Chapter 16: Drunk

Ugly Beauty (seventeen fanfic)

SIDENOT: I'm just curious but are you guys still enjoying my story? I'm afraid that you've gotten bored of it. If you do feel that way, please leave a comment and tell me so I know wheather I should end the story or keep going. I'm sorry but I'm kind of at a slump right now, I'm afraid that you guys aren't liking the story anymore. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*WITH JOSHUA AND EVERYONE ELSE* 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Emily said shocked. 

"I couldn't.." Joshua said. 

"NO, THIS ISN'T HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO." Lilly shouted.  "WHY'D YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING!!" 

"Because a b*tch like you doesn't deserve anything like this.." Emily snapped at Lilly. 

"Let's just talk about this later, there's too many people here.." Joshua said. 

"But shouldn't we solve this now?" Woozi said. 

Lilly's mom walked in, "What're you guys doing?" she asked.

"EXPOSING YOUR DAUGHTER'S LIES!" shouted Dino.

"We knew you guys were lying all along. Threatening Joshua to marry her? Wow, how low." said Emily. 

Mrs.Lee's expression was darkened by Lilly's words.  "What ever just happened let's talk about it later, important people are here." she says. 
Lilly and Joshua went back to the party and continued to host their guests as if nothing ever happened. 

"Woahhh. This is unbelievable." Jun said.

"It's believable to me. Of course she'd pull some sh*t like that." said Emily.

"What do we do now.." asks Seungkwang. 

"We just have to wait for Joshua.." says Emily. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 

"And you call me shameless?" said Vernon.

"Just getting revenge." you say getting off of him. 

"What a tease." Vernon says. 

"Learnt it from you." you say.

"Ok fine, are you done messing with me?" 

"Ehh, I guess so." you say while getting under the covers.

"Do I get to sleep on the bed with you?"

"What do you think." you say giving him a look. 
"The floor it is."  Vernon says grabbing a pillow.

You guys laid there quietly without saying anything to each other. The situation reminded you of the first time you and him slept in the same room. 
"Doesn't this situation remind you of something?" you ask him. 

"The first time we slept with each other in the same room?" he answers.

"Yup, it was so awkward." you admit. "You're confession wasn't helping either." 

"Oh yeah, hold on to me, was what I said." 

"Yeah.. "

"I still mean it." 

"You do?" you ask.

"Of course, no matter what happens I'll always be here. You can always hold on to me in any situation. If there's something bothering you, you can always call me or talk to me." 

"Really?" you ask for assurance. 
"Yes, really." Vernon answers. 
"Thanks. Not just for saying that but for today. I was really happy." you tell him. 

"I was really happy too." he admits. 

"Goodnight." you say. 

"Night."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*THAT NIGHT WITH JOSHUA, MRS.LEE, AND LILLY* 
After the wedding Joshua went to Mrs.Lee and Lilly's house. 
 

"You're friends found out?" Mrs.Lee says.

"Yeah." he responded. "Did you know that Lilly was lying the whole time?" 

"I only lied so you would come back to me. Even if my legs worked still, you wouldn't even talk to me." Lilly explains.

"I felt bad, thinking that it was actually MY fault. You kept blaming me, but this whole time you've deceived me. Not only that but you said that you would hurt (y/n) if I didn't marry you. That's the only reason why I actually agreed to getting engaged. Now that I know all of this is just a plan, I'm leaving." he said angrily.

"Joshua, you can't just leave. People from the company have already met you, if they found out that Lilly just got a divorce in the matter of a day, everything would blow up on the news." Mrs.Lee says. 

"Well then you should've thought of that before you planned everything." Joshua says annoyed.

"Joshua please stay.. I really do love you.. I did all of this just to prove it to you." Lilly says. 

"You didn't need to prove anything to me! I didn't want you to! Look what kind of mess you've created. Do you really want to live the rest of your life in a wheel chair?" 

Lilly started crying. 

"Joshua, I don't know what your deal is but can you just accept the fact that you guys just got married and you can't do anything about it?" Mrs.Lee says. 

"YOU GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE." Joshua said storming out of the house. 

He took his phone and called Emily to help.

"Joshua?" Emily asked. 

"Help me, I don't what to do.." he says.

"Okay what happened." she says.

"Lilly's mom won't let me leave her. People at the company have already met me so in order to keep everything running smoothly I can't go." 

"Waaa.. she's unbelievable. First she lies about her legs, then she wants to kill (y/n). This girl is no joke." 

"Exactly, and I don't know what to do."  he says. 

"So they're really not letting you leave?" 

"Pretty sure they won't." 
"Just stay with them for now." 

"Really?" 

"Yes, act like you actually love her but don't give her a lot of the attention." 
"Huh." Joshua said confused. 

"Get close to her, then destroy her." 

"Are you really expecting me to understand what you're trying to say right now?" 

"What I mean is get close to her and try to find out a secret that you can use against her. Tell the whole company, exploit everything."

"Her legs are one." 

"But that's not believable. It's not like if I tell her to get out of her chair she will." 

"THE PICTURE!" Emily exclaimed.

"What picture."

"Woozi took a picture when Lilly stood up as proof. We were going to show it to you but you were already there." 

"Anddd..?" he says.

"Take that picture, and tell them that if they don't let you go then you will give this picture to the news." 

"GOOD IDEA. When can you give me the picture?" Joshua asks. 

"I'll text you the picture right now." she says.

"Thanks." 

"Joshua are you still in love with (y/n)?.." Emily said coyly.

"Yeah.. But I know she's with Vernon now." Joshua says. 

"Are you and her going to get back together?" she asks.

"I don't know.. I'm not sure if she even likes me after I did that. I might be too late, Vernon and her are off together and here I am." he says.

"I see.."

"Thanks for the picture, I'll tell you what happens." 

"Good luck." Emily said hanging up the phone. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 
During the middle of the night you were woken up by the cold. You looked around to see if Vernon was still on the ground. He was in fetal position on the ground asleep, slowly you stood up and took your blanket along, placing it on him. You sat on the floor for a moment to look at him, he looked so peaceful when he was asleep. You took your hand to brush the hair out of his face, all of the sudden he grabs your hand. 

 

"It's not nice to stare when someone's sleeping." Vernon says with his eyes closed.

"YAH. You almost gave me a heart attack." you say. 

"Sorry." he says opening his eyes. 

"Were you awake the whole time." you ask.
"Yeah, it was cold." 

"Why didn't you come on the bed?" 

"Cause YOU wouldn't let me." 

"Oh yeah.. sorry." 

"It's fine." 

"Do you want to sleep on the bed? I'll sleep on the floor." you say.

"How about we both sleep on the bed?" Vernon suggests. 

"No it's okay. Get on the bed." 

"Demanding! Get on the bed?" he says protecting his chest.

"Ommo, do you think I'm going to do something." 

"How am I supposed to know. I'm a pretty attractive man." 

"Aigoo.. gross. Just go on the bed and sleep." 

"If you go then I will." he says.

"I can't sleep now that I'm awake." you say.

"How do you usually fall asleep." 

"I listen to music, or read a book." 

"How about I sing to you?" Vernon says. 

"Okay, then." 

"But you have to be in the bed with me."

"Fine.."

Vernon smiled and you guys climbed into bed. You both didn't sit next to each other, he was on the far right side, and you were on the far left side. He started to sing, although his rapping was better he wasn't that bad. You slowly started to doze off, soon you fell asleep.
 

*THE NEXT MORNING* 

The waves crashes from the ocean woke you up. You ignore the noise and fall back asleep. When you were trying to fall asleep you hear a snoring noise. You slowly opened your eyes and you saw that it was Vernon. You guys were wrapped in each others arms asleep, surprised you checked underneath the blanket just to make sure nothing happened. Vernon started waking up. 
 

"Morning." he says with his morning voice, and eyes closed. 

"M-Morning." you say trying to sit up but Vernon pulled you back in bed. 

"Just a little longer. Mhm?"  he whines. 

"We should start heading back." you say.

"Please." Vernon says.

"This isn't supposed to be happening. We shouldn't be doing this." you said. 

"Do you think you'll actually do this again with me?" Vernon asks. 

"How am I supposed to know." 

"So what you're saying is that we're going to cuddle again?" 

"Let's just go." you say getting out of his grip. 

"Fine.." he says getting out of bed. 

You guys both change into different clothes. The clothes that you wore to the wedding to be specific.   While heading out of the hotel the front desk tells you that a car has been sent for you guys. The man hands you guys the keys to the car and wishes you the best. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH LILLY AND JOSHUA* 
 

Joshua spent the night at a hotel and didn't come home to Lilly until the next day. As soon as he walks in the door he see's Lilly waiting for him 
 

"Where have you been all night? Why didn't you pick up your phone." Lilly says anxiously. 

Joshua looks at her seriously and doesn't say anything. He see's that she's still in her wheelchair.

"You're in that thing still?" he asks coldly. 

"I told you.. I can't get out of it." 

"We're at home, you can cut the act." 

"Joshua, please stop acting like this.." she pleads. 

"I can't. You left me no choice." he says walking towards the stairs. 

"Where are you going."
"To change." Joshua responds without looking at her. 
"After you finish can we talk?" 

"Whatever." he says leaving.  
 

Joshua finished changing and went down stairs making sure that he had his phone with him. 
"You're done." Lilly says. 
"What does it look like to you?" he says. 

"Joshua, I know I did wrong ok? I'm sorry. I really am, please stop acting like this. I can't deal with it." 

"What about you. Can YOU STOP. How do you think I felt when you planned out this dumb act? If I can endure that then you can endure this." he said pulling out his phone. "I have this picture, Woozi caught it during the party yesterday. If you don't let me go then I'll just give this to the news." 

"JOSHUA NO." 

"Lilly, this is my last time asking you nicely." Joshua says. 

Suddenly Mrs.Lee grabs Joshua's phone from behind and deletes the picture off his phone. 
"Quit acting like a baby will you. Get dressed and go meet people at the company." Mrs.Lee snaps 

"NO. I'M NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING YOU TELL ME TOO." Joshua rebelled. 

"Don't take me so lightly. I do have people, and I will hurt that girl." 

"AHH. YOU GUYS ARE SO DESPICABLE. " he shouts. 

"I want you at the company by 10. You have an hour to get ready." Lilly's mom says. 

"I can get another picture." he warns. 

"And I can get people to HURT YOUR FRIEND TOO!" Mrs.Lee says raising her voice. 

Joshua was speechless about the whole situation. He didn't say another word and obeyed to her words. An hour later he was ready, going to the company and putting on a happy face was torture. Later that day he got a call from Emily. 
 

"Did it work?" Emily asked anxiously. 

"No.. she deleted the picture." he said. 
"I'll send you another o-" 

"Don't, she threatened to hurt you guys too.." 

"WE WON'T GET HURT. WHAT'RE YOU SAYING. WE'LL FIGHT BACK NO MATTER WHAT." Emily shouted through the phone.

"It's fine guys.. we can't do anything else anymore. Let's just live life like this." 

"You're not living life. Me and everyone else will think of a plan." said Emily

"I don't know, do whatever. I'm so tired.." he admits.

"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF JOSHUA. YOU'RE NOT TIRED OKAY? WE CAN KEEP FINDING WAYS. THERE'S NO STOPPING NOW. LETS GET YOU OUT OF THIS." she said trying to give him strength. 

"I miss (y/n).." 

"Call her." 

"Is she back?" Joshua asks.
"Haven't heard from them since yesterday." said Emily.

"She's probably with him still.." 
"Try giving her a call. Maybe she's back." 

"There's so many things I want to tell her." 

"BOY, CALL HEEEERRRRRRRRR." it was Dino. Joshua could hear him through the phone. 
"Is everyone there?" Joshua asks. 

"Yeah. We've been waiting to hear from you all day." 

"FIGHTING HYUNG!" Dino shouted. 

"Thanks Dino." Joshua said trying to sound happy. 

"K, NOW GO CALL HER. BYE" Emily said hanging up the phone. 

Joshua debated on if he should call you or not. What could happen he thought to himself. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WITH YOU AND VERNON* 

You guys were already in the car going back, your phone started to ring.

*RING RING*

"Hello?" you picked up.

"(y/n)?"

"Joshua..?" Vernon looked over at you. "What is it?" you ask. 

"Are you back from the beach?"  he asks.

"How'd you know I was here?" you say.

"Emily told me." he says. 

"Oh. Is there something you wanted to say?" 
"There's a lot. Can you meet me somewhere to talk?" 

"Oh, sure." you say. 
"I'll text you the address." Joshua says hanging up. 

Vernon saw that you were done talking. 

"Was that Joshua?" he asked while keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Oh? Yeah. It was.." 

"What'd he say?" Vernon asked. 

"He wanted to talk. Could you drive me here?" you ask showing him the address.

"He wants to talk to you there?" 

"Yeah. I don't know what about." 

"That's a bar (y/n)." Vernon says.

"It is?" you ask. "I don't know what he wants to tell me, but can you drive me there?" 

"Sure." Vernon says. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AT THE BAR* 

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Vernon asks.

"No, I think I'll be fine." you say getting out of the car. 

"Call me if you need anything." he offers. 

"Thanks." you say smiling. 

"I'm leaving now." said Vernon. 
You wave at him while he drives off, it was already dark and Joshua must've been waiting for you, for at least an hour. Walking into the bar you tried looking for him, the lights were dim so you couldn't make out faces very well. Your eyes finally caught onto him, he was wearing a black suit with a tie. You sat down next to him at the counter. Joshua had his face buried in his arms. 


"Joshua?" you say tapping him. 

Joshua sat up and looked at you with a smile. 

"It's youuuuuuuuu." he said hurling his arms towards you. 

"Did you drink?" you ask him. 

"Just a whitttlllle." he says. 

"You're drunk." you say.

"Nooooo. You're drunk!" Joshua says poking your nose. You've never seen him like this, his eyelids were droopy and it looked like he was about to pass out any moment now. 

"Let's get you a taxi." you say putting his arms around you and using your body to carry him. 

"NOOO. I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!" he whined.

You didn't listen and carried him out of the bar. There weren't any taxi's near you. If you carried him any longer you would probably break your back. The nearest place to your location was a hotel. You decided to get a room there for the mean time. 

*IN THE HOTEL ROOM* 

You flung him onto the bed. He rolled and laid his arms out. 

"What happened that you're drinking..." you say sitting down next to him. 

"(yyyy/nnnnn)." he slurred your name in his sleep. "I'm sorry. It's all a lie... I promise I'll get out of this.." he spoke while sleeping.

"What're you talking about.." you say. 

All of the sudden Joshua throws up.

"JOSHUA!" you say getting a towel. You had to clean him up, running back and forth to the bathroom to wash the towel to wipe his face. 
After a few minutes everything was clean except for his shirt. You tried to find something to change him into but there wasn't anything for a robe. You decided that, that would do for now. You started to his shirt and take it off of him. You quickly placed the robe on him. After changing Joshua you went to the bathroom to wash his shirt. 

Finally you sat down and relaxed on the bed. You didn't notice but you fell asleep with Joshua. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH LILY AND MRS.LEE* 


"Lilly!" Mrs.Lee called. 

"Yes mom?" 

"Look what I have here." Mrs.Lee hands over a couple of photos to Lilly. They were pictures of you and Joshua going into a hotel together. 

"What does this mean.." Lilly says looking at her mom.

"It means that she's taken him.." 

"No, he's mine and only mine.. she can't take him" Lilly says in enraged."MOM BRING THEM HERE TOMORROW MORNING." 

"Why?" her mom asks.

"JUST DO IT." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH YOU AND JOSHUA* 
 

The next morning before you know it someone breaks the down in your hotel room and drags you and Joshua out of bed. 
"JOSHUA. WHAT'S HAPPENING" you while getting pushed down the stairs. 

Joshua didn't say anything, he was hung over from last night. The men threw you two into a car, and drove off. He was slowly coming back into his sense while you were scared out of your mind. The car had stopped in front of a house. You guys were both being dragged in, the door opened and it was Lilly. 

 

"Lilly?" Joshua says confused. 

"I'm here waiting and you go to a hotel with that b*tch?" Lilly asks annoyed.

"Wait, you don't underst-" 

You couldn't say anything because Lilly takes her hands and slaps you right across the face. 
"SHUT UP."
You were taken back by her slap to your face, Joshua's eyes were wide opened speechless about the situation.

"Lil-" 

She slapped you again but this time harder. 

"WHAT IS IT WITH YOU? HOW DARE YOU SLEEP WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S MAN.WHAT A ." she shouts..