Chapter 11.

Thank you, puppy

Dependent

 

Rachel’s POV

 

It was a normal school day. I was awoken by the odor of food. I admit that I was too lazy to get up before Gongchan because I didn't want to cook. I make toast every time and I was so bored of that. I did my daily routine and went to kitchen.

“Chan-ah, good morning.” I smiled as I loved the odor of food so much.

“Noona good morning!” he was so energetic even it was still seven in the morning. I ate and got changed. I wore white T-shirt and denim shorts and a pair of black vans. I tied my hair as ponytail.

“Chan-ah, I don't have Chemistry lesson today so I will lend you my textbook to study, okay?”

“Thanks noona!” he was washing the dishes.

“I will go now. I will be back at around six. Bye.” I said and opened my front door. Namjoon wasn't here. Am I depending on him too much? He has no responsibility to go to school with me actually. I sighed and I walked to the bus stop. I was listening to music and the bus arrived. I got on the bus and sat alone. The bus arrived the stop that nearest to school and I got off. I didn't know why I felt someone following me. I was hoping that the stalker was Namjoon but I couldn't smell his cologne. Maybe I was thinking too much.

 

I walked to the cafeteria and I heard some girls talking about a boy.

“That boy was a new student!” a girl said.

“You mean the gang with six boys?” another girl asked.

“No! The boy I talked about was a boy that he absented for half a month. He came back today! He is handsome, with blonde hair and plump lips!”

I heard and I walked to Baro, Sandeul and Jinyoung.

“I am the most handsome one in this school!” Baro said.
“No! I am the most handsome one!” Sandeul retorted.

“Anyway, I don't think that new comer will be more handsome than us.” Jinyoung said and I stared at them with WTF look.

“Don't you curious about the new comer?” Baro asked me.

“Well yeah. I do. Do you know which class he is going to?”
“Hohoho! He is in the same chemistry class with me and Deullie! And we will have chemistry class today!” Baro said. “We will tell you about that new comer after the class.”

“Sure.” I was not that curious but it seemed he threatened the boys. They walked me to the class as usual. I sat at the third row and Namjoon wasn't there.

 

It was English lesson and we were preparing for the oral presentation later. It was a sudden task that we could only prepare for half an hour.

“Sorry, miss. I was late.”
“Mr. Kim, it is your topic. Please prepare now and we will have a presentation one by one after fifteen minutes.” The lecturer handed him a paper and he sat next to me.

“You are late again.” I said and continued preparing the topic. I realized that the stalker that morning wasn't Namjoon then. He took a pen from my desk and started writing. He wrote so fast. Our classmates started the presentation one by one after fifteen minutes. It wasn't our turn yet.

“Namjoon… I felt like being followed today morning.” I frowned.

“Don't think too much. There are a lot of schoolmates living in that area.” He said.

“Alright…” I thought he would be saying something like ‘don’t worry’ or ‘I will protect you’. Maybe I was really depending on him too much. It was Namjoon’s turn. His English was so fluent and my jaw dropped. He spoke like a native speaker. It was my turn then. My English isn’t bad but it was nothing comparing to Namjoon. The presentation ended.

“The highest mark of this task in this class is… Mr. Kim Namjoon.” The lecturer announced. I was a bit sad. “And the lowest mark is… Mr. Pyo Jihoon. Please study well Mr. Pyo.” The whole class laughed.

 

English class ended and I packed my things. When I have done packing, Namjoon had already left. I thought he would accompany me. I sighed and walked alone towards the cafeteria. Baro and Sandeul had the same lunch time with me this day. I placed my things onto the table and walked to the washroom. I washed my hands and went back to the table. There was a blonde guy approaching.
“Hello, you are Rachel, right?”

“Umm… I am.” Who is he?
“I am Zico. My mum is the one who sends you medicine.”
“Oh! You are Auntie Boyoung’s son! Hello!”

“I am here to tell you that my mum is very sick.”
“What?? Can I visit her?”
“I am sorry but she said no. I am studying Chinese Medicine right now. I know about the medicine my mum sends you, so I will keep on sending the medicine to you so don't worry.”
“Alright, thank you.” I said and he left. I frowned as my dearest Auntie Boyoung was sick.

“Why is our princess frowning?” Baro popped out from nowhere.

“Auntie Boyoung was sick… I am so worried about her…”

“You can call her!” Sandeul popped out as well, with a lot of food of course.

“Yes… I will call her tonight. Hey tell me about the new comer!”

“That new comer is quite cool! He was absented because of his mum!” His mum? Is he talking about Zico?
“What is his name?” I asked.

“Z…” Baro was thinking.
“Zico! You babo.” Sandeul exclaimed and hit Baro’s head.

“He is Auntie Boyoung’s son…”
“Oh…” They didn't know what to say.

“Never mind, let’s eat.” I smiled and told them to eat. I had lesson after the lunch so I went back to class. Having an art class for science students was so stupid. Our school was a science-based school but there are a lot of irrelevant subjects to study. They said we should have all-rounded education. Well, nonsense. I was having art lesson and I sat alone. Namjoon was not in this art class with me so I was so bored. I took out a pencil and sketched on my notebook. I sketched a wolf. What happened to me? Am I missing that annoying wolf? Nonono probably no!

“Today we are going to draw with a topic ‘Your brain’. I will now distribute a paper. Please draw a brain shape on the paper and you can draw anything inside.” The lecturer announced. I took a piece of paper and drew a brain on it. What should I draw inside? Maybe I should draw my precious friends because they are very important to me. I don't really know how to draw human so I decided to draw their animal form. I drew a Golden retriever puppy with pink towel around his body, a duck with food in front of him, a squirrel with a red cape, a fox holding a syringe and a black bear with glasses. Am I missing something? Should I add that annoying substance in it? I drew Namjoon on it as well. I drew a wolf with blonde backcombed hair. I smiled at my drawing and I was so satisfied with it. I took a picture of my drawing.
“Please bring it back next week.” The lecturer said and left. My lessons had ended. I packed my things and went to my locker alone.

“Miss me?” I felt a pair of strong arms s around my waist from behind, with that familiar smell of cologne. “Jagiya.

“Why are you here? Your class ended hours ago.” I pulled myself away from his grip.

“I am studying in the library.” He said. “You should do some exercise because you have so much fat around your waist.”

“Wow, you study!” I said sarcastically. “Fat can keep myself warm, okay?”

“You are perfect in my eyes, jagiya.” He said and I scoffed. “Let’s go.”

“I have to put my drawing into my locker first.” I said and he took my drawing.

“Let me look at it.” He said and opened it. “Wow that's me!”

“Hey! Give it back to me!” I shouted and took it back. I rolled my drawing back to cylinder shape and tied with a rubber band. I unlocked my locker and placed my drawing into it. I locked my locker. He held my hand but I shook him off. We walked to his car and got in.

“Jagiya. You are thinking of me when you are drawing, right?”
“No.” I didn't look at him.

“I treated you so bad this morning so you are thinking why I treat you like this. That's why you were thinking me all day.” He smirked.

“No.” Well… yes.

“Jagiya. I love you as always.” I scoffed.

“Tell your fangirls.” I don't think he is serious. He didn't answer. We arrived. “Thanks.” I went back to my flat.

 

“NOOOOOONAAAAAAA.” I was welcomed with a tight hug. “Welcome back!”
“Thanks.” he really acted like a puppy waiting for master.
“I cooked for us!” He was so considerate and he cooked for dinner nearly every night.

“Okay, let noona call someone first.” I patted his head and walked to the room. I called Auntie Boyoung.
“Auntie Boyoung I miss you so much!!”
“Hey. I told you not to disturb my umma! She has to rest!” That's Zico. Oh no.

“I am sorry but I just want to know how is she now…”

“No need. Bye.” He hung up.

 

I walked out from the room and I frowned.
“Noona why are you frowning? Are you okay?”

“No, Chan-ah. I am not okay…”

“What happened? Tell me!” he led me sat on the sofa and held my hand like I did that night.

“Auntie Boyoung was sick. She is my guardian. She paid for my education although I couldn't live with her. I only saw her twice but she was like my mum. I am so worried about her but her son told me not to call and not to visit…” I wept.

“Noona don't worry. She will be fine. I will be here for you now.” Gongchan said and hugged me.

“Thank you Chan-ah.” I wiped my tears.

 

Zico’s POV

 

“I told her about mum.” I was staying with them in our secret hangout place.

“What will you do next, hyung?” Jihoon asked.
“I will send her fake medicine and make her real form appear.”
“What is her real form then?” Minhyukkie hyung asked. I smirked. 

Author's Note: I am making a regular update on Saturday. But I think it is too slow so I am trying to update twice a week, maybe updating it each Wednesday and Saturday. I really appreciate the comments. I am not a social person so I don't really know how to reply. Anyway, thank you. And please subscribe and comments to show support. XXOO.