The Auditions Part 1

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook released a yawn as he tiredly stuffed his face into a nearby pillow. The sunlight creeping out from the windows seemed especially strong today and he groaned at the thought of actually getting up and closing the curtains himself. Doing that would require energy, something he didn't seem to have at the moment. He blindly reached out his arm towards the space besides him and tried to nudge Taeyong awake.

"Tae, close the curtains. Taeyonggg." He released a huff and was about to throw a kick towards the right sight of the bed, Taeyong's side, only to freeze as the smell of strawberries and brown sugar wafted through the air and into his nose, a smell that only surrounded one person.

'Taeyong'

His eyes shot open as memories of last night flew through his head. Taeyong was sick and was currently no where near him, let alone in bed, where he was supposed to be. Jungkook tossed Taeyong's pillow back onto his side of the bed as he dashed out of their room, only to immediately come to a stop as his eyes caught sight of a red post-it note stuck onto the pillow he was previously holding. He crept towards the red note with feelings of dread and worry. Every time Taeyong left him a note, he always ended up doing something ridiculously stupid.

'Jeonie, auditions are at three. You know what that means, right?

I have a lot to prepare for so I'll be back after the auditions are done with.

- Taeyoung. '

Jungkook released a worried sigh as he ran a hand through his black locks. He had forgotten that the auditions were today with all the hellish training Namjoon had given them yesterday. Now that Jungkook thought about it, how was Taeyoung supposed to pass an audition in his current condition?

"Jungkook?!" The black haired boy froze as he heard Jin's voice yelling out for him. After they had brought Taeyoung home yesterday Jin had spent about an hour taking care of Taeyong and fretting over him before Jungkook offered to take care of him himself. If hyung found out where he currently was he would without a doubt throw a fit.

"Hyung?" Jungkook wearily asked as he walked out of his and Taeyoung's shared bedroom and down the stairs toward the living room where all the other members were currently seated. 

"Where is he?" Jungkook avoided looking at Jin as he thought of what to say.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"At the salon!" Jungkook cringed not even a second after the words left his mouth. Dammit, who the hell would actually believe Taeyong was at the salon? Everyone knew Taeyong hated going even a foot near any of those places in the first place, so why, why, did he have to choose that lie out of all the others?

"You don't actually expect us to believe that, do you? Why would Taeyong be at the salon, especially when he's sick?" asked Namjoon as he took a sip out of his coffee cup.

"The auditions, he's at the auditions." Muttered a dejected Jungkook as he glanced at the time.

"What?!"

                                                                               _______________________________________________

Taeyong didn't know how much longer he could stand staying in the waiting room. People were either fan girling/boying about EXO, were singing their lungs out (quite literally), or were shooting their sweat glands everywhere as they free styled to music. Taeyong didn't usually care about such things, but he was exhausted from all the training he had been doing since seven am and the trip to the Alias department in Yensen did nothing for his mood. He could smell the chemicals coming off from his hair and while Alyssia, the one up to date with his new alias and look, had done a good job on him, all he really wanted was a warm bed, a bowl of soup, and his pajamas. Oh and let's not forget a place where he was constantly not being stared at. Taeyong knew he looked terrible, but did they have to stare so much? It's not like he wanted his nice and soft dark brown hair to be blonde. And did he mention the hellish clothing he was wearing?

(Taeyong's new look, his eyes are golden brown)

'Why, why noona? Black skinny jeans and an itchy leather jacket are uncomfortable as hell. Couldn't you have let me wear my sweater instead?''

Taeyong released a sigh as he pushed himself off the wall he was currently leaning on and headed towards the exit. He needed air and there was no better place for that than the rooftop. He looked for the green staircase sign nearby and found it above a door besides the elevators. With haste, he opened the door and began climbing the stairs two at a time until he reached the very top. He reached his hand out for the door only to find it locked. Taeyoung, spying a bobby pin nearby, immediately opened the door with it. Letting out a smile, he slammed the door open and made a bee line for the railing ahead of him.

With a small laugh, he soaked up the warmth from the sun and let the cool breeze run through his skin. It felt refreshing and for the first time in a while, Taeyong felt at peace.There was no crazy father near him and no assassins were currently out for his head. Before he could really enjoy himself though, he was interrupted by the sound of the door slamming open again and the voices of three others as they walked towards the other side of the rooftop.

"So, how do you guys think the auditions are going to play out?"

"Does it really matter? Were trainees, there's no way anyone can beat us, Hansol hyung."

"Stop being so cocky Lee, it makes me want to vomit."

"Yah Ten!"

"I get that were trainees, but what about the other one joining us? Groups are called by four, which means we'll be auditioning with another person. Were numbers 35,36, and 37, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter