Strangers

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was fed up with everything at the moment. Being called into the CEO's office in the middle of the night was one thing, but doing it in the middle of a schedule free night? It was just cruel. And the fact that they were yelled at for something that wasn't in their control for an hour was plain frustrating. Like how the hell did they know they would get a welcomed visit from the gang. Damn Sehun, Baekhyun, and anyone else who went along with the hacking. It was completely their fault for the situation they were now in. Like did anyone tell them to hack into a website and to scroll through photos clearly displaying human experimentation and illegal activity? Like what the hell have the police been up to lately?

That aside, Kai had no idea what to think of when it came to Kim Taeyong. The guy was stupid, selfish, bastard-like, and who was he kidding? He was probably the most beautiful guy on earth who had just the right amount of cockiness, kindness, and not to mention his top fighting skills that created a "bad boy" image. He was the kind of guy that attracted attention where ever he went; the ideal dream boy for Entertainment Industries. He just couldn't understand why a kid like that had those eyes, eyes full of a darkness that seemed to make it it's goal to drown him in terror. Kai didn't scare easily, but Taeyong's eyes and the situation EXO currently was in with the neighboring gang seemed to change that.

Kai might have not known what to think about when it came to the lad, but he was thankful for what he did earlier. I mean, how many people would put their lives on the line to save another, especially when that "other" had made it their goal to befriend him at whatever cost when he clearly didn't want their friendship?

Kai tried to control his breathing and heart rate as they neared their dorm room after returning from the CEO's office. Although they had spoken to Taeyong earlier, none of the members had felt reassured at his well being. Reason 1? He sounded exhausted and sick over the phone, and no one had forgotten what had happened before the attack nor the way he was dressed earlier in the freezing weather.

Kai watched as Kris hurriedly tapped in the password to their penthouse and slammed the door open almost immediacy as the door unlocked. Kai, elbow to elbow with Tao, ran ahead of the others and into the house. He didn't have to go far though before he spotted him sprawled onto the living room sofa. Kai ignored Tao's sigh of relief along with the others in favor of walking towards the teen whose face was scrunched up in pain as sweat trickled down his forehead. Trembling, Kai brought his hand down to Taeyong's head as he ignored the others warning him about not waking him, only to immediately yank it away. Holy .

"Hyung, he's sick, like really sick!" It didn't take long for the others to gather around Taeyong and to begin panicking at the sight of Taeyong, who was now whimpering in pain. Kai looked around for Kyungsoo, the only one who seemed to know what to do in cases like these, but couldn't seem to find him anywhere.

'Come on, Soo!'

"Give him space!" Barked Kyungsoo, as he reappeared besides Taeyong with a bowl of hot water, towels, and painkillers in his hands. Immediately, everyone moved back and watched in panic as he shifted Taeyong's body upwards against himself as he took a pill and brought it close to the youngers lips only to be interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

"If you don't let go of him this instant, well I don't think you want to know what happens after that, do you?" Kai whipped his head around only for his eyes to land onto seven intimidating figures leaning on the wall across from them. Dressed in matching dark jeans, leather jackets, and expressions full of hatred, Kai could feel the members besides him freeze up as the tallest in the middle stepped forward and glared at them.

"How did you get it in?" Luhan asks as he shielded Taeyong from their piercing eyes by standing in front of him. This was one of those few times where Luhan was completely serious, and although Kai would never openly admit it, it was terrifying. It did nothing to the group though, who smirked at him and exchanged amused glances with o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter