Chapter 02.

Thank you, puppy

A Boy in navy blue with golden retriever puppy patterns boxers

 

Rachel's POV

 

I didn't really like spring because it rains a lot. Listening to songs while looking outside through the window on the bus, do I look like the protagonist of some dramas? What am I doing actually? I mentally chuckled at my childish thought.

 

I finally arrived school and went to the cafeteria to find my friends. I saw Jinyoung, Baro and Sandeul chatting happily. I decided to play some tricks on our Ducky. I went behind him secretly and tickled him. He screamed like a little girl and we laughed at him. Oh my god, my friends are so cute.

 

“Rachel, don't do this again or I don't know what will I do to you next time!” Sandeul scolded me with straight face.

“What will you do, Deullie? You will quack at her?” Baro replied. We laughed again.

“Good Morning my dear. Did you go home safely last night?” Jinyoung asked.

“Yeah! And I did something good!” I replied proudly.

“Tell oppa what did you do then.” Jinyoung smiled and said.

“Okay Dr. Jung. I saved an abandoned golden retriever puppy last night! He is still in my home sleeping.” I didn't like to call them oppa because it sounded like acting cute. Not my style.

“Would he be some thief that takes away all your money when you leave home?” Baro was shocked and asked.

“But… he is too cute to resist!” I retorted.

“You are too cute to resist as well.” Jinyoung smiled sweetly towards me and said.

“I am NOT CUTE.” I pouted without realizing.

“Alright. Just bring him to clinic tonight.” Jinyoung ruffled my hair and left.

 

Baro and Sandeul walked me to my class and left. I sat at the third row and no one sat beside me. Most of the shapeshifters had their sense of superiority and they would discriminate pure human/pure animal. Luckily my friends weren't like that.

 

This was my favourite lesson, Chemistry. I could handle it well simply because I like it.

“Sorry Sir I'm late.” “Please take a seat quickly, Mr. Kim.”

I was jotting my notes with my head down but I could recognize this voice, this annoying voice. A strong smell of cologne flowed around me and I knew he sat beside me. There were so many seats in the classroom but why he had to sit right beside me?!

 

He poked my face with his finger but I decided to ignore him.

“Shouldn't you be saying good morning to the owner's son of your apartment?” that annoying wolf whispered.

“Good morning Mr. Kim.” I replied him without looking at him.

“Didn't your appa and umma teach you how to greet people? Oops, I forgot that you don't have appa and umma.” he teased me. Why did he mention it! I ignored him again.

“I saw you taking a cardboard box to home last night. Are you going to move away?” he asked.

This annoying Kim Namjoon was my neighbor. His dad owned the whole building and let his son lived in one of the flats, which unfortunately beside my apartment. Kim Namjoon wanted me to move out so he could break the wall between two flats and live a bigger house. Nah-uh I was not going to let his plan success. His dad assured that he wouldn't take the flat back if I could pay the rent on time.

“NO.” I answered. He suddenly my earlobe. I blushed madly and I took my handkerchief to wipe my ear clean. Earlobe is one of my sensitive spots. Damn you Kim Namjoon. And, I was glared by his fangirls. Hey, why were they glaring at me? It was not my fault! Lesson #395: Do Not Mess with Wolf, Especially Mr. Kingka Kim Namjoon

 

My lessons ended at 1 on Friday. Normally I would go straight to clinic after my lessons and Jinyoung would accompany me to go. Jinyoung, Baro and Sandeul were waiting for me at the front gate.

“Dr. Jung, you can go to clinic first. I will go home and get the puppy.” I said.

“Sure, my dear. See you later.” Jinyoung smiled and left.

“What if that puppy bites! I'll go with you!” Baro said.

“You know what? Ducks and puppies are best friends. I'll go with you too!” Sandeul said.

“What? How about me, Deullie? Aren't I your best friend?” Baro whined.

They are so childish. I ignored them and walked towards the bus stop. They realized I have already walked that far and they immediately followed.

 

We took the bus and went back to my home. When I opened the door, we were shocked because we saw a boy sleeping on the sofa. He was only wearing a pair of navy blue with golden retriever puppy patterns boxers. He was sleeping peacefully and hugging my towel tightly. He was quite tall and I guessed he was around my age.

 

“Is that your boyfriend?” Sandeul teased.

“I don't think he will bite. And I think he is your cup of tea!” Baro smirked and said.

I slightly blushed and hit Baro's arm lightly.

“Awwww someone is shy.” Sandeul teased again.

“You two just go to clinic and tell Dr. Jung I'm not coming today.”

“Jinyoung hyung must be very sad because his Rachel is not working with him.” Baro mocked.

“I am not his. And you guys should go now.” I said straightly.

“Don't do anything ert towards that innocent boy.” Sandeul teased.

“Are you guys not going?!” I said impatiently as I took out my mop and pretended to hit them. They finally left and I chuckled at their amusing behavior. Yes, this boy is certainly my cup of tea.