The Auditions Part 2

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong kept his eyes locked onto the judges the moment the video was over. Judging from their reactions, especially Exo's, they clearly weren't expecting such a video. Taeyong was surprised himself at how much he managed to get done that particular day, but even so, he didn't feel at ease. The video of the trainees was, in his opinion, a lot better than his and he didn't know how that would affect his audition.

"I had high expectations for the others, seeing as they've been training here for years. You, on the other hand, shouldn't be anywhere near their level. The quality of your video couldn't be clearer than it already is and the thrilling/tense atmosphere you created gives an edge to the video. The rap is on point and your facial expressions are better than I expected. Your profile, however, doesn't give us much information. In fact, it's very vague.  Mind filling us in a bit, Taeyong-sshi?"

"Mr. Jyun-sshi," Taeyong sayed as he quickly glanced at the name tag pinned onto the navy collar shirt of the male judge before him, "It's to be expected. I submitted my application an hour before the designated start time of the auditions. However, because the system needs twenty-four hours to register my name into the event, you probably have little to nothing on me."

"A-an hour, you submitted your application an hour before the auditions? When did you make your video?"

"I submitted it this morning," Taeyong muttered as he took in the shocked and somewhat exasperated look on the judge's face.

"We can't properly judge you without knowing your background or full profile," Taeyong glanced at a suspicious Sehun as he released an annoyed sigh, "In fact, we could disqualify you immediately."

"Your going to disqualify me because you didn't get my detailed application on time?" Taeyong asked as a bitter smirk rose on his face. "The application must be much more important than I gave it credit for, seeing as how hot-headed everyone is becoming from just the absence of one application."

"The application is an important part of understanding who you are-"

"Miss Yena?" Taeyong briefly glanced at the other female judge before he returned his eyes gaze to Sehun, "I'm not giving any negative feedback about your application and registration process. After all, it's pretty necessary when it comes to the future of an accepted applicant. However, I do admit despising the reason why it exists. If the applicant is wealthy or a chaebol, the company stays on his or her good side and receives large amounts of funds from the family. And if the applicant is poor, the company will force them into a slave contract for a lengthy period of time. Aren't I correct?" Taeyong ignored the horrified and guilty expression on Yena's face in favor of glancing towards the expressionless EXO members. The anxiousness and betrayal in their eyes gave their feelings away and Taeyong didn't have the heart to look deeper than that.

"Kim Taeyong?" The said lad turned his focus towards the door where a new figure appeared, Kim Young Min a.k.a the CEO of SM Entertainment, and the one who got him into this mess in the first place. "You really are a genius, figuring that all out by just going through the application. No need to get so uptight though, I have your application in my hands." Taeyong glared at the man as he felt everyone in the room, except for him, acknowledging his presence with a bow. He could feel the other trainees glaring at him and he didn't have to turn around to know that they were trying to get him to bow as well.

"Ceo-nim, I'm sorry for the trouble. Auditions can be pretty nerve-wracking themselves, but it is even more so when you know the inner workings of the industry. Don't you agree?" Taeyong said as he nodded his head in acknowledgement towards his presence. He wouldn't bow towards the man now and he wouldn't in the future. He watched as the man handed his paper to Jyun and took a seat in the empty chair at the edge of the table.

"Yes, of course. Its refreshing though, I've never encountered a kid whose seen through everything so easily before." the CEO said as he shot a smirk towards the younger boy. "Shall we look through you profile then? I'm excited to see where a kid like you emerged from."

Taeyong clenched his teeth tightly, in effort to keep himself from cursing the guy to hell. Who the did this guy think he was? Last time he checked, he wasn't born to bring amusement into his life.

"W-what? This guy's a total genius!" Taeyong's eyes immediately flashed towards Jyun with confusion. The new alias he created for himself was anything but deserving of that title. "He received his Bachelors Degree in dance and film from Stanford University at the age of 15 and finished his masters in criminology by the time he was 16! As if that's not enough, under the special skills section it says he has photographic memory!"

'I-I never wrote that in my application! My alias was supposed to be in his sophomore year at UC Davis. I'm supposed to be a student studying abroad in Korea. So why, why-'

"The audition, can we continue on with it now?" Taeyong asked as he cocked an eyebrow towards the CEO with a smirk playing on his lips. He wouldn't let whoever was in charge of this messed up situation have the satisfaction of seeing him panic. He wouldn't let them see him fall.

"You really are something,  aren't you? Well let's continue on with the auditions then, I'm looking forward to what you'll show me. Jayum-sshi?"

"Yes, for the next part you'll be performing what it is that you have prepared. The four of you have either chosen rap, dance, or both and will be expected to do as such. Trainees Lee Taeyong, Hansol, and Ten are up first." (Trainee under SM has the surname Lee while our Taeyoung has the surname Kim)

Taeyong took a few steps back and leaned against the wall as he waited for the group to prepare themselves. The Ibuprofen he had taken this morning was wearing off and he was beginning to feel the fever and body pain settling in again. It wouldn't be long before it fully returned and Taeyong anticipated that it would be much worse compared to last night. He began searching his pockets for the medicine he placed in there before he left the penthouse only to come up empty handed in realization. He had left the medicine in his sweats, sweats that were currently in Alyssia's closet at Headquarters.

Taeyong ran a slightly trembling hand through his newly dyed hair as he fought to keep the indifferent mask onto his face. Not only did they knew where he studied, but they knew about his memory and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter