Chapter 17: Mission Cleared

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

Joshua grabbed Lilly's hand and slapped her back
"JOSHUA!" Lilly said holding onto her cheek.

"THAT'S ENOUGH." he says raising his voice. "I DIDN'T SLEEP WITH HER." 

"WHAT ABOUT THESE PICTURES. EXPLAIN THEM TO ME." she says throwing the pictures on the ground. 
Confused, Joshua picked them up and took a look. "Do you have people watching me?" he said shocked. 

"I HAD TOO. CAUSE IF I DIDN'T THEN YOU COULD'VE SLEPT WITH HER AND I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN." 

In anger you ran out of the house. 

"(Y/N)." Joshua said running towards you, leaving Lilly to cry. 

"What?" you say with tears. "Is this why you called me here? So I could get slapped by your wife?" you ask.

"Of course not!" he says. 

"You called me to meet you at the bar yesterday but you ended up getting drunk and throwing up. I had to take care of you, and then the next day I get hit by your wife? This is too much." you explain.

"I need to confess to you about something." 

"What." 

"You know how Lilly's legs are paralyzed?" 

"Yes, what about them." you say crossing your arms. 
He took one deep breath in. "They're actually fine.." 

Stunned by his confession you didn't say anything.
"She saved you during the hiking trip on purpose. She was hoping to get hurt.. thinking that I would go back with her." 

"What..?"  
"Not only that, but the reason why I acted like I did at the hospital, taking our bracelets off and everything was because of her. If I didn't then you would've gotten hurt, the only way for you to be safe was if I married her." Joshua says.

"So everything that happened was because of her?" you ask for assurance. 

"Yeah.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I can't believe I got drunk yesterday.." he says embarrassed. 

"I couldn't believe it either." you say. 

"Her mom isn't letting me go. They say because everyone at the company has met me, if I leave now, the news would spread and their company wouldn't do so well." 
"Oh, is there any other way?" you ask.

"Woozi took a picture of her standing up, I tried threatening her with it but her mom said that if I used it then she'd hurt everyone else.." 

"This is crazy. We have to get you out of that place." 

"But how." 
"To get out of this we're going to need more than two brains. How about we ask the group." you suggest.

"Good idea." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT EMILY'S HOUSE* 

Joshua and you headed over to Emily's house to seek for help. You guys also explained everything to her, from Joshua getting drunk to Lilly's slap. 
 

"OKAY NO ONE HOLD ME BACK. SHE SLAPPED YOU? THIS GIRL IS GONNA LEARN TODAAAAY!" Emily said heading into the kitchen. 

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Woozi asked. 

"I'M WITH YOU EMILY. SHE'S GOING TO LEARN." Dino said heading in to the kitchen with Emily.

"Uh.. where are you guys going?" Hoshi asked. 

Emily returned with a Kitchen knife, and Dino came back with a spoon in his hand.

"Woaahhh woaaah there. Calm down." Woozi said slowly peeling the knife out of Emily's hands. 
"Okay. Dino a spoon?" Hoshi said.

Vernon walked over to you and turned your head side to side with his hands, he examined your face.

"Your cheek is red." he says. 

"It is?" you say putting your hands on your cheeks. You flinched from the pain. 

"I'll get you some ice." he said walking to the kitchen and coming back with an icepack. 

"Thanks." you say while he places it on your cheek.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" asked Jeonghan.

"I don't know.  Even I'm in a slump." admitted Emily.

"THINK GUYS! What can we do to torture her and let Joshua out of that family."  Jun said. 

"The only thing that I'm thinking is to sabotage her company. If it goes bad then you'll be able to leave." says The8 
"THAT'S IT. THE COMPANY." Emily had a sudden strike of genius.

"WHAT WHAT WHAT." Woozi said.

"If we start a dating rumor with Joshua and (y/n), MAYBEEE just MAYBEEE he'll get fired. Then he can leave." 

"EMILY YOU'RE A GENIUS!" exclaimed Dino.

"Do you think that'll really work?" asks Vernon.

"Why wouldn't it?" asks Joshua.

"Because she might kick you out of the company, but Lilly will still be obsessed with you." said Vernon.

"I'm sure she wouldn't want to be with me. Cause if she does then the media will just call her clingy or still dating a cheating man." 

"SEEE. IT'S GOING TO WORK." Emily said. 

"Fine, let's give it a shot." Vernon says. 

"But we're going to need photos of you two, or at least some evidence." says Emily.

"How about the photos from last night? The one where we're walking into the hotel together." you say. 

"Oh yeah." Joshua pulls out the pictures from his pockets. 

"Perfect!" Emily said. 

"So are we just going to give this to the news?" you say.

"No, we need you guys to be seen together. The media has to have their attention on YOU guys." Emily explains. "Joshua do you have work today?" she asks.

"Yeah in an hour." he says.

"Okay great. When you drive to work today make sure (y/n) gets out of the car and people SEE you." she orders.

"Okay." 

"Vernon, you be on watch for them okay?" Woozi says. 

"Fine." 

"ALRIGHT. MISSION BEGINS NOW!" 

"Taking the spoon with me." says Dino. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*BEFORE THE BIG MISSION*


"READY GUYS?" Emily says. 

Everyone nodded their heads. 

 

"BREAK!"


The group gets into positions for the plan. Jun,Jeonghan, S,coups, The8, and Wonwoo are fake paparazzi's to attract the real ones when you and Joshua arrive at the company. Vernon,Emily, Dino and Woozi are on watch for you two just incase anything happens. Mingyu,Hoshi,Seunkgwang, and DK are set up at different locations near you guys to take pictures. Those pictures, along with others will be sent to the media. 
 

You and Joshua get into the car and pull up casually in front of the company. After getting out the "paparazzi's" come up.

"OMMO! WHO IS THIS YOUNG LADY. JOSHUA ARE YOU CHEATING ON LILLY." S.Coups said holding a camera. 
"PLEASE TELL US WHO THIS LADY IS. IS SHE A GIRLFRIEND?" Jeonghan says shoving a microphone against Joshua's face.

"SIRRRR! WHO IS THIS YOUNG MISS? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG WITH YOURS AND LILLY'S MARRIAGE?" Jun says with a tape recorder. 

"PLEASE LOOK AT ME FOR A SMILE. JOSHUA AND HIS MISTRESS. PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION!"

Finally that REAL news writers come and bombard Joshua with questions. 
"JOSHUA IS THIS YOUR MISTRESS?" someone said trying to get between the crowd of people that has swarmed you and Joshua.  
You guys try to get out of the crowd but there's too much people.

"(Y/N)!" Joshua whispers.

You were getting shoved by people. "Wh-at?" you managed to say.

"Get in the car and go." he says.

"What about you?" you say.

"It's fine. I can handle this." he explains. 

"(Y/N)? IS THAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS NAME?" one of the news caster asks. 

Joshua tried to block off everyone in order to let you in the car. Once you got in you started the engine and took off. Little did you know that Lilly and Mrs.Lee were watching from the company. 

A security guard came and dragged Joshua out of the crowd and demanded everyone to go.  The mob started to disperse quickly. "LEAVE. EVERYONE LEAVE NOW!" the security said. 

After everyone leaves he drags Joshua into where he was forced to see Mrs.Lee and Emily.

"WHAT IS THIS?" Lilly's mom says angrily. 

"Was that (y/n)?" Lilly says with a scoff. "What type of trick are you trying to pull here?" she asks.

"What trick?" Joshua says innocently. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT TRICK?" Mrs.Lee said while raising her voice. "THIS ONE." she says turning the T.V on. The screen displayed you and (y/n) from earlier. 

"NEW CHAIRMAN HAS A MISTRESS?" Mrs.Lee read the title of the news. 

"YOU'RE MARRIED TO ME. WHY WOULD YOU GO AND DO THAT?" Lilly asks in a demanding tone. 

"Because, I don't love you. I don't want to get married to you. I want to leave. You're a horrible person Lilly." Joshua pauses. "Being married to you is worse than being in jail. I've been manipulated, cheated, and lied to by you."
*KNOCK KNOCK*

"What is it now." Mrs.Lee snickers. "COME IN!" 
A man enters the door handing her a newspaper. Looking at her facial expression it must've had something with you and (y/n) it. She throws the papers on her desks after reading. 

"What is it mom?" Lilly asks.
"TAKE A LOOK YOURSELF!" 

Lilly picks up the papers and see the headline. "NEW CHAIRMAN CHEATS ON WIFE." Pictures of you and (y/n) were all over it. From when you guys were in the car, to the worsts ones which was when you two walked into a hotel together.

The secretary interrupts your guys conversation. 

"Sir, the news reporters are demanding an interview." he says to Joshua.
"NO! NO INTERVIEW NOR MEETING WILL BE HELD RIGHT NOW." Mrs. Lee says.

"Tell them I'll be there soon." Joshua says fixing his tie while leaving the room. 

"SON OF A B*TCH" Mrs.Lee says pounding her fists on the table.

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Lilly screams in anger while Joshua walks away. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE*
 

"You guys are the most searched thing right now." Emily says showing her phone to you.

*NEW CHAIRMAN SEEKS NEW WIFE* *CHAIRMAN LEAVES PARALYZED WIFE FOR A NEW LOVER* you read all types of headlines and articles about you and Joshua. 

"WE DID IT!" Dino cheers. 

"YES WE DID!" Emily says high fiving Woozi. 

"But now, we have to wait for Joshua.." Vernon says. 

*RINGRING*

"Is that my phone?" Emily asks. 
"No it's mine." you say picking up. Joshua's caller ID popped up.

"What happened?" you asked putting him on speaker.

"Well, she's mad." Joshua said. 
"YES YES YES YES YES." Dino repeated over and over again.

"But there's going to be an interview with all the news people." he says.

"So what're you going to say?" Vernon asks.
"I'm just going to tell them that I'm actually cheating on Lilly and also I'm resigning." he says.

"Then you'll be free from her hyung!" The8 says. 

"I hope so. I have to go now, the interviews about to start." Joshua says.

"GOODLUCK!" Jeonghan says before Emily hangs up.

"What do we do now?" Jun asks.

"We wait.." you say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*INTERVIEW STARTS*
Joshua walks into the room and see's about 50 news reporters sitting at desks with cameras and recorders, ready to take notes of his words. He walks towards the podium and takes a deep breath in preparing for the questions, along with his confession. 

"We'll start the interview now." announced his secretary.

People were screaming left and right to get his attention. "JOSHUA JOSHUA!" 
"You." he says pointing to a man in the far left side of the room. 

"Is it true that you and Mrs.Lee's daughter has recently gotten married?" the man asks. 
"Yes that's true." 

A lady butts in, "Is it true that your wife's leg's are paralyzed." 

Joshua was debating on whether he should lie or tell the truth. "That is not true.." 

Everyone gasps in the room. 

"DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF?" one reporter asks. 

"Yes I do." Joshua points to the over head and the picture of Lilly standing up, taken by Woozi appeared. 

"HAS SHE LIED ALL THIS TIME THEN?" a lady asks. 

"Yes, she's lied.. I know the reason why but it's rather personal. I prefer not to say." Joshua says. 

"IS IT TRUE THAT YOU WENT INTO A HOTEL WITH ANOTHER WOMEN." 

"Yes." 

"WHO IS SHE?" 

"I'm sorry, but I am not going to mention her name." Joshua says. 

"ARE YOU CHEATING ON HER." a reporter asks. 

"No, I am not. I was with her before. This marriage was arranged and was never supposed to happen." he explains. 

"SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT YOU ARE LEAVING THE COMPANY NOW." someone shouts. 

"Sadly yes I am. I believe that I am not fit for this position right now."

"Time's up everyone." the secretary announces. 

Joshua walks off the podium while everyone takes pictures of him. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH YOU AND THE GROUP* 

"I wonder how everything's going." you say.

"It's over." DK says while pointing to the front door. 

All of the new reporters were leaving, Joshua's interview must've finished. 

"Let's go see!" said Dino. 

You guys got up and went into the company, you ran into Lilly. 

"Oops, look who's here." Emily says staring at Lilly. "Did you see everything?" 

"OF COURSE I SAW EVERYTHING. BECAUSE OF YOU  EVERYTHING IS RUINED!" Lilly said standing up out of her wheelchair. "DO YOU THINK THAT I'M SCARED OF YOU?" she said getting up in Emily's face. "I HAVE PEOPLE THAT CAN DESTROY YOU!" 

"Do you think that you scare me?" Emily said while laughing. "Just give up. You're done for."

She suddenly turns towards you, "You, THIS IS ALL YOU'RE DOING!" seeing Lilly raise her arm up you stood still waiting for the slap. Vernon grabbed it before she could make contact with your face. 

 

"Don't touch her." Vernon said coldly, while throwing Lilly's hands off to the side. 

Emily slapped Lilly right across the face, "This one is for ruining someone's relationship." she slapped her again. "This one is for threatening to hurt (y/n)" another slap, "This one is for forcing Joshua to marry you." another slap, "Should I continue?" Emily said. 

Lilly's eyes were furious, she was about to go nuts. Mrs.Lee came out. 

"LILLY STOP WASTING YOUR TIME." she said holding suitcases. "WE'RE LEAVING TO NEW YORK." 

"What?" Lilly said "New York?" 

"Just shut up and get in the car." her mom says shoving her forward. 

"BYEEE!!!" Hoshi said waving at them.

"SEE YOU NEVER AGAIN!" said Dino. 

You guys were so happy that everything was finally going to go back to normal. Joshua came out of the elevators. 

"We did it!" he said.  

"YES WE DIIIIIIIID!" Dino said. 

"I heard they left for New York." 

"YES THEY DIIIIIIID!" said Hoshi. 
"THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION!!" Woozi announces. 

"What." Emily asks. 

"LET'S GO DRINK!" 

"YYYYAYYYY!" Everyone cheers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone kept on clinking glasses in celebration for Joshua's freedom again. 

"Thanks guys." Joshua says. 

"We're so glad that you won't have to see her anymore." Jun said. 
"Say bye to the crazy ex." said S.Coups. 

"You got that right." Dino said. 
"CHEEEERS" you guys said clinking glasses. 

After an hour of drinking everyone seemed pretty drunk. 

"HAHA DID YOU SEE HOW MANY TIME I SLAPPED HERRRR?" Emily said slurring her words. "THAT B*TCH THOUGHT SHE COULD WITH ME. HOW FUNNY." 

"My baby here is the beeesssttt." Woozi said drunkly. 

"Ommo, they're both drunk." you say. 

"I should probably drive them home." said Jeonghan. "Let's go children." he says dragging Emily and Woozi up. 

"I'm going to take Wonwoo home." Mingyu said. "He's a horrible drinker as you guys know." 

"Alright bye." you say. 

"I should probably take Dino and The8 home. First time drinkers." says S.Coups. Soon everyone starts to leave one by one. You were feeling a bit tipsy, but the only people left were you, Vernon, and Joshua. 

"I'm sleeeepppppy." you say. 

"Do you want me to take you home?" Vernon asks. 

"I can do it." Joshua says. 

"Nooooo no. I can take my-self h-ome." you said knocking out on the table.

"Joshua, you've had a long day. You go first. I can take care of (y/n), remember what you told me?" Vernon reminds him. 

"But now that I'm here it's okay." Joshua explains. 

"Joshua.. please? You've had her for a while.. Can't you give me a chance?" Vernon says. 
"What do you mean?" Joshua asks.

"You guys went on a date and everything, you did so much for her. But I haven't gotten a chance to do anything for her."

"Didn't you take her to the beach?" 

"Yeah, but.. just please.. Leave her to me." Vernon says.

" Be careful." says Joshua. 

Vernon get's up and puts you on his back. Your house was close so he decided to just walk so he could spend time with you. 

"Where am I?" you say getting conscious again. 

"On my back." Vernon says turning his head to look at you. 

"Well how'd I get here." you say drunkly.

"I guess you're wasted." he says.

"Where you taking meeeee." you say smacking him on the head. 

"OW!" he yelps from the sting. "I'm taking you home." 

"But I'm wasteddddd." you said while chuckling. 

"I know you are, that's why I'm taking you home." 

"WAIT." 
Vernon stopped working instantly.  

"ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING BAD TO ME." you say starting to crying. 

"Ommo, are you crazy?" Vernon asks. 

"I'M WASTED AND YOU'RE TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME?" you say pounding his back.

"YAHH. I'M JUST TAKING YOU HOME. I'M NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING!" he says trying to dodge your attacks. 

You begin to cry like an idiot again. 

"Why're you crying?" Vernon asks. 

"WHY DON'T YOU WANNA DO ANYTHING WITH ME.. IS IT BECAUSE I'M UGLY!!?? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH. IS IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE S." you said putting your hands on your chest.

"Aigoo.. you're really drunk." 

"NO I'M NOT!" you said puffing your cheeks like a little kid. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NEXT MORNING* 
You woke up with a pounding headache. You rolled around in bed for a couple of minutes flanging your body all over the place. Your hand landing on a face.

"Who's face is this?" you thought while feeling whoever's face it was. 

"What're you doing." the voice said.

 You sat up right away and grabbed your lamp hitting the person next to you. "PER- *SMASH* VERT! WHO *SMASH* ARE *SMASH * YOU?!?!?!?"  you scream. 

"STOP STOP STOP STOP OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I-IT'S ME VERNON!" he says grabbing your arms. 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" you screamed grabbing your blankets to cover your body. "WHAT'D YOU DO TO ME LAST NIGHTTTT." you started crying. 

"OH MY GOD. I TOOK YOU HOME CAUSE YOU WERE DRUNK! WHY ARE YOU CRYING? WHAT WOULD I EVEN DO TO YOU. THERE'S NOTHING INTERESTING ANYWAYS!" Vernon said rubbing his head. 

You peeped out of the blanket to see that it was Vernon. "Your nose is bleeding." you say.

"AISSH! LOOK WHAT YOU DID." he says getting out of bed and running to the bathroom.

You felt bad so you got out of bed to go see what happened to him. 

"Sorry.." you say. 

"It's fine.." he says with two tissue papers up his nose. 

*RINGRINGRING*

Your phone was ringing so you ran to pick it up. It was an unknown number. 

"Hello?" 

"(y/n)?" the mystery man said.

"Who is this?" you asked. 

"Open your door." the voice said. 

"Huh?" 

The phone call ended. 

"Who was that?" Vernon said from the bathroom.

"I don't know.. someone called telling me to open the door." 

"That's weird. Are you going to open it?" 

"Yeah.. go with me." you say. 

"Okay let's go." 

You guys walked to the door, looking through the door hole someone was wearing a hat and it was covering their face. Vernon was hiding behind the door just incase anything happened. You slowly opened it and the person had their face pointed towards the ground. 

"Who are you?" you asked. 

They slowly raised their head. "(Y/N)!! I MISSED YOU!" it was one of your friends from the states. 

"DANIEL?!" you say jumping on him. 

Vernon walked in front to see who it was. 

"Who is this?" Daniel asked. 

"I'm Vernon."