Chapter 26: Let's break up..

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

"WAKE UP! MRS.(Y/N)!" 
 

Someone was shaking you violently and calling your name. You fell asleep apparently, opening your eyes you were in the copy room. 
 

"Huh?" you said whipping the drool off your face. "WAS EVERYTHING A DREAM?" you thought to yourself.
"MRS. (Y/N)! THIS IS YOUR SECOND DAY AND YOU'RE ALREADY FALLING ASLEEP?" your boss said angrily. 

You stood up in panic and fixed your clothes. "Oh, I'm so sorry. This won't happen again." you bowed in a ninety degree angle. 
"What's going on?" Brian said walking in. 

"I caught her asleep! I should report her to Mr.Park." 

Your eyes got wide. "NO PLEASE. I PROMISE THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO." 

Brian wasn't sure what was happening but he tried to get everything under control. "Mrs.Min I am sure that (y/n) was nervous about her first day of work so she didn't get enough sleep." 

You nodded pleadingly. "YES! I'M SO SORRY. PLEASE DON'T REPORT IT TO MR.PARK."you bowed again and again. 

"Mrs.Min I'm sure accidents like this have happened to you too, so please don't speak like that to her." 

Your boss was upset by how Brian was being so disrespectful to her. "There has been incidents but NOT FALLING ASLEEP ON THE JOB." 

Someone else had entered the copying room. "Aigoo! What is all this yelling?" 
"AH! MR.PARK." Mrs.Min said in a panic. "THIS GIRL FELL ASLEEP ON HER SECOND DAY OF WORK!" she tattled on you. 
"Ahh I see." he said examining you.

You put your head down in embarrassment.
"Accidents happen, please let her off this once." Brian said to Mr.Park. 

"Hmm.. if my son says so, then I guess it's okay." 

You were confused on why Mr.Park said son. "Son?" 

"Looks like she doesn't know yet." Mrs.Min sneered. 

Brian explained to you that Mr.Park was actually his dad. "The thing is that, Mr.Park is actually my dad. And he owns Fledis." 

"Ohhhh." you say trying to hid your expression. 

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you." his dad said putting his hand out.

You took it and shook his hands. "It's nice to meet you too sir. I promise something like this won't ever happen again." 

"It's okay, I fell asleep on my first day of work !" Mr.Park joked. 

"You did? My dad?" Brian said surprised 

"I have my days." he responded. "Well Mrs.Min, you can leave now. Let's just forgot today's incident ever happened." 

She stomped away angrily. 

"Well, I'll let you guys get back to work." he said leaving. 

You and Brian were left alone in the room. 

"Why did you tell me your dad was the OWNER OF FLEDIS!" you said hitting him. 

"Ow!" Brian flinched. "I was just worried you'd see me differently." 

"NOW I DO." 

"Don't, you aced that interview on your own okay? I didn't do anything." 

"Except everything. Finishing my poster, helping me survive my first day, getting me out of this situation, PLUS GETTING ME OUT ALIVE IN THE CHEMISTRY LAB!" 

"Coincidence." he responded. 

"Coincidence my ."you said. "But thanks for everything. I owe you a lot. Whatever you need I'm there. " 

"Hmmm, so are you saying you'll grant me a wish?" Brian said mischievously. 

You thought about what he said for a second. "Something like that." 

"Alright, keep your word then." he said sticking his pinky out. "Pinky promise."

You took your pinky and hooked it around his. 

"Seal it." said added. 

"There, happy?" you said meeting his thumb. 

"I'm happy now." he said with a toothy smile. "Let's get back to work now." 

"Yeah."

 

You guys went your separate ways and started working again. While working your dream suddenly comes back to you. You only remembered some pieces of it. Brian confessed that he liked you, and you got drunk. That was all you knew. "Tsk, that's weird.." you said to yourself. 
 

*AFTER WORK* 

As the day wrapped up you started to clean up your desk.  

"Need a ride home?" Brian said peeking out behind your desk. 

"Aha, not it's okay." 

"Are you sure? I always have extra seats in my cry." 

"Yeah I'm fine." 

"Is Vernon picking you up?" he asks. 

"Yeah." 

Brian changed his face expression. "Ahh, I see. Well let's walk down together at least." 

You agreed to that. You grabbed your bag and turned off your desk lamp and walked to the elevator. 
 

"How do you like this job so far?" Brian asked. 

"Hmm, it's okay. More tiring than I thought it would be." you explain. 

"Yeah, it can get pretty boring too. But once you get used to it days like this will fly by." 

"Hopefully." you said. 
 

The elevator door dinged, signaling for you guys to get off. As soon as you walked outside, you saw Vernon waiting for you. 
 

"Babe!" he said running up to give you a kiss on the cheek. 

You took his hand and held it. "Hey." 

Brian didn't say anything, he only watching you guys. "Well, since Vernon's here I'll get going now." 

Vernon's attitude changed towards Brian. "Yeah, you can leave now." 

"See you tomorrow (y/n)." he waved you goodbye. 

"See you tomorrow." you respond. 

 

Vernon walked you to the car and drove home. 

"So how's the second day?" he asks. 

"It's okay." you say. "Brians been helping me out a lot." 

"He has, has he." Vernon said weirdly. 

"Why? Jealous?" you blatantly said. 

"Yah, how could you just something like that." he said surprised. 

You looked at him "Cause I know you, and you're jealous right now." 

"Yeah, so what if I am?" Vernon admits. "I don't see you at work so who knows what he's doing. What if he tried to seduce you?" 

Your bursted out laughing. "Woahh, do you not trust me? Plus why would Brian SEDUCEEEEEE ME." 
"I don't know. First, he saves you from the chemistry lab, he takes you too your interview, his dad is the owner of Fledis, so everything seems weird doesn't it?" Vernon explains. 

"No it's not weird. You're weird. Brian would never like me, especially since he knows that we're dating." 

"Still, a man will do anything it takes to get a girl." 
"Aigoo.. just stop being so childish will you. If you want to keep an eye on me then why don't you get a job here?"  

"Should I?" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*THE NEXT DAY AT WORK* 

 

The next day of work was the same as usual, nothing different. You were running around making copies and stirring coffee cups for your seniors. Your feet started to hurt once again from the stupid heels. Luckily you were on your thirty minute break. 
 

"Tired?" 

You opened you eyes to see that it was Brian. "Very." 
"Here drink this." he hands you a bottle of vitamins. 

"Thanks." you say opening the bottle and drinking it. 

"We have someone new joining us today apparently." he announces. "Actually a whole group of people." 

"A group of people? Who?" 

"Not sure, they're supposed to be here soon though." he explains. 

The elevator door dings. 

Brian points at the elevator door and says, "That must be them." 

You turned your head to look at the elevator opening. It was the whole entire group standing there. 
"SURPRISEEEEEEEEE." Dino said running towards you. 

"Hey (y/n)." S.Coups greeted you. 
"Uhmm.. I'm confused." you said furrowing your eyebrows. 

"WE'RE GOING TO BE WORKING WITH YOU NOW!!" Hoshi exclaimed. 

"Uhmm.. Why?" 

"BECAUSE WE'RE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER, DUHHHH." Dino said jumping up and down.

"Okay, seriously why're you all here?" you asked confused. 
Jeonghan was the first to explain. "Vernon said that we should all work together with you."

"He said that it would be fun." added Seungkwang.

"Plus, then we'd get to hang out together too!" said The8. 

You looked at Vernon. "Really? I didn't mean what I said yesterday." 

"Well, too bad. We're all working together now so cheer up." Vernon responds. 

"I'm glad that we're all working together but I'm just so surprised that you guys would ACTUALLY do it." you said. 

"WELL WE'RE HERE WITH YOU NOW. SO DEAL WITH IT! PLUS I GET TO WATCH OUT FOR MY GIRL." Dino said excitedly. 

"You guys better start working then." Brian interrupted. "What if my dad comes?" 

"Dad?" said Woozi. 

You forgot that they didn't know that Brian's dad owned Fledis. "Mr.Park is Brian's dad, and he owns this building." you explain. 

"Your dad has switched to this field?" Joshua asks Brian. 

"Yeah, I'm surprised he did." answered Brian. "But either ways, you guys should get to work." 

 

Mrs.Min came to assist the whole group. Everyone was split up into their own little cubicle. Through out the whole day you noticed how frazzled everyone was. Especially Emily, she got in trouble for putting salt instead of sugar in Mrs.Mins coffee, Dino also jammed the printer machine and made 10000 copies instead of 10. The other thing you noticed was how a lot of your female co-workers were swooning over Vernon. Throughout the day you would hear them say things like, "Ommo he's so handsome. I hope he thinks I'm attractive." or things like, "That new guy Vernon is so hot. Hopefully he'll notice me." 
 

"Hey hey." 

You looked over your desk to see Vernon. "What're you doing here?" 

"I don't know, visiting my girlfriend?" he responds.

"You should get back to work." you said looking around. "What if Mrs.Min catches us." 

"Don't worry she won't. I'll go back to work now though if you're so scared." 

"Go go." you shooed him away. 

"Oh yeah, let's all have lunch together later." Vernon suggests. 

You nodded him a yes. "Okay, now go!" 

*DURING LUNCH*

For lunch you guys decided to go get some street food. 

"THIS JOB IS A LOT MORE TIRING THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE." said Hoshi. 

Dino nodded his head in agreement while eating his kimbap. "I KNOW RIGHT. I'M SO FREAKING FRUSTRATED TOO! I THOUGHT I COULD SIT THERE ALL DAY AND STARE AT (Y/N)." 

"Woahh.. You're absolutely clueless." Emily teased Dino. 

"Vernon you're really popular with the ladies." said Seungkwang. "I was hoping that would be me, but I always hear your name in their mouthes." 

"DANG IT." Jeonghan said. 

"What? What is it?" S.Coups asks worriedly. 

"I forgot a spoon for my soup." 

"OH HERE." Dino said casually pulling out a spoon. 

Jeonghang looked at him weirdly. "Well thank you." he said grabbing the spoon. 

"Uhmm okay.. Back to what I was saying." said Seungkwang. "Have you seen that really hot girl Victoria?" 

"OH YEAH. I WAS LIKE DAMNNN GIRL." Hoshi said spitting his food everywhere. 

"DUDE. CHILL." Emily said whipping rice off her face. 

"I heard her talk about Vernon. " said Jun. 

Looking at Vernons face he didn't care. 

"She can say what ever but I don't care." Vernon said while finishing his food. 

"Woahh, what a man." Emily said nudging you. 

"Psh, he's a baby. What man." you teased.

"HEY I'M A MANNNN." Dino said raising his hands.

Emily started laughing. "Please, we all know you're a baby." 

 

You guys continued making fun of Dino. Sooner or later you guys had to go back to work. 

*BACK AT WORK*
 

~WITH VERNON~ 

Vernon was assigned to a statistics presentation. He needed files from the documents room so he went in to look. But since it was his first day he wasn't sure which cabinet to look in. 


"Need help?" 
"Uh.. Yes please." he said scratching his head. 

"My names Victoria." the girl introduced herself. 
"Ahh, so you're Victoria." 

"Have you heard about me before?" she asks. 

"One of my friends was checking you out earlier." 

Victoria chuckled. "Haha, really?" 

"Yeah. Could you show me where the files are?" 

"Sure thing." Victoria opened one of the cabinets and picked through the papers until she found the right one. "Here you go." she said handing him the file. 

"Thanks. I'll see you around then." he says leaving. 

"Would you like to have lunch with me tomorrow?" 

"Sorry, I'm having lunch with my girlfriend." 

Victoria's face darkened. "Oh you have a girlfriend?" 
"Yeah, she works here too. Her name is (y/n)." 

"Ahh, I've heard of her." says Victoria. 

"You have?" 

"I hear rumors about her." 

"Rumors like?" 

"I thought Brian was her boyfriend, things have been going around saying that they're dating." she explains. 

Vernon politely says, "I see.. But I'm her boyfriend, and we're dating. So, it'd be nice if you could tell your friends that, that isn't true." 

"How're you so sure that they aren't dating?" 

Vernon was about to leave but turns around and speaks to her. "Because she's my girlfriend and I trust her." after that he left  her standing there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BACK TO YOU* 
 

"(y/n)!" Brian called your name. "We're having a meeting soon and you need to do a presentation." 

"On what?" you asked. 

"Our viewers and ratings." 

"Ahh, I see. Thanks for telling me." 

"No problem." he says. "Do you want any help?" 

"No I'm okay, thanks for the offer." you say starting to work. 

"Okay, well tell me if there's anything I can do for you." 

"Will do." 

As Brian was about to leave he turned around again. "Oh yeah, have you heard the rumors?" 

"Rumors?" you said curiously. 

"I don't know, some people have told me that they saw Vernon and Victoria in the file room together. Seems like they were doing something secretive in there." he explains. 

"What do you mean secretive? She could've been helping him." 

"Yeah, that or they're up to something." 

You didn't want to believe what Brian was saying. "Vernon's not like that. I know him he's my boyfriend I trust him." 

"Wow, your relationship is really strong then." he praises. 

"I guess it is." 

"Well things can happen in relationships (y/n). You do know that right?" 

"Yeah, but Vernon would never." you said sternly. "Can you please go now? I need to start on my presentation." you said turning to your computer. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON* 

"Hey Vernon!" Seungkwang called. 
"What is it?" he asks. 

"I heard you and Victoria were talking." 

"Yeah? And?" 

"Did she say anything?" Seungkwang asked. 

"Nothing important." Vernon responds. 

"Oh, that's boring." said Seungkwang. "ANyWAYS Mrs.Min told me that she's assigning you to work with a partner or the presentation." 

"Who? Is it one of you guys?" 

"Not quite. It's actually Victoria." 

Vernons face went blank. "Why not someone else?" 

"Because she has the most experience with presentations and you're a newbie, so apparently you need help." 

"Hm.. Ok." Vernon said. 

"I guess you heard the announcement already." Victoria said appearing. 

"Mhm." 

"Well I'll leave you guys to work." Seungkwang said awkwardly. 

Victoria sat down on Vernon's chair. "So when you want to work on it together?" 

"Whenever works for me." 

"How about tonight?" she says. 

"Why not now." he asks. 

"I have to go work on something else right now. I don't think I'll have time besides tonight." 
"Hm, I guess that's fine." Vernon said. "How about you come to my house tonight?" 

"You're house?" Victoria said shocked.

"Yeah. Or we can go to yours." he suggests. 

"No, my house is messy. Yours is fine." 

"Give me your number so I can text you the address then. " Vernon said taking his phone out. 
Victoria takes his phone out of his hands and puts her number in. 

"I'll be right back. Let me go make a copy of the guidelines." he says leaving her to wait. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BACK TO YOU* 

 

"Joshuaaaaaaa." you whined. 

"Yes?" he says spinning around on his chair. 

You were so frustrated that you could pull your hair out. Presentations are definitely not your thing. "DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT REVIEWS AND RATINGS." 

"No, not really. It's my first day at work what do you expect."

You put your head in arms in anger. 

"OMMO WHY IS (Y/N) LIKE THAT?" Dino says running up to Joshua. 

"She's just frustrated from work right now." 

"(Y/N) DO YOU NEED MY HELP?! I CAN DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. I HAVE ALL THE SPOONS IN THE WORLD IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOU." 

You put your head back up and looked at Dino. "Do you know anything about reviews and ratings? Any sources I can use? ANYTHING?"

Dino looked away awkwardly and scratched his head. "Not quite? IT'S MY FIRST DAY AT WORK." 

"GAHHHHHH." you said dropping your head on the table. 

Brian saw the states you were in and decided to help you. "I have sources. Do you need them?" 

"YOU DO?!" you said sitting up right away. "PLEASE I NEED THEM." 

"But I don't have them with me." 

You dropped your head back down the table. "How am I going to get this done." you mumbled. 

"But I do have them at home." 

Joshua and Dino looked at him curiously. 

"You can come to my house to get them." says Brian. 

"Why can't you just give them to me tomorrow?" he asks. 

"Because I need to return the papers tomorrow." 

"Ohh really?" you say glumly. "I guess I can come get them after work." 

"Sounds good. I'll meet you at the front door later." 

As soon as Brian was clear Dino was the first one to say something. 

"THAT GUYS IS REAAALLLLLLLLLYYYY SUSPICIOUS. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO COME TO HIS HOUSE?" 

"Dino, calm down. He just said that he has to return the documents tomorrow so he wouldn't be able to give it to her." explains Joshua. "I'm sure he doesn't have any bad intentions. Although he's been acting strange lately he's my friend so I know him." 

"HERE (Y/N) TAKE THIS SPOON JUST IN CASE." Dino says pulling out a fork. "OOPS WRONE ONE. FORKS WON'T HURT ANYONE. SPOONS WILL DO THE JOB." 

"Ahah, it's okay Dino. I won't need it." you said while laughing. 

"Aren't you going home with Vernon tonight?" Joshua reminds you. "And since you're going with Brian you should probably text him." 

"Ahh you're right." 

You pulled out your phone and sent him a quick message. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON*
 

As Vernon was making copies still Victoria was in charge of is phone. She saw that you had sent him a message. 

 

 

*DING DING* 

 

Message- Babe <3 6:09 p.m: I'll be home late today, I need to go over to Brian's house to get some papers. 
 

"Hmm? Going over to Brians? Just for papers?" Victoria thought to herself. "Maybe these too actually have something going on." she decides to text back for Vernon. 

 

Message- You 6:11 p.m: Okay, come back before 9. 

Message- Babe <3 6:12 p.m: Why before 9?

Message- You 6:13 p.m: Just because. OK?

Message- Babe <3 6:14 p.m: Uhm okay then. 

 

Just at that moment Vernon came back and Victoria deletes the message. 

"Here are the guidelines and some other things I made copies of." Vernon said handing her the paper.s 

"Oh? Okay, thanks." Victoria says taking them. "(y/n) said she'd be home late by the way." 
"She did?" Vernon said checking his phone. He looked down and only saw the "I'll be home late today." 

"Oh okay. Thanks for telling me." he said. 

"I'll see you tonight." Victoria says standing up and leaving. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AFTER WORK* 
 

Later after work ended everyone said their goodbyes and left. You and Brian met as planned at the front of the building. 
 

"Ready?" he asks. 

"Yeah." 

As you arrive at his house he invites you in. The outside of his house was nice, it looked like he took care of his garden and lawn. The inside was very clean and tidy as well, everything had it's own spot to go. 
 

"I'll be right back let me get the papers." he said leaving to his room. 

You were left there to wander for a few moments.
 

"Here you go!" 

"Thanks, this will definitely help me." you said happily. 

"Alright, ready to go home?" Brian asks. 

 

You looked at the clock and it was 8:37 p.m "Yeah." you say. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH VERNON AT HOME*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*DING DONG*
 

Vernon goes and opens the door expecting Victoria. 

"Hey!" she greets him. 

"Hi, come in." Vernon says gesturing her in the house. 

 

The boy set up their laptops and pulls out their documents and files. 

"I'm going to leave at 9 by the way." Victoria tells him. 

"Oh, I'm fine with that. We'll be able to get a lot done in that period of time." 
 
As the hour flew by it was already 9. 

"I should probably leave now." she says standing up.

Vernon was satisfied looking at their work. "Yeah, let me walk you out the door." 
He walked Victoria out of the door and said their goodbyes.  

"I'm glad that we were able to get a lot of work done." said Vernon.

"Yeah me too." she agrees.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Uhmm, can I tell you something?" asks Victoria. "I know it's wrong for me to say this because you have a girlfriend but I'm starting to like you.." 

"Listen Victoria, thanks but I can-" 

She hugged Vernon before he could finish his sentence. "I'm usually not the one to say this but I actually am starting to like you. I don't know how to explain but when you walked into the office I was attracted to you..." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BACK TO YOU AND BRIAN* 

You guys were pulling up to your house. 
"Alright, well I'll drop you off here." Brian says parking his car.

You were about to get out of the car until her held you back. "What's wrong?" you ask him confused. 

"Look.." Brian points to the front of your house. Turning to look you saw Vernon and someone kissing. 

"Victoria?" Brian murmured. He turned around to look at your face. "(y/n).. are you sure you want to go home?" 

You weren't sure what to say. This has happened to you numerous times and you were starting to get sick of it.

Brian buckled your seat belt again. "Here, I'll take you out for a drive." 

You didn't refuse or deny his offer. 

 

 

He drove you to a street food booth.
"Are you hungry?" 

"No..." you said sadly. 

"AHJUMMA ONE BOTTLE OF SOJU PLEASE!" Brian shouted. 

The lady came out with two drinking cups and a bottle of Soju. 

"What's this for?" 

Brian poured you a drink. "At times like this, drinking your feelings away is the best." he handed you the glass. 
You hesitated for a second but then drank all of it in one go. "POUR ME ANOTHER ONE." 

After what seems like to be 50 shots you decided that was enough. "TAKE ME HOMEEEE" you said slurring your words. 

"You're drink now aren't you." Brian says examining you. 

"I WANT TO GO HOME!" you said slamming a fist on the table. 

"Alright, alright." He carried you into the car and took you home. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON* 
As soon as Victoria left he went inside to think. "Oh no.... I just kissed another girl..." he thought to himself. 
He was thinking on how he was going to explain this to you. Looking at the time Vernon noticed it was past midnight but you weren't home yet.

*DING DONG*

 

He ran to open the door hoping that it was you. 

"(Y/N)!" 

"YAH! YOU JERK!" 

Vernon wasn't sure what was happening but he saw Brian carry you. 

"DO YOU THINK I WOULDN'T SEE YOU WITH ANOTHER GIRL?!" you screamed in his face. "I SAW YOU TWO KISSING AND HUGGING." 
"She's sort of drunk." Brian explained. 

"I'M SO ING SICK OF YOUR BULLSH*T. YOU'RE ALWAYS WITH OTHER GIRLS. YOU DON'T EVER SAY NO OR TELL THEM TO BACK OFF. YOU HAVE A MOUTH, YOU CAN USE IT!" you shouted. 

Vernon was trying to control his anger. "Come inside. Ok? I'll explain." he said taking your hand.

"NO GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME! I DON'T WANT WHAT ANOTHER GIRL HAS TOUCHED." 

Vernon lost it. "DO YOU THINK I WANT THIS TO BE HAPPENING?! DON'T YOU THINK I GET UPSET WHENEVER I SEE YOU WITH BRIAN? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THEY'RE RUMORS GOING AROUND ABOUT YOU TWO?" 

Brian looked shocked at what was happening right now.

"WE ARGUE OVER THIS SH*T ALL THE TIME AND I'M SICK OF IT!" you said tears slowly building up. 

"DON'T JUST BLAME IT ON ME! YOU DO THIS TOO, AND SO AM I! I'M SICK OF IT!" he shouted back. 

You started to cry in frustration. "FINE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?!" you asked.

"LET'S BREAK UP THEN!!!" 

You weren't expecting for him to go that far. "What? Break up?" 

Brian was trying to stop everything from getting worse. "Guys.." 

You interrupted him. 

"LETS BREAK UP THEN..."