XxX

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sun shone through the curtains and into the blinding white walls of the infirmary, Lee Jung Suk took hesitant steps toward the slightly trembling teen. With nothing but a foot between the two, Jung Suk's eyes trailed over the other; from the light brown highlights in his hair to the slightly bruised skin peeking from under the covers, and to his tightly clenched hands hidden from his view.

 (Lee Jung-Suk)

Slowly sitting on the edge of his bed, Lee Jung-Suk raised his eyes to the hazel  golden eyes of the other. Eyes that spoke of desperation, pain, and hints of insantiy. It was easy to say he understood the urgency in the CEO's voice when he took him off protection detail for his wife. Taeyong, no Xscion, was losing touch with the legacy in his name. He was letting his emotions get in the way of his mission and he could no longer keep himself detached from the mission. Which was tremendously dangerous.

"Jung-Suk," The said man's eyes immediately snapped towards the other's, especially when he noticed the lack of "hyung" in his name, he was clearly no longer a favorite. "You're mistaken."

"Oh?" Jung-Suk replied as he frowned at the coldness in the other's voice, "What exactly am I mistaken about?"

"You taught me how to 'read' people, you think I wouldn't know you're decoding me right now?" Taeyong eye's flittered around the room as he continued to speak, "You made a mistake though, the person you're 'reading' right now isn't Xcsion, it's Taeyong, so don't go thinking I'm ruining "his" reputation when they're two different sides of the same person."

Jung-Suk crossed his arms as he met the other's eyes, eyes that were now blaring with a hard intensity he had thought the other lost, "And here I thought you had completely lost it."

"Who said I didn't?" Taeyong said with a sad smile, "Xscion is as strong as ever, but Taeyong, no I, I'm losing it. I don't know how long I can keep everything together, I'm not even sure if I can keep it together before the end of the mission, before I see my brothe-."

Taeyong's voice immediately came to a halt as he felt the other lay a hand over his eyes, blocking his sight from the blinding white walls, and the memories tugging against his consciousness. It was then he noticed his labored breathing and the trembling of his hands. 

"Ssssh, breathe, okay? I wont let you fall, I didn't work so hard on training you for you to "not make it," okay?"

"But-" Taeyong's mind flashed back to a dream he had before he had woken up, a dream about Hansol, "What if, just what if, what if all the Hansol's I met are the same person? What if-hyung what if," Taeyong's voice began to get hysterical as thoughts raced against his mind. Thoughts of his brother, Hansol, and thoughts of the trainee Hansol, and the one from 3 Blazes.

"Taeyong," Jung-Suk said as he removed his palm from his eyes and instead grabbed Taeyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter