Chapter 21.

Thank you, puppy

Exam Period and Singing Contest

 

We had exam on English and Human Biology last week. And this day was the exam of Organic Chemistry, which I was worried the most. Most confident part must be the memorizing part, but my weakness was calculation. Although Channie had taught me everything, I was still scared. We were standing outside the examination hall.
“Channie…” I looked at him with teary eyes. He held my hand tight.
“Noona don't worry. Believe in yourself.” Channie said and kissed my forehead. I smiled at his sweetness but suddenly I fell someone pulling me away. It was Namjoon.
“Hey wolf what are you doing!” Channie was furious and he tried to grab my hand but he failed.
“None of your business!” Namjoon was furious as well, I didn't know why.
“Kim Namjoon, who are you to pull me away?” I asked coldly. He heard that and became speechless. He didn't move a bit so I decided to pull myself away from his embrace. His embrace was warm but it wasn't for me. I walked back to Channie. “Let’s go.” Channie nodded and grabbed my hand. We went into the examination hall and went to our own seat.
“According to the clock in the hall, it is now nine o’ clock. The exam will be ended at eleven o’ clock. You may start now.” The lecturer announced and everyone in the hall started to work on the exam. I opened the exam paper and started scanning the questions. It wasn't as difficult as I thought. The questions about calculations weren’t hard as well since Channie had taught me before. I smiled and started working. I looked at the IR spectroscopy and I saw the peak for C=O double bond and the broad peak for hydroxyl group. I looked at the choices, A. Alkene, B. Amine, C. Alcohol, D. Carboxylic acid. It is the carboxylic acid! Channie taught me how to distinguish between carboxylic acid and alcohol before. I was quite confident, and thanks to Channie. The exam ended at eleven and we were packing our belongings.

“Noona, where are we going now?”
“We are going to the practice room.”
“Why?”
“Deullie is practicing in the practice room!”
“What is he practicing?”
“He is practicing singing! He will be joining the singing contest after a week!” Channie understood and we went to the practice room. When we walked into the practice room silently, we saw Jinyoung was sitting beside Sandeul, with his acoustic guitar on his lap. Sandeul was singing with his eyes closed. I hadn’t heard this song before but Deullie’s voice was so intoxicating. He was so powerful when he sang something like ‘내 사랑아’. It makes me wonder if Deullie has a crush or not. We were amazed and fascinated. They practiced the whole song and they saw us.
“My dongsaeng! Channie!” Deullie exclaimed, and when he saw what we were holding, “Food!!!!!!”
“Take a rest and eat something.” I said and handed the food to Sandeul. I suddenly felt someone backhugging me.
“My princess!” Baro yelled beside my ears. “I was sitting at the corner of the room so you didn't see me.” He sounded like pouting.
“Sorry. Let’s eat okay?” I saw Sandeul placed the food on the floor and Baro let go of me.
“Noona is mine.” I looked and saw Channie pulling Baro’s arm. Oh Channie pulled Baro away from me. This kid… We placed everything on the floor and sat on the floor. Sandeul sat beside Baro and pouted while he was eating.
“Sandeullie hyung why are you pouting?” Channie asked.
“I felt so stressful although I am doing the favourite thing.” Sandeul said. “I am afraid that I can’t do my best on the stage…” He told us about his concern.
“Deullie…” Baro cried and hugged Sandeul tightly. “Why don't you tell me you Babo!”
“Sandeul-ah, don't worry. I will be here with you.” Jinyoung said and patted Sandeul’s shoulder.
“Sandeullie hyung~ I will make more good food for you to eat!” Channie said.
“Ducky, we are here for you. Don't think too much okay?” I said. Sandeul nodded and smiled again. They started practicing again after we ate. We had dinner together with Boss Shinwoo.

Channie and I left after dinner. We were walking home.
“Channie, do you want to run?”
“Yes!” Channie answered and changed himself into puppy form. He ran around the park, while I was sitting on the grass and took out a book to read. The atmosphere was so comfortable. I heard Channie barking so I put the book down. He jumped towards me and I held him tightly. He my face enthusiastically. I felt loved when he did that.
“Channie, let’s go home.” I held him tightly and went home. It was still exam period but this was holiday for us already. There were some other students that still didn't finish the exams so it was free time for us. Channie and I separated from each other that he went to the practice room everyday and I kept on working for money. Every night he would come to clinic and waited for me. We would have dinner together and went home. We still didn't ask each other what relation were we but, yeah, as long as we felt comfortable with it, it’s okay.

Time flies and June had arrived.
“Noona~ Today is Sandeullie hyung’s big day!” Channie shouted beside my ears. It was the day of Singing Contest.
“Get dressed now.” I told him as I took my clothes to the bathroom and got changed. Both of us got changed and stood in front of each other in the living room.
“Noona we are wearing couple outfit again!” Channie held my hands and said. He was wearing black and white, which is same as my style.
“You always choose black and white.” I said. “That's why we always wear similar color tone.”
“So that we are Chanel couple.” Channie grinned.
“Chanel…?”
“Yes! Channie and Rachel.” Channie grinned again and again. I smiled at his creativity. We took the bus to school and went straightly to the backstage of the school theatre.
“Let’s find Sandeul and Dr. Jung.” I told Channie and we started searching inside the backstage. Crap. The familiar cologne flowed around us and the blonde hair boy stood in front of me. I ignored him and continued searching for my lovely friends. There were two silhouettes standing at the corner of the backstage, one with a guitar. Here they are.
“Jinyoung oppa, Sandeul oppa!” I shouted and they turned around. O. M. G. They were wearing tuxedos. Two princes charming stood in front of me. My jaw dropped.
“Dongsaeng~” Sandeul smiled and hugged me. Jinyoung hugged me as well.
“You two are so handsome!” I said and Channie pouted.
“Thank you.” Jinyoung replied. “I heard how you called us!”
“Haha. Fighting Oppa! We will be watching in the crowd.” I said and patted their shoulders lightly. “Bye.” Channie and I left the backstage and found Baro on the way to the audience seat. We sat together.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I announce that Singing Contest starts now.” Emcee announced and everyone in the theatre clapped. The contest started with some contestants performing. “The next contestant is our freshman Kingka. He called himself Rap Monster, and he is Kim Namjoon!” I heard girls cheering for him. He rapped really well, but, yeah, none of my business. “The next contestant is Lee Junghwan from sophomore. He is going to sing a song called ‘Crush’, written by his guitarist.” Emcee announced. “And! His guitarist is our handsome junior, Jung Jinyoung!” I heard some girls cheering, mainly for Jinyoung. They stood on the stage and bowed. Jinyoung sat on the stool chair and Sandeul stood beside him. Everyone gasped when Sandeul started to sing. His angelic voice shocked everyone. He really did his best and I gave him great applauses. I heard many girls screamed after their performance. There were other contestants and it came to an end. “Before announcing the Winner of today’s contest, let me tell you a great news. The winner will be performing on the stage of our school ball!” I started imagining Sandeul and Jinyoung performing for the school ball. “And, the Winner is, Lee Junghwan and Jung Jinyoung!” I screamed and jumped up. Channie and Baro hugged me tightly when they heard the great news. Sandeul and Jinyoung came out from the backstage and receive the award. We took pictures of them.
“Let’s go to the backstage and congratulate them!” Baro suggested and we immediately agreed. We went to the backstage and saw them hugging each other.
”Deullie! I am proud of you!” Baro cried and hugged Sandeul tightly. Channie and I hugged them as well. I decided to peck Sandeul and Jinyoung’s cheek. I saw Jinyoung flashed a victorious smile to Channie and Channie rolled his eyes.
“Yay, I received a kiss from our dongsaeng!” Sandeul said happily and I grinned.
“Sandeul oppa you are so cute!” I said.
“Awww… you are still calling me oppa!” Sandeul said.
“Let’s go and eat pizza, oppa.” I smiled and grabbed Sandeul’s arm. Channie pouted. We walked out from the backstage and a shy girl bumped into us.
“Are you okay?” Sandeul asked immediately.
“Yes… thank you… I am Winter, shapeshifter… My animal form is cat… Can we be friends…?” That shy girl introduced herself with her head down.
“Sure! I am Sandeul, shapeshifter. I am a duck.” Sandeul smiled. “We are going to eat, would you like to go with us?” That girl nodded and we went to the pizza store together. We introduced ourselves to her but she seemed to be too shy to make friends with us. The waiter placed food onto the table and Sandeul and Winter started eating at the same time. Winter was so enthusiastic towards food, I could see.
“Sandeul and Winter love eating!” I said and smirked. Winter instantly lowered her head, but continued eating her slice of pizza.
“Awww… they look so great together!” Jinyoung teased.
“Sandeullie hyung got a girlfriend!” Channie teased. I could see both Sandeul and Winter’s face reddened.
What a great day. 

 

Author's Note: 
Thanks God it is my semester break. I will try my best to finish it... (although there might be no one reading this.)
I am typing Chapter 23 and there will be Ending A and Ending B. 
I will be going to Tokyo from 12th Jan to 15th Jan. I am going to watch B1A4 Japan tour in Tokyo. :3
I might be a bit crazy about them I know. But I just can't stop loving them.