Chapter 10: First date

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

Emily and Woozi left because you told them too. You wanted to be alone, just to have some space. 
"If you need anything call us ok?" Woozi suggested. 

"The rest of the guys were worried about you too. We'll tell them you're doing fine." Emily said 

You were exhausted so all you did was wave and nod your head. Laying in bed you thought about what happened between you and Vernon. If everything was planned to get Joshua back then why didn't he speak up when you and Joshua were playing truth or dare? How did everything get this bad? 

*KNOCK KNOCK* 

"Come in." 

Joshua finally came back. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. I still have a headache." 

He walks over and places his hand on your forehead. 

"Awe, you still have a low fever." Joshua says 

"Thanks for everything." 

"It's nothing. I'm glad you're feeling better." 

You sat up still rolled up in the blanket, you looked like you were trapped in a cocoon. Joshua started chuckling at your struggle to get up.

"You're so cute." he says

"I don't feel so cute right now." you admit.

You looked at his face and his expressions changed. It looked liked he was going to tell you something,  but you weren't sure what he wanted to say.

"Is there something on your mind?" you ask

"Listen (y/n) I have to tell you something. "

"Is it about Lilly? And how she's here to get you back."

"How'd you know?"

"Emily. " you say 

"Of course."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." he said

"It's fine. It's not your fault." you say 

"I went to talk with Vernon earlier.." Joshua admitted.

"Did he tell you everything that happened..?"

"Mhm." was all Joshua could say.

"Oh . I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth." you say.

"So what're you going to do?" he asks.

"I really don't know . I'm so confused. To the point that I just wanna cry and throw tantrums and break things." you said with tears forming in your eyes.

"If you're going to cry at least cry when I'm around. I only want you crying with me. " Joshua said putting your head on his shoulder. You guys sat for a couple of minutes in that position while you cried it out. Joshua was patting and comforting you the whole time. You hugged him holding onto his waist realizing how lucky you were to have him by your side. Always comforting you.  Maybe you should just forget about Vernon and go to Joshua. But that was something easier said than done. 
"Alright. No more crying. How about we go get some ice cream?"

"Vanilla?" you ask whipping your tears.

"You know it."

Joshua unraveled you from your cocoon. You tried standing up but your legs were numb. 

"How about I give you a piggy back ride?" 

"No it's okay .." you said shyly 

"Common! I can do it. Get on." Joshua said getting into position. 

"Noooo. It's fine." you said backing up. 

Joshua turned around and ended up grabbing you and putting your body over his shoulder.

"JOSHUA! I'M GONNA FALL!" you shout

"You'll be fine." he said walking out of the room.

"WAIT."

"WHAT." he said freezing in his spot.

You forgot that you didn't change clothes. "I didn't change clothes yet." 

"Oh yeah. I'll wait for you outside." Joshua said putting you back on the ground.

"Wait."

"What now." he asks

You were still curious to who changed your clothes. "Uhm .. Who changed my clothes ..?" you asked shyly. 

"I did." 

Your eyes got wide. 

"BU-BUT I DID IT IN THE DARK. I COULDN'T LEAVE YOU WET AND COLD." Joshua said defensively

"Did you touch anything .." you said

He started laughing. 

"Why're you laughing!" 
"Cause there's nothing to touch." Joshua said sticking his tongue out and running away.

You grabbed a slipper and chucked it at him. "YAHHH! GET BACK HERE I'LL SHOW YOU SOMETHING! WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOTHING." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*At Lilly's house*

"What happened between you two?" Lilly asks.

"Wanna get a drink?" Vernon asked Lilly.

"Sure. Why not." 

Vernon and Lilly drove to a bar near the house.

"What'd you guys talk about that made you want to drink?" 

Vernon took a shot before he spoke. "I'm so sick of life."

 

 Did your car ride with her not go well?"
"Not at all. We kissed but I ed everything up after that. She ran away, got sick, and now Joshua has her at his place." Vernon said. 
"I guess you're not the only one that got dumped."

"How'd things go with Joshua and you?"
Lilly took a quick shot "I got dumped too." said Lilly.

Vernon started laughing softly.

"Why're you laughing? Did you finally go crazy?" Lilly asked confused
"We both got dumped. Why doesn't sh*t like this happen?" Vernon says 
Lilly started to chuckle "I know right. But the worse thing is that your "girlfriend" and my EX boyfriend like each other. We tried so hard but nothing worked." 

"Relationships are dumb. Love is dumb. Effort is dumb." 

" I AGREE! CHEERS TO ED UP LOVE" Lilly said holding up her shot glass. Vernon raised his and they both took a drink. 
"Maybe we should just hook up." Lilly joked. 

Vernon didn't say anything for a while. "Why not?" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"With you and Joshua* 

You guys were at an ice cream shop eating your Vanilla ice cream cones. Joshua was telling jokes and funny stories. Your mind was off of Vernon, and you were happy.

 

"(Y/N)!!" Joshua yelled.

You turned to look at him. "WHAT" He whipped ice cream on your nose when you turned.

"Heyyy! What was that for?" you whined while whipping the ice cream off your face. 

"For throwing that shoe at me earlier!" 

"You deserved it. You're lucky I didn't use my taekwondo skills on you." you threatened. 

Joshua laughed at your comment. "Where do you wanna go?" he asked. 

"Hmm . I don't know. Is there anywhere you wanna go?" you asked. 

"I've been wanting to go to the arcade or ice skating lately."

"LETS GO!" you said standing up.

"But you're sick still."

"Are you sure you still have the energy to do all of this?" asked Joshua

"Of course I do! You do so much for me. This is the least I could do for you. Let's go." you said grabbing Joshua's arm and pulling him. He stopped and didn't move.

"What's wrong?" you asked.

"Let's make this our first date." he said coyly 

"Date?"

"It's okay if you don't want it to be.." he says. 

You smiled at his shyness. He didn't make any eye contact with you. 

"IT'S A DATE!" you say happily. 

Joshua raised his head, and flashed you his charming smile that made your heart race. 

First you guys went ice skating. You never skated so you kept on falling. Joshua saw how wobbly you were so he went to the side of you and grabbed your waist stabilizing your clumsy self. 

"Here, let me help you." 
You could feel his body brush and bumped against yours. Whenever you turned around to look at him his face was only inches away from yours. You weren't paying attention to where you were going so you fell and took him down with you. He landed right on top of you. 

"U-Uhm. Sorry." you say. Your faces were so close to each other, you could feel his breathing. He stayed in that position for a second and quickly stood up getting you up as well.

"Maybe we should try the arcade." he suggested.

"Good idea." 

You guys laughed while you continued to wobble your way off the ice rink. 

*At the arcade*

"Should I win you a stuffed animal?" Joshua asks.

"Omma, how cheesy are you." you joked.

Joshuas face quickly darkened. "Sorry .." he said while awkwardly scratching his head

 

"I'm kidding. Will you?" you said grabbing his arm and pouting. 

You guys went to one of those crane machines. After about 5 tries you told him to stop trying. 

"It's okay Joshua. You don't have to waste your money." 

"No! I'm going to get you that stuffed bear." You knew Joshua wouldn't leave until he got that teddy bear for you. After another 2 tries he finally got it. It was so cute seeing him get excited when he finally got it.  You guys hanged out at the arcade until it got boring. 

"(y/n) do you want to go booth shopping?"

"Nooo. You always buy me things." you insist. 

"Please. You said that I always do things for you, so can't you do this for me?" he asks.

"Do you guilt trip people all the time?" 

"Only with you." he winked.

"Aigooo. So cheesy." you say

"Cheesiest!"

You guys went to little booths that sold hair clips and jewelry. Joshua would put a bunch of clips onto your hair and take pictures. You did the same thing with him, you took a gigantic bow and put it on him. He was embarrassed but you took a picture to make the moment last forever. 

Joshua crossed his arms and said,"You better delete that." 
"Then you delete my pictures!" you respond.

"NOPE!" he said

"THEN NOPE!"

"Fine . I'll make it my wallpaper then." he said while taking his phone out.

"TWO CAN PLAY IT THAT WAY." you took out your phone and set his picture as your wallpaper. "No we can both look equally stupid." you say.

"I'm fine with that." 

You guys laughed and continued to walk. You decided to walk home until you passed a booth that was selling a locket bracelet. 

"What're you staring at?" Joshua asked.

"That bracelet." you said pointing through the glass mirror. 

Joshua left and went inside the store before you could even stop him. 

"Excuse me. Could I get these two bracelets?" Joshua asked the clerk.

"Absolutely." the clerk responded. 

"Joshua. No I don't want it." you say.

"I wanted to buy it to keep it as a memory of this day." 

The clerk interrupted. "Couple usually buy this bracelet. It comes with a key. Once you guys put these bracelets on you can't get them off. They'll only come off with this key." he said while handing you the key. The key was put onto a chain that you were supposed to wear as a necklace.

"I see." you say putting the key around your neck. 

Joshua put the bracelet on your wrist, and you put his on his wrist. He paid the clerk and left. You guys decided to go buy some ingredients to host a dinner at Joshua's house. 

"You didn't have to buy this you know?" 

"I want to. It'll remind us of our first "date". Joshua says. 

"Can I ask you something?" you say

"Of course. Anything." said Joshua 

"Do you really like me?" you regretted your words right after. 

"Hmm. You're alright.. Not really my type." Joshua said checking you out.

"Aigoo. How harsh." you say sadly.

"I'm kidding. I like you a lot."

"Even if you know about Vernon?" you say 

"Even if I know about Vernon." he ensures. 

You stopped walking "I'm sorry.. I can't choose between you two." 

"I don't need you to choose. I won't care if you choose Vernon or me. As long as your content then nothing will matter to me." Joshua says while continuing to walk leaving you in your spot. 

"Don't look so sad. Let's just enjoy tonight okay?" Joshua said turning around. You guys were 20 feet apart. You ran all the way in front of him and hugged him tightly. 

"I'm sorry that I can't say the words that you want me to say, and that I'm so indecisive." you say with your head on his chest.
Joshua let out a soft chuckle and hugged you back, while patting you on the head. "As long as you're still here with me, nothing will matter okay? Take your time to figure things out and think." he says. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After buying your groceries you guys went back to Joshua's house to cook. You decided to cook a big dinner to invite everyone over. Everyone except Lilly and Vernon. 

*DING DONG* 

"WE'RE HERE!" Jun,Jeonghan,Hoshi,Seungkwang,DK,Dino,Woozi,Emily,S.Coups, The8,Wonwoo, and Mingyu arrived at the same time.

"Come in guys!" you say welcoming everyone. 
Half of the guys went into the living, while the other half went into the kitchen to help Joshua cook. 
Emily grabbed your arm and pulled you into the bathroom. 
"SOOO WHAT HAPPENED?" Emily said. 

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"I saw that you guys went on a date." 

"Hey! How'd you know? Stalker .. Plus it wasn't really a date" 

"I wasn't stalking .. Me and Woozi were at the ice skating rink too you know. We saw you two and decided to .. ya know. Watch you from afar." Emily said trying to sound innocent. 

"Where'd you guys stalk us till?" you asked.

"Probably from the ice skating rink all the way until the grocery store."

"Aigoo.. what a weirdo."

"Couple bracelets." Emily said excitedly while pointing to your wrist. 

"NO. NOW LETS GET GOING BEFORE THEY ASK FOR US." you saying trying to push Emily out of the bathroom.

 

*OUTSIDE WITH THE GUYS*

 

 

"Hey Joshua where's your phone?" The8 asked.

"On the counter over there. Why?"

"You always have fun games on it." The8 said while unlocking Joshua's phone. "WOOAH! IS THIS (Y/N)?" he asked.

"Oh yeah." Joshua admitted shyly. 

"Ayeeeee. Are you guys dating?" Hoshi asked.

"No. What're you talking about." Joshua defended. 

"Oh! (y/n) phone is ringing." Dino says while picking up the phone. "Hello?" 
"Dino?" Vernon said across the phone.

"Vernon?" 

"Why're you picking up (y/n) phone?" 

"Ahh .. We're at Joshua's house having dinner." Dino says.

"Oh. Okay. I'll just call later." Vernon said hanging up the phone. 

Dino ended the call and saw Joshua on your phone.

"WOOAHHH THEY'RE REALLY DATING. JOSHUA IS HER WALLPAPER!" 

"WOOOOTTT WOOOOT" Hoshi cheered. 

"Go Joshua!" said Woozi.

Joshua was surprised by the guys reaction, but at the same time amused. 

You and Emily get out of the bathroom with the guys staring at you. 

"What?" you asked confused. 

"Noootthinngggggg." Woozi says mischievously. 

"Weirdos" you say. "Do you need help with anything?" you ask Joshua. 

"Yeah. Could actually start cutting the tomatoes and potatoes please." 

"Sure thing." you said with a smile. 

"Maybe we should give some space for these two." Jun teased. 

"Yah." you and Joshua said both raising a knife.

"HEY! LOOK THEY'RE BOTH ABUSIVE!" Woozi said. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner was finally ready. Everyone say together and started eating. It was such an enjoyable time for you. To think about it today was a great day. You wished everyday was like this. You guys were just chatting about random things. 
Seungkwang raised his fork all of the sudden. "Wait.." 

"What's wrong? Does the food not taste right?" Joshua asked. 

"No no. That's not it." he said. 

"Then what?" you ask. 

Seungkwang aimed his fork toward yours and Joshua's wrist. 

"COUPLE BRACELETTTSSS?!" Everyone exclaimed. 

You guys didn't say anything. The only thing you did was blush.

"Heyy now. Is (y/n) blushing?" Emily teased.

"OH! NO. I THINK JOSHUA IS TOO!" Mingy
Everyone started to laugh and make fun of you. 

*DING DONG*

"Who could that be?" Wonwoo said while standing up to get the door. 

"Hi everyone." it was Vernon. Arms locked with Lilly. 

Everyone turned to look at them while they invited themselves to the table.

"Why do I feel so offended that we weren't invited?" Lilly said. 

"Probably cause we don't like you.." Emily whispered hold in her anger. 

"How'd you find out we were here?"  Woozi asked. 

"Vernon told me that Dino said you guys were here."

Dino hid his face while everyone gave him death glares. 

Lilly covered in shock"Ommo!"

"What." Emily asked staring at Lilly.

"Are they wearing couple bracelets?" 

You and Vernon made eye contact. You could feel your happiness deteriorate by the second. Looking at him only brought back sadness. Nothing but sadness and anger. You wanted to walk away from the table.

"That's none of your business." Emily spat. 

"I'm not sure I like your tone against my girlfriend." Vernon shocked everyone with his defensive tone.

"Dude. We all know that yall aren't really dating. Come on. How could you actually LIKE someone like her." asked S.Coups. 
"Can you not say that? She's really my girlfriend." Vernon said raising their couple rings in the air. 

Tears were forming in your eyes again. Joshua noticed and grabbed your hand under the table. You held it so tight that your knuckles turned white.

"Yup. We're ACTUALLY dating now. We even slept together." Lilly shamelessly admitted. 

You let go of Joshua's and left the table. Joshua chased after you. 

"You guys should just leave." S.Coups said. 

"I guess we're not wanted here babe." Vernon said while grabbing Lilly's hand. 

Lilly waved goodbye. "Bye everyone. See you later" she said with a smirk. 

"I WANT TO TAKE MY FORK AND STAB HER WITH THIS." Emily said. 

Dino agreed. "Everyone does.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Outside the balcony*

"(Y/N)!" Joshua yelled trying to grab your hand.

"Hm." you say refusing to face him. 

"Look at me.." he asks.

"No." you said sniffling

"Please.." he said tugging on your hand. You refused and shook him off. Joshua couldn't watch you cry anymore. He took your hand and spun you around. 

"Stop crying . I can't stand it when I see you cry over him. Do you know how much it hurts me?" he says pulling you  into a tight hug. 

You tried to speak through your sobs. "Why does it hurt. It's not supposed to. Why does he have to act this way?" 

Joshua released you from the hug. You were still in a daze not knowing what to do. He took his hands and ripped the necklace off your neck.

"Joshua! What're you doing?" you said shocked.

"I'm going to be keeping this necklace from now on. Until I unlock the bracelet myself then you can leave me. From here on you're mine. I won't let you get hurt anymore, I won't let you cry because of him anymore. The only times you'll be crying from now on is because of happiness. Not because of your heart breaking. Not because of Lilly. Not because of Vernon. Not ever. Okay?" 

"Joshua.." you say looking at him. 

"(y/n) I've fallen for you and I don't know what to do .."