Haullucination

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taeyong staggered into the men's restroom as he tried to keep himself from falling over. His fever had fully returned and the throbbing pulse coming from his head was beginning to sicken him. Standing over the sink, Taeyong stared at his pale and trembling form through the mirror. Minutes ticked by and yet he stood there staring into the eyes of his reflection, eyes that seemed hazy and darker than normal. He hesitatingly raised his right hand toward the mirror only to stop as he watched his reflection transform into a seven year olds, Hansol's figure and what his memory last remembered him as.

'Hyung, I'll find you soon. I'll find you, I promise. So hang in there, arraso?'

Taeyong released a painful cry as he felt his eardrum began to throb and stab at him. Staggering backwards, he crashed into the wall behind him and slid down until he was sitting with his head between his knees on the tiled floor.  His eyes tiredly traced the checkered design of the black tiled floor as he tried to keep the memories from the kidnapping ten years ago at bay.

'Omma! Appa! Help me!'

Taeyong raised a hand to his ear as he tried to distract himself from both the pain and memories. Many people thought it was a blessing to have photographic memory; he was able to remember everything. If you asked him what the weather was on October 15, 2004 he would tell you it was 70 degrees and that it had been raining that morning. Taeyong, on the other hand, believed it was a curse. His memories followed him everywhere and there were times when he mistook his memories for reality.

Taeyong watched with lidded eyes as the seven year old figure materialized out of the mirror and walked towards him. The funny thing was that with every step he took toward Taeyong, he grew a year older and by the time his figure reached him, he was a seventeen year old boy who resembled the trainee he had met earlier, the one who dragged him towards the audition room.

Taeyong watched as the ghostly figure knelt down before him and took a gun out of his pocket. Pointing it at his forehead, Taeyong watched as his brother's imaginary finger pressed against the safety lock. Taeyong clasped his hand around his brother's and slid the gun down from his own forehead, down his neck, until it was positioned before his own heart.

'I'll save you hyung, just give me a little bit more time.'

'The only way you can save me is by dying.'

CLASH!

"Taeyong! Yah, Taeyong!" The said boy swiveled his head towards the bathroom door to the sight of an anxious Kyungsoo with Kris and Suho trailing behind him. Taeyong desperately turned his head back towards his hyung to tell him to run away and hide, only to find him no longer there. The restroom was completely empty and besides him and the EXO members; there were no signs of his brother anywhere.

'Was it a hallucination?'

"Taeyong?" Kyungsoo knelt besides the boy as he brought his hand towards Taeyong's forehead, ", he's fevers too high and his eyes are too unfocused!"

"Kyungsoo?" Taeyong softly whispered as he brought his eyes towards the one before him. The lights in the bathroom where beginning to hurt his eyes and the pain in his ear was matching the beat of his heart. "Why are the tiles red? Weren't they black?"

"Red?! They aren't red!"

"Taeyong, where's your medicine?" This time it was Kris's calm voice that reached out to him and he didn't have to look his way to know that he was knelt besides him too.

"I forgot to bring it." Taeyong muttered as he unknowingly laid his head against the closest thing besides him; Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"We have to get him out of here." Taeyong let his eyes close shut as he felt his body being lifted off the floor and into the warm embrace of Kris's arms. It wasn't long before the four left that room and entered the halls of SM again. If they stayed a minute longer; however, they would have caught sight of one of the bathroom stalls slamming open as a figure with a gun emerged from it.

"I'll kill you Kim Taeyong. I'll end you."                

                                                        

Kim Taeyong released a painful groan as he tried to resist his body from waking up. His body ached everywhere and he dreaded the thought of getting out of his bed. Getting out of it meant becoming more aware of the pain, which entitled him to even more pain, something he obviously didn't want. As a result, Taeyong nuzzled his head into his pillow and soaked in the sweet smell of pumpkin coming from it only to freeze a second later as realization set in.

'Pumpkin? No one at home has the scent of pumpkin on them!'

Taeyong's eyes flew open to the sight of an unfamiliar room with unfamiliar furnishings. His hands fisted into the brown sheets he had slept on as his eyes scanned his surroundings. He was in a small bedroom with another unoccupied blue bed on the opposite side of him. Between the two beds there was a nightstand littered with music sheets on it and besides the occasional stuffed animal laying here and there, the room was clean and deserted.

The teen quietly slipped out of the bed and clenched his teeth shut as he felt the pain from before worsen. He was right, the pain was a lot worse and he would be damned if his awaken self was discovered vulnerable in enemy territory because of it. Taeyong tip toped his way out of the bedroom door and with practice, he silently opened the door as he checked the hallways for the presence of another. Finding no one, he walked out and closed the door behind him before continuing down the ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter