Chapter 13: Kidnapped

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

"Dude why're you getting married all of the sudden?" Wonwoo asked. 
"We thought that since I'll be busy with the company, and since Lilly isn't able to walk. He should be with her full time. Also, Joshua was suppose to be my son in law years ago but we left to the states and our plans weren't carried out. Now that they're back together we can continue everything according to plan." 

"Joshua.. is this true?" you asked. 
He looked at everyone in the room and then at you. "It is.." he said. 

"No, this isn't right." Emily said. 
"What isn't right." Mrs. Lee asked. 
"Why would Joshua just get married to Lilly all of the sudden and leave (y/n) in the middle of their relationship. None of this makes ANY sense." 

"It's because he loves me again." Lilly said. "Right?" she looked at Joshua. 
He gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Of course. I always loved you." 

"Joshua, have you gone crazy?" Vernon asked. 

"No. Reality just hit me." he said. 

"I'm sure he's gone mad." Dino said.

"I second that." S.Coups butted in. 
" Are you sure you want to get married? To herrrrrrr? That girrrrllll?" Dino said pointing to Lilly.
"I thought you guys would support me. I fell down the cliff for her, I sacrificed my life for her. Can't she sacrifice him for me?" 
Joshua knew loud and clear the truth but he couldn't say anything. 

"If you guys are done talking can you leave. Me and Joshua need time together." Lilly said. 

Everyone was walking out until Emily wanted to say something. 
"WAIT." 

"What now?!" Lilly's mom whined. 

"Don't you and Joshua have those couple bracelets?" Emily asked you.

"Yeah.." you said. 
"DON'T YOU NEED THE KEYS TO UNLOCK THAT?" Hoshi said.

"Yeah! On the balcony Joshua even said that until he unlocks it (y/n) can't leave his side!" The8 says. 

"Joshua, do you have the key with you?" Lilly asks Joshua.

Joshua pulls out the necklace from his neck with the key dangling from it. 

"Unlock it." Lilly says fiercely.

Joshua obeys and stands up walking towards you. He grabs your hand and holds it for a second.

"WHAT'RE YOU WAITING FOR." Lilly said raising her voice.

As Joshua reaches for the bracelet you could feel the tears fill the rim of your eyes. 

"Joshua.. Are you sure you want to do this?" Vernon asks giving him a look to remind him of their talk earlier. 

He hesitates for a moment.

"Who are you?" Dino says angrily walking out of the room. 

Wonwoo and Mingyu runs out with him.

"When we think you're our friend you do something out of the blue .." Jun says disappointedly trailing behind Dino. 

"Common Joshua.. Don't do it." Hoshi says. 

In a quick motion Joshua unlocks the bracelet from your wrist and let's it drop to the floor, along with your tears. Joshua fixes his expression and looks at you. It wasn't him, his eyes looked darker and colder. Not that light hazel color that you always saw. 

"Forget everything. Also don't tell anyone about what we did, and don't go around telling people that we've dated. That's all gone now. "US" never happened." he said unlocking his bracelet and throwing it to the ground. 

"What a jerk." Emily spat. "Let's go." she says pulling you out of the room. 
Unsure of how everything happened you ran out leaving everyone behind. 

"(y/n)!" Emily called your name down the hallway but you continued running.

"I'll go with her." Vernon said as he began to run after you. 

You weren't sure why you were running or when you were going to stop but you kept going. You could hear Vernon calling you from the distance. Your legs gave out and you started to slow down. Vernon ran behind you and grabbed you into a back hug. You cried while he held you. 

"LET GO OF ME." you said trying to get out of his grip.

"Stop struggling will you." he said in an annoyed tone.

"I wanna be alone." 

Vernon turned you around to face him. You had your hands over your face. "Well that's not going to happen. It's not good to be alone when you're sad." 

"I'm tired.." you said sighing.

"Let's go sit down." he said while pointing to a bench. 

You guys sat down on the bench, he waited until you were done crying to speak.

"He told me something." Vernon said breaking the silence.

"What?" you asked.

"He told me to take care of you.." 

"Why would he?" 

"I don't know.."  he says. " I was being stupid, acting hard to get wasn't a smart move."

"You got that right." you said.

Vernon laughed at your comment. "Let's start over?" he asks.
"Mhm." you say. In all honesty you only wanted to start over with him. Everything in the past was too much for your brain to handle. Now Joshua's getting married added more weight into your head. 

"But, let's not forget everything .." Vernon says. "Let's not forget our kiss.. it meant something to me." 
"I won't." you say ensuring him. 

"Good." he says.
"Why'd he do that .." 

"Who knows.. Maybe he felt something for her again."
"Maybe.." you say sadly.
"Did you really love him?" Vernon asked.

"I don't know if it was love or not.. While I was with him sometimes I would think of you. But when he took the bracelets off, my heart fractured into pieces. It was all so fast that I couldn't comprehend right away." you explained.

"You thought of me?.." Vernon asked putting you in surprise.

"Y-Yeah.. How could I not? You playing with me, and Lilly saying you guys slept together." 

"We didn't sleep together.. Nothing happened. Everything was an act for her to get Joshua back." 

"I really fell for you.. but after you said that my brain said go to Joshua.. Forget Vernon." 

"Sorry.. I truely am." Vernon apologizes. 

"I hate you.. I hate you so much." you say all of the sudden.
"It's fine.. I hate me too." 

"No. This isn't okay. Why is it that my heart tells me to go to you but then my brain tells me to go to Joshua?" you say.

"Because you probably fell for me first.. " 

"I guess you're right.." 

"But then after I acted like a jerk your brain told you that you were hurt so you should go with Joshua.." Vernon said.

"It did.." you say.

"Who do you want to be with now?" He asks. 

"I don't know .." 

"It's okay if you don't know.. You don't need too. Not right now at least." Vernon says.

"I'm tired." you say.

"I know, I know. So am I." he says putting your head on his shoulder. You didn't even bother to say no. 

You guys sat like that for a while just looking at the sky. All sorts of thoughts were going through your mind. "Why am I being so dumb? First I go to Vernon, then I go to Joshua. Why can't I make up my mind?" you thought beating yourself up mentally. 

"Why do you always do this to me .." you asked Vernon with your eyes closed and head still on his shoulders. 

"Because, I love with you .."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day you guys met up at Emily's house because Jeonghan called for an emergency meeting. 

"What happened that you called all of us here?" DK asked. 

"I got a call from Joshua and he said that he's getting married today." Jeonghan explained. 

"Today? Already?" Woozi asked.

"I thought the same thing too. I asked him why, and he said because with her appointments for physical therapy in the future she'd be too busy, and they wouldn't be able to continue the engagement." he said.

"THAT GIRL. I'M SO ING SICK OF HER. OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDD I JUST WANT TO. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Emily cracked. She took a couch pillow and screamed into it. 

"Baaabbbbe, calm down. Breath babyyyy breaaathe." Woozi says patting her. 
Suddenly Dino grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. "AHHHHH. THAT UGLY SON OF A B*TCH WITH NO ING SENSE I AM GOING TO TAKE A SPOON AND STAB HER WITH IT." 

"Dino! You've never said anything like that. What's up with you." Jun asked shocked.

"I'm just so mad. I CAN'T HOLD IT IN ANYMORE." he confesses.

"It's fine. Let him be mad. If he holds it in he'll probably kill someone next." Jeonghan said. 

"Okay, so what if he's getting married. Does he want us to be there or something?" The8 asked.

"Bingo." Jeonghan said. 

"Wow.. how shameless.." Vernon says.

"I'M ON TEAM VERNON NOW." Hoshi screams.

"ME TOO!" Dino says accidentally whacking a pillow in Emily's face. 

"YAHHH!" Emily shouts.
"Sorry.." he says innocently.

You were taken back by the sudden matchmaking. 

"It's up to her guys." Vernon says.

"What do you say (y/n)? How about Vernon?" Wonwoo asks.

"Guys stop." said Vernon.

"Fine, fine." said Wonwoo. 
"Let's go get ready for their wedding...yay.." Woozi says unenthusiastically. 

Everyone went home to get ready, you guys planned to meet each other at the venue. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE VENUE WITH JOSHUA AND LILLY* 

"I can't believe we're getting married today." Lilly says.

"Neither can I.." Joshua says in disbelief. 

"Can you sound a bit happier? It's our wedding day." Lilly pleads. 

"I can't. I don't want to get married to you." said Joshua. 
"Stop thinking about her will you! Do you really want her to get hurt?" 
"CAN'T YOU JUST END ALL OF THIS? What's your deal? You can't just expect me to love you, life doesn't work that way." 

"But you loved me before, what's the difference between now and then?" Lilly asks.

Joshua takes his hand and covers his face in frustration. 

*Lilly's mom comes in*
"Are you guys ready for your big day?" she asks giddily. 

"Of course mom!" said Lilly.
"Joshua, cheer up will you? You were going to get married to her either way." Ms.Lee says. 

"NO. YOU BOTH DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS DO YOU. I DON'T WANT TO MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER AND I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE." Joshua shouted.

"Honey, calm down.. It's our wedding day." Lilly say innocently. 

"NO I CAN'T THIS IS ALL SO MESSED UP." he says. 

"Do you want her to get hurt? I thought you loved her. If you do then just shut up and do this quietly." Lilly's mom warned. "It's time for you wedding. So get yourself together." she said leaving the room. 

Joshua desperately wanted to leave the place. He wanted to get out and run away. He wanted to run to you.. He kept on remembering the moment that he unlocked your bracelet. How was surprised on how he managed to act that way. Either ways he still hoped that Vernon was taking care of you. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You arrived at the Venue with everyone else. The guys were all dressed in tuxedos, you and Emily were just wearing dresses. You wore the white dress that Emily gave you during the auction. Everyone was walking into the church, but Vernon held your hand to stay back. 
 

"How about we skip the wedding." Vernon whispers into your ears.

"What?" 

"Let's go somewhere else." he says. 

You wanted to leave the church too so you agreed to go. You guys ditched the group and went in his car. 

"Where do we go?" you ask.

"Hmm.. the beach?" he suggests.

It was a great place to go. You just wanted to be somewhere where you could be free and run around. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH LILLY AND HER MOM* 

"Lilly." 

"What mom?" 
"I have people who're taking care of her." 

"What do you mean?" 

"During these couple of days I've had our men watch her." 

"Really?" Lilly said with a smile. 

"She most likely won't be heard ever again.." her mom said. "This is your wedding gift." 
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH EVERYONE ELSE* 
 

"Where's (y/n) and vernon?" S.Coups asks.
Everyone scanned around the church to look for you guys but you were no where to be seen.
"Did they ditch?" Woozi asks. 
"Good. They won't have to see me go crazy and push Lilly out of her damn wheelchair." Emily said.

"Are you serious or are you joking?" Dino asks. 
"I want to but of course I'm joking." Emily says. "It's a good thing they're not here though. Let them be together." 

"I thought you were going for Joshua." Jeonghan asks.
"Nahhh. I knew it was Vernon all along." she says.
"Really? How?" Jun asked. 

"Girl instincts." she explains. 

"Wow, my girlfriend is so smart." Woozi says hugging Emily.

"Of course I am." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 

 

During your car ride to the beach Vernon turned music on and sang to it. You liked his voice, and his rapping was the best. You guys started getting away from the crowded city into a more quiet and calm area. You put your hand out of the window and felt the air. It feel so refreshing and good, your mood was suddenly lifted. Finally you guys reached the beach. As soon as you got there you took your heels off and ran into the sand. 

"Careful!" Vernon said while taking his jacket off. 
"I DON'T CAREEEEEE" you said screamed while running down the beach. 

Vernon smiled looking at how silly you were acting. 

 

You guys walked around the deserted beach. No one else was there, it was only you two. The sun was setting and it started to get colder. 

 

"Are you cold?" Vernon asked.

"Why, are you going to be corny and give me your jacket like in K-dramas?" 

"Bingo." he said taking his jacket and putting it around your shoulders.

"Thanks." you said sitting down in the sand. Vernon did the same. 

"Ahhh. This feels good." you say putting your arms out feeling the breeze. 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." he said.

"Thanks to you I feel so relaxed." you say smiling at him.

"It's the least I could do for you." 

"I don't wanna leave. I want to stay here forever." you say.

"There's a hotel near here. Do you want me to rent a room for us?" 

"U-Uh, no no. That's fine." you say nervously. 
"What. We're both single now, why not?"

"Wow. Are all guys this shameless?" you say disappointed. 

"Ehh. I'm only shameless with you." 

"Woahhh.. COMPLETE SHAMELESS HERE." 

You guys both laughed and stared at the sun setting.

"Dang it. I forgot my phone in the car. I want to take a picture to remember this moment." he said while checking his pockets. "I'll be right back okay?" he says.

You nod your head while watching him run off to get his phone. 

Sitting alone on the beach was nice, everything was so quiet and peaceful. You waited for Vernon to come back. 

You felt someone grabbing you from behind.

"Vern-" 

"SHUT UP." someone said in a deep tone. 

You tried to get out of their gripped until they put a napkin over your mouth and you passed out. 

 

*Vernon comes back* 

 

Vernon came back but he didn't see you. "Where could she be?" he thought. Looking at the ground he saw his jacket, along with your heels and phone being left behind. 
"Oh no .."