Chapter 07.

Thank you, puppy

Argument

 

Rachel’s POV

 

I was taken care by Gongchan when I was having my period and I felt much better. This puppy was really a healing puppy.

 

Time flies, it was another normal school day on the first week of March. Gongchan told me he was very lonely at home everyday when I was studying at school. I felt so sorry about that but I could do nothing.

I cooked for both of us and I got changed. I wore simple white t-shirt and jeans. I wore my yellow and blue vans as well. I didn't feel like tying my hair so I just simply let them down.

“Noona, I want to explore more about this city…”

“But I will be worried about you, Chan-ah.”

“I am not a little puppy anymore!”

“This city is dangerous, you know?”
“Then do you know how I feel when I was alone! I felt like being abandoned again!”

“I provided you with shelter, food, and LOVE!” I rushed outside and I didn't want to see him again. How could he say he was abandoned? I felt my tears rolling down but I didn't care.

 

I ran to the cafeteria and sought some help from my friends.

“Ducky, Baro, Dr. Jung… I had an argument with Gongchan and I don't know what to do… What should I do…?” I told them about the argument.

“Well, that's simple! You can let him go to school!” Ducky answered me. I don't have such large amount of money for both of us.

“Yes! I agree with Deullie! Channie can make more friends here and we will treat him like best friends!” Baro added.

“What?????? NONONONONONONO!” Jinyoung shouted.

“Jinyoung hyung is afraid that he can’t keep his Rachel on his own at school anymore!” Ducky said.

“Ooooh Jinyoung hyung is always jealous!” Baro said.

“Ducky, Super Baro, can you guys walk me to the class? I think Dr. Jung needs some time alone.” I could see Jinyoung’s face was become paler.

 

They walked me to my class and left. I sat alone at the third row and started preparing myself for lesson. The terrible cologne was flowing around me again. ARGH KIM freaking NAMJOON.

“Good morning, human girl,” that wolf whispered.

“Good morning, Namjoon,” I greeted him politely because he saved me last time. He is not a bad guy, I guess.

“Why aren’t you tying your hair? I love to see your ears,” he said as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

“Namjoon, please behave…” I felt really uncomfortable when he touched my ears.

“Why? Are you afraid you will fall for me?”

“No, you jerk.” I gave him dead glare but he didn't care at all.

“Well, I know you want to be Mrs. Kim, dear,” he said and I scoffed.

“Wow, how narcissistic you are.”

He suddenly blew into my ear and I shivered. I blushed at the same time.

“Do you know how much I love seeing you blush, jagiya,” he smirked and my earlobe. WTF is he doing!

“Mr. Kim, please don't disturb Ms. Jang anymore.” The lecturer said to the whole class.

“Sorry, sir.” Namjoon sat straight. Thanks lecturer.

 

I was working on my notes and I felt strange glance from the corner of my eyes. That's different from Namjoon’s fangirls’ death glare. I tried to find where the strange glare was sent. I saw the husky-voiced man who gripped my throat that day in Arcade mall. I wrote a note and passed it to Namjoon.

 

Namjoon, I see one of the boys who bullied me that day. He is sitting five seats away from me. He is glaring at me. What can I do? :-(

 

He hugged my shoulder lightly and whispered, “I will protect you. Don't worry.” I nodded and felt the warmth from his embrace. I can only depend on him right now. He glared back to that man with his wolf eyes and showed his fangs. The husky-voiced man turned away.

 

“This is the end of today’s lesson,” the lecturer announced and the classmates left the classroom. Namjoon was still hugging my shoulder and I felt safe.

“I will drive you home,” he said.

“I have to work later and my friends are waiting for me at the gate…” I wanted to accept his offer but I really couldn't.

“I will walk you to the gate then.” I nodded.

 

We walked to the gate and saw Jinyoung, Baro and Sandeul waiting.

“Hey, why are you hugging our dongsaeng! Let go!” Jinyoung shouted at Namjoon.

“Let go!” Baro shouted at Namjoon as well. Sandeul pulled me away from Namjoon’s embrace and hugged me.

“Guys, don't be so offended towards Namjoon.” I said.

“When did you start calling him Namjoon? He is a bad wolf that wants to eat Red Riding hood! You are the innocent red riding hood!” Jinyoung said.

“I am sorry, Namjoon. And thanks.” I frowned and said. Namjoon shrugged and left.

“Well, lady. You have to explain everything to us.” Baro said to me. I told the three about the gang I met in arcade mall, how Namjoon saved me and the husky-voiced man in the class.

“What? Why don't you tell us? We should protect you every day!” Ducky shouted.

“Don't worry, Ducky. Namjoon saved me and I think he will protect me.”

“How can you trust that wolf! You are too innocent! He can eat you anytime without you noticing!” Jinyoung is over-reacting again.

“I don't know why, but I choose to trust him.” I said calmly.

 

We walked to the clinic and started working. That day was Boss Shinwoo’s shift. My favorite black bear in the world! We worked until nine that night. I calculated the money that day and went into Boss Shinwoo’s room.

“Boss Shinwoo, can I talk to you?”

“Sure,” he said as he took his glasses down and placed them onto the desk. “Let me guess, is that about Gongchan?”
“Wow, how do you know?” I wanted to talk about Gongchan’s education.

“Just guess. Now, tell me what is bothering you.”

“Can I get more money for my work?” I said as I looked at the floor since this request was so strange and … thick-skinned. “I want money for the school fee of Gongchan.”

“Oh dear, I am not turning you down but I have to assure your money is using in the right place.” Boss Shinwoo said as he held my hands. “How much do you know about him?”

I thought a bit and, yes, Gongchan mentioned nothing about his past, “I know nothing about him…”
“You are a really kind-hearted girl, you know. Everyone will melt their hearts by your pure personality.” Boss Shinwoo praised me.

“Thanks Boss Shinwoo…” I blushed at his compliment. “So…”

“Although I don't know much about Gongchan at all, I will help him, okay?” Boss Shinwoo is surely the best boss in the world. “I will pay for his school fee.”
“I will work harder to pay back! Thank you so much Boss Shinwoo!” I said as I hugged him tightly. His embrace is healing and I love his embrace so much. I think every bear’s hug has similar healing effect.

“Come on, I will drive you home.” Boss Shinwoo offered.

“Can you drive me to the shopping mall first?”

“Sure, what are you going to buy?”

We went to the shopping mall and I rushed to the smartphone store. I remembered that I promised Gongchan to buy him a phone.

“Buying for Gongchan?”
“Yes, I promised him.” I said as I imagined how Gongchan would smile brightly when he saw the phone.

“Gongchan should be grateful to have you staying with him,” Boss Shinwoo ruffled my hair. “You know how to take care of people now.”

“Well, I guess so.” I smiled. I bought a phone then Boss Shinwoo drove me home.

“Goodnight, Rachel.”

“Goodnight, my favourite black bear Boss Shinwoo.” I immediately went back to my flat.

 

I opened the door and searched for Gongchan. He was watching ‘Frozen’. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

“I am sorry, Chan-ah. I should not argue with you this morning. I am sorry to leave you here alone…”

“Noona, I am the one who should apologize. You helped me a lot but I am too greedy and I forgot I have to be grateful,” he said and frowned.

“Chan-ah, I bought you something.” I showed him the bag and told him to open it.
“Wow, it is a smartphone! Thanks Noona!” he hugged me tighter.

“I promised you, right?” he nodded. “And, I don't want you to feel abandoned anymore so I think I should let you go to school.”
“Really?” he beamed at my idea.

“Yes, and I will lend you my textbook. Also, I have some mock papers for you to try on.”

“Noona, thank you so much!” I gave him Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology textbooks and went to restroom for a shower.

 

I went back to my room and saw Gongchan working on the mock papers.

“You can read some questions first if the papers are too hard to handle.” I suggested.
“Noona, can you check the answers for me?” he handed me the Maths paper. Wow, he has done the whole paper.

“Sure,” I said as I took out the model answers from my drawer.

I sat on the bed and checked the answers with a red ball pen.

“Chan-ah, you did really well! You’ve got 98% correct!”

“Noona, can you help me check the answers for the Chemistry paper as well?” he handed me the Chem paper.

“Sure,” I said and I checked the paper. “Umm… Chan-ah, how can you complete them all within such short time?”

“My… my previous master told me to study with him before…” he stopped his action.

“I am sorry. I am just curious. Sorry for mentioning that person.” I said and frowned.

“Never mind, noona.” I could feel his mood changed from his sad tone.

“Chan-ah, fighting. I promise, I will bring you to apply for university, okay?” he nodded. I ruffled his hair and went to the kitchen. I decided to make him a cup of chocolate. I took the cup of hot choco and walked back to my room. Gongchan slept with two arms around his head on the desk. I chuckled.
“Chan-ah, sleep on the bed.” I gently said. He nodded as he rubbed his eyes. He lay on the bed and I covered him with the blanket. I drank the hot choco and went to sleep on the sofa.

Goodnight, Gongchan.