Chapter 20.

Thank you, puppy

Back to School

 

Rachel’s POV

 

I have rested for a week and Umma finally let me go to school again. I was going to attend lesson the next day so Channie was lending me his notes for me to study. I took his notes and started reading. I was amazed at his neat handwriting. I started copying his notes to mine and I have some questions.
“Channie~” I sang.
“Yes noona?” He came and sat beside me.
“Why is it alcohol but not carboxylic acid?” I looked at the IR spectroscopy. “There is a broad peak which represents hydroxyl group.”
“Noona, did you forget that carboxylic acid has C=O double bond? The peak for C=O double bond is absent in this spectroscopy so it is not carboxylic acid. And both alcohol and carboxylic acid has hydroxyl group so you cannot decide what family they are by only looking at the hydroxyl group.”
“Oh. Thanks Channie.” I smiled. He explained with details and I immediately understood. I asked more questions which I didn't understand and he answered one by one very patiently. I had done copying and understanding the notes so I could finally sleep.
“Noona, goodnight.” He embraced me like usual.
“Goodnight Channie.”
 

It was already the start of May. There were only two more school days and it would be the end of semester. I smelled food and I woke. I walked to the living room and saw Channie cooking in the kitchen.
“Good morning Channie.” I said as I was rubbing my eyes with both of my hands.
“Noona good morning! Breakfast is ready.” He came and ruffled my hair. Hey! Who is the elder now? I pouted at his action. “I want to kiss you but I don't want you to cause fire.” I felt my face turned warm and became crimson. We went to school afterwards. We went to the cafeteria and found Sandeul, Baro and Jinyoung.
“Feeling great?” Jinyoung asked.
“Yes.” I grinned.
“I heard she wasn't coming to class because she is sick.” I heard a girl gossiping. “No, someone said she had an abortion.” “What? Whose baby is that?” “Maybe Namjoon oppa.” “No, I think that's Jinyoung oppa’s.” “Maybe that’s Gongchan oppa’s!” “No, he is too innocent.” Every one of us heard that but I didn't dare to scold the others. “That human girl is a .” I frowned at this statement.
“How can the others call you !” Baro was furious.
“The girls that call you are es!” Sandeul was furious as well.
“Never mind…” I frowned. Jinyoung walked towards the girls and started scolded to them. Everyone’s jaw dropped at Jinyoung’s sudden action. Jinyoung was always a gentleman in everyone’s eyes but he damaged his image just for me. Sandeul and Baro then joined him and scolded at the girls as well. They became the focus of the whole cafeteria and those girls started to tear up.
“Dr. Jung, Sandeul, Baro, please stop.” I went towards them and pulled them away.
“Why did you pull us away? We are scolding at those es!” Sandeul asked.
“Don't make a scene…” I said while I hung my head low.
“Okay…” Jinyoung patted my head.
“Dr. Jung, Sandeul, Baro, thank you… I know you guys care about me…” I said.
“You’re welcome, our princess.” Baro came closer and hugged me. I felt so blessed to have these boys to be my friends.
“Noona… let’s go. We will have lesson after 10 minutes.” Channie said.
“Okay.” I waved at the boys and left with Channie.

We walked to the Chemistry block and went to the class. I saw Namjoon sitting at where I usually sat with him but this time I changed my seat. Channie and I sat at the fourth row and I started preparing for the class. I saw a shadow beside me with a strong smell of cologne. I ignored him.
“Phoenix.” Namjoon whispered into my ear and I grasped.
“How do you know…” My eyes widened and asked him.
“My friend saw it and told me,” he whispered and caressed my hair.
“What do you want then?” I was sure he had something in mind and therefore he told me he had found out my secret.
“Don't ignore me, okay?” he whispered.
“Fine…” This man menaced me in order to get my attention. He is changing. He isn’t the protective Namjoon that I knew. The class went quickly and thanks to Channie. He taught me everything so I could catch up the class fast. It was then art class and that's mean I didn't need to deal with that wolf.

“This is the last lesson. The topic of your drawing is your animal form.” The lecturer distributed white A3 paper to us and signaled us to start drawing.
“Noona… you…” Channie looked at me worriedly.
“Don't worry. I will draw myself as human.” I whispered. Channie nodded. I drew myself and painted it with colour pencils. I draw a little bird at the other side of my drawing. I looked at Channie’s drawing and I laughed so hard. OMG did he know how a puppy looks like? It looks like a piece of cheesecake!
“Channie…” I was still laughing.
“Noona… Don't laugh at my drawing!” he pouted. “I have done my best!”
“Okay…” I tried to stop my laughing but I laughed again.
“Noona~” his tone changed. “Do you want me to kiss you in order to stop you from laughing?”
“No.” I quickly stopped laughing and placed my hands in front of my mouth to prevent his kissing.
“Good girl.” He smirked and continued painting his drawing. Hey who is the elder now!

The class ended and we walked out of the class.
“Noona, do you want to study in the library?”
“Sure. I need some reference books for revising as well.” We went to the library. “Channie, I am actually afraid of having exam. I am not intelligent…”
“I will help you.” Channie whispered and caressed my hair.
“Thanks.” He took some reference books from the shelf and started teaching me silently. I wasn't good at calculation, but Channie never failed to amaze me by his mathematics skills. He taught me a lot about the calculations in Organic Chemistry and I started to understand better. I worked on some practice paper alone when Channie went to buy drinks from the vending machine outside the library. That familiar smell of cologne flowed around me so I looked up and I saw Namjoon standing beside a bookshelf looking at me. Why is he following me? I sighed. He didn't come closer but he was gazing at me. Channie came back and Namjoon silently left. I sighed again.
“Noona why are you sighing?”
“Just… just thinking about the exam.” I lied because I didn't want Channie to be worried. “Look, we will be having exams for three courses. They are Organic Chemistry, Human Biology and English.”
“Noona I can help you to revise organic chemistry and human biology, so can you teach me English?”
“Sure.” I smiled. We discussed a little about our revising strategies and we decided to leave because the sky was getting darker. Channie held my hand while we were going. “Channie, should we eat something before going home?”
“Yes! I want to have dumplings!” He sounded professional when he was teaching me but he became the adorable Channie when he talked about food. We went to have dumplings for dinner. “Noona, say ‘ah~’.”
“Ah~~” I opened my mouth and Channie fed me with a piece of dumpling. Then I fed him back. We shared a can of Cola with one single straw but it seemed he didn't mind at all. We walked home holding hands. We felt like real couples although he didn't mention about our relations. Both of us felt comfortable with our relationship so no words were needed to explain this relation. “Channie, I felt like somebody is following us…” I whispered.
“I smell strong cologne.” Channie said with hatred. Oh… I nodded and I felt Channie held my hand tighter. We went home quickly.

This semester ended and exam period was coming. Channie and I studied at home everyday.
“Noona, don't you need to work?”
“Nah, Boss Shinwoo knew that I will be having exam so I don't need to work.” I grinned. “Should we take a rest?”
“Sure.” We went to the park for a walk. Channie changed his form and started running. I didn't chase after him but I was walking slowly and inhaled some fresh air. I looked at him and I found some female dogs were approaching him. I felt myself getting angry and I didn't want to burn down the whole park so I started to walk towards the exit without telling Channie. Suddenly I felt something tugging the hem of my jeans so I looked down. I saw Channie biting it and looking at me with his puppy eyes (literally). I smiled at his cuteness and picked him up. I hugged him tightly in front of my chest and he my face with his pink tongue. How can I get mad at this soft fur ball?
“Let’s go home and take a nap.” I said and he barked. I think he was saying yes. We went home but he didn't change back to human. I decided to let him sleep in my embrace then. Have a great nap, my adorable Channie. 

Author's Note: 
I am really sorry I didn;t update for more than a month. I will try to complete it asap... Sorry...
And I am looking forward to see them again on 29th!