Embrace

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho would like to think he is a good leader. He pays for the members even though it's expensive as hell, he makes sure their idol lives aren't causing too much stress to them, and he protects them from SM Entertainment's psycho chairman. But taking them out, even if it is to the Han River Park, is pushing it. Especially since they were also out yesterday. What if the paparazzi follows them? Or a sasaeng fan shows up? Oh hell, what if they get sick?

"Joomyun hyung! Stop thinking so much, you're making me antsy!"

"Yeah, come play with us!"

"Yah! Jongin! Sehun! Stop climbing trees! You'll get hurt!" Suho shouted as he wished for them to go back to being their indifferent and trouble- free selves. Seriously, where was Kris when you needed him? 

"Hey, Joomyun! Let's go get hot chocolate." Demanded Kris as he jogged his way over to him. 

'Speak of the devil.'

Joomyun narrowed his eyes and was about ready to start lecturing him about his leader duties when Luhan and Xiumin linked their arms around Suho's and pulled him towards the grassy area overlooking the river below them. He sighed in defeat as he felt the soft grass between his fingers and began to relax around the other eleven members while Kungsoo passed out sandwiches. Going to the Han River Park for a midnight picnic was not something done by normal people, but they weren't exactly normal. Besides, it wasn't like they could come to the park during daylight hours without being mobbed and causing a scene.

"So, what do you guys think of Taeyong?" Baekhyun asked with his mouth full of chewed up food. Lay grimaced at the sight and slightly swatted at Baek's head in effort to get him to close his mouth. He really didn't need to see good food being dissolved into nothing but bits of food coated in saliva. Lay shuttered in disgust before he cast his eyes onto something more pleasant, like his own sandwich. 

"We shouldn't be thinking about him! Guy's the audition is the day after tomorrow and we haven't even looked through the audition intro video's!"

"God Suho, chill, okay? The video's don't even matter, it's just a way for the fans to get used to the idea of another person being around us. They watch the video's, fall in love with some of the candidates, and start liking the idea of another with us! It's a good way for us to get rid of the protectiveness the fans seem to have and a good chance for the candidates to gain popularity. MBC is promoting this right? They have already been showing some of the best intro video's during their commercial times. The top ten intro's are there and everyone's fighting to get on that list to promote themselves so that they stand a better chance when they face us."

"Woah, Kris, you sounded kind of cool right now."

"Damn, Chanyeol, way to ruin the moment. Suho must have been so proud that Kris was actually acting like a leader!"

"You're one to talk hyung! You always ruin cheesy moments!"

"Guys, isn't that-"

"Shut up Baek, I'm debating with Luhan hyung right now!"

"Debating?! You dare to try to start an argument with your hyung?!"

"No, guys, that guy over their looks like-"

"Yah, Chanyeol! I'm the oldest here, remember?!"

"Luhan, I'm oldest, not you."

"Sorry Xiumin, I forgot!"

"Taeyong is here!"

"Baekhyun shut u- wait what?" 

"Well if you bothered listenign to me at the beginning you would know that, that guy over their is DEFINITELY Taeyoung!"

Almost simultaneously, every head turned to the direction of Baekhyun's pointing finger and found the sight of a lone figure about fifteen feet away from them. Leaning on the rail and gazing at the sky, the figure looked eternally beautiful as the moonlight casted a glow to the boy's cheeks and made his eyes already golden eyes glow brightly. There was only one person with those eyes; Taeyong. Dressed in black jeans and a navy t-shirt, he seemed to blend right into the alluring surroundings.

"Wait, t-shirt, he's wearing a t-shirt in the middle of January!" Suho shouted as his eyes widened in disbelief, it was 34 degrees and the boy dared to venture out without proper clothing?! Before the leader could say any more, a sudden strong breeze swept through the area and caused the boy to stagger back a couple of steps from the railing and to wrap his arms around himself. Suho stood up from his position and was about ready to storm his way to Taeyong, only to feel Chen rise up from beside him first.

Chen didn't know what came over him. In one moment he was laughing with his band mates over Luhan and Chanyeol's ridiculous behavior, and at the next he was sprinting towards the frozen teen who seemed to be on the verge of collapsing. Chen grabbed ahold of Taeyong's hand and yanked him towards himself. Ignoring the confusion and bewilderment in the boy's eyes, he quickly took his coat off and wrapped it around Taeyong instead. His hands were as cold as ice and pale as the moonlight. Chen was just thankful that the kid wasn't turning blue, that feeling flew away though when he caught sight of his light blue nails. .

"Damn, I knew should have taken first aid or something in high school! How do I warm you up before you get hypothermia?" Chen muttered to himself as he frantically continued to button up the buttons on his coat. "Seriously, do your parents even know your here?" Chen wished he could take the words back the minute he said them, if the boy's expression was anything to go by. His distant and confused eyes were now full of sorrow and pain, much more than last night, and to such an extent that Chen felt like the boy's pain was his own. He watched as the boy tilted his head to the side, towards the moon, and bitterly laughed. He wished Taeyong didn't, because now instead of his sullen eyes, he was staring at something more painful; cuts and bruises that ran along his cheek. "Your hurt! Your cheek is all swollen and-" Chen didn't bother finishing his sentence and instead grabbed the saddened boy into a hug. He tightened his arms around Taeyong as he felt him struggle against his arms. "It's okay, everything is okay. Your safe, arraso? I won't hurt you."

Taeyong stopped struggling and instead hesitantly lowered his head onto Chen's shoulder. He soaked up the warmth coming from him as all the feelings he'd been burying the last few days arose. It didn't take long for a tear to slide down his face, and once it did, the others soon followed after until the boy was full out sobbing onto Chen's shoulder with such grief and calls of pain, that caused tears to fall down Chen's face as well. Chen ran a hand through the boy's hair and whispered words of comfort to him as his heart clenched for the saddened teen.

Taeyong cried for many things, he cried for his mother who couldn't stand to be in the same room as him, he shouted for the pain his twin experienced when he was young, he yelled out for the trouble BTS had felt whenever they saw his vulnerability, and he cried for the realization that his blood related family no longer cared for him. Mostly, though, he let out tears and pains that had been painting his heart in bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter