A Mind of His Own

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was filled with tension as thick and unbreakable as glass. It was felt everywhere, especially in the red district just south of Seoul. Women and men lined every corner of the streets, handing each other glasses of alcohol mixed with drugs Taeyong didn't even want to think about. Smoke blurred his vision and the sight and smell of vomit coming from the drunk and haggard "couple" across from him was already giving him a headache. He closed his eyes for a second, walking past whistles and cat calls by the men and women in the alleyways he just crossed. He should have dressed more conservatively. But then again, he needed to look as intimidating as possible. Though he didn't know if the black leather jacket, black studded earrings, and bit of makeup Alyssia, his mission stylist, forced onto him was doing much. He still felt young, seventeen, and vulnerable far more than he wanted to admit. He sighed as he came to a stop, eyes looking into the vibrating club he would be entering any minute now. The disco lights and defying music was already making him sick and he knew the inside would just make him feel worse.

'The club was owned by 3 Blazes after all.'

He had been here before, for data collection, though the club was far more disgusting than he last remembered. He sighed once more as he slipped on his dark sunglasses despite it being midnight, getting into his untouchable image as he sauntered over to the glaring bouncer. He had to remember, he was no longer naive Taeyong, but Xscion, Yensen's legend. He flipped out his wallet as he flashed his fake id, the bouncer barely glancing at him as signaled him ahead for the teetering girls behind him. Just as he was about to walk into hell, he felt a rough hand suddenly grasp at his own. He closed his eyes as he fought the urge to slam the other down, he hated being grabbed at.

"Kim Taeyong?" Inwardly, Taeyong had flinched. He wasn't used to hearing his name aloud, especially since he had gone so long using code names. He still couldn't believe he accepted the mission with his own real identity as an alias. Sighing, he looked back at the bouncer, who had waved the girls away as he focused solely on him. 

"Yes, if you properly read my freaking ID then you would know I was him." The other tightened his grip around his wrist, annoyed as he signaled for two other men behind him. "Hyuk is waiting for you, they'll show you to him."

"Brilliant," he muttered sarcastically, eyeing the two loaded with weapons engraved with 3 Blazes signature. He followed them inside, not baring the bouncer another look as he was suddenly surrounded by the stench of alcohol and sweat. He weaved through the dancing crowd and eventually past the jumping DJ who sent a wink in his direction. He ignored the other in favor of memorizing the path the two were taking him on as they slipped through the quieter corridors filled with strangers making out. Eventually, they reached the corridors for "employees only." They continued on, through deserted hallways, until they reached another hall with not one in sight. The two before him slowed their pace until they neared a set of closed doors, making Taeyong beyond nervous.

He wasn't used to this. 

He was used to clubs packed with gangsters and men he would need to fight, not quiet corridors with no hint of a coming fight. 

'What the hell was this?'

"You know, you're pretty lucky." Taeyong glanced up as one of men looked at him with a smirk. "Hyuk rarely gives the time of day to anyone. And here is requesting utter silence for the two of you....well.... i'm sure you two will enjoy yourselves plenty." Taeyong felt bile rise up as the other's eyes raked over his own body. He was all to ready to throw a punch at the other before they suddenly threw open a door and him inside with a laugh, locking the door behind them as they did.

"Have fun" being the last thing he heard before his eyes suddenly met with a dark brown clashing against his own golden ones. 

He pinched the top of his nose in annoyance as he looked back at the closed door. He had barely spent more than five minutes in the place and he was already fed up. That is, he was until he took in the other suffocating persona in the room. "Hyuk," Taeyong suddenly stated, body immediately turning to face the man holding a secret he fought so hard to keep. He stood rigid and silent, eyes taking in the dressy button up and smoky eyes of the other as Hyuk smirked at his own startled expression.

"Took you long enough, you know you're not supposed to keep others waiting, right?" Hyuk said, smirk painting his face though his eyes held a look he couldn't decipher. He stared at the other, before releasing a breath as he forced himself to relax. He walked to him, taking in the glassy walls, fancy loveseats,  desserts, drinks and finger food around the room. 

There were no exists besides the one locking them from outside. 

"Give me a break, I haven't mastered the art of eyeliner down to the point of finishing it within five......but it seems you have."

"Oh, is that it? I had thought you were busy calculating your chances of survival." Taeyong slowly came to a stop before the other, golden eyes narrowing at the other's relaxed position on the sofa before he ran a hand through his hair. He sighed again, before taking a seat beside the other as he understood how utterly screwed up he was. 

"Yeah, that too. Pretty pitiful when compared to your plans for the night." Taeyong muttered as his eyes zero in on the unopened bottles of alcohol bubbling with an unknown red set on the table right in front of them. 

"Don't worry, it's not all for me." Hyuk says with a wink. 

Taeyong rolled his eyes as crossed his legs and removed his sunglasses, "that makes it all the more worrying you kno-" He immediately sat up the moment he felt the sudden pulse in the air. His body twisting around on its own accord as he felt Hyuk's sudden attack on himself. He jumped away from the other, masking his startled expression as he stared at the dark intent in the eyes of the other.

"So soon? I was hoping to try a bit of the desserts you know." Taeyong muttered as he ducked at the sudden punch aimed at him before throwing his own. It was a flurry of back and forth movements from then on as Taeyong aimed at Hyuk's pressure points, only for Hyuk to knock his own hands away. Taeyong s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter