face." Daniel sits up and reaches over to wipe the chocolate off your face. 
 

"Ommo, how dirty." Joshua says throwing tissues at Daniel. 
 

You and Daniel give a nasty look at Joshua.

"I'LL DO IT MYSELF." you say yanking the napkin away from him. 
 

"(y/n) I forget to tell you something." Daniel says. 
 

"What is it?" you say while your ice cream. 
 

"Come back to the states with me."