Distractions

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Chapter's Ending:

 

"You can, and you know that. Honestly, Taeyong-ah, what's even keeping you with Yensen? Your no good of a father is a douche bag and your mother hasn't appeared in ages. Besides, your brother who you've been searching for ages is here with 3 Blazes. Doesn't it make sense that you would be here too?" Hyuk asked, as he slightly ran his hand through the other's hair, before it trailed down to his shoulders. He froze though, when he heard the other begin hysterically laughing.

 

"You all are really determined aren't you, to make me seem more pitiful than I already am. You take my brother from me first, drive my mother insane, and turn my father into a man desperate to chase away his depressing thoughts by overworking himself. You claim that EXO was never in danger; yet, you're always after them....They same way you claim Hansol is safe in your hands when he is suffering from the consequences of suppressed memories. Memories, you took from him to keep him away from Yensen. And what, you want me to join? I can't, c-c-can't, wouldn't....." His voice trailed off, coming off strong until he began re-thinking his options.

 

"You would, you would do anything to see, be, with your brother again. You know that Taeyong, so why are you fighting against it so much?" Hyuk whispered, as he watched the other's face grow somber as he was hit with sudden realization.

 

"I-I-I would never betray Yensen," Taeyong whispered, in denial as he began trembling. Hyuk watched, hand clasped around the other, as the other begun sobbing until the effects of the drug began taking over. BX-32, known to make the user delirious and submerge them into their subconsious minds, into the thoughts they never had the strength to examine in daily life. Hyuk knew this was one of them, and now that he had brought the thought into his conscious mind, the idea of betraying yensen, it wouldn't be long before he was his.

 

It wouldn't be long before Xcsion was no more, he thought to himself, as he watched the other fall to the ground, eyes fluttering closed as he did.

 

He was halfway gone, after all.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Alright, let's go over that dance move one more time. Kai, can you take the lead?"

 

Taeyong wiped at the sweat dripping down his forehead as he positioned himself once more for what he felt was the hundredth time today. He knew dance practice with pop sensations like EXO would be exhausting, but he didn't know dealing with the members as they were dancing would be equally draining, especially when he could feel them analyzing him just from his back.

 

‘Jeez….give me a break’

 

He could tell the group was anxiously waiting to interrogate him, and Sehun especially. He couldn't really blame them though, it was mostly his fault. His surprising performance on the day of the evaluations was one matter to question, especially his theatrical show with Hansol. Add in the fact that he was missing for the past 24 hours truly made him wonder how he wasn't expelled from SM yet. Perhaps he shouldn't have nonchalantly entered dance practice this morning....but then again it was better than showing up last night looking a as if hell had run over him.

 

Taeyong flinched even at the memory of last night...His meeting with Hyuk in 3 Blazes club, his breakdown in the hands of his enemy, and even the terrible thoughts that had risen from his subconscious due to the effects of BX-32 all rose goosebumps on his skin. Considering his crappy situation, Taeyong was lucky he even caught sight of the empty second syringe in Hyuk's backpocket before he fainted. He was drugged, and if he hadn’t discovered that, Taeyong was sure that his mental sanity would have been destroyed. It was already bad enough that the thoughts Hyuk had planted in his mind about betraying Yensen was still egging at him.

 

Taeyong released a deep sigh just as the choreographer took notice of his lack of attention. "Yah, Taeyong! We are dancing to a love song. Please keep those expressions light, okay? And for heaven’s sake….please pay attention."

 

Taeyong snapped his head up at the choreographer in slight embarrassment. His lack of focus had been a problem more than once today and he felt bad for dragging the group down, but he couldn't control his thoughts no matter how hard he tried. God, he was such a mess. And the worse part was that throughout all this, he could only think of how he had yet to officially decline Hyuk's offer. Why was he still considering working under him?

 

"I apologize, it won't happen again” Taeyong muttered with a short bow as he fought to ward off thoughts of Hyuk. This must have thrown Aleyk, the choreographer, off as he paused to really look at him for a few seconds. He could feel the other taking in the bags under his eyes and sudden weight loss, and Taeyong fought not to cringe at the sympathy forming in the others eyes.

 

“Why, why don’t we go ahead and stop here for today? We’ve been at it for a few hours, and we have some time before our next show and Taeyong’s first public appearance. Let’s take it easy, yeah?”

 

After a collective shout of thanks, the choreographer waved them off just as the members around him being to situate themselves around the room, exhausted for dancing for hours. Taeyong, similarly, released a relieved sigh as he saw his chance to escape. Before he could get too far, however, he felt the collar of his shirt being yanked backed.

 

“Where…exactly do you thinkyou’re going?”

 

The said boy flinched as he looked up to see Sehun and Kai glaring down at him. Running a nervous hand through his hair, Taeyong settled with a nonchalant shrug in order to avoid the two’s searching eyes. “Nowhere” he muttered as he felt the two drag him to the sofa in the corner of the room, and push him forward onto it. Taeyong winced at the harsh shove, before he allowed himself to settle onto the chair and face the rest of the members who had decided to stand alongside the two.

 

“Explain. Now” Kris demanded as his presence loomed over Taeyong.

 

“Hyung, believe me, there’s nothing to explai-,” Taeyong began in a soft voice, before he cut himself off realizing the utter bullcrap he was sprouting from his mouth. He paused, looked up at the angry glances around him, and realized that the members were too suspicious of him to let go of the topic. He had never explained to them how he had come to save them the night of the fire, and how he was involved. Minutes passed by as he looked at the members before him, not knowing what to say as the situation dawned upon him.

 

‘I can’t expose my involvement in Yensen, doing so would put BTS in danger. And even for the boys, it would even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter