Broken Promises

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong didn't believe in luck. But for once in his life, he wished that such a thing as luck existed so that it could get him out of the crappy situation he found himself in. He knew from the beginning that they would bring him trouble, years of constantly being under threat in his line of work had trained his instincts and his eidetic memory to see things that others didn't. If a criminal was framed? He sensed it. If a client was going to try and sabotage them? He would know instantly. What he didn't expect? That the boys in front of him would turn out to be EXO, the group he was supposed to protect with his life and risk his identity for. The worst part of it was Oh Sehun, the boy who had his brother's shade of eye color and blunt attitude, and the fact that he was testing his loyalty and sincerity for the group. 

That wasn't the major problem though, and the real problem had Taeyong tightening his hands into a fist. Taeyong had already blew the assignment before he started it by revealing his true identity to EXO. Every assignment a Yensen employee takes always has a fake identity, but he just revealed his true name to the boys. Who would he introduce himself as at the audition? They would instantly see through his fake alias and would suspect him. And if he went as Kim Taeyong? Let's just say Jin's reaction wouldn't be over exaggerated at all.

10 years ago during the Yensen tragedy everyone had known his parent's, his brother's, and Taeyong's name. Yensen back then wasn't secretive and employees used their real identities both in and out of work. However, after the tragedy, the location changed and more security measures were enforced. People believed that Yensen had completely shut down, when in reality, it had just gone in hiding. It was better that way, Yensen avoided unnecessary attention and danger while they continued to protect their nation as a secret police force.

The public had dismissed the event as a tragedy, and after a couple of days of mourning the loss of a wonderful government police force, the public began to move on and forget about the Kim family and their corporation.The only people who knew that Yensen still existed were the few in the Seoul police force that our company occasionally worked with along against authoritative figures, clients, and the on-going enemies/crime organizations that try to destroy the company. Other than that, Yensen Corporation was just another tragic chapter in school textbooks. 

In other words, Taeyong was screwed. There really was only two options left for him to choose from. One, drop the mission, let EXO fend for themselves, and give up on finding his brother along with getting revenge on the gang. Or two, complete the mission successfully, get more intel on the 3 Blazes, and learn more about the tragedy that occurred within his family seven years ago. Taeyong, for the second time today, felt like he was on the verge of a breakdown. He thought he was ready for the mission and for the truth about his brother, only to find out that he wasn't. That alone terrified him more than anything else.

"I think he's in shock."

"It's not that surprising, is it Lay? We'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter