Chapter 08.

Thank you, puppy

Interview
 

It was a Friday morning. It was the day for Gongchan to have an interview and test for university but I felt like I have forgotten something. I woke and cooked breakfast for both of us.

 

“Noona, what should I wear for interview?” he shouted from the room. Oh, I forgot to buy him formal wear.

“Umm… Chan-ah, wait for a moment.” I ran to next door and rang the doorbell. I rang and waited for around five minutes. The door was finally opened and Namjoon with messy hair was appeared.

“Good morning, jagiya. What are you doing here?” he said with husky and y voice.

“I want to borrow a suit and leather shoes,” I said.

“For that puppy again?” he asked and I nodded.

“Wait for me, jagiya. And I will punish you for waking me up so early,” he smirked and walked into his room. Punish? WTF? He handed me a suit and a pair of shoes.

“You should thank me for waking you up now because you can go to school on time today.” I said and went back.

 

I went to my room and gave Gongchan the suit.

“Argh, noona, why are you borrowing the clothes from that wolf again?” he said with irritated tone.
“Because I forgot to buy you a suit. I am sorry, Chan-ah,” I said and I left the room. Gongchan walked towards me after he got changed.

“What do you think, noona?” he asked.

“You look so great!” I was flabbergasted as I saw this handsome boy in front of me.

“Thanks noona. Can you help me to fix my hair a bit?” I nodded and led him to the restroom. I took out the hairspray and helped him to fix his hair.

“You are so handsome.” I couldn't control my mind when I saw this tempting creature.

“Noona, go and get changed or we will be late!” he said and pushed me to my bedroom. I immediately wore a hoodie and jeans with my black converse. I tied my hair into a ponytail.

“Let’s go!” I said and opened the front door. Namjoon was standing in front of my flat.

“I will drive you to school,” Namjoon offered.

“No, noona will take the bus with me!” Gongchan immediately retorted.

“Chan-ah, I don't want you to be late for the interview. Just accept his offer, okay?” Gongchan pouted and nodded. We took the elevator and Gongchan linked his arm with mine. Namjoon saw that and wrapped my shoulder with his arm. Why are they acting so strange suddenly? We walked to Namjoon’s car and Namjoon opened the door of the shotgun seat for me. When I was going to get in, Gongchan dragged me to the back row. Namjoon shrugged and went into the driver’s seat. The atmosphere inside the car was so awkward. No one dared to talk. Gongchan sent Namjoon deadly glare and Namjoon stared back through the mirror. I didn't want to be involved in this staring competition so I decided to look outside the window.

 

We arrived and walked out of the car.

“See you later, jagiya.” Namjoon said and left.

“Why is he calling you jagiya?” Gongchan gasped at Namjoon’s use of word.

“Well, I don't know.” I shrugged and we walked to the cafeteria.

 

“Wow, Channie is so handsome today!” Sandeul praised.

“Channie looks like a prince!” Baro said and patted Gongchan’s fixed hair.

“Baro hyung, noona fixed my hair! Noona~~ did Baro hyung ruin my hairstyle?” he pouted and asked.

“No, Chan-ah, you still look great!”

“Thanks noona!” Gongchan grinned. Jinyoung scoffed and walked away.

“Why is Dr. Jung reacting like this?” I asked.

“I think he is jealous.” Sandeul giggled. I shrugged.

“I will bring him to the principal office now. Bye guys.”
“Good luck Channie!” Baro and Sandeul said and waved. We walked to the principal office and I helped him to fix his suit.

“Chan-ah, just do your best. Okay?”

“Sure, noona!” I hugged him and knocked the office door.

“Did you make an appointment?” the office lady came and asked.

“Yes, Gong Chansik, applying for freshman, 8 a.m.” I said. She checked and led him in.
“See you later, Chan-ah.” He nodded and followed the office lady.

 

I walked to the class and saw Namjoon sitting at the third row. He saw me and told me to sit with him. I sat beside him and started reading my textbook to prepare for the lesson.

“Why is that puppy coming with you today?”
“He is applying for university so he comes to have an interview today.”

“Oh, what major is he going to study?”
“Human biology.”
“What? He is going to study the same major with us? Is he going to steal you from me? Jagiya, you are mine!”

“Namjoon, I am not yours, okay? And please stop calling me jagiya.”

He leaned in and whispered, “No way, you are my jagiya,” he my earlobe. My cheeks reddened by his action.

“Jagiya,” he blew some warm air into my ears and I shivered. “I love seeing you blush.” I ignored him and jotted notes. I turned around and saw his fangirls stared at me and some of them showed their fangs and made scary faces towards me. I sighed. Kim Namjoon always creates troubles to my life. Suddenly, I saw that husky-voiced man again. He was sitting nearer to me and glanced at me. I tugged Namjoon’s sleeve and he looked at me. I mouthed ‘that man again’ to him and he immediately wrapped my shoulder with his arm.

“Don't worry, I promised I will protect you.” He said with serious tone and I nodded. I felt secure inside Namjoon’s embrace and I could concentrate on study.

 

It was 1 in the afternoon and we packed our things. When we walked outside the classroom, we saw five familiar faces and they are the gang that bullied me that day. I immediately held Namjoon’s arm tightly.

“Hey, Minhyuk. You guys transferred to this school?” Namjoon asked.

“Yes, and hi my prey. We meet again. Do you remember me?” that Minhyuk guy smirked and said. I looked at him with frightened eyes.

“Awww… our prey is scared. We should introduce ourselves, aren’t we?” that Ostrich guys said. “I am Jaehyo, ostrich is my animal form.”
“I am Taeil, Persian cat,” the glasses guys said and smiled. He didn't look like part of the gang actually.

“I am Park Kyung, scorpion. I like pretty girls, like you,” that scorpion guys said and smirked.

“I am Yukwon, bulldog,” he grinned. He didn't look like part of the gang as well.

“I am Minhyuk, wolf. I think you know me, right? And Namjoon is my cousin,” that Minhyuk guy said. What? Namjoon is his cousin so Namjoon might be part of them. But he saved me from them. Should I trust Namjoon at all? I sighed and let go of Namjoon’s arm. Namjoon looked at me with confused eyes and tilted his head a bit when I let go. He probably didn't understand my action.

“I am Jihoon, husky,” that husky voice suddenly appeared behind my ears and I was scared and clung onto Namjoon’s arm once again.

“We will get you one day, my prey.” Minhyuk said and my hair.

“I will protect her with my life.” Namjoon said and held my hand. He felt my palm sweating. “Let’s go.” We walked away.

 

“Are you okay, jagiya?” he asked with care.

“Yes, thank you Namjoon,” I couldn't imagine if Namjoon wasn't staying beside me at that moment. “I have to go now.” I ran to the gate and met Gongchan, Baro and Sandeul.

“Noona!” Gongchan hugged me tightly. “I can study with you start from next month!”

“That's good,” I said emotionlessly. I was still a bit scared.

“Noona~ let’s go home and celebrate!”

“Sorry, Chan-ah. I have to work. Can you go home alone?”

“No, I want to follow noona,” he pouted.

“But you will be bored if you follow me.”

“Don't worry, dongsaeng. We will play with Channie so he won’t get bored.” Baro said. I agreed with his idea.

 

I went to the clinic after lunch. Boss Shinwoo had already arrived the clinic and we greeted him.

“Wow, Gongchan looks great in suit!” Boss Shinwoo said.

“He looks like Prince Charming for our Princess Rachel!” Baro said. Gongchan grinned and hugged me lightly. I laughed.

“Don't say that when Jinyoung is here.” Boss Shinwoo told Baro.

“Jinyoung hyung is always jealous.” Sandeul said and we laughed. We got back to work and the three of them was playing happily in the waiting room. I saw them changed back to their animal form. I took pictures for them. I didn't usually see Baro and Sandeul in their animal form. Aww… This is a great moment to see a squirrel, a duck and a puppy playing together. The notice light on my desk lit and it signaled me to go inside Boss Shinwoo’s room.

“How can I help you, Dr. Shin?” I called him Dr. Shin whenever there is a patient.

“There is no patient now so I want to have some bonding time with you.” Boss Shinwoo said and signaled me to sit beside him. I sat.

“Rachel, when are you going to ask Gongchan about the past?” he asked straightforwardly.

“I don't know… I don't want to force him to talk about his nightmare.” I frowned.

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” Boss Shinwoo said.

“Wow, word of wisdom!” I was shocked from his saying.
“Yeah, because that quote is from Rafiki in Lion King.” We both laughed.

 

I told Boss Shinwoo not to drive us and we walked home. We bought food and walked. Some girls looked at Gongchan like predators looking at their prey. Gongchan held me hand and sped up his pace.

“Noona, I am scared. Why are those girls looking at me like this?” he whispered.

“Because you are good-looking.” I said and look at him with ‘you-really-don't-know?’ expression. We arrived home and ate. We ate then took shower.

“Noona, let’s watch Lion King!” he said and tried to find the DVD in my shelf.

“Chan-ah, can I ask you something?” I pulled him to sit on the sofa.

“Sure, noona. What do you want to ask?” he tilted his head.

“I want to ask you about your past and your previous master.” I said. He frowned and lowered his head.

“Can we not talk about this…?”

“Okay sorry.” I patted his shoulder lightly and took the disc of Lion King in the shelf. I felt so sorry about touching his weak point. I walked to the disc player and started to play Lion King. We watched together and I felt him tucking my sleeve.

“Noona, please don't be mad.”
“I am not mad. I really felt sorry about digging in your nightmare.” I ruffled his hair.

 

After watching for a while.

“ROAR~~~” Gongchan was pretending Simba and roared. I giggled. OMG he is so cute.

“Chan-ah, you are a puppy, not a lion.” I smiled and said.

“Noona, what do you think you are, if you are a shapeshifter?” he asked.

“I don't know, probably a cat or a fox.” I have thought about that before but it was probably nonsense as I am a pure human.

“I hope noona is a puppy with me!” he hugged me tightly. “We will be puppy couple then!” Couple? I thought and blushed. I was imagining the wedding of us… It would be romantic… What am I thinking!! Arghhhh…

“Noona, you face is so red.” Gongchan said and poked my cheeks. “Are you thinking something bad?” he teased.

“No!” I yelled.

“Aww… noona is thinking something bad~ Are you imagining you will give birth to some Golden retriever puppies?” he teased.

“What are you talking about!” My cheeks were crimson. He hugged me tightly and whispered.

“Noona, I want to marry you in the future!” I punched his arm lightly and turned away. We slept together in the sofa until next morning.

 

It was Saturday and we woke. I cooked and Gongchan was waiting for the delivery of mine.

 

Ding Dong

“Good morning, young man. Delivery!”

“Thanks, ahjussi!”

“Have a nice day.” Ahjussi said and left.

“Noona! The delivery is here~ I open it for you!” he said as he walked in.

“Sure,” he opened and we saw the usual herbal medicine, a small pink cube box and a pink envelope.

“What is this?” I opened the box and saw a necklace with a pendant. The pendant is silver and it is feather shape. I put it aside and opened the envelope. It was a letter.

 

Dear Rachel,

 

The necklace belongs to you. Please keep it and wear it everyday.

 

Love,
Auntie Boyoung

 

“This is mine?” I looked at the necklace and said, “Chan-ah, can you help me to put it on?”
“Sure, noona.” Gongchan helped me to put it on. “It is beautiful! It suits noona!”

“Thanks.” I smiled and heated the medicine. I drank the medicine and we went to work. Time passed quickly and it was time for lunch. I received a message.

 

To: Jagiya

Reserve your Monday for me.

From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon

Why?

From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya

You should pay back, for borrowing suits for that puppy.

From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon

Fine. See you on Monday.

From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya

Can’t wait to see you.

From: Handsome Namjoon

 

I didn't reply and I went to have lunch with Gongchan, Baro, Sandeul, Boss Shinwoo and Jinyoung.

“Noona, sit with me~”

“Sure,” I smiled and sat next to him. Boss Shinwoo sat beside me.

“Channie sit next to me!” Baro and Sandeul said at the same time.

“Baro hyung, Sandeullie hyung, I can only sit with either one of you…” Gongchan was in a very awkward situation.

“Baro, sit with me.” Jinyoung dragged Baro to sit with him.

We ate and chatted. Suddenly a group of boys walked into the restaurant.

“Oh, that's Yukwon and Kyung in our biotechnology class! They are new comers.” Baro said. Oh My God. I startled and grabbed Gongchan’s arm. Gongchan saw them as well and looked at me.

“That's the gang that hurt noona at the arcade mall!” Gongchan said. I nodded. “Baro hyung, they are your classmates, so they are now in the same school as noona?” I nodded again. Baro, Sandeul and Jinyoung knew that as well so they were shocked.

The gang walked nearer.

“Hi, my prey. We meet again.” Minhyuk said and touched my cheek with his fingertip. Gongchan snapped him away. Jihoon looked at my necklace and whispered something to Taeil. Taeil nodded.

“What are you doing here…” I said with frightened voice.

“This is a restaurant. We come and eat.” Jaehyo answered and pulled my hair. I winced in pain.

“Where is your guardian wolf, huh?” Kyung asked.

“We are her guardians, sir. Please go away.” Jinyoung suddenly said.

“Fine,” Minhyuk led them to another table.

 

Boss Shinwoo held my hands tightly and showed an assured smile. Gongchan wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Jinyoung came behind me and ruffled my hair. Baro and Sandeul flied some kisses to me.

“Thanks guys. I know I can trust you.” I smiled.

“Don't mention it. You are our princess, our dongsaeng.” Baro said.

Noona, I will protect you with my life!” Gongchan said. 

Author's Note: Sweet girl :D