Chapter 11: Accident

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

SORRY I DIDN'T MAKE 2 CHAPTERS INSTEAD I MADE THIS SUPER LONG ONE! I HOPE YOU STILL ENJOY READING IT EITHER WAYS! <3

Joshua's words made you feel safe and secure. It was what you needed at the moment, but you weren't sure if you needed him. You needed Vernon.

"You're not saying anything. I'm scared." Joshua admits. 

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure what I should say." 

"Just say yes." he says looking into your eyes. 

"What if-"

"No what if's. Let's not worry about the future. Let's just make every moment starting now special." 
Joshua said while holding onto both of your hands. 

Although your brain said go to Joshua, your heart deeply wanted Vernon. You weren't sure who to listen too. 
 

"So how about it? Do you wanna give us a try." he asks. 

 

"Let's try." You listened to your brain. 

He smiled and held you in a tight hug.

"Let's take it slow. One step at a time." he says while holding you in his arms. 

"Joshua." you say 

"Hm?"

"Thanks."

He released you from his embrace. "You've said that so many times."

"I want to remind you how thankful I am for you." you tell him.

"I know. And I'm just as thankful for you."

You gave him a smile and he gave you one back in return. 

"Let's go inside." he said

You guys turned around to see everyone peeping outside the balcony. 
"CONGRATS BRO" Woozi says. 
"Why are you guys always stalking us. Wasn't today enough?" you said annoyed. 

"Stalking?" Joshua asks.

"It's a long story." Emily explains.

"WELL WHO CARES. CAUSE (Y/N) AND JOSHUA ARE DATINGGGG." says Hoshi
"She was supposed to be mine .." Dino pouted.
"Sorry buddy.." Joshua says.

"It's fine. At least it was you. If you hurt her then I'll be there to scoop her right up!" Dino threatened.

"Just be glad it wasn't that jerk Vernon." Emily said.

"True." Dino agreed.

"He's still our friend Emily. You know that right?" S.Coups said.

"Whatever. His attitude isn't so friendly anymore. That Lilly girl too. Joshua, I don't know how you EVER found her attractive. That b*tchy tone of hers makes wanna-" 
Emily was cut off in the middle of her sentence from Woozi's kiss. 

"Baby calm down." he said.

"YAH! I WASN'T DONE." she screamed.
"Aigoo. Look at you two. Let's go clean up the table." Joshua suggested.

You guys all left the balcony and went inside the house. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH VERNON AND LILLY*

"Why'd you say that?!" Vernon asked Lilly.

"Say what." Lilly asked trying to sound innocent 

"That we hooked up. WE NEVER DID." 

"YOU SUGGESTED IT AT THE BAR EARLIER. PLUS I WAS IN THE MOMENT ALRIGHT?? Seeing their ing couple bracelets broke me."

"SO? I KNEW IT WAS WRONG RIGHT AFTER AND I SAID LETS NOT. I HELD MYSELF TOGETHER UNLIKE YOU. YOU DON'T THINK IT BROKE ME? YOU DON'T THINK I GOT UPSET KNOWING THAT MY OWN FRIENDS HANG OUT BEHIND MY BACK. YOU DON'T THINK IT BROKE ME WHEN JOSHUA HELD HER IN HIS ARMS WHEN I WAS THE ONE WHO EVERYONE ING HATED?!" Vernon snapped. 

"WHAT ABOUT ME. YOU THINK I WANNA ACT LIKE A B*TCH. YOU THINK I WANT PEOPLE TO HATE ME? THIS IS WHAT LOVE DOES TO YOU VERNON. SOMETHING YOU WANT SO BAD BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE. IT'S BULLSH*T." shouted back

"I don't now now. I don't know what to do. I just want to run to her and hug her, and hold her. I want to kiss her so badly and tell her that I'm sorry. That I was the one who messed up. I shouldn't have ever done anything to led her on, now she doesn't trust me.." he admitted. 

"We're both screw ups.." Lilly said. 

"Yup. What do we do know .." 
"I know you're in love with (y/n) and all but I don't like her. She has Joshua, and he's mine." she says. 

"You think I'm so fond of him right now too? He's one of my guy best friends and I don't want to hate him but there's something in me that I can't help. Do you know how hard it was for me to be rude to my friends?" Vernon says with his hands covering his face. 

"How about we try and be nice to them?" 

"What do you mean."

"How about we go hiking or something."

"Hiking?" Vernon asks. 

"Yes hiking. Let's invite everyone."

"Like they would wanna go after tonight." 

"Let's apologize to them and say let's start over." she suggested. "Common. You'll get to see her and maybe you guys can straighten things out and I'll do the same thing with Joshua."

"I'm pretty sure he won't wanna talk to you, and she wouldn't wanna talk to me. Didn't you see how we acted today?" Vernon asked.

"At least give it a try before you start coming up with what if's." says Lilly.

Vernon decided to stop arguing and just agreed with her.

Vernon called Jeonghan because he knew that he wouldn't hate him as much as everyone else did.  

*Phone ring*
"Hello?" asked Jeonghan.

"Hey.." Vernon replied.

"Oh hi Vernon. What's up." 
"Me and Lilly were planning to go on a hike tomorrow but we thought everyone should come along. We felt sorry for how we acted today." 

"Everyone?" Jeong asked confused.

"Yeah. Everyone from today.. You know .." Vernon said

"O-Oh. The whole group... Plus Lilly."  

"Yeah. So do you wanna go?" asked Vernon.
"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask everyone first then I'll call you back. Sounds okay?" 

"That's fine. Bye" Vernon said hanging up the phone. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT JOSHUA'S HOUSE*

Jeonghan had the phone on speaker the whole time and you guys were all listening to it. 

"I AIN'T GOING WITH THAT WENCH" said Emily. "PSH LIKE THE ? CAUSE YALL FELT SORRY? GIRL HELLL TO THE NO'S. WHY WOULD I GO. SHE'LL PROBABLY PUSH ONE OF US OFF THE DAMN CLIFFS." Emily exclaimed. 

"That sounds odd. Why would they want to hang out with us when they pretty much proved to us that they hate us." said Wonwoo. 

"Maybe they changed." Jeonghan said. 

"CHANGED MY ASSSSSSSSS. CHANGED WHAT. TO ANOTHER PLANET? I WISH." Emily said.  

Woozi tried to calm Emily down. "Babeeeee. Chilllll. Language." he said patting Emily's shoulder.

"I'm sorry.. It's just she annoys me soooo much. Vernon too! Why does he want to hang with us all of the sudden. Think about it, doesn't it seem odd." 

Everyone thought about it for a second. 

"That's true.. I mean, looking how they acted today for them to apologize that fast isn't particularly normal." Jun said. 

"But whatever. If you guys wanna go then go. Cause I'm not trying to fall down any cliffs." Emily said crossing her arms. 

"I'm going.." you said. 

"Wow.. you've gone crazy." Emily replied in disbelief. 

"I know it seems weird but I'm curious to what their intentions are." you admit. 

"I'll go with you." Joshua offered. 

"You don't have to." 

"I'm going with you." 

"If they're going we should all go.." The8 said. 

"Yeah. I'm actually wondering what they're really up to." Hoshi admits. 

Everyone nods in unison, and decided they were going to go with you and Joshua.

"How about it Emily?" Mingyu asked. 

Emily rolled her eyes. "Fine. I guess we couldn't let them go alone. What if they kill Joshua or (y/n). At least we'd be there to call the cops." 

"Okay, I'll call Vernon and tell him then." Jeonghan said. 

*Phone rings*

"Did you guys decide on an answer?" Vernon asked on the other line.

"Yeah. We're all gonna go." 
"Great! I'll text you the address to where we should meet up to hike." Vernon said brightly. 

"See you tomorrow." Jeonghan said hanging up the phone. 

It was getting late so everyone decided to leave. Leaving only you and Joshua left. 

"I'm going home. It's getting late." you say. 

"I'll drive you home." Joshua says.

"It's okay. I'll bus or walk." 

"You're my girlfriend now. I can't just let you walk alone at night."

"Taekwondo. Remember?" you said pretending to punch and kick something. 

Joshua pinched both of your cheeks like a baby. "Ugh, you're so cute."
"So are youuuuu." you said grabbing on to his cheeks. 
You guys were dying of laughter from how stupid you both looked. 

"Hm.. How about you just sleep here tonight?" Joshua suggested.

"Yah. ert. You changed my clothes today without me knowing and now you want me to sleep with you?" 

"First of all missy. There wasn't anything to look at, and second, why can't a man sleep with his girlfriend?" 

"Ommo, how shameless." you say surprised. 

"What? We're just gonna sleep in one bed. No kissing or touching. Just cuddling." he said. "Unless.."Joshua said raising an eyebrow.

"Just take me home." you say. 

"No." Joshua said crossing his arms and making the puppy dog face. 

"Fine, but I don't have my pj's." you say.  

"Wear my clothes. You look so cute in my clothes. The t-shirts are normal for me, but they're dresses for you." 

"Hey, tryna say something about my height here?" you say putting your hands on your hips. 

"I'm saying that my girlfriend is so freaking adorable. Plus being short is good. It means I can do this." Joshua picked you up bridal style.

"YAH FREAKO PUT ME DOWN." you said punching his chest. 

"Freako? I'm hurt by the fact that you think I'd do something erted."

"YOU'RE A BOY. I CAN'T HELP IT."

"It's been a long day. Lets just go to bed." Joshua said walking to the bedroom. 

"I can walk." you say.

"But carrying you is fun, plus it gives me a mini workout." 

You felt offended that he said that.  "HEY. ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT."

"NOOOOO." he said defensively. "Plus I wouldn't even care if you were fat. I'd get fat and we'd roll around together." 

You started laughing at his adorable joke. Joshua placed you on his bed.

"Wasn't that fun?" he asked. 

"Yup!" you said happily. 

"I'm gonna go shower. You can just change into a white t-shirt in the drawer." Joshua said pointing at one of his drawers. You smiled signalling for him that it was okay to go. While he was gone in the shower you walked around to take a look at his room. He was super neat and organized. All of his clothes were neatly folded. He had pictures of his parents which you've never seen before. You stood next to his baby picture adoring the baby Joshua. 

After a couple of minutes of walking around you decided to change into his white shirt.

*With Joshua in the bathroom*

Joshua took off his shirt and realized that he forgot to get a towel. 

"Dang it.. I forgot a towel. I wonder if she's done changing." he said to himself. He thought that it was fine since it had been a couple of minutes, so he decided to go out 
 

*Back to you in the room* 
"Darn I forgot to ge-" 

You were shocked by Joshua coming out of the bathroom because you thought that they he was still showering. 

"Wow ." he said.
Lost you said, "Huh?" 

His t-shirt stopped right at your bum. There was some revealing but nothing too much. It was almost like you were trying to .

"Th- th-that t-shirt uhm, looks g-good on you." he stuttered. 

"Are you okay?" you asked. 

"U-uhm ME? YEAH. Perfectly okay." 

"Why're you acting so weird." 

"N-no reason. Forgot a towel. Ya know. So I came out to get it." 

"Really? Oh here." you said handing him the towel on his bed. 

"Thanks" 

"Yeah. Your welcome. Go shower now." you said shooing him away. 

Joshua left, but before he closed the door he took one last peek. 
 

*After the shower* 

"Ready to cuddle?" he said.

"Ew. I don't want to cuddle with you." you joked. 

He sniffed himself, "But I'm clean." he said.

"Just come here stupid. " you said motioning him to lay down. 

You guys positioned yourself and got comfortable. Your head was on his chest. You could feel his chest rise when he breathed in, and lowering when he breathed out. 

"First day dating and we're already cuddling and sleeping together." Joshua said with his arms around you. 

"You already skipped first base so what're you so shocked about. Remember you changed me today?" you say. 

"It was either that or you freezing to death." 

"You always take care of me." you admit.

"Because I'm always going to be protecting you." he says.

"I need to admit something.." 

"Anything." 

You felt guilty for not telling him the truth. "Right now I might be with you but I can't guarantee that my heart is fully with you." 

"I understand." he said

"Do you?" you ask.

"I might not fully understand but I'll try." 

"You're the best." you say reaching his cheek for a kiss. 

"WOAH DID YOU JUST KISS ME?" he said sitting up.

"Then who could it have been." you said sitting up with him 

"But I wanted to give you a kiss first .." he sulked 

"Fine. Let's forget I ever kissed you then. That means I'm taking my kiss back. Goodnight." you said laying back down. 

Joshua stayed sitting up confused with what just happened. You were acting grumpy so you decided to roll yourself up into a ball with the blanket so he wouldn't have any part of it.
"Heyy .. Who am I gonna cuddle with now." Joshua said pouting. 

You ignored him and rolled to the other side of the bed. But he took your body and rolled you over so you couldn't do anything since your arms were wrapped up inside of the blanket. 

"ROLL ME BACK." you shouted. 

He layed ontop of you and got close to your face. 

"Nopeee." he teased.

"YAH. ERT! PER-VERT AL-ERRRRRT!" you screamed. 

Joshua took his hand and covered your mouth. "AIGOO YOUR VOICE IS SO LOUD." 

You shook your head so he would get rid of his hand. "What." you said angrily. 
He leaned a little closer.. and closer.. and a little closer.. Until he finally got to your lips. 
"Thats a first kiss." 

 

You couldn't help but madly blush. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*NEXT MORNING*
 

The sun woke you up, while Joshua was still sleeping. When you woke up last nights kiss was the first thing that popped into your head. Just thinking about it brought butterflies to your stomach. You decided to get out of the bed and stretch. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Joshua said suddenly. 

You nearly fell of the bed shocked by his voice. "OMMO I ALMOST DIED." 

"Where you are going." he still had his morning voice. It was deeper than his usual one. 
"I was just going to stretch." you say. 

"What time is it?" he asks.

You looked at the clock and it was 10. Your hike was supposed to be at 11.

*DING DONG* 

You and Joshua both looked at eachother. It was only 10 and you weren't expecting anyone. You walked out of the bed with Joshua tailing behind you. Opening the door you saw everyone. 


"MORRRNING!" they yelled. 

You and Joshua were still a bit dazzy from waking up.

"Come in." you say gesturing them into the house, but they didn't move.

"Aren't you coming in?" Joshua asked. 

"Wait .. Did (y/n) spend the night here?" DK said. 

"Woahh .. (y/n) is wearing his shirt." Dino said eyeing you up and down. 

Joshua immediately walked in front of you to cover you. You laughed at him being so overprotective of you.

"Awe. How cute." Emily said. 

"We brought some breakfast and decided to come here and eat with you guys." The8 said

"Seems like they were having a nice time with each other.." Woozi teased. 

"Looking at her hair.." said Emily while pointing to your head. "And looking at his hair .." Emily said pointing to Joshua's head. "It seems like they were having breakfast themselves" 

"YAH! NOTHING HAPPENED" you said. 

"Well .. I wouldn't say nothing .." Joshua said teasingly. 
You jumped on his back and started pulling his hair. 

"WHAT HAPPENED? HUH? SAY IT"

"SORRY. SORRY. NOTHING HAPPENED." Joshua pleaded. 
Everyone started laughing at your guys fight. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After having breakfast you guys decided to go meet up with Lilly and Vernon. 

*At the place* 
 

"Hey guys!" Lilly greeted you happily. 

 

"Hi.." Emily said half heartedly. 

"So should we start our hike?" Vernon asked. 

"Yeah let's go." Jun said. 
 

You guys walked for a while without saying anything. Vernon and Lilly were hold hands the whole time while you and Joshua were walking freely. 
 

"Are you guys tired?" Lilly ask. 

Everyone said that they were ok, and didn't feel tired yet. While walking Lilly started talking to break the silence.

"About yesterday I'm really sorry." 

"You should be.." Emily whispered. 

"I know I should be. I don't know what got into me."

"Neither did we.You attitude caught all of us off guard" Dino hissed. 

"I was hopping that during this hike we could start to bond and become friends you know?" Lilly said. 

"Ehh.. It's gonna take a lot more time then a hike to bond." Emily admitted. 

"I actually brought some food. We can just walk a couple of more minutes and there should be a spot to rest near that cliff over there." Lilly said pointing at the top. 

"CLIFF. WHY WOULD WE GO NEAR A CLIFF." Emily said raising her voice. 

"I just thought the view would be nice up there.." Lilly said confused. 

"Babe..Calm down." Woozi whispered to Emily. 

"Fine. Whatever. Let's keep going. BUT I AIN'T GETTING NEAR THE EGD WITH YOU." said Emily. 

You guys continued to hike for a couple of more minutes until you finally reached the top. It was hard getting up there because of all the rocks. So Joshua held onto your hand tightly just incase you fell. 
When you got up there everyone sat down while Lilly passed out water bottles and sandwiches. 

You wanted to get a better view so you walked a little closer near the edge. 

"Don't get too close (y/n)" Joshua warned. 

"I know." you ensured him. 

Lilly walked over to join you. 
"Hi." she said. 

"Hi" you say back. 

"I have something to ask you." 

"What." you say.

"Are you and Joshua dating now?" she asks.

"Yeah we are." you say. 

"Oh .. I see." she said sounding sad. 

 

"How're you and Vernon? " you ask. 
 

"We're fine. Couldn't be happier." she said with a smile. 

"That's good.." you say awkwardly. 

"I guess so.. you and Joshua must be so happy.." 

"Yeah .." you say. 

"It would if you just fell off of here wouldn't it?" she says.
You were scared by her words so you decided to leave. 

 

 

 

"I'm going to go to the rest of the guys." you said pointing towards the group. While walking you didn't get your footing right on the bumpy path and slipped, you were about to roll down the steep path that you onced hiked on until you felt a pair of hands grab you. You looked to see that it was Lilly. Because she pushed you back she also fell, but her body rolled down the path violently. 

"LILLY!"  you screamed. 

Everyone rushed down the steep to check on her. 

"LILLY. ARE YOU CONSCIOUS?" Joshua asked picking her up. 

She didn't respond. There were bruises and cuts all over her body from the rocks and sticks. 

"CALL 119." Joshua said. 

Vernon pulled out his phone and quickly dialed the number. It took the paramedics 30 minutes to come. She was put in the ambulance and taken to the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE HOSPITAL* 

Everyone was outside the waiting room. It had been hours since the doctor reported that she would be unconscious for a while. The fall was so long that they predicted she would lose parts of her memory. Since it had been hours most of the guys went home, you, Joshua, and Vernon decided to stay. 

Another hour passed by and the doctor asks for Joshua because he was the closest to her out of you three. Leaving you and Vernon left alone. 
 

"What happened?" Vernon asked. 
"I tripped but she pushed my out of the way and ended up going down the path..." you explain. 

"She's gonna be okay." he says.

"I hope so. I feel so bad. I wasn't expecting for her to do that." 

*Doctor comes out* 

"I'm sorry to announce this but Lilly's legs are now paralyzed. She can never walk again and will be needing physical therapy to start walking again." the doctor announce. 

A wave of guilt hit you. You couldn't believe that she wouldn't be able to walk. This was all your fault you thought to yourself. If you didn't get near the cliff then none of this would happen. 
"Are you sure that she won't be able to walk again?" asked Vernon. 

"She will be able to but she will need to put in a lot of time and effort in order to reuse her legs again." the doctor explains and walks off. 

"She's awake.. but still very tired. She told me that she wants me to stay with her for the night." Joshua says. 

"Go ahead. Please stay." you tell him. It was the least thing you could do. It was all your fault for being so stupid. 

"I'll stay, you take (y/n) home." Vernon said. 

"No. She said she wanted me to stay." Joshua replies.

"Stay. Please stay. If I didn't get close to the edge then this wouldn't have happened." you say tears forming. 

"(y/n) this was an accident. It could've happened to anyone." Vernon explains. 

Joshua took you in his arms and hugged you. "Calm down ok? This isn't your fault. This is a situation that no one saw coming." 

Vernon was hurt seeing you in his embrace. The jealous was growing by the second. 

You continued to cry in his arms. The guilt was too much for you to handle. You wished to go back in time to fixed everything. 

"Vernon, please take (y/n) home for me." Joshua asked vernon. 

"Of course." Vernon said. 
Joshua left to go with Lilly into the hospital room. You and Vernon walked to his car without saying a word. 

*In Vernon's car* 

"Are you alright?" Vernon asks. 

"I-I'm fine." you say stuttering 

"This isn't your fault you know." he says. 

"No it is. If I didn't get near that stupid cliff then she wouldn't be in this position." 

"Just liked Joshua said. This was a situation no one saw coming." 

"Either way. I should've been the one to fall down. I should've been the one who's legs are paralyzed." you explained while rubbing your hands nervously together. Vernon parked the car and took both of your hands into his. 

"I-I never meant for things to get this bad." you say sobbing furiously while shaking
"Shh .. don't cry. It's okay." he said while holding you. 

You guys sat in that position for a few minutes until you stopped crying. 

"Better?" he asks. 

You only nodded while rubbing the tears out of your eyes. Vernon took your hands off of your face and whipped the tears with his hands. "Do you know how much I missed you." Vernon says while rubbing your cheeks with his hands. You didn't say anything, the same feeling came back..  Exactly like the night in the cabin.

"Vernon stop." you says taking his hand off your face. 

"I'm sorry.. I forgot you were with Joshua now."

"Don't forget that you're with Lilly too." you warned. 

Vernon wished that you didn't say that because it wasn't true. He wanted to say that he wasn't with Lilly, he only wanted to be with you. He only wanted to comfort and hold you. He didn't want anyone else doing that. Only him. But the only words that came out of his mouths were, "Oh .. I guess." 

"Lets forget everything that happened between us." you say out of the blue. 

Vernon didn't say anything. 

"Vernon?" 

He still didn't say anything. 
"Speak up. " you pleaded him.  "VERNON!" 

He took a deep breathe in," I can't (y/n). I can't. Do you know how hard that would be? Not seeing you kills me. Acting like a total jerk kills me. I really didn't want to act like that with you but there's something in me that I just can't stop. When I looked at you and Joshua at the dinner table my heart shattered into pieces. Seeing you guys holding hands while hiking felt like knives stabbing into my heart. Everything was so crazy. I don't know what came over me during those times where I scared you, and the times that I messed with you. I don't know (y/n).. I just don't know. I'm so sorry .." His harshed eyes softened into that old Vernon you knew. A shiny gloss was slowly covering his eyes, from the tears beginning to fall down his cheek.. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AT THE HOSPITAL* 
 

Lilly finally woke up from her deep sleep.  

"You're awake." Joshua said. 

"You're still here?" Lilly said surprised. 

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" 

"I thought you'd be with (y/n)" Lilly said. 

"Well I couldn't leave you alone in this state." he says. 

"Oh.. so you do care about me still." her voice was filled with hope.

"Lilly, let's not go down this path again." 

"No.. this proves that you care about me still." she said sounding desperate. 
"I'm sorry but the only reason why I'm doing this is because I feel sorry. It's nothing but pure friendship. Nothing more then that." Joshua admit. 

"WHY." Lilly says. "WHY IS IT HER. WHY IS IT NOT ME. WHY IS IT HER." Lilly says raising her voice.

"Calm down Lilly." 

"MY LEGS GOT PARALYZED BECAUSE OF YOU." she shouts

"Of me?" Joshua said confused. 

"YOU STILL DON'T CARE. NO ING SH*T CHANGED. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A TURN IN HEART? NO SYMPATHY? DON'T YOU FEEL GUILTY? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE COMING BACK TO ME NOW?" Lilly said now shouting.

Joshua's face twisted in confusion. 

She took one last breath and confessed. "I FELL ON PURPOSE. JUST TO GET YOUR LOVE AND CARE BACK. MY LEGS ARE NOW PARALYZED ALL BECAUSE OF YOU AND NOTHING? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT... CAN'T YOU SEE MY LOVE FOR YOU?"