Going Solo

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taeyong didn't particularly hate a lot of things, but the things he did hate, he hated with a passion. One of those so called "things" was being called into the CEO's office. It wasn't like he hated his father, he honestly didn't, but every time he went in there he always came back out with a nasty headache. Was there really anyone in the world who wanted to deal with criminals on a daily basis? Oh yeah, how could the lad forget? His father, the crazy old man did. 

The seventeen year old walked out of the elevator and onto the twelfth floor sporting an annoyed expression on his face. Not even bothering to greet the secretary on the floor, Taeyong slammed the door of his fathers office open. He didn't care about the consequences that would come from the disrespect he was showing to his own boss, but then again, he was the son of the man himself. 

Speaking of the man, one would often question what exactly the relationship between the two was. After all, Taeyong was known for being the perfect prince charming towards everyone and everything except his father. 

"Ah Taeyong, just in time."

"You have ten seconds to explain, old man!"

"Taeyong."

"Bodyguard duty, really? To an idol group no less. Do I seem that incompetent to you?"

"Taeyong-ah, 3 Blazes may be after this group." 

Almost immediately the boy slammed his mouth shut. It was expected; after all it is the gang that "killed" his brother seven years ago and the very same gang that his father had protected him from since he was a child. The man himself didn't really even know why he was giving his only child a mission that could very well be connected to the murderer who killed his eldest child years ago. Actually, he did know. It was the fact that he didn't know how much longer he could bare to stand looking at the burdened eyes of his child. Although he had never said it aloud, both his wife and he knew that Taeyong would never move on from what happened to his fraternal twin until he had proof of his death, proof that he couldn't provide him no matter how hard he looked.

If one looked closely enough, they would be able to spot the wrinkles around the burdened man's eyes. They would even be able to see the gray hairs that came from days of hunting criminals down and of stressful evenings without the presence of his eldest child beside him. 

"Listen up Taeyong, it isn't confirmed and there isn't much proof, but 3 Blazes has a dangerous amount of interest in the idol boy group named E-X-O. One of the members of the group accidently hacked into their website and gained access to it  before they were attacked with a virus. They have been secretly attacked since then and their management company wants to put a stop to it immediately."

"So let me get this straight, the gang will either recruit them for their fame and hidden skills or kill them to get rid of a threat to their existence?"

"Correct."

"What is the job description?"

"Protect and spy on them at the same time. We never know if they will be recruited or not so you have to be on your guard at all times."

"I'm assuming it's a solo mission."

"Yes; however, your teammates will be your back-up in dire situations.That aside, you will pose as a trainee under the supervision of EXO."

"Wait, trainee? That'll attract a lot of attention."

"That's the point, it will distract fans from noticing the unwanted attention they are getting. It will also require you to spend a lot more time with them. You'll practically be their new member, really."

"Wait, let's rewind a bit. How am I supposed to be a trainee again? They'll definitely notice a random trainee pop up into their own mix of trainees."

"EXO is holding auditions in two days for an apprentice; the winner gets to be trained by the idols themselves for a future debut while EXO gains more publicity as the first group to train a trainee."

Taeyong's mind wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter