Chapter 15.

Thank you, puppy

Sick

 

Rachel’s POV

 

Life went on, with unlimited arguments between Channie and Namjoon, and some minor bullying by the fangirls of Channie and Namjoon, and interesting moments by Badeul. It was a normal Saturday in the late April, with same routine, Channie cooked for us, and I drank Chinese herbal medicine, then we went to the clinic.

 

“Boss Shinwoo, Dr. Jung, good morning.” I greeted them.
“Shinwoo-hyung, Jinyoungie hyung, good morning!” Channie grinned but Jinyoung scoffed, every time. They greeted us and went to their own room. We started working and I had to go between their rooms and the register counter. I went to Boss Shinwoo’s room and I suddenly felt dizzy. I fell onto something soft and warm. I opened my eyes and saw Boss Shinwoo with his black bear form protecting me from falling onto the floor. The patient awed at Boss Shinwoo’s agility.
“Thank you,” I smiled and stood up. Boss Shinwoo changed back to human form and fixed his coat a bit.
“Do you need medicine?” Boss Shinwoo asked me.
“No, thanks.” I shook my head and went back to the register counter. Baro and Sandeul arrived and Channie was so happy to see them. Aren’t they already seeing each other everyday at school?
“Sandeullie hyung, sing something!” Channie was so enthusiastic. Sandeul joined the singing contest that would be held after the examination period. He nodded and started singing ‘Emergency room’. His voice was so beautiful and I was immersed into his singing. The patients in the waiting room were focusing on him. I could feel my goosebumps on my arm during listening to his angelic voice. He finished singing and the patients gave him applauses. My hands automatically clapped for him as well. He did really well. Sandeul smiled embarrassedly to the others and sat down.
“Deullie you are the best!” Baro said and gave him a thumb-up.
“Sandeullie hyung jjang!” Channie grinned. My phone was vibrating so I took it out and saw a message from Namjoon.

 

To: Jagiya
My dad will come and collect the house rent. Let’s have a dinner with him tonight. 7pm.
From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon
Okay.
From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya
Wear prettier.
From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon
-_-.
From: Rachel

 

He didn't reply and it was one in the afternoon. LUNCH TIME!
“It is LUNCH TIME!!” Sandeul was so excited. Just like every Saturday, I have lunch with Channie, Baro, Sandeul, Dr. Jung and Boss Shinwoo. We had American food this Saturday, okay I mean McDonald’s.
“Noona, what should we eat tonight? Are you going to cook?” Channie asked.
“Oh, I will have dinner with Namjoon tonight.”
“What?” “That wolf?” “Arghhhh… Little red riding hood!” “…” When I opened my mouth and wanted to talk…
“He is surely interested in you!” Baro exclaimed.
“You are really silly!” Sandeul said.
“NO! Don't go!” Jinyoung yelled.
“Do you really know about him?” Boss Shinwoo asked calmly.
“No… His dad will come and collect house rent. Don't worry guys. He definitely doesn't like me.” I said.
“Noona, can I follow?” Channie asked.
“Sure! I won’t leave you alone!” I patted his head. We walked home linking arm.
“Noona, I like you linking arms with me,” he grinned. “We look like couples.”
“Don't say something nonsense.” I blushed.
“You don't like me?” He pouted and asked.
“Surely I like you!” I blurted.
“Noona I like you too,” he grinned and continued walking. This kid…

 

We went home at around three.
“Noona, let’s watch Monster University!” he took out the DVD from my shelf.
“Sorry, Channie, I want to take a nap.” I rubbed my eyes.
“Is sleeping more important than me…?” he pouted and showed his puppy eyes.
“Alright, alright. Let's watch it.” I yawned and told him to play the DVD.
“Awww… Mike is so cute!” Channie exclaimed. I fell asleep on Channie’s shoulder after some time.

 

“Arghh… noona you fell asleep.” I heard Channie’s voice so I rubbed my eyes and got up.
“Sorry Channie… What time is it now?” I asked.
“Six thirty.” Channie pouted and said.
“Channie please don't be mad at noona, okay?” I said and pecked his right cheek. His face changed to crimson.
“Noona~~~~” he started his aegyo. “How about my left cheek?” I facepalmed. “Please~~~~” he looked at me with his soul-melting puppy eyes. I pecked his left cheek as well.
“Get changed now, aegyo king.” I told Channie and he got changed in front of me. I blushed. “Get a room!”
“No need.” He smirked. This kid… I went to my room and opened my closet door. What should I wear? I took out a black dress I didn't know when did I buy it. Should I wear this or find another prettier clothes?
“Channie!!” I yelled from my room. He ran here. “He told me to wear prettier. Should I wear this? I actually don't know I have this dress.”
“No!!! I bought you this dress.” Channie said and I was shocked. “This is a present for me to thank you for everything you gave me. So, please don't wear this for that wolf.”
“Okay.” My hand caressed his cheek and we smiled. “Choose my outfit for the dinner then.” He nodded and chose my outfit. It was exactly my style, black and white. White button-up shirt and black skirt, with the original yellow boots from Timberland.
“Ta-dah.” Channie was so proud of himself.
“Go out. I have to get changed.” I mehrong-ed and pushed him out of the room. Closing the door, I got changed and took my clutch. I placed my key and a cheque inside. I opened the bedroom door and grabbed Channie’s hand. “Let’s go!” We went to next door and rang his doorbell. The door was opened and revealed the suit-wearing Namjoon.
“Jagiya!” He smiled warmly when he saw me. “Why is he here?” Mood swing.
“Because I want to follow.” Channie said arrogantly.
“Such a puppy.” Namjoon rolled his eyes.
“Is that Rachel? Please come in!” Mr. Kim shouted from the living room. We walked in and greeted Mr. Kim. Channie introduced himself as well. Mr. Kim said Namjoon prepared the meal for tonight. We ate together.
“Namjoon said that you are his girlfriend. And this young man Gongchan is your brother. Right?” Mr. Kim asked.
“What?” Channie was so surprised at Mr. Kim’s word. So did I.
“Ummm… Namjoon did saved me before, but… I am not his girlfriend.” I explained embarrassedly.
“Oh.” Mr. Kim glared at Namjoon, I think he was mentally cursing his son for telling this lie to him. “If Namjoon could meet a girlfriend like you, that would be good. My son is so bad, he only knows s.” Mr. Kim glared at Namjoon again. I blushed at Mr. Kim’s compliment.
“What?” Namjoon glared back.
“If my son is going to married, or meet a great girlfriend, I would be inheriting my whole company to him.” Mr. Kim told us. Ah, that’s why Namjoon kept calling me jagiya. I gave the cheque to Mr. Kim and left after we had finished the dinner. Channie and I went home afterwards.

 

To: Annoying Namjoon
Please tell me next time.
From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya
What?
From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon
You want your father’s company. You should tell me. Don't use me next time.
From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya
I really like you. I wasn't using you!
From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon
Don't tell lie, okay? And, don't call me jagiya anymore.
From: Rachel

 

I placed my phone inside the bedroom.
“Channie, I am not feeling well. I will take shower first.” I told Channie.
“Okay,” he was watching Spongebob. I went to place my pajamas inside the bathroom and suddenly felt like the whole world was spinning. I saw black.

 

Gongchan’s POV

 

I heard something fall onto the ground inside the bathroom.
“Noona?” I shouted but she didn't reply. I walked into the bathroom and saw noona fainted on the floor. I immediately carried her to her bed and called Jinyoungie hyung and Shinwoo hyung to come. I stayed beside noona and took her hand. They arrived after 15 minutes.
“Noona was fainted inside the bathroom and she has high fever.” I was panicking but I could still tell them clearly what happened.
“Why would she suddenly become like that?” Jinyoungie hyung was shocked. Shinwoo hyung took out his stethoscope and checked.
“Her heartbeat was unusually fast. Normal human’s heart should not be pumping that quick.” Shinwoo hyung told us.
“What should we do now?” I asked.
“We don't know yet. We will visit tomorrow and observe how she is.” Shinwoo hyung replied.
“Okay… Thank you.” I was so worried. They left. Noona, you will be fine, right? I took a quick shower and lay next to noona. I embraced noona tightly and her hair. “Noona, you are sleeping so you probably can’t hear it. I really like you. And, there is a confession letter inside the pocket of the black dress. If someday you can discover that, tell me, and accept me as your boyfriend. Goodnight, noona.” I kiss noona’s forehead and fell asleep.

 

I dreamt of noona and I were playing happily together inside amusement park. She wore the black dress I bought her. We ate the same cotton candy and she clung my arm tightly when we walked into the haunted house. She told me she was so scared of haunted house before. I could felt her warmth on my arm. I always called her noona but she looked like a little girl to me. She was short and she had to tiptoe in order to pat my head. I had imagined that she calls me oppa, but I know she wouldn't do that in the reality. Then I dreamt of we were sitting in one of the cabin of the Ferris wheel. She pecked my cheeks and I kissed her lips. The scent of vanilla and baby powder surrounded us and I felt so excited and happy. I slowly opened my eyes and noona was still sleeping in my embrace. “Good morning, noona.” I did my daily routine and sat beside her. I grabbed her hand and stayed beside her. It was around noon and I heard the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Jinyoungie hyung and Shinwoo hyung were here.
“Is there any changes?” Shinwoo hyung asked. I shook my head. They checked noona’s condition again and they were frowning. I suddenly think of something.
“Don't you guys think the symptoms were so familiar? It happened once when I was small. It is transformation.”