Chapter 09.

Thank you, puppy

Jealousy

 

It was Monday morning. I woke and looked at my phone. I got a message.

 

To: Jagiya

Wear something nice and have a nice date with me.

From: Handsome Namjoon

 

He helped me for countless time so I think I should follow what he said. I wore a white T-shirt and a black skirt. I chose to wear red converse. That's already the best clothes of mine. I don't usually wear skirt at all. I tied my hair as a ponytail.

 

“Noona, why are you wearing skirt?” Gongchan looked at my outfit and asked.

“Because that annoying wolf told me to wear something nice.” I said.

“Noona, I don't trust him,” he said and pouted.

“I know,” I patted his shoulder and went to make toast for both of us.

“Noona, when are you coming home today?” he walked in and backhugged me. His arms wrapped around my waist. So intimate…

“I don't have to work today so I think I will come home at around 4.” I said and lightly pulled away. I don't want him to see my crimson face so I lowered my head a bit.

“Great! We can watch cartoon afterwards!” he said excitedly. I think he didn't aware of the too-much skinship he gave me.

“Yes, finish your toast okay?” I said as I ate mine.

“Sure, noona.”

 

Gongchan opened the door for me and we saw Namjoon standing outside the door looking at us. He backcombed his blonde hair as usual and wore white T-shirt, black jeans and red converse.

“Wow, you are so early, wolf.” Gongchan said.

“I will accompany your noona to school.” Namjoon said and wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I could see Gongchan’s anger was arising.

“Noona…no…” he looked at me and said.

“Chan-ah, I will be okay. Wait for me at home.” I lightly pushed Namjoon away and hugged Gongchan tightly. I saw Gongchan’s victorious expression and I mentally chuckled. Namjoon pulled me away.
“We will be late so let’s go!” Namjoon said.

“Bye, Chan-ah.”

“Bye noona,” he waved.

 

I sat in Namjoon’s car.

“Why are you reacting like this?”
“Because I don't want my jagiya hugging other male. I will be very jealous.” He smirked and held my hand. I rolled my eyes and pulled away.

“Anyway, thanks for protecting me.”
“I promised, right? And, you can only be bullied by me.” He smirked. WTF?

“Why do you like to bully me?” I lowered my head and asked.

“Because it is fun.” He answered and pulled his hand onto my thigh. I immediately pushed his hand away. My heart pumped faster and my face became warmer. We arrived school and we stepped out of the car. We walked to the class and he suddenly backhugged me and whispered.

“Let’s have lunch later.” I nodded and walked faster. I heard some classmates gossiping about us. “Are they couple?” “They are wearing some style today.” “Yes, White shirt, black bottoms and red converse.” Arghhh… I didn't realize that at all. He sat next to me as usual.

“Jagiya, they are talking about us wearing so similar.” He smirked and said. “We have same style, like a couple.”

“Please, Namjoon. We are not couple so don't think too much.”

“But you've promised to have a date with me.”

“I promised because you saved me.” Namjoon shrugged and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I treated that as an action he used to show protectiveness towards me so I rarely push him away. I could feel his fangirls glaring at me again. Namjoon probably felt that as well and he suddenly nibbled my earlobe.

“Namjoon, please stop playing like this.”

“Why?” he smirked.

“Because of your fangirls.”

“I don't care,” he smirked again and again. I rolled my eyes.

 

We were having Biology lesson that day. Namjoon kept on asking me the questions about reproductive system of human. I asked them one by one. Why doesn't he listen to the lecturer’s teaching?

“Namjoon, can you stop disturbing me?”
“I am just asking questions!” he claimed.

“You’re burning my patience you know?”

“Aww… I like seeing you go mad,” he whispered to my ear. My freaking terrible sympathetic system, my cheeks went red again. “I like seeing you blush as well. You should look at your face. Your ears are so sensitive, right?” I ignored him.

 

I went to washroom alone. When I was washing my hands, a bucket of water was splashed onto me. I heard some girls laughing at me and I felt my warm tears rolling on my cheeks. They must be Namjoon’s fangirls. If I left for too long, Namjoon might come and find me, so I decided to send him a message.

 

To: Annoying Namjoon

I am not coming back. Don't wait for me.

From: Rachel

 

To: Jagiya

How about your things? And where are you going?

From: Handsome Namjoon

 

To: Annoying Namjoon

I think I will tell Jinyoung to pick them up for me later.

From: Rachel

 

I was standing at the outdoor space of the campus at the same floor of the class. I was going to send a message to Jinyoung. That familiar strong cologne smell appeared.

“Why are you all wet? Are you okay? Who did this to you? Minhyuk did that to you?” Namjoon asked a lot of questions.

“Your fangirls did this.” I said coldly. He suddenly hugged me tightly and apologized to me. I hid my face into his chest and wept. He let me stay like this for a while.

“I will go and get our things, let’s ditch class today.” He said and I nodded. He came back with our bags and a black leather jacket. He helped me to put on his jacket. “I always have a jacket in my car.”

 

He led me to his car and he drove.

“Where are we going?”
“We are going to have lunch.” I nodded. We arrived at an expensive restaurant. He opened the door for me.

“Thanks,” I said and he smiled and showed his dimple. The waiter led us to a table for two. Namjoon pulled the chair for me as well. No wonder he can be that gentleman. I sat and he sat opposite me. He ordered some food for both of us and we waited.

 

Namjoon’s POV

 

“Wow, you act like a gentleman today, huh?” she said.

“I don't usually do these things,” I drank some water and said.

“Then why are you doing these to me? You know, lending me your jacket, open the door, and pulling the chair for me.”

“I don't know,” I said, “because I like you.” I whispered. She didn't hear the last part.

The food arrived later and I helped her the cut the steak into pieces. She was eating the steak happily and I love to look at her cute expression. She looks like a chipmunk when she eats. How cute. She has been my crush since she moved next to me. I love making her mad and she would scold me like no tomorrow. I act like a jerk around her and I can call her jagiya which actually makes me very happy. But that puppy is interfering my plan. Argh.

 

Rachel’s POV

 

He drove me home after the lunch. We arrived fifth floor.

“Thanks for the meal,” I said and smiled.

“You’re welcome. Can we be friends?” he said.

“Sure, annoying wolf.” I said.

“Thank you, human girl,” he said and ruffled my hair.

“NOONA!!!!” Gongchan suddenly opened the door and dragged me back into my flat.

“Wow, Chan-ah, you smell me?” I asked and looked at the television. He wasn't watching cartoon but his was looking at the CCTV surveillance system of the elevator. “Oh, you are actually watching it and waiting for me for the whole time?”
“Yes… because I am afraid he would do anything bad to you,” he pouted and said. “Why are you all wet noona? That wolf splashed water on you?”
“I was bullied by some girls…” I took off the jacket that Namjoon lent me. Gongchan looked so worried. “Don't worry, Chan-ah. I am okay now.” I patted his shoulder lightly. He nodded. I got changed.

 

“Chan-ah, what do you want to do today?”

“Anything, as long as I am staying with noona,” he smiled and said. This kid…

“Then, how about watching Shrek today?”

“Sure!” he said and I took out the DVD of Shrek from my disc shelf. We watched together.

“Noona, do you want to have a boyfriend?” Gongchan suddenly asked.

“Huh? I do, but I don't think girls have to rely on boys. Just like Elsa in Frozen, she doesn't need a prince to save her at all.” I said and he nodded.

“You know, like Princess Fiona in Shrek, she has Shrek to save her and he gives her happy ending.” Gongchan said.

“Chan-ah, this is just a cartoon. I am not Princess Fiona and I don't think there will be Shrek for me at all.”

“Why are you so pessimistic, noona? You should look forward to having a boyfriend in the future!” he said. “Maybe I can be noona’s future boyfriend as well!” I blushed at his saying.

“Well, Chan-ah… Why are you saying strange things like this?”
“Because I like noona a lot!” he smiled innocently and said.

“Aww… thanks Chan-ah. Later on you will find a girl that you love, then you will not be saying you like me anymore.” I smiled bitterly and said. I said that because I think he was only being thankful to me.

“Nonono, I will like and even love noona in the future, because you are my one and only noona!”

“Alright. I will cook some ramen for both of us, okay?”
“Sure!” I patted his head and I walked to the kitchen.

 

I cooked and we ate. Gongchan was having a shower and I decided to return the clothes Namjoon lent to us these days.

 

Ding Dong

He opened the door and I saw him smirking. He was SHIRTLESS and only with a towel hugging his lower body. I gulped.

“Jagiya, you like what you see?” he smirked and said.

“Uhh… I… I was just returning the clothes to you… I… I should be going now…” I stuttered and I couldn't move a bit. He embraced me tightly.

“Thanks, jagiya.” He pulled me into his house and I couldn't move.

“Uh… Namjoon… Can you wearing something…” I knew my face were red like an apple.

“Why? I thought you like looking at my bare chest.” He smirked again. I saw some water droplets dripping from his hair to his chest. I felt like having heart attack. “I enjoy your stare as well.” I forgot I was staring at his chest. I immediately looked away.

“Uh… I… I think… I should go… now…” he pecked my cheeks suddenly.

“Sure, jagiya. See you tomorrow. Or if you want to see me anytime, just ring my bell.” He smirked and opened the door for me.

I stood outside his flat and he closed the door. My brain stopped working from the moment I saw him shirtless. I walked back to my flat and drank some water to clear my mind.

“Noona, why are you face so red? Are you having a fever?” Gongchan placed his hand on my forehead and asked.

“Nah, I am okay.” I felt like my soul was coming back.

“Okay, noona. Let have some sleep! You have to go to school tomorrow!” We walked to the bedroom and he lay next to me. I turned off the light and got ready to sleep but I felt I couldn't sleep because of the incident a moment ago. Ugh Kim freaking Namjoon what are you doing to me? I have to count imaginary sheep to make myself sleepy. When I nearly fell asleep, I felt an arm snaking around my waist. It was Gongchan. He could sleep without the towel but he had to sleep with me since then. When he was sleeping, he would grab something near him and hugged it, which is the nature of puppies. He usually slept with his arm wrapping my waist. That makes me blush as well. Do all the men act like this?

Author's Note: Happy Belated Birthday to Channie