Chapter 04.

Thank you, puppy

Meet the gang.

 

Gongchan's POV

 

It was seven thirty in the morning. I woke and stretched a bit. In order to thank noona, shouldn't I cook something for her? I went to brush my teeth clean and went to the kitchen. I put on the green apron and opened the refrigerator. There were eggs, bacons, sausages and milk. Maybe I should make omelets and pan-fry the bacons and sausages. My previous master taught me how to cook. I don't want to think of that bastard again. Argh…

 

I have done cooking and placed the dishes onto the table. I hope noona will enjoy the breakfast I made.

 

Ding Dong

I opened the door and saw a delivery ahjussi.

“Ms Jang, your weekly delivery is here,” ahjussi said.

“Oh, let me take it for her, thanks ahjussi,” I said and wondered what it was inside.

“Thanks young man, have a good day,” he said and left.

I went to noona's bedroom and woke her up.

 

Rachel's POV

 

“Noona, good morning!”

“Ummm… Good morning Gongchan,” I smelled something delicious.

“I cooked!”

“You don't have to,” I said as I was walking towards the restroom.

I brushed my teeth and walked to the table.

“Noona, enjoy your meal,” he smiled and sat.

“Gongchan-ah, I am not your master, so you don't have to cook for me, okay?”

“It is a thank-you meal. Thank you for buying those clothes and letting me to live here!”

“Alright, alright.” I ruffled his hair.

“Oh, noona, you have a delivery! What is it?”

“Thanks, Gongchan. It is herbal medicine from Auntie Boyoung. She sends me this medicine every week. She said it is good for my health.” I took out a pot, poured all the herbs inside, added water and lit the gas stove. I went back to the table and ate. Wow, no wonder this boy can cook!

 

“Noona, it smells weird,” he said and pouted.

“Chinese herbal medicines smell like this.” I chuckled at his pout. I drank the medicine and got changed in my room.

“Noona, where are you going? It's still eight thirty in the morning,” he asked.

“Sorry, Gongchan, I have to work.”

“Can I go with you?” he said.

“No…”
“Please, noona.” He said and started aegyo. How can I say no to his aegyo!

 

The clinic opened from nine to one on Saturday. Usually we would have lunch together afterwards. Maybe this is the time I introduce Gongchan to them.

We walked together and reached the clinic. Both Boss Shinwoo and Jinyoung worked on Saturday.

“Good morning, Boss Shinwoo. Good morning Dr. Jung.” I greeted them.

“Good morning, Rachel. I've heard about the puppy from Baro and Sandeul.” Boss Shinwoo said.

“Oh, yes. He is Gongchan, he is now living with me.” I smiled and introduced Gongchan to Boss Shinwoo and Jinyoung.

“Hello, I'm Gongchan.” He said shyly.

“What? This boy is living with you? Nonono! It is so dangerous for a girl living with a boy!” Jinyoung exclaimed.

“Don't be over-reacting, Jinyoung.” Boss Shinwoo said and went back to his room. I saw Jinyoung using his fox eyes and stared at Gongchan. I sighed.

“Dr. Jung, go back to your room. We have to start working.” I said. “And Gongchan, please sit here and wait for me, okay?”

Jinyoung sighed and went back to his room. Gongchan nodded.

 

I went into the register counter and started working. There were not much people. Whenever there were dogs or puppies came into the clinic, Gongchan would look at them happily. I hope he is not bored. Sorry, Gongchan.

 

“Look, everyone. This clinic is really good and the medicine is very effective! My ducky was sick yesterday and he is alright now!” OMG I heard Baro's voice. They started their little 'drama' outside.

“Yes! The doctors are nice and they are willing to help!” Certainly, this is Sandeul.

There were more people coming in, mostly because of the ‘effective medicine’ and ‘nice doctors’.

 

Baro and Sandeul walked in and indicated it was one o'clock.

“Lunch time! Look, Baro! He is the handsome boy in Rachel's house yesterday!” Sandeul exclaimed.

“Oh hi, little puppy!” Baro said as he patted Gongchan's head.

“Don't scare him, Baro!” I angrily said.

“Umm… hello. I am Sandeul and he is Baro. What is your name?”

“I am Gongchan,” he shyly said.

“Gongchan-ah, don't worry, they are kind,” I said. Gongchan nodded.

When I was still calculating the money earned today, I heard those three boys giggling, seemed like they have become friends already. That's great. Boss Shinwoo and Jinyoung came out from their own room.

“Gongchan-ah, let's have lunch together,” Boss Shinwoo said as he patted Gongchan’s shoulder.

 

We went to a steak house nearby and have lunch.

“Gongchan-ah, what do you want to eat?” I asked.

“I want steak, medium!” he answered excitedly. We ordered the food and waited.

“Thanks noona!” Gongchan said.

“What?” “Noona?” “He is younger than you?” “Wow…” those four boys were so loud.

“Well, he called me like this from the beginning. I actually don't know how old is he.”

“I am going to be 20 years old this year, noona. How about you?”

“Well, I'm 20 this year as well. So, no more ‘noona’!”

“But why… I love calling you noona,” he said and he felt like going to cry.

“Alright, alright. Don't cry, okay?” I ruffled his hair.

“Yay!” he hugged me tightly and sniffed.

“Yah! No need to hug that tight, right?” Jinyoung suddenly said.

“Jinyoung hyung is jealous! His Rachel is hugged by another boy!” Sandeul said. Jealous?

“S-She is not mine…” Jinyoung stuttered and frowned.

 

We ate and Boss Shinwoo paid for the meal. He is the best black bear in the world. I told him to drive Gongchan and me to the arcade mall.

“Let's play, Gongchan,” I smiled and said.

“Sure, noona!” he was excited.

 

Everyone had to clip a card onto their clothes stating what animal they were before entering the arcade mall. This policy was for security reason. Some larger (shapeshifters) animals couldn't go inside as they might threaten the safety of the other customers. I took a card with human picture for myself and took a card with dog picture for Gongchan.

“Gongchan-ah, please help me to exchange some tokens,” I said as I handed him some money. “I will be waiting next to the Taiko no Tatsujin, that drum game, okay?”

“Sure, noona,” he went to the counter and exchanged some tokens while I was walking towards the drum game machine.

“Wow, pretty girl, you are here alone?” a male with husky voice said.

I looked up and saw six men standing around me. I am so short that they looked like a block of wall, except the one wearing glasses. I looked at their cards, the one with glasses was cat, and two of them are dogs, one scorpion, one ostrich and one wolf.

“Do you want to have fun, with me?” the wolf one smirked and my ear. I blushed and bit my bottom lip. Ear is my sensitive spot!

“Oh, hyung, look, she is blushing.” The scorpion said.

“Hey, our hyung asked you! Why don't you answer!” the dog with the husky voice said and cupped my face with one hand tightly. I could feel his fingernails scratching my cheeks. Help. Where is Gongchan? Can someone please help me? The ostrich one was pulling my hair. I could only show painful expression and I felt my tears dripping down from my eyes.

“Hey, Minhyuk, why are you bullying an innocent girl?” I heard Kim Namjoon's voice. Is he going to save me?

“None of your business Namjoon.” The wolf one said.

“I think you have enough girls to play with. Give this one to me, okay?” Namjoon said as he pulled me away from the grip.

“Hey!” the husky voice said.

“Fine, Namjoon. Next time I won’t let you take away my prey again.” That Minhyuk guy said and they left.

“Are you alright?” Namjoon said and scratched his nape.

“Noona, are you okay?” Gongchan ran towards me and embraced me tightly. I nodded.

“There was a long queue so I have to wait for a long time. I am sorry noona,” he said, “I shouldn't leave you here alone…” he cried.

“I'm okay, Gongchan. Don't cry…” I said and turned towards Namjoon, “Namjoon, can you drive us home?”

“Sure.”