Damage

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong nervously ran a hand through his hair as he avoided the gazes of his seven expressionless team members standing before him. As far as he knew, he did nothing that deserved being rudely awakened, dragged into the living room, and being shoved onto the sofa by the members. Not just one, but all seven, including Jungkook.

 'Partner in crimes, my , you betrayer,' Taeyong thought to himself as he flinched away from said boys hardened eyes. 'This is probably revenge for all the worry I caused him yesterday. He thought I was better, that I was healed to some extent, when in reality I just built a stronger mask.' 

"Kim Taeyong!"

"Yes, beloved leader? How can I be of any help to you at 5 AM?" Taeyong jokingly questioned before he noticed his expression, "Okay, okay, no jokes? Got it. Be serious? Being applied right now."

"Did you or did you not go through your mission details?"

"I-I didn't hyung, sorry." Taeyoung hesitatingly replied as the smile slid off of his face.

"Kim Taeyong! Is this a joke to you?" 

"Hyung-."

"Did you think we didn't witness the state you were in last night, that only Jungkook did? Yah, look at me when I'm speaking to you!" Taeyoung held his breath as he forced himself to look into Nam Joon's eyes, eyes full of despair and worry for him, that he was the cause of. Taeyong didn't dare glance into the eyes of others in fear of what he would see. 

"I, I'm sorry-"

"What, you're sorry? We let you take this mission because you said you were ready for it! Then why aren't you, damn it?! Do you think we protected you all this time just to see you break again? HANSOL ISN'T HERE OKAY?!" 

"Nam Joon hyung!" Hoseok shouted as he stared wide eyed at the leader's comment. That was going too far and Hoseok wouldn't be surprised if Taeyong chose this moment to land a punch on the leaders face. He had seen Taeyong last night along with the others and was worried as well, but he didn't think that this was the way it should have been handled. Especially when Taeyong was already in a vulnerable state.

"Taeyong, it's my job on the team to scold you when your doing wrong, arraso? You can't keep on going back and forth with your emotions and plans, either you do it and succeed, or you forget about Hansol and the mission and move on-"

Knock! Knock!

"Whoever is at the door, you have three seconds to leave!" Nam Joon yelled out angrily as images of the night before ran through his mind, images of a Taeyong who had the same expression on his face as he did on the day he was sent out to his first mission. Images of horror, defeat, and hopelessness. He wasn't one to disrespect his elders, but at that second, he repeatedly cursed the director for giving this mission to Taeyong. If the director himself couldn't handle the burden of such a mission, did he really think his son could? Nam Joon released an annoyed sigh as he heard the door unlock and open up to the sight of the director's secretary with a copy of their keys in his hand.

"Raymon (Nam Joon's Codename), your team has been called to the directors office immediately," the usually pleasant and warm secretary wearily said as he ran a hand through his hair and nervously glanced at Taeyong, "he's not in a good mood, the worst even. Xscion-ah, I have a feeling it's about you. Be careful, arraso? Don't talk back or even move. Yeah, that's a good idea, don't even move from your spot when you get in there, all of you."

"Hyun-" Yoongi didn't even get to protest as the secretary began ushering them out of their house, into the hallways, and finally to the elevators. A feeling of dread spread through everyone as they watched the secretary, Hango, nervously play with the expensive watch on his hand. They had a good reason to be nervous as well, seeing as Hango was in such a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter