Their Song

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So......how long do you think this will go on?" Hansol asked as he threw himself onto one of the many rusty sofas around the 3 Blazes underground hideout.

Ever since Taeyoung had taken on the role of the "Queen" and injured himself for their safety, his father had gone between being pleased that his plan of manipulating Taeyoung worked out the way he wanted to, but also displeased because they had gone against his orders of killing Taeyoung at sight. Honestly though, it wasn't their fault the kid had the ability to make everyone in a 10 mile radius not want to kill him. Seriously speaking, even Hyuk couldn't kill him, and as one of the top ranking gang members, that was a shock in itself. But that wasn't even the problem, the biggest problem was that ever since then, his father had put both Hyuk and Hansol under "lock down." In gang term, that meant they weren't allowed to take on missions until they got their "act" together. 

Which, in other words, simply meant going back to showing utter loyalty to him.

'He's my father, but that doesn't mean he's a king,' Hansol thought to himself as he glanced at Hyuk from across his sprawled position on the sofa, stranining to hear his exhausted voice from across the room, "It'll probably go on until he decides to kill Taeyoung again and sends us after him."

"What makes you think he'll still choose to send us after him when we practically let him escape free." 

"Because....we're the only ones who can do it......do it the way your father wants to anyway," Hyuk muttered bitterly as he locked his hands together. Hansol's eyes, on the other hand, rose in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, dont tell me you haven't noticed yet? Your father is dramatic as hell! If he had the option of killing Taeyoung with a huge boom he'd rather do that then just shoot a bullet through his head."

"But what's so dramatic about us?" At his question, Hyuk threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

"Yah, Hansol-ah, I know you're ignorant about all of this....but if you dont find out soon, Taeyoung really will die and when he does, I dont think you'd be able to handle it. So hurry up, because if I'm right about this, your father will assign us to kill him again in 2 days and this time.....this time he wont let us off, no matter what our reasons for not killing him are."

Hansol silently watched Hyuk leave the room as his mind tried to piece together what the other was saying. Hansol knew Taeyoung was special, Hyuk's eagerness to make him understand that was obvious, but Hansol didn't know what it was and why Hyuk thought it would affect him to such a degree. I mean, yeah he had grown somewhat attached to Taeyoung, but that was only because of the similarities he shared with his own brother when he was younger. 

'It just doesn't make sense.'

'But if Hyuk's right, I only have 2 days to figure it out and that.....that's not enough time at all.'

'But, what, what should I do?'

"Hyung?" Hansol's head snapped up as he watched Tae walk into the room, confusion in his eyes as he took notice of the other's sprawled position on the sofa, "Are you and Hyuk hyung fighting again? He left looking really frustrated...." Tae asked as he caught sight of the different emotions running through his brother's eyes. He had never seen him as exhausted as he seemed to be now, and Tae didn't know how to handle seeing such a vulnerable sight.

"No, we're just sorting some stuff out for dad." Hansol said as he changed the topic to clear up the he knew could easily be seen through his eyes,"Did you just come back from SM?" 

"Yeah, we just finished practicing a new choreography, though I'm not sure what the point of it is when they aren't even planning on our debut." Hansol looked at the bitter eyes of the younger before he actually look the time to really look at him. With his dark brown hair stuck to his forehead and the dry patches of sweat on his tank top, not to mention the weariness in the others eyes, Hansol could clearly tell the younger was going through a hard time but...weren't they all? 

"Tae....why'd you come with me to SM?" Hansol asked as his mind flashed back to the day his father first assigned Hansol with the assignment of killing Taeyoung.  It had been a rainy depressing day, and after days of such terrible weather, the mood was beginning to affect everyone in the hideout as well. It was during this time that his father had slammed down a new assignment onto his desk, claiming he found the solution for his brother and him to leave peacefully for the rest of their lives, like the typical happy family. Easy to say, Hansol no longer believed in "happy" families, there was always something wrong with everyone no matter what you did anyway.

'Hansol-ah, I found him, the one who took away Tae as a child before I brought him back to us! But what to do? He's planning on coming back to complete his job........' Hansol remembered his father's words clearly, and it was obvious that  "completing the job"mean Taeyoung killing Tae.

Which really only left one option, kill Taeyoung before he could kill Tae.

 So he had taken up the task of killing him, and thus created an alias for himself, one of a trainee wanting to debut. Problem was, instead of deciding to stay nice and safe, Tae had decided to follow him into SM thinking that it would be "fun" and "relaxing" and a good way to steer clear of all the "sweaty" gangmembers.

'Pssht, relaxing my .....SM is just another slave contract freak show.'

"Hyung.....you're asking me about why i'm in SM?!!!!!! Are you entering one of your weird thinking moments again???!!!!!!!!!!! You still haven't even practiced the choreography!!!!!!" Tae exclaimed and Hansol had to stop the urge to smirk at the other, especially when Tae unknowingly stomped his foot on the ground.

'Cute.'

"Okay, okay, i'll do it. What's so important about this choreography anyway?" Hansol muttered as he let Tae pull him onto his feet and out of the room.

"Didn't you know? Apparently they're testing all the trainees on their skills tomorrow instead of in two weeks and are eliminating a bunch of us!!!!" Hansol stopped in his tracks as his eyes narrowed.

"I thought you said you didn't know what the point of the choreography was?"

"Well yeah, because we usually make our own dances, right? This time the coaches each told us to turn  this choreography into one of our own. Apparently the theme of the test evaluation is expressing 'love' and this dance does a good job of showing it."

"But Tae, you don't find it strange that the crazy coaches are trying to help us?"

"Hyung, stop being so paranoid!!! They're our coaches after all, it's their job to help us."

'Then why do I feel like that's exactly what they're not doing'

'There definitely has to be a reason behind this, and it definitely isn't going to be a good one.'

'I only hope that Taeyoung isn't as involved in it as I fear he is.'

                                                                 

Saying that Taeyoung woke up feeling restless this morning was an understatement.

No.

He woke up knowing that whatever that could go wrong today, was going to go wrong.

Releasing a sigh, the teen shuffled his way to the practice room of SM for his next dance class.The last time he had been there was a nightmare, especially since Hansol kept getting on his case about why he was even at SM. Releasing another pitiful si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter