Chapter 22: Fire Drill

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

PLEASE READ: I'll be filming the Q&A video tomorrow so please comment as many questions as you would like for me to answer in the video. Weather it's personal or about the story I'll answer them all. Also I will be telling you guys some important news! So please go and comment questions for me to answer. SARANGHAEEE <3 <3 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You didn't say anything and went back inside the club. 

*WITH VERNON AND KIM* 

Vernon pushed her off of him. "I have a girlfriend. Sorry." 

Kim was disappointed from his rejection. "Ah, I see." 
"I'll be leaving now.." he left her and went back inside. 

*INSIDE THE CLUB* 

You went back inside and found your table. You didn't say anything, everyone noticed your expressions. 

Jeonghan was the first to ask. "What's wrong (y/n)?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

Emily noticed that Vernon was here either. "Where did Vernon runoff to?" 

Just at the same time he came back, "I'm right here." 

"Where'd you go?" Emily asked.

"Oh, I went outside. It's stuffy in here." he explained. "(y/n) can we go home? I'm sort of tired." 

"Yeah I'm fine with that."

Joshua tried to read your expression but it was blank. You weren't sure what to do, should you ask? Should you act like you never saw it? As you guys were about to leave Joshua spoke up. 

"Why're you lying?" 
Vernon turned around. "What do you mean?" 
"I saw you kiss her." 
He was caught red handed. 
"Me and (y/n) were outside and saw you kiss her." 
You stared at Joshua in disbelief. "Joshua.." 

Everyone wasn't sure what was happening. 

"Vernon, kissing another girl?" Woozi said. 

"Are you sure it wasn't someone else?" asked Jun.

"Nope, I'm sure it was him." responded Joshua. "(y/n) was out there with me." 

Vernon looked at you. "You were?" 

"Mhm.." 

"It wasn't like that (y/n) I swear." he started to panic. 

S.Coups took the blame. "It's my fault. She asked to dance with Vernon and I told him I'd cover. I didn't know they were going to do anything like that.." 
Dino also admitted his part. "I saw them dancing but I didn't want you to get hurt.." 

You turned to Vernon and asked him a question. "Explain to me. Just tell me the truth, no lies." 
 

He was worried weather you would believe him or not, but either ways he still explained everything honestly. 

After hearing the full story you weren't sure how to feel. 

 

"He did a good thing. He was just helping." Emily said. 

Woozi sided with Emily, "Yeah, he didn't do anything wrong." 
"But, Vernon you could've avoided the kiss." said S.Coups. 
"That's true." Jeonghan agreed. 
"She went in so fast that I didn't have time to react." Vernon explained. 

"Excuses?" said Wonwoo.

"I'm serious. I was shocked by everything, plus I had a bloody nose. I was losing blood so my senses disappeared." 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT GUY DID THAT TO YOU THOUGH. IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD'VE GONE MY SPOON OUT AND GONE ALL NINJA STYLE ON HIM." Dino said pulling his weapon out.

"Your spoon is gonna do what. That guy would've taken your spoon and beat YOU with it." Emily teased. 

"Don't have to be so mean.." 

"Whatever happened has happened already so we can't do anything about it. (y/n) are you mad at him?" Emily asked. 

All eyes were on you. 

"Are you?" asked Joshua. 

"No, I guess I'm not." you say. 

"So we're done discussing this issue then." S.Coups said. 

You and Vernon were tired and since school was starting tomorrow you guys headed home. 
 

*IN THE CAR* 

You didn't say anything on the car ride home. It's not because Vernon kissed another girl because he was just trying to help her but because why this always happens to you. First the girl at the waterpark and now, yeah she just picked a random person or a good looking person but it seems like Vernon always attracts girls. 

 

Vernon spoke up. "Stop it." 

"Stop what." you ask confused. 
"I know what you're thinking so stop it." 

"What am I thinking about?" 

"Why girls always appear when we're together?" 

Bingo, he was right. "How'd you know?" 

"You're my girlfriend after all, I should at least know that shouldn't I?" he says grabbing your hand. 

"Keep both hands on the wheel at all times, safety first." you said. 

"Ommo, what if I don't want to." he says stubbornly. 

You didn't want to hide your feelings any longer so you told him how you felt."I know I shouldn't be upset because we're together but I can't help but think of other girls. I mean I am your girlfriend and us girls notice these things." 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone with Annie at the waterpark, and I shouldn't have just danced with Kim. How can I make everything up to you." 

"First, don't be so good looking, Second, don't be so adorable, Third, DON'T BE SO GOOD LOOKING." 

Vernon rolled his eyes. "Babe, come on. What about you, the guys at the water park were drooling over you." 

"That rarely happens. Not as frequent compared to you and other girls." you say. 

"But whatever happens, let's remember to let the other person explain. We always have to hear the full story first ok?" Vernon says. "Plus, always know that my eyes will only be on you. FOREVERRRR."  
"Aigoo, what a creep." you said pretending to cringe. 
"Even if we break up, I'll be that stalker ex boyfriend." Vernon warns.

"Ommo. I don't think I'll be able to then." 

"That was my intention!" 

You guys were laughing and enjoying each others company in the car ride. When you approached the house Vernon drove past it. 

"Hey, your house is right there. We passed it." you say looking out the window.

"Let's not go home just yet." 
"Where are we going." 

"To watch the stars." 

"Where?" you ask.

"Let's go watch the stars, I know this one place we can go to." 

You didn't say anything and just went along with Vernon. After fifteen minutes of driving Vernon parked his car in the middle of nowhere. You guys were the only people on the road, tree's were everywhere and no one else was to be seen. 

 

"Where are we?" you asked confused. 

"Just follow me." 

Vernon led you through the road full of trees, it took a bit of balance and climbing to finally reach the place. 
"We're here."

You looked around you and realized that you guys were on an abandoned bridge. You sat down and your feet were dangling over a hundred feet from ground, looking up you could see the sky clearly. The stars were out and twinkling. 

"Sit down." you say patting the empty spot next to you. 

Vernon sat down. "So what do you think?" 

"It's kind of scary, but it feels good." you say keeping your eyes on the stars. "How'd you find this place?" 

"I don't know, I was just driving one day and I saw it. So I was like, hm why not find it, it took a couple of hours but I finally found it." he explained. 

"Ahh, that's cool." 
"No one goes past here, it's pretty much abandoned. So you don't have to be worried about getting ran over." 
"That's good."

You guys were holding hands and watching the stars together. Everything felt so perfect, your head was on his shoulder and you were sitting close to him. The ind was also blowing slightly. 

"Ahhh, this feels good." said Vernon.

You closed your eyes. "It does." 

"If only this moment can be forever." 

"If only.." 
"Do you want to go home?" he asks. 

"Not yet, let's just stay like this for a few more minutes." 

Vernon looked down to see your eyes closed, he gave you a kiss on the forehead. You felt it and smiled. Opening your eyes you looked at him and said, "I love you." 

"And I love you too.." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL* 

 

Everyone arrived at school the next morning to get their schedules, along with their books and supplies. 
"Why'd Dino crying?" Sungkwang asked. 

"He didn't get anything classes with (y/n)." answered Jun. 

"WHYYYYYYY.. WE COULD'VE BEEN PARTNERS AND EVERYTHINGGGG." he whined. 
"Woozi and me got lucky, we have half of our classes together." said Emily. 

You and Vernon compared your schedules together, you guys only had one class together. 

"We only have one together." Vernon tells everyone. 

DK asked which one.

"Uhm, art." you answered. 

"Ohh, that's gonna be fun." said Jeonghan. "You do plenty of partner stuff there." 

The8 agreed with Jeonghan. "I've taken that class before and he's right. A lot of partner stuff for some reason." 

"Seems like Vernon got lucky." Joshua said. 

Dino cried again. "WHY CAN'T I BE LUCKY TOOOOOOOOOO." 

"What about you Joshua? Who do you have the most classes with?" asked DK.

"Let me see.." Joshua skimmed through everyone's schedule. "Seems like it's (y/n)."

"Really?" you grabbed his schedule and put it besides yours. You guys didn't have every class together but most of them. "Woah, he's right." 

"That's cool." Vernon says.

"Are you jealous?" Hoshi asked.
"I KNOW I AMMMM." butted in Dino 

"What? Why would I be. It's a good thing he's with her, someones has to keep an eye out for me. What if she cheats?" 

"YAH!" you smacked Vernon. "WHO'S CHEATING ON WHO." 
"Don't worry (y/n), I have the most classes with Vernon so I'll watch out for you." Mingyu said. 

"Mingyu's watching. So if you do anything you're DEFINITELY going to die in my hands." you pretended to choke him. 

"Ommo, abusive girlfriend." said Vernon. 

"I'LL BE GLAD TO TAKE HER FROM YOU." Dino volunteered. 
Emily flicked Dino on the forehead."TSK! Watch it." 
"OOOWWWWWWWW." Dino raised his fist about to punch Emily. 

Luckily Woozi stopped it. He grabbed Dino's face and shoved it back. "Hey hey. NO TOUCHIEEE." Woozi said. 

 

*RIINNNNNGGG!* 

 

"Dang, that's bell. We should probably go." Wonwoo said. 

"Let's meet up at lunch." suggested The8 

"Sounds good." DK agreed. 
 

Everyone parted their ways and left. Your first class was chemistry. 

"Where's 1011.." you whispered to yourself. "OH! FOUND IT." 

As soon as you entered your class immediately all eyes were on you. You walked awkwardly to a table. Checking the time, class wasn't going to start for another three minutes. You started to get your supplies out. 

"Excuse me can I sit here?" a guy asked.

You looked up and saw a boy with dark chocolate brown hair, one distinct feature that you caught were his ears. They looked almost elf liked. His had kind soft eyes too, plus he was super tall.

"Sure." 

"Thanks." the boys says putting his book bag down. "My name is Brian." 

"My names (y/n)." 

"Nice to meet you." he says putting his hand out for a handshake. 

You took his hand and shook it. 

The teacher walked in and you guys stood up to bow. After that you guy started class. 
An hour and a half went by so slow. It was only your first day of school but you were already to leave. You first assignment was to write a paper on previous things that you guys have learned. Your teacher wanted to see where everyone was at, so writing a paper would tell her where she should start. 

Your next class was literature, which was in room 1045. 

"1045, 1045, 1045." you said while looking around. 

"1045 is over here kiddo." said Joshua. 

"Joshua, thank god. I was about to get lost." 

"How was your first class?" he asked.

"Boring, we already have to write a paper. How was yours?" 

"It was pretty interesting. World studies, Dino was with me. He wouldn't shut up about his spoon collection to the girls." 

"Of course he wouldn't." you said laughing. "Meet anyone new yet?" 

"Hmm, nope. No one yet. You?" 

You thought about Brian. "Hmm I don't know if I would consider him new, but this kid asked to sit next to me." 

"Ah really? Who?" Joshua asked.

"His name's Brian." you respond.
"Hmm, that name sounds familiar. Should I report to Vernon?" he teased.

" Psh, bet some girls are doodling his name on their notebooks right now." 

"Probably." 
"YAH!" 

You and Joshua sat next to each other in literature. It wasn't that bad, your teacher Mr.Hong was super nice and funny. Sometimes when he noticed the class got bored he would tell jokes to keep you guys from drifting off. You stood up to stretch out your back real quick, turning around you noticed someone familiar in the corner of your eye. It was Brian from earlier. 

"Brian?" you said. 

"Oh Hi, (y/n) I didn't know that we'd have the same class together." he said waving at you. "Joshua?" 

Joshua turned around and saw Brian. "You?" 

"You two know each other?" you asked confused.

"We knew each other in the states." Joshua said. 

"We're actually childhood best friends." explained Brian. 

"Yeah, until your dad made you move to Japan." 

You asked Brian why his family moved. 

"There was a higher position for my dad. So we left." 

"Ahh, I see." you say. 

"Well it's nice seeing you again. We have a lot to catch up on." said Joshua. 

"We do. What's your next class?" Brian asked. 
"It's World Studies." 

"That . I have art next." 

You remembered that you had art too, but you weren't sure if it was the same one. 

"(y/n) has art next too." said Joshua.

You looked at your schedule and it was the same as Brian. "Yup. Room 1034?" 

"Bingo." said Brian.
 

*BELL RINNNNGGGGGG* 
 

"Alright, I'll see you at lunch." Joshua said to you.

You waved him off. 

"Do you want to go to class together?" Brian asked. 

"Sure." 

 

As you guys were walking to class you didn't say anything to each other. The first person you saw as you entered the room was Vernon.
 

"Hey hey." 
"Hi buttface." you said. 

"Bully.." he whined. 
Vernon noticed Brian next to you. "You are..." 

"Oh, I'm Brian. Nice to meet you." he greeted. 

"Vernon, this is Joshua's old friend from the U.S they've known each other since they were kids. " you explain.
"I see." said Vernon. 

"We should probably go find somewhere to sit. Class is about to start soon." said Brian. 
 

You guys found a place to sit. Vernon sat next to you while Brian was sitting at the table behind you. The art teacher's name was Mrs.Jung.
 

"Alright class, your first project is to paint your partner. Not their physical appearance but what you think resembles them. For an example, when I look at my husband I think of money and wealth. " Mrs.Jung announced. "I will be assigning your partners actually. A boy and a girl will be together. I don't know everyone quite well yet .. so picking your own partners is a little risky." 

You and Vernon looked at each other hoping you be put together. 

"Okay, once I call your names you can go to your partner." she announced. "First pair, Samantha and Jason, Jackson and Helen, Brandon and Tina, Mark and Liana, Vernon and...." 

"Please say (y/n). (y/n), (y/n), (y/n)." Vernon said under his breath. 

"Vernon and (y/n)."
"YYYYEESSSSS." he said happily. 
"Don't get too excited." you told him. "Remember, we're drawing what we think of each other. I might just draw a bunch of you know whats." you said sticking your tongue out.

Mrs.Jung continued to put people together but then realizes that there's an uneven number of people. Brian was the only one who didn't have a partner, she said that he could choose a group that he wanted to join. Since he didn't know anyone else he went with you guys. 
 

*FIRE ALARMS GOES OFF*

 

"EVERYONE THIS IS A PRACTICE FIRE ALARM. PLEASE EXIT TO THE BACK OF THE SCHOOL." 

You guys were all leaving the classrooms, you grabbed your backpack and your phone but it wasn't there.

"Where'd my phone go?" you said to yourself. You must've left it in the chemistry room because you didn't have it during literature either. 

"Aren't you going?" asked Vernon.

"I'll be right back. I'll meet you guys out there." 

While leaving the room you ran quickly to the chemistry lab to find your phone. It was sitting on the counter. 

"There it is!" as soon as you grabbed your phone you turned around to leave, but the door wasn't opening. 

"What's going on?" you said wiggling the door knob.

All of the sudden a puff of smoke comes through the windows. The air was getting thicker and you couldn't breathe. 
"SOMEONE OPEN THE DOOR!" you screamed while banging on the door. "OPEN! OPEN! SOMEONE HELP ME!" you shouted. 

No one was coming, you were loosing your will to get out. Were you going to die in here? You thought to yourself. Just as you were slipping away you heard glass shatter on the ground. Someone had broken the window. 

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" 

You tried to stay conscious but you couldn't.

"(Y/N)! IT'S ME BRIAN WAKE UP!"