Chapter 27: Moving out

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

A/N: FINAL CHAPTER POSTED EITHER SUNDAY OR SATURDAY! <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*NEXT DAY* 

 

 

Slowly opening your eyes you were woken up by the bright sun light. You took the blanket and wrapped yourself around it. 
 

"You're not going to get up?" 

You rolled over again to see who it was. "Emily?" 

"Yeah, get up." she said yanking the blanket off of you.

You rolled back into ball from the sudden coldness. "LEAVE ME ALONNEEE." 

"No, you're going to get it up. Right now, like a big girl." she said while pulling you up. 

"Whaaattt." you hung your head. "Owe, why does my head so much." 

"Probably because you drank like there was no tomorrow last night." Emily explained. 

You looked at her confused. "Why would I drink last night?" you thought to yourself. Going back into your memory you tried to remember what happened last night. 

"I'll save you the trouble of trying to remember." she interrupted. "You and Vernon were having a fight, you guys ended up breaking up and here we are." 

"Why am I at your house then?" you ask. 

"Brian took you over here. He took your phone and called me, then I told him where I lived." 

You groaned and laid back down. 
"What happened between you and Vernon." 

"Don't know, caught him kissing another girl. Victoria or whatever her face is." you said with your face in the pillow. 
"The one hot girl Seungkwang was talking about?" Emily asked. 

You nodded your head. 

"Woah, totally ." 

You sat up and fixed your hair. "I don't know and I don't care. What time is it?" 

"It's 10 in the morning. And how could you not care? Are you serious?" 

"IT'S 10? I'M LATE FOR WORK THEN." 

"And school." Emily added. 

You hopped out of bed and ran around the room. 

"Calm down will you? I called the school and said you were sick, and Brian said you could come an hour or two later than usual." said Emily. 

"Really?" you flopped on the floor. "Thank god.. I'm not in the mood for anything right now." 

"Maybe because you have a major hangover and you just broke up with your boyfriend. But I'm curious about something.." 

"What." 

"Who broke it off first?" she asked. 

You sighed. "He did." 

"WHAT REALLY? I thought it'd be you." 

"Why me?" 

"I don't know, you lose your temper easily." 

"Yeahhhh. I LOSE IT EASILY." you say sarcastically. 
"I know Vernon can be a hot head sometimes but I'm sure he didn't mean it." 

"If he didn't mean it then he wouldn't have said it." standing back up you walked to the bathroom and started washing your face. 

Emily followed you. "Did you agree to it?" 

You stopped and thought for a second. 


*FLASH BACK* 

"LETS BREAK UP THEN.." 

*BACK TO REALITY* 

 

"I was drunk okay?" 

"Woahhhh, you did and you're saying it's his fault." 

"If you think about it, it really is. He doesn't tell me that he's going to have her over, then he kisses her right in front of my eyes. Not only that but he decides to break up after." 

"I'm sure he said "Let's break up." because he was in the moment. I'm sure he didn't mean too, he loves you (y/n). Everyone knows that, even you do." 

You heard what Emily said but ignored her. 

"Say something." 

You whipped your face off with a towel. "Can we talk about this later?" 
Emily had her arms crossed, expecting an answer. 

"Please?" you plead.

"Fine. But we're going back to this situation sooner or later." 

"Later would be nice." you respond. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON* 
 

"YAH! GET YOUR OUT OF BED WILL YOU!" shouted Dino. 

Vernon felt someone smack him in the . "STOP IT." he woke up to see all of the guys surrounding him. "Why're you guys here? WHAT TIME IS IT? AREN'T WE LATE FOR WORK?" he asked.

Jeonghan leaned in to sniff Vernon. "Ommo, that alcohol and beer smell." he pinched his nose. "It's 10, Brian said we could come an hour or two later." 

"Of course he'd smell like beer and alcohol. Look at this mess." Wonwoo said pointing at beer cans and bottles of Soju. 

"Will you guys get out of here." Vernon said hiding under his blanket. 

"UGHH. GET *WACK* YOUR *WACK* *WACK* UP!." Dino said hitting Vernon with a pillow. 

Vernon sat up frustratedly. "YAH! STOP." 

"Are you going to explain to us? Or are we going to explain to you." Woozi asked crossing his arms. 

"What's there to explain, what do you know?"

"So I guess we'll be explained." said S.Coups. 

Joshua was the one to tell Vernon. "So you and (y/n) broke up?" 

"YEAH SO WHAT! SHE WANTED TO." Vernon snapped. 

"Really? Did she want too, or did YOU want to." Added Wonowoo. 

Vernon sat in his bed with a blank face. 

"Emily told me Victoria came over. Why'd you kiss her?" Woozi asked.  

"She was the one who wanted to kiss me alright? I didn't do anything. Apparently (y/n) and BRIAN went somewhere last night, and came back TOGETHER. Her catching me wasn't my intention. Why am I always the bad guy?" 

Joshua explained what happened at the office yesterday. "(y/n) was assigned to a presentation, she needed more information and sources . Brian said he had some but it was at his house, so they decided after work to go get it. That's why she texted you yesterday too." 

"But Vernon and Victoria were also assigned a project to do together." Seungkwang added. 

"We were, she told me her schedule was packed for the whole day besides last night." said Vernon. 

"Brian told us she was upset and came back drunk and you guys started to argue." said The8. 
"Yeah she was drunk and mad. I tried to calm her down but she wouldn't listen to me. She wasn't sane, and wouldn't listen to me. All of the sudden she loses it too. I'm not sure why but I said let's break up." 

"AIIIIGGOOOO. TSK TSK. YOU SHOULD NEVER SAY THAT!" Dino scolded. "EVEN IF YOU'RE MAD YOU COULD'VE CONTROLLED YOURSELF. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED NOW." 

"SHE AGREED TO US BREAKING UP TOO!" Vernon yelled at Dino. 

 

Mingyu had broken up the conversation because he sensed it was getting bad. "Stop guys."

Vernon got out of bed and walked off into the bathroom. 

"Are you guys going to get back with each other then?" Seungkwang asked leaning against the door frame.

Vernon shrugged his shoulders. 
"BOY WHY IS YOU SHRUGGING YOUR SHOULDERS. LKE NOOOO! YOU GUYS ARE GETTING TOGETHER AGAIN. OR ELSE I'LL STEAL HER FOR MYSELF." Dino threatens with his spoon.

"Go ahead.." 
Everyone turned and looked at Vernon shocked. 

"Vernon are you being serious right now?" DK asked. 

"I think so.." responded Vernon. "Plus wouldn't be good if we split? Her and Brian would be a good match too. I mean he's always with her now if you guys have noticed." he said looking at everyone. 

"It's true that they're usually talking but that's different. You and (y/n) have a different relationship, they're just co-workers." said Mingyu. 

"Yeah, relationships can change. Me and (y/n) used to be friends but look at us now. Who says the same thing can't happen with her and Brian? They have so many possibilities and reasons to date each other. Also, don't you guys think I'm getting annoyed seeing them together all the time? He was the one save her in the chemistry lab, he's the one to help her get the job, he's the one who's been helping her at work. There's no space for me anymore.."

Joshua who was upset and shocked didn't say anything but look at Vernon upsetly. 

"Vernon, come on. You guys were both just heated up from the argument, (y/n) was drunk too, don't take her so seriously." Hoshi reminded him. 
Vernon walks out of the bathroom and sits on the bed. Everyone saw the look on his face and they weren't sure what he was thinking. He wasn't even sure what he was thinking. But after a couple of minutes of silence he finally spoke up. "I know she was drunk, and I know that we probably said those things because we were mad but still.. I don't know." 

"WHAT DO YOU NOT KNOW?" Dino shouted at Vernon. 

Jun pulled him away slightly from Vernon. 

"I don't know if we can continue our relationship." admitted Vernon. "I don't think I can do this with her anymore.." 

"Vernon, what're you saying." asked S.Coups. 

"We weren't supposed to be together in the first place. Haven't you guys noticed how much I hurt her?" he responds. 

DK disagreed with Vernon. "That's not true, there has been so many times where she's been happy because of you." 

"It's true that she's cried, and has been upset with you, but isn't that what love is all about? Going through ups and downs together?" added Woozi. "Me and Emily aren't always happy. We fight, and get annoyed at each other too." 

"I know Woozi, but it's something I don't want to deal with anymore." 

"IT? Did you just refer to (y/n) as it?" Hoshi said appalled. 

"I'm not trying to.. I just can't be in the relationship with her anymore.. I'm so tired." 

"Woah.. I can't believe this." Dino said leaving the room annoyed. 

Jeonghan, Jun, and Hoshi shook their head in disappointment and went with Dino. 

"Is it because you don't love her anymore?" Joshua asked suddenly. 

Vernon wasn't sure, he was so upset that he always made you upset. He's mad at himself for not making you happier. "No, it's not that. I'll always love her, but right now I don't know.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*LATER AT WORK* 

You sat at your desk with a major headache. You felt sick to your stomach, you kept wanting to throw up. Looking around a few times your eyes caught with Vernon's but you guys turned away as soon as you made contact.

"Too much to drink last night?" Brian said walking up to you with a bottle of water. 

You gratefully accepted the water. "Thanks." you say opening and chugging it. 

"Drink slower, you might joke." 

You finished the whole entire bottle cleanly and whipped your mouth. "Sorry about last night. I feel so embarrassed." you admit. 

"Aha, don't worry about it. We all need to get drunk sometimes right?" 

You laughed awkwardly. 

"Do you want to go get lunch later? I'll buy you some soup, maybe that'll help." 

"No no. It's okay, my presentation is tomorrow I want to work on it." 

"About that, I got an extra day for you. I knew how tired you'd be so I asked my dad and he was fine with it. But he said he expect it to be perfect then." 
You were so glad to hear that. The last thing you would want to do is work on the presentation. "Thank you so much. You don't know how happy." 

"If you're so grateful then repay me with a lunch?" 

You nodded your head. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH VERNON* 
 

"Morning." Victoria said sitting on Vernons desk. 

He looked up to see her. "Morning." 

"So how's the presentation looking?" she asks. 

"It's good. We got a lot done last night so I'm finishing it up quickly." 

"Ahh, that's good." 

"Yeah.." 

Victoria leaned in and sniffed Vernon. "Did you drink last night?" 

He took his shirt and smelled it himself, he cupped his hands together and checked his breathes. He still smelled like alcohol and beer. "Ah.. yeah."

"Were you drinking alone?" 

"Yeah.." 

"You could've called me. I would've been glad to be your drinking buddy." 

"Oh, no. I wouldn't ask you." Vernon says. 

"Anyways, how come you were drinking last night? Bad break up? Stress? Family?" Victoria said curiously. 

"Breakup.." he responded. 

"I'm sorry." she said awkwardly. "Was it because she saw me and you together?" 

"Sort of.." 

Victoria stood up, "Do you want me to talk to her?" 

"No, no. It's okay. Break ups are meant to happen right?" said Vernon. 

"I guess so. Do you want to go out to lunch today? I'll buy you something to help with your hangover." 

Vernon refused her offer because he wanted to go home and get some medicine during lunch. "No it's fine. Maybe some other time." 

"Come on, since you and your girlfriend are broken up wouldn't it be okay for us to be together?" 

Vernon thought about what she said. "Since you and your girlfriend are broken up wouldn't it be okay for us to be together?" He thought about the same words over and over again, he finally made up his mind. 
"I'll meet you at the front?" he said. 
Victoria smiled and went back to work. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BACK TO YOU*

 

While making copies in the printing room you ran into Vernon. You guys looked at each other and didn't say anything. After finishing your stuff you walked away quickly, but you walked into the table and dropped all of your papers. You quickly bent down to pick them up, Vernon saw you and walked over. He was about to help you until Joshua walked in and helped you instead. As Joshua was picking up the papers he looked up at Vernon signalling him to leave. 

"Thanks." you saw standing up fixing your skirt. 

"Your welcome, are you okay?" Joshua asks you. 

"I'm fine." 

"Are you guys doing ok?" 

"We're over. What else is ok?" 
Joshua patted you on the shoulder. 

Putting on a fake smile you said, "It's okay. Things like this happen." 

He gave you one last smile and left. 

 

Later during lunch you and Brian met each other at the front of the building. 

"Ready?" he asks. 

"Ready." 

You guys were walking to the restaurant nearby, running into Victoria and Vernon. 

"Oh hey Brian." Victoria greets him. 

"Hi." Brian answers. 

You looked at Vernon unsure of what to say.

"Are you guys getting lunch together?" she asks. 

"Yeah we are. Are you guys?" asks Brian. 

Vernon looked at you, but you kept your head low. 

"(y/n) can we speak for a minute?" Vernon says grabbing your arm. 

Brian and Victoria watching you guys walk off. 
 

Vernon sat you down at one of the benches. 

"What is it?" you ask refusing to make eye contact. 

"This is really awkward isn't it?" he asks with his hand on his hips. 

You didn't say anything. 

"Because it's awkward for me, and it's awkward for you." said Vernon. 

"So what? This awkwardness will fade sooner or later. Right?" you said raising your head at his. 

"That's right." he responds. 

"So don't worry about you. You and Victoria can go back and enjoy your lunch together." 

"You can do the same with Brian." he says annoyed. "How funny. We're already seeing different people." 

"Why does it matter to you?" you ask coldly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH BRIAN AND VICTORIA*
 

While waiting for you and Vernon to get back, Brian and Victoria found a place to sit down and talk. 


"It's been awhile hasn't it?" Victoria says.

"It has." responds Brian. 

"The last time we saw or bothered even talking to each other way when we broke up." 

Brian didn't say anything. 

"So how're you doing with (y/n)?" she asks. 

"We're fine. But nothing serious yet.."

"Same with me and Vernon. I'm hoping that we'll go farther in our relationship." 

"That's nice.." Brian responds. 

"You know thanks to me you're able to have her?" she says.

"I guess you still haven't changed.." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AFTER LUNCH* 

After you and Brian finish your meal you guys walked back to the company. 

"Do you feel better eating that?" he asks you. 

"Yeah, much better." you reply. 

"(y/n) can I ask you something?" 

"Go ahead." you say while continuing to walk. 

"Do you want to go on a date with me tonight?" 

You were taken back by Brian's offer. "Uh-uhhm.." 

"It's okay if you don't want to.. This might be a little too soon to ask you." 

You were unsure of what to say, but if you didn't start moving on now it would be a longer process. "Sure." 

"Ahhh I knew it- Wait what? Did you say yes?" Brian asks shocked. 
You chuckled. "Yeah, I'll see you here after work." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AFTER WORK* 

As the day started to end you got  a bit nervous for your date. 

"Need a ride?" Emily asked. 

"No, I'm good. I'm going on a date with Brian." you saw fixing your desk. 

"Woah, already?" 

"I guess so." you say coyly. 

"Well good luck. Tell me the details after?" 

"I will." you tell her. 
 

You and Brian met at your usual spot in the front. 

"Ready for our date?" 

"Yup!" you say anxiously. 

 

During the car ride you asked him where you guys were going but Brian said that it would be a surprise and he didn't want you to know. 

"Tell meeee." you begged. 

"I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait ok?" 

"But please. My curiosity is killing me." 

"We're an hour away that's all I'm telling you." 

Your eyes got wide. "AN HOUR AWAY? WHERE ARE GOING THAT'S SO FAR?" 

"Shhh, just wait." Brian said while keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Ommo, I feel like I'm being kidnapped." 

"Hey you agreed to this kidnapping then." 

You guys started laughing. 
 

*AN HOUR LATER* 

 

You didn't notice that you fell asleep in the car until Brian woke you up. 
 

"(y/n) get up." Brian said shaking you softly. 
You opened your eyes right away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." you say fixing yourself. "Where are we?" 

Brian got out and opened the door for you, looking at your surroundings you guys were on the beach. 

"You drove all the way out here?" you ask walking in the sand. 

"Why not? Our first day should be special right?" 

You smiled at him. 

"Let's sit down." he says finding a spot in the sand. 

You sat down next to him. No one said anything for the next five to ten minutes. Looking at the stars and your surroundings you got a flashback from when you and Vernon were together. Although you tried suppressing the thoughts they kept coming back. While sitting there a car suddenly comes down the beach. You were watching people set up a table and plates on it. 

"What's going on?" you ask Brian.

"Our dinner date." he says. 
"A dinner on the beach?" 

"Yup, it might be cheesy, but I thought it was nice." he explains. "Do you not like it?"

"Of course not. I do." 

"That's good." Brian went to the table and pulled out a chair for you. 
Walking over you sat down. 
While eating your dinner you guys got to know each other a lot more. He learned stuff about you that he didn't know, and you learned stuff about him that you didn't know. After dinner you guys decided to go home because it was dark outside. 

While walking on the sand you forgot to take your heels off and tripped. 

"(y/n)! Are you okay?" Brian asks worriedly. 

"I'm fine." you tried standing up but your ankles felt weird. 

Brian takes your heels off suddenly and gets in a piggy back position. "Here get on." 

"Noooo it's okay." you say sitting on the sand still. 

"Come on (y/n). Your ankles hurt, just get on for now." 

"I can walk, I'm fine."

"Whatever either ways I want you to get on." Brian walked closer to you and carried you.

You were shocked by Brian carrying you all of the sudden. You were about to fall so you wrapped your arms around his neck. 

"See? Isn't this better than arguing with me? 
Brian piggy back riding you gave brought back flashbacks from when Vernon did it and dropped you down the stairs. You couldn't help but laugh. 

"What're you laughing at?" he asked snapping you back to reality. 

After a two hour car drive you finally reached your house. Looking at the time it was already two o'clock in the morning. 
 

"Was tonight fun?" Brian asks you. 

You nodded your head. "Very." 

"It was really fun for me too." Brian reached over and took your hand. 

"Brian.." 

"(y/n).. this might sound shameful because you and Vernon just broke up." 

You stopped him from finishing his sentence. "I know what you're about to say." 

"Ah.. and I'm guessing you know the answer as well?" Brian said discouraged. 

"Yeah I do." 

"You don't look so good, I know I shouldn't have done this." he says releasing your hands. 

"I'm sorry, could you give me more time?" you ask him. 

"Take all the time you need.." 

"Thanks." 

"You better go now." he says getting out of the car and opening your door. 

Getting out of the car you gave him a hug. "I'm really thankful for you." 

You let go of the hug and walked to the house. 

"(Y/N)!" Brian called your name. 

"What is it?" you say turning around. 
"Remember how you said you'd grant me a wish?" 

You nod your head. "Yeah." 

"Could you not live with him anymore? Can't you come to me instead.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*THE NEXT MORNING* 
 

As the sun peeked through the curtains Vernon woke up. Walking downstairs he noticed that you weren't there. "Must've been out all night with him.." he said to himself. 
 

Walking back upstairs he saw you sitting in the closet. 

"You're back?" he asks standing at the door. 

"I've been back." you say folding your clothes. 
"Are you going somewhere?" he peeked over to see that you were putting your clothes in a suitcase. "Woahhh are you going to his house?" 

You didn't say anything. 

"That's good that you're leaving. That's what should be happening right? I have a girlfriend now, and you have a boyfriend so it'd be weird for us to be together still." 

Him and Victoria are dating now... You thought to yourself. 

"We're not dating." you say standing up. 

"Yahhhhh, don't lie. There's no need to lie." Vernon said sarcastically. 

"I'm not." you turned around to face him. 

"Then why would you be moving in with him?" 

You ignored Vernon and walked out the door but he pushed you back in the room. 

"WE HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN BROKE UP FOR A WEEK AND YOU'RE ALREADY MOVING IN WITH ANOTHER MAN." 

You felt your blood beginning to boil. 

"Why aren't you saying anything? Embarrassed you got caught?" Vernon chuckled. 

"What a jerk." you sneered trying to leave the room. 

He grabbed your armed and pulled you back in the room. 

"AREN'T YOU ACTING A LITTLE SHAMELESS HERE?!" he yelled at you. 

Unable to stand his attitude anymore you slapped him across the face. Vernon was shocked that you just hit him. You were also shocked. 

"What do you know..."