Chapter 14.

Thank you, puppy

April’s Fool

 

Rachel’s POV

 

“Noooooonaaaaaaaaa! Wake up!!!!! This is my first day of school!!!!!!” Let me sleep Gong Chansik! “Noona! You sleep much more longer than before!”
“I don't know why but I just want to sleep until the end of the day.” I said as I sat up. I realized that as well. I did my daily routine and Channie cooked for us.
“Nooooonaaaaaaa!” Argh why is he so annoying now? “Can you choose my outfit for today?”
“Sure.” I walked into our bedroom and I was shocked. Channie took out nearly half of his clothes out of the closet and placed them on the bed. “This white T-shirt and these black jeans. Put the other clothes back to the closet. Now!” I said and left the room.
“Noona is so mean!” he shouted from the room. What? This boy is changing. He never cursed me but he is shouting at me right now.
“Gong Chansik are you throwing tantrum?” I shouted back from the living room. He ran from the bedroom to me and kneeled down in front of me.
“Sorry noona…” he was feeling bad.
“It’s alright. Just get changed and go to school.” I sighed. He ran back to the room and got changed. “Let’s go.” Channie opened the door and we saw Namjoon standing outside.
“What are you doing here?” Channie stared at Namjoon.
“Waiting for my jagiya. Jagiya let’s go. I will drive you to school.”
“No! Noona let’s take the bus!”
“No! My car!”
“No! Bus!”
“Last time we took your car to school, so this time we will go to school by bus. Okay?” I couldn't stand for the stupid argument between these two adults.
“Yeah! Let’s go noona!” Channie said and Namjoon scoffed. We got onto the bus and Channie went to the left side of the bus but Namjoon went to the right side. Both of them sat and looked at me.
“Noona sit with me!”
“No! Sit with me!” Arguments repeated. There were elderlies getting on the bus and sat beside them. They facepalmed so I chuckled.
 

We arrived school after 15 minutes. Walking into the school, girls looked at Channie with an adoring expression. Oops.
“Why is that human girl staying with all handsome guys?” “Who is that boy? He looks so cute!” “That human girl should get lost and we can have our oppa on our own!” “Oppa! Please be my boyfriend!” “Human girl already kept Rap Monster oppa to herself, why is she staying with that adorable boy as well?” All kinds of comments could be easily heard and Channie was feeling embarrassed so he stood nearer me. We walked to the cafeteria and there were still gossips around us about Channie.
“Channie!” Baro and Sandeul shouted. “You wear the same colour tone as Rachel! White tee and black bottoms!”
“Yeah, because he told me to choose the first day outfit for him. So he dresses exactly like me today.”
“Noona has couple outfit with me.” Channie grinned. “I know she would choose something like herself.” Everyone around our table heard what he said and started whispering. I felt like my hearing became better and heard some conversations. “What? Human girl lives with that boy?” “Couple outfit?” “What relationship are they?”
“Gongchan, stop talking about your outfit.” Jinyoung huffed. A girl walked nearer to us and approached to Channie.
“Oppa, I want to know you more,” that girl handed Channie some chocolate.
“I am sorry.” Channie hugged me tightly. “I belong to her. And thanks for the chocolate.” He took it and put it into my pocket. The girl cried and ran away.
“Don't hug my jagiya too tightly.” Namjoon said and pulled Channie away.
“Namjoon, just let Channie do that. I am fine with that.”
“Yay!” Channie hugged me again. The crowd around us saw the scene and started gossiping.
“Well, I think Channie will be the new kingka in the school, replacing this annoying wolf.” Sandeul said.
“Nah-uh, I won’t let this puppy be the new kingka.” Namjoon scoffed at Sandeul’s word. The crowd whispered again because they knew Channie is puppy.
“Awww… he is so cute too be a puppy!” girls squealed at his form and we facepalmed ourselves.
 

“Channie, let’s go to the office and get your timetable.” Baro said and we walked together to the office.
“I am the new freshman student, Gong Chansik. Could you give me my timetable please?” Wow he is so polite.
“Wait a moment.” Office lady in the university is always impolite. The office lady said and typed something into the computer. Walking towards the printer, she took a piece of paper to Channie.
“Thank you.” Channie took it and walked away. “Noona do I have classes with you?”
“Let me see.” I tiptoed and looked at his timetable. “Everything is the same as mine!”
“Yeah! I can stay with noona forever!” Channie said and hugged me. Namjoon scoffed. “Noona, we don't have class now, should we go and take a look of this university?”
“Sure.” I linked my arm with Channie and hopped together. Namjoon rolled his eyes and followed. For a university, there are not many facilities like secondary school. There are different buildings for different subjects, like there is a block for natural science, a block of biochemistry, etc. Each block has its own lecture halls, classrooms and laboratories. And there is an art building for art class, which is compulsory for all students. Channie’s jaw dropped when I told him we have art lessons. I pointed the ‘art lesson’ on his timetable and he started fake crying. That kid…
 

“Hey prey.” Oh no that’s Minhyuk. “And that puppy.” Minhyuk and his five-persons gang walked nearer and I was scared. Channie pulled me into his embrace.
“Noona don't worry.” Channie’s voice was shivering but he tried to protect me. Namjoon stood in front of us and tried to protect us as well.
“My prey, I miss that night, you know? Your waist, your thigh, your lips…” Minhyuk said and I felt myself shaking. Namjoon walked towards Minhyuk and he grabbed his collar. The gang walked towards Namjoon and tried to pull him away.
“Noona, what is he talking about? What night?” Channie was surprised at Minhyuk’s word.
“You didn't tell him? We had a great night during the trip.” Minhyuk answered before I could open my mouth. Namjoon punched Minhyuk but Minhyuk signaled his gang not to fight back. Namjoon wanted to punch Minhyuk once more.
“Namjoon, Don't.” I frowned and shouted.
“Fine.” Namjoon grabbed my hand and pulled me out of Channie’s embrace. “Let’s go.”
“Hey, let’s play again next time.” Minhyuk smirked and left with his gang.
 

“Are you okay?” Namjoon held my shoulders and asked. I nodded.
“Noona, what happened to you and that wolf?” He asked and Namjoon told him about that night after getting my permission. I saw Channie’s facial expression had changed when he heard about Minhyuk broke into our room and trying to me. I frowned when I recalled that memory as well.
“We will have organic chemistry class now. Let’s go.” I said and linked arms with both of them. We walked to the chemistry block. The class hadn’t start when we arrived. We sat together at the third row like usual. But this time Channie was here and he sat at my right side. The lecturer arrived and some girls told the lecturer we had a newcomer.
“Please introduce yourself then.” The lecturer told Channie. Channie stood up and faced the others.
“Annyeong-haseyo. I’m Gong Chansik. You can call me Gongchan. I’m a shapeshifter and my animal form is golden retriever puppy,” he was nervous, I could tell, but he tried to calm himself. He sat and held my hand that I could feel his palm was sweating. I gave him a thumb up and he grinned. The lesson had started and Jihoon walked in after a while. Walking to an empty seat, Jihoon kept on glaring at me on the way to the seat. Channie glared back but Jihoon ignored him. Namjoon saw that as well so he hugged me tightly. I felt secure in his embrace. Channie saw what Namjoon did and punched Namjoon’s arm.
“Noona is mine. Don't you dare to touch her again.” Channie said.
“You know what, puppy, we should stop fighting because both of us just want to protect her. Every time Jihoon glares at her, I will hug her and protect her. So please don't over react.” Namjoon said calmly and I was shocked by his clear explanation.
“Fine.” Channie wasn't satisfied with the hugging part. “We can stop fighting but I can hug noona as well.” Namjoon heard his answer and smirked.
“What a childish puppy.” They started the glaring competition again.
“Stop. You two. Both of you can hug me, okay?” They nodded. “Thank you.” They finally stopped the competition and Channie started jotting notes. He is a great student by his concentrating expression. On the other hand, Namjoon’s eyes were still focusing on me. I ignored him and started jotting notes as well.

 

Class ended and we were packing our things.
“Do you understand what the lecturer said?” I asked.
“Yes, noona. I have learnt by myself from your textbook. I think it is quite easy.” Channie grinned.
“Very good.” I smiled and tiptoed to pat his head. I lost my balance and fell onto him. His arms s around my waist and my head bumped onto his chest.
“Noona, are you okay?” he smiled and asked.
“Yes.” I blushed. I heard some fangirls screaming. Are they screaming about Channie? I pulled myself out of his embrace and continued packing. The fangirls started to approach Channie.
“Gongchan, let’s have lunch?” a girl asked. She looks so pure but she is snake! No offend.
“No, Gongchan-oppa, have lunch with me!” another girl shouted. Channie please say no.
“I am sorry. I am not going to have lunch with you.” Channie apologized. I was waiting for Channie inside the class but someone dragged me out of the classroom.
“Just wait here. If the girls know that puppy is eating with you, you are not going to walk out of this building, you know?” Namjoon said. I nodded. We saw the girls frowned and left the classroom one by one. Channie frowned and walked out as well.
“Noona why do you leave me?” Channie saw me and asked, still frowning.
“I’m sorry. Namjoon dragged me out.” I linked my arm with him. “Let’s go to the cafeteria and find Sandeul and Baro, okay?”
“Sure,” Channie smiled again. “Noona has to buy me ice-cream later! Vanilla flavor!”
“Alright.” I smiled at his childishness.

 

We arrived cafeteria and walked to the usual table we sat. Sandeul and Baro were already arrived there waiting for us.
“Sandeullie hyung! Baro hyung!” Channie ran to them and hugged them. This kid is too cute to resist.
“Channie, every girl is talking about you!” Sandeul said.
“Why?” Channie asked innocently. We glared at him with ‘you-really-don't-know?’ expression.
“Find out yourself. I will go and buy food.” Sandeul said.
“Yay! I am hungry! Sandeullie hyung can you buy sandwich for me?” Channie started his aegyo and NO ONE could say no to his aegyo.
“Alright. Tuna sandwich?” Sandeul gave in and asked.
“Sure! Thank you!” Channie grinned.
“How about you princess?” Baro asked.
“I want a salmon salad. Thank you.” I smiled. Baro and Sandeul went to buy food.
“Noona, I will go to the washroom first.” Channie said.
“Okay.” I said and he went to the washroom.

 

Zico’s POV

 

I was washing my hands inside the washroom beside the cafeteria and I saw a familiar boy.
“Hello, we meet again. Puppy.” I smirked and said.
“What do you want?” Wow he is now rebellious.
“Nothing, just to say hi. Living good now?”
“None of your business.” He glared at me.
“Your new master let you go to school, huh? I was doing so right to send you away.”
“Yes. My new master is much better than you!” How can this Gong Chansik changed like this after leaving me. He left the washroom and I walked out as well. He walked towards that girl and they smiled happily to each other.
The game becomes more interesting.

Author's Note: It is now 5th September in both Korea and Hong Kong, so, yeah it is a Saturday. Happy Birthday Cha Baro, our Squirrel Prince, or Super Baro. 
HappyBaroDay