Dreaded Dreams

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew where I was before I even opened my eyes.

Dead, dark, and hazy. That's what the atmosphere felt like, and that's how it would always feel.

You know that feeling, that one terrifying feeling that suffocates you during nightmares? The one where you feel as if there is a hand grasping at your throat with its sharp long claws, one that won't let you go until it deems you wrecked enough to the point of insanity? Well, that's what this place is for me. There's a difference between us though, you wake up from your nightmare.

I don't.

To be exact, I live through my nightmare every moment of my life. I see it hovering above me when I sleep. I see it trailing behind me when I'm carring out my missions. I see it when I'm with my team members who I care for far more than I should. And I see it when I'm mourning for the loss of my brother.

It haunts me and it makes me afraid.

Afraid that the brother I long for is truly dead.

My thoughts trail to close as my eyes flutter open to the sight of an abandoned amusement park. To be more precise, it's the place where my nightmares first began ten years ago and it'll be where it ends as well. I hesitantly glance around my surroundings while appreciating the carousel ahead of me and the colorful ice cream shop across from me, the one that hyung and I would often visit to get ice cream sundaes. I wish I could say that I still feel nostalgic here, and I do, but I've been here so often in my dreams that it doesn't even feel like a memory anymore.

It feels like a prison.

The flickering street lights ahead of me are  my only source of light in this never ending darkness, and if I wasn't terrified of the place, I would have appreciated the wind caressing my face as I drowned myself in the happy memories that were associated with the area. As it turns out, though, this place is taboo for me. I don't care for the joyful memories. How can I, when it is also associated with such a dark memory?

 I soundlessly begin walking along the des

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter